Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Shadenuat

Arcane
At the same time you can access some chests with this tier early game - or meet a random merchant on the road who sells them - and if you roll well - throw any semblance of balance out of the window.
AFAIK he spawns in Rad 2 at upper east of the map near stalker meme location. I was able to save scum him again after game crash.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
At the same time you can access some chests with this tier early game - or meet a random merchant on the road who sells them - and if you roll well - throw any semblance of balance out of the window.
AFAIK he spawns in Rad 2 at upper east of the map near stalker meme location. I was able to save scum him again after game crash.

I think its random. I've met him on west-south road (before level 3 radiation).
BUT after reloading I wasn't able to repeat the encounter - there were just some trashy loot caches in his spot.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Lucia doesn't like when you attack Neutrals. Makes it tricky when say you have clownraiders and some slaves near. Apply correct amount of shotgun cone geometry as needed.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Lucia doesn't like when you attack Neutrals. Makes it tricky when say you have clownraiders and some slaves near. Apply correct amount of shotgun cone geometry as needed.

I did kinda piss her off when I tried to headshot Brygo but not enough that she would leave. Next fight I fuck up the Dorseys at the Hoon homestead and afterwards she leaves.
I already saw that you can edit your save file to fix this but still.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Interesting - I just shot a nuclear missile at Brygo and team, she was fine about it. Perhaps cause I didn't target him directly, but most of his team, then finished him on Turn 2.

Finished, guess my ending fit. I was more than done with it at the end, but sadly the combat got better as I had more skills at the end to deal with shit.

Overall, I give it a 2 out of 5 corn dogs.

I think it a lot of ways it's amazing game, held back by being a bit too dumb, endless bugs, balance issues, they could have done more with the Ranger HQ, and so many choices were A or B with no other options.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but just didn't sit well in the end.

I'll return in a year or two when the whatever final edition comes out and check it out.

Fuck those bugs :P

Saduj

Arcane
Did it seem to anyone else that after level 6 or so, the armor and weapon mods get worse because they come with debuffs? Who would want +10 Armor -2 AP over just +6 Armor? Or +2 Armor, +50% Healing, -10% Evasion over +1 Armor, +25% Healing? Every armor mod and some weapons mods seemed to offer a bad trade off at higher levels when compared to the lower level counterpart. Not a big deal with weapons because upgrading to a higher tier weapon is usually worth it even if you don't have any mods ready. And you can take the perk that gives a chance to drop mods when you strip weapons so it isn't hard to eventually get some decent ones. But with Armor being a relatively useless stat late game, the real value in wearing armor comes form any other bonuses you get from wearing it. I ended up not upgrading most of my armor late game because in most cases, the lower tier armor with basic mods was better than higher tier armor for which I had nothing but higher level mods that offered shitty debuffs. If I knew this early on, I definitely would have hoarded armor mods for late game.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well it looks like idealized on paper design. Designer probably thought people would stack some shit into some crazy specialized or funbuilding builds putting eggs in all basket but design did not survive actual game. And it's very hard to make any experienced player to trade action economy for anything else like armor.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
It becomes especially bad since there seems to be a finite amount of armor and weapon mods in the game (unless my game was bugging out and vendors are supposed to restock) unless you experiment with the dismantling perk (even then it's a coin toss on what mods you'll get, and there doesn't even seem to be consistency in mods for weapon categories, so you can get melee weapon mods while dismantling guns or explosives and vice versa), or farm random encounters, which becomes fucking torturous late game since they seem to scale to your level.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Pro tip:

Have some survival and sneak shit, avoid any encounter that is with animals, Dorseys, robots and mutants, they are a waste of time for the most part and you should only go through them if xp farming, also dont waste bullets, just use your vehicle to squash them, only random encounter that is worthy doing are with Scar Collectors, they can drop cybernetic implants when they die, for that 100% critical resistance cybermodule to avoid that 5000 damage crit enemies can do and also, there is a mutant trader random encounter, he spawned on the southwest corner of the map right next a radiation level 3 zone for me, if you find it, buy a jackhammer shotgun, place a +6m mod for range and a wider cone mod then beeline for devastation, turn it into a fire shot gun with the fire conversion mod and be happy killing anything on 1 turn on Supreme Jerk .

Also, there is another random encounter with some trader from the Monster Army, if you have high reputation with the Monster Army, she will give you a unique crossbow as a gift, it is considerated a assault rifle, if you have that no AP attack after reloading an empty weapon perk + guaranteed crit after shooting the same guy two times + high intelligence + some coordenation, you can shoot it potentially 7 times a turn with 3 guaranteed strong critical hits.

What I liked about this is that is seems random, you may find them or not and if you dont have the money or the reputation you lose the opportunity, it makes the begining of the game not so predictable and at same time, as they are random, you cant just make a beeline to a known location for the best guns of the game. I wish there were more interesting random encounters like that, especially later.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
A question for those that didn't like Wasteland 2, but played this one - is it any better?

It's a very bland experience.
The presentation is improved over WL2 but personally I don't like the overall gameplay.
I paid $1 for MS game pass to try out this and CK3 and came out kinda non-plussed.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Well it looks like idealized on paper design. Designer probably thought people would stack some shit into some crazy specialized or funbuilding builds putting eggs in all basket but design did not survive actual game. And it's very hard to make any experienced player to trade action economy for anything else like armor.
The whole combat was designed on paper, common, InXile have people with RPG experience so why am I dealing with enemies with 1500 hp when my rangers have 200 HP, Final Fantasy style?And no, that is a common mook HP not a boss, yes, my sniper rifle can one shot them from 2000 damage but I dont get this number inflation. Why not, you know, you have 40 HP, the enemy also have 40hp, your attacks do 1-6 of damage so you need to hit an enemy a few times to kill it , the enemies health scale with their level but on a linear way following rules like on any well made RPG?

Codex Year of the Donut
The whole combat was designed on paper, common, InXile have people with RPG experience so why am I dealing with enemies with 1500 hp when my rangers have 200 HP, Final Fantasy style?And no, that is a common mook HP not a boss, yes, my sniper rifle can one shot them from 2000 damage but I dont get this number inflation. Why not, you know, you have 40 HP, the enemy also have 40hp, your attacks do 1-6 of damage so you need to hit an enemy a few times to kill it , the enemies health scale with their level but on a linear way following rules like on any well made RPG?
What they needed to add was
MEGA DAMAGE
Every number should have a ,000,000,000 added after it to make you really feel like you're doing the big damage.

Puny 1500 hp vs MEGA 1,500,000,000,000 hp

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did it seem to anyone else that after level 6 or so, the armor and weapon mods get worse because they come with debuffs? Who would want +10 Armor -2 AP over just +6 Armor? Or +2 Armor, +50% Healing, -10% Evasion over +1 Armor, +25% Healing? Every armor mod and some weapons mods seemed to offer a bad trade off at higher levels when compared to the lower level counterpart. Not a big deal with weapons because upgrading to a higher tier weapon is usually worth it even if you don't have any mods ready. And you can take the perk that gives a chance to drop mods when you strip weapons so it isn't hard to eventually get some decent ones. But with Armor being a relatively useless stat late game, the real value in wearing armor comes form any other bonuses you get from wearing it. I ended up not upgrading most of my armor late game because in most cases, the lower tier armor with basic mods was better than higher tier armor for which I had nothing but higher level mods that offered shitty debuffs. If I knew this early on, I definitely would have hoarded armor mods for late game.

Yeah, the high tier armor mods are pretty stupid.

On the other hand, the high tier weapon mods often have their niches. For example I installed a +12% Accuracy -12 damage barrel mod on my Eliminator sniper. +12% Accuracy is a lot and static -12 damage is barely felt when the rifle already does like 300-400 base damage.

Or the flat +20 damage -10% Accuracy mod. Bad accuracy can hurt, but if you attack enemies out of cover/flanked, its less of an issue. And using that on a 10 round Ripper or 18 round minigun.... that's A LOT of extra damage per burst.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Another qalm about itemization.

Why the FUCK don't I get access to heavy turrets and cannon turrets? those look awesome... but only enemies get them? Mechanics really REALLY is underwhelming.

Kodiak implementation in combat and costumization could also have been fleshed out alot more

Few meaninful skillchecks, and the turrets are boring meatshields in the end.

Nigga I want heavy cannon turrets up this motherfucka. >_<

At least they gave me a minigun... and it sounds ok i guess

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
I'm really not impressed so far, especially after hearing about it so much. Not sure why people praised it so much. It's basically the same game. I'm normally not one to complain about the graphics, but it does NOT look like a 2020 game to me. The armors look way too goofy for no reason. Maybe they are trying to go with the Mad Max look? But seriously, when one of the spike helmet guy got shot in the opening cutscene, I was like,"wtf? That's a ranger?" The writing is boring as hell too. I've played for about 4 hours and nothing really stands out.
Every thread about Ineptile, Obshitian, and other Codex hypejobs always has tons of fanboys raving about it and giving goofy ratings to people posting any critique. In about 6 months it'll be mostly criticism dominating the discussion.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I'm really not impressed so far, especially after hearing about it so much. Not sure why people praised it so much. It's basically the same game. I'm normally not one to complain about the graphics, but it does NOT look like a 2020 game to me. The armors look way too goofy for no reason. Maybe they are trying to go with the Mad Max look? But seriously, when one of the spike helmet guy got shot in the opening cutscene, I was like,"wtf? That's a ranger?" The writing is boring as hell too. I've played for about 4 hours and nothing really stands out.
Every thread about Ineptile, Obshitian, and other Codex hypejobs always has tons of fanboys raving about it and giving goofy ratings to people posting any critique. In about 6 months it'll be mostly criticism dominating the discussion.

Hardly. The game is definitely good and fun, but is marred by some very annoying things, that are fixable in time though. You are overly negative and edgy, no reason for that. You don't like that game, that's fine. But don't try to shit up the thread with negativity, please.

Most people in this thread seem to enjoy the game alot, despite its flaws and shortcomings, and that's great. There should always be room for constructive criticism and discussions on things that just dont work

Hardly. The game is definitely good and fun, but is marred by some very annoying things, that are fixable in time though. You are overly negative and edgy, no reason for that. You don't like that game, that's fine. But don't try to shit up the thread with negativity, please.

Most people in this thread seem to enjoy the game alot, despite its flaws and shortcomings, and that's great. There should always be room for constructive criticism and discussions on things that just dont work

HAHAHAHA "shit up the thread with negativity". I never get how people are so weak minded that they would get influenced by "negativity" coming from a total stranger on an online forum.

Also, none of this is going to matter in a few months once the hype dies down. Ain't nobody's gonna remember this game.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

HAHAHAHA "shit up the thread with negativity". I never get how people are so weak minded that they would get influenced by "negativity" coming from a total stranger on an online forum.

Also, none of this is going to matter in a few months once the hype dies down. Ain't nobody's gonna remember this game.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Go back to school, boy, before you get too much negativity from this dangerous stranger on the internet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Aint i got 2 questions

1. Does it already change anything that you put prisoners in your prison vs marshals prison? anything at all? I haven't come across anything.

2. I seem to not ever get the AI kodiak module from union station, tried it twice.. is it rng or is there another way to get it?

Giving prisoners to the marshals increases your relationship score with the marshals. You can probably make more than one decision that pisses them off and still end up being "Loved" by the marshals if you give them all the prisoners. Didn't matter in my case because I sided with The Patriarch anyway. Brygo is the only prisoner I handed over to them but in another post I read that if you put him in your prison, he tries to bribe your people into working for him. I don't know if that is just flavor chatter or if it plays out in any way. I kept all the other prisoners and other than seeing them in the cells, nothing came out of it. Presumably, anyone you hand over is executed so maybe it affects your score with other factions if you hand over prisoners but I'm not sure.

I got the AI module on the first try. Don't think it is random. I think you just need to pass the skill checks.
1. yeah you should give them the prisoners because that rises your faction reputation with them,while they have no other point of existing. Being in the prison is useless,the game does lack a shit ton of interaction and C&C. Also you can't get the faction level up any other way,just by giving them a those few prisoners.

2.Have no idea,i just did it on the first try. I believe that there is a check,maybe mechanics or something. And there is rng with it,the checks are hard coded,which is incline compared to w2.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Wrong.

Go back to school, boy, before you get too much negativity from this dangerous stranger on the internet.
LoL ignore dildolos,he gets hyped for every single garbage game out there,then plays for 5 hours and gets bored. He is hyping the game for a week now,yet it seems like had played it for like 5 hours lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom