Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Silverfish

Arbiter
Cmon guys DS2 is the worst soul game, don't always be a contrarian for a sake of it.

DS2 has the greatest build variety, the most content (which might be a bad thing depending on how you feel about it), mechanics that are entirely unique to itself (power stance, bonfire ascetics, NG+ red phantoms, hollowing accruing over time, soul memory) and by far the most well considered lore. It's not my favorite either, but it's a good game.

Nioh doesn't even deserve to be installed to be honest.

Yeah, sadly Nioh just doesn't have anything you can't find a more satisfying version of elsewhere. It's not quite Souls, and it pales before Ninja Gaiden.

Bloodborne is universally recognized as being superior to Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and even Sekiro.

"Bloodborne is good because it's popular."

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Sony needs to give it up and port that shit on PC already. Like, why do they hate money people set on buying their consoles will buying them no matter what.

But there actually exist cucks who buy consoles just for exclusives. And apparently Sony prefers more people owning their consoles to making money from sold game copies.

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Cmon guys DS2 is the worst soul game, don't always be a contrarian for a sake of it.

DS2 has the greatest build variety, the most content (which might be a bad thing depending on how you feel about it), mechanics that are entirely unique to itself (power stance, bonfire ascetics, NG+ red phantoms, hollowing accruing over time, soul memory) and by far the most well considered lore. It's not my favorite either, but it's a good game.

DS2's biggest problem is that it was rushed and that the lore and environments didn't look like anything from Dark Souls. There were no recognizable landmarks or structures.
If they had another year to work on DS2 and iron out the problems, complete some of the levels (apparently there was more to the gutter) and maybe made it a separate game to Dark Souls, I'm sure it would have been received better.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Martin concluded his work on Elden Ring long ago. He just wrote the overarching mythos for the game. This mythos was a base for Miyazaki and From to create the world for Elden Ring.
No, what the fuck are you talking about? From hired Martin to work as a developer on the game, that's why everyone is so excited about ER. He is singlehandedly developing the AI of every single enemy in the game, with extensive agency outside of player interaction and overarching goals throughout the entire plot.

Ah, so every enemy is programmed to attack with their flailing exposed cock then? It would just be like that HBO show.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Martin has been familiarizing himself with the toolset.
like you mean microsoft office 2010? this gonna take years for him moving from word pad.

edit: he uses even more ancient softare:

AANtEpAAA7Mm.jpg

Last edited:

Ysaye

Arbiter
He should just dictate some stuff as part of the opening to Miyazaki, they should then misinterpret it and then make a Kings Field game out from the misinterpretation- simple. It is clear that anything else is just going to be painful.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's not a From game if the story makes no sense and you have to come up with your own fanfic in your head.

Kitchen Utensil

He should just dictate some stuff as part of the opening to Miyazaki, they should then misinterpret it and then make a Kings Field game out from the misinterpretation- simple. It is clear that anything else is just going to be painful.

A new improved King's Field would be huge incline.*
In some ways, King's Field is better than Dark Souls.

*that's why it won't happen.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Do we really have so little information about this game that we can still speculate whether it could be like King's Field? Is From known to keep things in the dark like this?

I'm close to being done with DS3 and while i have no prejudice against the Bloodborne/Sekiro folks (and i think DS3 sort of falls into this camp, at least partially), i want a real RPG from them, like DS1 was.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

In what ways? It's an honest question, I know very little about that.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Do we really have so little information about this game that we can still speculate whether it could be like King's Field? Is From known to keep things in the dark like this?
This 20 seconds trailer is the only thing we have known about Sekiro for a very long time:

Everyone loved to speculate about it being a new Tenchu game, even without any actual proof.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

In what ways? It's an honest question, I know very little about that.

I tried playing the game once, the first one, but the controls gave me cancer (that was before i figured out i could use mouse and keyboard with the emulator lmao. Should give it another go with that).

The game is very archaic, with primitive, woobly PS1 era graphics and really awkard first person combat, but compared to Dark Souls it has even less hand holding, with more complex level design (made even harder by the fact everything looks the same) and it just feels like the type of game a mainstream developer would never make, even someone like From. If they do remake it, it wouldn't be the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom