Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MASS EFFECT 5 - yes or no

Padzi

Arbiter
If you accept that Shepard is core to Mass Effect and prequels are stupid, an elegant solution is to Demolition Man him. Have him cryo frozen until a time when the galaxy is in a state that needs a Space Cowboy again.

Shut the fuck up about Shepard Jim. Mass Effect is more than him/her.

J1M

Arcane
If you accidentally picked female shepard and had to listen to jennifer hale for dozens of hours I can see where you are coming from.

Padzi

Arbiter
If you accidentally picked female shepard and had to listen to jennifer hale for dozens of hours I can see where you are coming from.

Mark Meer is a cool person, but I have exactly the same opinion as you but regarding the Male version of Shepard.

Tytus

Arcane
Mass Effect is more than him/her.

I agree. If they did a prequel you could basically have a game that starts with the First Contact War like for the prologue/tutorial section then skips ahead 5-10 years.
This could be the game that Andromeda wanted to be. Humanity is the fresh newcomer to the wider galaxy and they only started colonizing other worlds.
The story would have you scout new planets, build colonies etc. while always having the option to visit the Citadel, play politics, fuck the aliens.
This would be a smaller story, no saving the world, but building a community, securing the space for human colonization.
The consequences would stem from what would happen to the colonies you built personally not from what Reapers will do the the galaxy.
We already know that other colonization efforts succeeded but we wouldn't know what happened to the bunch of colonies you established yourself.

jackofshadows

Magister
This is the Shepard I was listening to during ME2, the only part of trilogy with decent polish dubbing:

Sounds decent enough indeed. I beleive that russian dubbing were made only for ME1 and it was meme material in terms of quality level. Especially male shep who sounded like he had a jammer all the time, really. It was made by professionals but clearly w/o any direction whatsoever. Don't care for dubs either way though.

Codex Year of the Donut
Huh, what's wrong with Jennifer Hale? I don't think she did a better job than Mark Meer but listen to this compilation, I love this shit:

This is the Shepard I was listening to during ME2, the only part of trilogy with decent polish dubbing:

There's no way this is a real language
1zE4MfP.png

Tytus

Arcane
Huh, what's wrong with Jennifer Hale? I don't think she did a better job than Mark Meer but listen to this compilation, I love this shit:

There's no way this is a real language
1zE4MfP.png

And this folks is what happens when a person using animal speak encounters a human language. Disbelief. Lack of comprehension. Their brains are just not developed enough. Sad.

Padzi

Arbiter
Sounds decent enough indeed. I beleive that russian dubbing were made only for ME1 and it was meme material in terms of quality level. Especially male shep who sounded like he had a jammer all the time, really. Don't care for dubs either way though.

Ok, that Shepard is horrible. Indeed.

In Poland we had dubbing for ME1 and ME2.
ME1 was done believe it or not by CDProject. And it's meme material here too. Like for example Wrex using curse words as punctuation. Or both Shepard male and female sounding like there were people made out of wood with not ounce of emotion in them.
ME2 was done by EA Poland and the dubbing improved massively. They also hired big budget polish actors. The only actress that carried over from the first dub was if I'm not mistaken the one that played Tali.

Meme material:

Decent dubbing:

J1M

Arcane
Mass Effect is more than him/her.

I agree. If they did a prequel you could basically have a game that starts with the First Contact War like for the prologue/tutorial section then skips ahead 5-10 years.
This could be the game that Andromeda wanted to be. Humanity is the fresh newcomer to the wider galaxy and they only started colonizing other worlds.
The story would have you scout new planets, build colonies etc. while always having the option to visit the Citadel, play politics, fuck the aliens.
This would be a smaller story, no saving the world, but building a community, securing the space for human colonization.
The consequences would stem from what would happen to the colonies you built personally not from what Reapers will do the the galaxy.
We already know that other colonization efforts succeeded but we wouldn't know what happened to the bunch of colonies you established yourself.
Set it after ME3 and I think it could work.

Tytus

Arcane
960x0.jpg

0cxrcm6j2vx31.png

One thing Anthem had that I liked were these Asari looking helmets. If they do another Mass Effect I hope they give Asari actual helmets that fit their culture.
ME1 had them using human helmets and that was good enough, but ME2 and ME3 gave them those stupid breathing masks which they would wear (Liara, Samara) even when they were in space.
Give me some cool Asari helmets damnit.

Last edited:

Tytus

Arcane
bsM5RCx.jpg

For the record they had other armors inspired by Mass Effect - but I'm only interested in that Asari-head helmet. We already have sensible helmets for all other races.

Narax

Educated
If they do come around making another game, I prefer something much smaller scale than the overdone "save the galaxy". Perhaps a game set in the Terminus Systems, which is apparently home to many races we never got to see in the original trilogy.

Silly Germans

I'd like a Deus Ex like game in the setting, the universe is big enough and has many interesting locations that a agent could travel through. It has enough aspects that would work great for such a game, like mega cities, mega corporations, biotech, etc. On a second thought, i simply want another Deus Ex like game, i don't care for the setting but i think the Mass Effect setting could work well. No saving the whole galaxy anymore please.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you accept that Shepard is core to Mass Effect and prequels are stupid, an elegant solution is to Demolition Man him. Have him cryo frozen until a time when the galaxy is in a state that needs a Space Cowboy again.

Though frankly, I would just retcon everything after the first one.

I thought that's what they would do for Andromederp.

Boy was I wrong.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'd like a Deus Ex like game in the setting, the universe is big enough and has many interesting locations that a agent could travel through.

So much potential for this kind of thing, but the "OMG IT'S NOT LIKE THE LAST ONE I LOVED!!!" types throwing hissy fits stop us from having nice things.

rado907

Savant
I say no - do another IP instead.

ME was great, peaked with ME2, ended with ME3, Andromeda was a mistake, just leave this one be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom