Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 4 Golden - out on Steam

Shinji

Savant
Just finished this game (first time in 2009)

There is something about this game that just feels so good. It gives you this warm and comfortable feeling in the chest.
I understand some MegaTen fans might dislike it for not being dark and apocalyptic. But it's weird, the older I get the more I appreciate stories with happy outcomes.

They really managed to capture theme of joy and youth. It's something that the older I get, the more I miss as well
This promotional image captures that pretty well

MT5vVe2.jpg

Marie's dungeon is a little lame, but she's a decent addition to the cast. Too bad she can almost never leave the velvet room, which results in her not participating in most events with the group.

Her theme song is pretty good though.

Of the "modern" trilogy, this one is definitely the best one for me.

Readher

Savant
Sega Emphasizes PC (Steam) and Console Ports After Persona 4 Golden Success, Talking With Platform Holders for New Games

Sega Sammy recently released their Fiscal Year Ending March 2021 first quarter financial results, consisting of the period from April to June 2020 inclusively. Alongside this, an investor questions and answers presentation was held on August 5th, and Sega has released it publicly today.

The respondents for the Q&A were Haruki Satomi (President and Group COO) and Koichi Fukazawa (Senior Executive Vice President and Group CFO). After discussing the strong performance of Steam regarding Sega’s repeat sales for the fiscal quarter—most effective in the West—an investor asked about the recently released Persona 4 Golden on PC.

Q: “Persona 4 the Golden” has been selling well on Steam, but do you have any plans to sell newly released games on Steam as well?

A: We remastered “Persona 4 the Golden”, a title previously sold on the PlayStation Vita, and released it for sale on Steam this fiscal year. Because of the game’s critical acclaim and its low selling price, sales were much stronger than expected. We will continue to actively promote porting previously released titles to Steam and new platforms. We are also negotiating with platform holders for new games in the future, and we’re considering ways to sell under favorable conditions for each title. Among them are measures such as preparing PC versions of the titles from the beginning, with multi-platform releases in mind.

https://personacentral.com/sega-pc-steam-ports-persona-4-golden/

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Among them are measures such as preparing PC versions of the titles from the beginning, with multi-platform releases in mind.

I wonder if this means something for the elusive Project Re:Fantasy, or something newer.

Terra

Cipher
Is there any possibility for Nocturne HD for PC?
Given P4's pc success and the fact they're actively working on a PS4/Switch HD remaster of Nocturne, it's hard to imagine Nocturne won't make the jump to PC soonish.

Then again, it could end up in some bizarre limbo like Yakuzas 3-6.

Vyadhis

Learned
Is there any possibility for Nocturne HD for PC?
Everyone has already said this but just emulate it with the ps2 emulator. I use to get excited for "remakes" coming to pc but now I realize 90% of the time they are just emulated versions of the game with unnecessary changes/difficulty tweaks for the masses. Zodiac Age did something like this and nerfed the difficulty in some spots in addition to all the optional cheats you can enable.

flyingjohn

Arcane
They nerfed the shit out of some bosses making the golden version not so golden:

Yukiko:
n Golden, Shadow Yukiko has been tuned down a bit. She is now weak against Ice, but has more than twice her usual HP. Use Bufu against her to knock her down. After Bufu has been cast on her she will cast White Wall to protect herself. After dealing 40% - 50% damage against her she will summon Charming Prince. Charming Prince is weak to Electricity and can support Shadow Yukiko by healing her with Diarama, casting Silence and attacking the party members. After dealing enough damage on the Prince, it will run away and Shadow Yukiko will waste a turn trying to re-summon the prince, but he will not come back. Before reaching critical health, Shadow Yukiko will also have an indicator when she will cast Burn to Ashes as well making the battle considerably easier.

Kanji:
Nice Guy is now weak to Ice. However, it cannot be rendered Dizzy and now has Wall skills and Re Patra to counteract these new weaknesses during the fight, which make him remain as the priority target to defeat in the fight.
Tough Guy is now weak to Fire and no longer absorbs physical attacks. Keeping him dizzy means one less attacker on Shadow Kanji's side, and fewer turns spent healing instead of attacking.

If you play this for the game play just stick to the original.

Vyadhis

Learned
They nerfed the shit out of some bosses making the golden version not so golden:

Yukiko:
n Golden, Shadow Yukiko has been tuned down a bit. She is now weak against Ice, but has more than twice her usual HP. Use Bufu against her to knock her down. After Bufu has been cast on her she will cast White Wall to protect herself. After dealing 40% - 50% damage against her she will summon Charming Prince. Charming Prince is weak to Electricity and can support Shadow Yukiko by healing her with Diarama, casting Silence and attacking the party members. After dealing enough damage on the Prince, it will run away and Shadow Yukiko will waste a turn trying to re-summon the prince, but he will not come back. Before reaching critical health, Shadow Yukiko will also have an indicator when she will cast Burn to Ashes as well making the battle considerably easier.

Kanji:
Nice Guy is now weak to Ice. However, it cannot be rendered Dizzy and now has Wall skills and Re Patra to counteract these new weaknesses during the fight, which make him remain as the priority target to defeat in the fight.
Tough Guy is now weak to Fire and no longer absorbs physical attacks. Keeping him dizzy means one less attacker on Shadow Kanji's side, and fewer turns spent healing instead of attacking.

Wow, thanks for that. I know 98% of people will say its autism (probably is) but I HATE when developers make little changes like this to a port or re-release.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Wow, thanks for that. I know 98% of people will say its autism (probably is) but I HATE when developers make little changes like this to a port or re-release.

Well, there's some compensation in the form of a new post-game bos... Buaaahahaha

Like every post-game nu-Persona Boss
Margaret
is just an exercise in patience.
Speaking of which I always find it amusing how the best Persona bosses are early- to midgame.

Or am I the only one sharing that opinion?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Like every post-game nu-Persona Boss

Every single super-boss in SMT is just a test of patience with some RNG flavor. Post Nocturne SMT battle system has a decent fun and depth on low to mid-level, but by the time you are fighting the super-bosses in any SMT post Nocturne it is just using the same skill rotation for 1 hour and hope you don't get unlucky crit or the enenmy got a lucky evade that will reduce one of your Press-Turn. It is pretty much playing modern WoW where you do the same exact skill rotation over and over until the boss is dead.

EDIT: it it is not clear, this includes Nocturne. Labyrinth of Amala super bosses are also pretty much doing the same skill rotation for hours and hoping bad RNG doesn't happen

Last edited:

Lilliput McHammersmith

Yukiko:

Kanji:

So the weird thing about the Kanji fight is that it’s much much easier if you don’t use Fire or Ice on the Guys. Apparently they eat those attacks or something. It does knock them down but also double or quadruples their HP, I believe. I don’t have hard numbers or anything, but without using Bufu or Agi, the guys went down after 3 or 4 rounds of straight physical attacks at about 50 hp a hit. If you use Bufu or Agi, then your damage output goes way up to about 150 a hit, but then they take many more rounds to defeat.

Readher

Savant
Sega will "aggressively" focus on PC ports after Steam strength during lockdown
Strong sales of Persona 4: Golden port will lead to more Sega catalogue titles on PC

Sega will start "aggressively" porting games from its back catalogue to Steam, due to the strength of digital PC sales during the COVID-19 lockdown.

The Japanese publisher's Entertainment Contents division -- which includes video games -- was the sole performer in an otherwise dismal Q1, as the global pandemic's impact on arcades, pachinko parlours and holiday resorts dragged on its bottom line.

In an investor Q&A released today, Sega said that "repeat sales" of its catalogue increased significantly in March and April this year. While that growth slowed during June and July, sales were still higher than 2019.

The key platform during that period was Steam, specifically in Europe and the US, with consumers purchasing digital games during lockdown.

Sega highlighted the performance of Persona 4: Golden, in particular, a PlayStation Vita game from 2012 that launched on Steam in June this year. Sales of the PC port were "significantly higher than expected," the company said, and that has influenced its strategy going forward.

"Going forward, we intend to aggressively promote the porting of previously launched titles to Steam and other new platforms," Sega said.

"Under such direction, we would like to take multi-platform rollout in account and prepare the PC version and others from the start."

Sega has a robust, PC-focused business in its games operations outside of Japan, with some of the industry's leading strategy and simulation developers in its portfolio.

Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Amplitude Studios and Sports Interactive are all owned by Sega, and their games are likely to have driven the company's performance on Steam during the lockdown.

These comments suggest that Sega's management in Japan has recognised the strength this provides, and will now make PC an equal priority on all new releases.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-08-19-sega-to-aggressively2
https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/settlement/2021/1q_main_qa_e_final.pdf

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
First patch: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1113000/view/2881696314208130920

Persona 4 Golden, Version 1.1
We have rolled our beta patches over to the Main Branch.

Hello Persona 4 Golden players! This release is Persona 4 Golden, version 1.1.

Thank you for reporting issues and participating in our Beta releases! Your feedback and involvement are crucial. We have rolled our beta patches over to the Main Branch. This release contains previous gameplay and stability issues addressed with Hot Fix 1 to Hot Fix 3. Here is a comprehensive list of fixes made:

• Fixes to video quizzes
• Fixes to cutscene playback, including a lower playback mode for smoother play on older machines.
• Soft locks occurring around Personamations
• Random crashes reported
• Crashes related to removing Xbox One controllers
• A hang issue that occurs during Midnight Trivia Quiz
• Blank items in inventory causing crashes and freezes.
• Please note that if you are experiencing this issue, your old saves will retain the blank item, so it is suggested that you generate new saves and avoid old saves with blank items.
• An audio issue related the audio setting during Yosuke's Calvary Attack.
• A progression issue that occurs when entering Yukiko's castle.
• Addresses a known issue where Quest 3 could not be completed by some players.
• Optimized cutscene movies for better playback that was causing stuttering.
• When using high resolution monitors, resolved an issue where the Windows 10 resolution scaling was being applied.
• Fixed a freeze issue when equipping a blank item in “Equip > Clothes”.
• If you have a blank item in the Clothes menu, please be sure to remove it as these blank items can be still in your currently saved game data. Equipping blank items can trigger various freeze issues in other locations.
• Resolved a soft lock that could occur after an All-Out-Attack.

Vorark

Erudite
Still remember Naoto asking if they were a pack of retards after getting drunk on these supposedly alcoholic drinks.

Ha, found it:

latest

Based.

Sentinel

Arcane
Am I supposed to grind once I reach the laboratory dungeon? I just got there and random enemies are hitting for 400+ damage a pop, oneshotting my entire party.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Guess that's where I'm dropping the game then. I'm not gonna grind that much.

Have you revisited old dungeon? In general every single old dungeon has bonus boss after the story section is finished.

If you are playing on Normal you literally just need to revisit every dungeon once to kill the bonus boss to get decent level for the next story dungeon.

Or just play on Easy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom