Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Community Update #6: Multiplayer & Cinematics

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At least the Cate Blanchett wannabe is better in this BG3 video thumbnail than the horrendous outer worlds truckers.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
I'll say this... The original games started with a relatively good cutscene, and had some others scattered throughout. Larian's cutscenes are superb; I have no problem with them.

But (as you imply) the cutscenes are but the icing on the cake—there needs to be a great cake underneath it all, and based on the videos I have seen, this cake...
[ I am going to forgo the obvious Portal joke here ;) ]... this cake is a hot mess; like something kids made with brownie mix, marshmallows and skittles.
It's got the sugar in spades, but it lacks the flavor, the texture, and the richness of the original—I saw that much just from the UI alone.

I've mentioned it before, this is a Dragon Age clone —with a few nice twists to it. Swell as that may be... that's certainly not what I want from a Baldur's Gate sequel.

*For lack of real video —this quick composite is pretty close to what I would hope for in the official sequel to BG2:

Last edited:

Gromlintroid

Learned
Spellforce 3 was alright, but not really what I think of when I think of Baldur's Gate

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Certainly... but this is a visual mock up—not a suggestion for Spellforce3. ;)

What is shown [in brief glimpse] is along the lines of what I'd hope (and expect!) to see in a short clip of BG3 gameplay.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
The game will also feature Twitch integration, allowing audiences to vote on which dialogue options should be selected.
BJaf2S.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Looks like Larian's version of BG3 is the unholy union of D:OS and Dragon Age.

What a fucking time to be alive.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sure as hell ain't playing on my internet.

Other dude "eh.. buddy you there? heelllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooo................"

me "god damn fucking slow ass shit wifi.. fuck it."

Poseidon00

Arcane
Lack of Twitch integration was always the thing that killed the enjoyment of BG1 and 2 for me as a kid. Glad to see they are spending valuable developer hours on the important things.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I tried playing DoS with a friend. Nothing is more awkward than reading walls of text together and wondering whether the other person has finished reading or not. Or if that person even gives a fuck if you skip it or is just trying to be polite like you.

SerratedBiz

Arcane

Weird. I've posted gifs of people shooting themselves before and this is the first time they've been spoilered. Is there anyone left in the world that hasn't seen Full Metal Jacket? There should be a statute of limitation on how many years need to pass before you can spoil a movie, it's already been 30 years.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I tried playing DoS with a friend. Nothing is more awkward than reading walls of text together and wondering whether the other person has finished reading or not. Or if that person even gives a fuck if you skip it or is just trying to be polite like you.
You played it wrong. The correct choice is to take the super-duper levitation skill/talent/whatever-it-was and put multi-ton kegs of beer into their inventory preventing them from moving. Orma

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't remember coop in DoS1 but in DoS2 the other player can do whatever while you are in a dialogue - so anyone not interested can just drop out, go shopping, etc.
And if they do read, I think there was like a "voting" feature on which answer they'd like.

Best use of dialogues was to have your thief partner go behind the NPC you are talking to, in order to rob them blind :lol:

I really liked co-op in DoS2, played it a lot with my GF.
The only reason we didn't finish it was that we couldn't play it together often enough (2-3 times per week in 1-2 hour sessions means you'd be playing for way too long until you get anywhere).

Last edited:

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Ah so to enjoy DoS you had to divide the tedious chore of going through all that shitty inane dialogue so one of you takes turns to fuck around like it's a sandbox game (so reactive! I can use water spells to put out fire! It's just like a PnP rpg!). I sadly missed that memo so the game fell quite short of the mark to me.

Here's to hoping the quality of BG 3 comes close to those two modern day classics so I can play it with my own GF and either one of us can miss half the character interactions in the game in a playthrough because that's what I'm looking for in a CRPG. So long as I get to watch my favorite Twitch streamer spoil the game for me in advance and then I play with bae, all will be good. God forbid I get a minute of respite from that hag.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I didn't watch the video but I have some more feature suggestions:

1) speedrun mode
2) licensed music by a popular pop music artist
3) in dialogue, you can see how many other players picked that choice
4) long character creation (visually) and you can 'like' other people's avatars

Any important RPG elements I missed?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

1) speedrun mode

Please, don't give them any ideas.

Tyrr

Liturgist

1) speedrun mode

5) Youtubers/Twitch streamer voicing NPCs
6) Twitter/FaceBook integration (automatic tweet/post when you lvl up, etc)
7) Daily or real-time gated quests and events
8) a Awesome Button

Ninjerk

Arcane

1) speedrun mode

5) Youtubers/Twitch streamer voicing NPCs
6) Twitter/FaceBook integration (automatic tweet/post when you lvl up, etc)
7) Daily or real-time gated quests and events
8) a Awesome Button
9) DeepFakes of your favorite streamers as main characters

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Maybe the loot could be randomly generated, like in Diablo?
And there should be a boss rush mode so you can relive the best fights.

Maybe the dungeons can be procedurally generated, so it attracts the rogue-lite crowd, too.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

1) speedrun mode

Daily Log in rewards, cash item shop/auction house, guild with daily guild battles, and huge amounts of DLC.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
PvP arenas as well?
Rush boss mode?
Fanservice?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom