Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Do you even play new RPGs anymore?

Are you an RPG GaM3r?

• Yeah I'm into Fallout 3, DIVOS, Pillars, BG3 and dirty underwear

• No

• KC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
You know what? I agree with you, entirely. However-
You're still retarded. Can't you articulate your thoughts more eloquently? It would also help if you fact check your statements first. For example, you wrote the creators of DE couldn't compete on the book market - which is, you'll agree, a dumb statement seeing as the lead writer is a published, semi-famous author.

I agree with you that the game isn't written that well and that it's not an RPG but you should structure your thoughts better or you're embarrassing those who agree with you, like Master Planetar does to religious people.
Your logic is flawed. Master Planetar would never embarrass me even if I was religious. I'm proud of being on the same forum, he is the best Codex has to offer to the world. And you need to acknowledge that.

JoonaAhonen

Prospernaut
Shitposter
Whatever, let's not fight. I just thought I should mention that Underrail will get a sequel right? I'd say Underrail was oretty nice evn though it was no Fallout.

Could aomeone tell me a good rpg to look out for??

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Since my “gaming PC” is now my laptop I can’t play very demanding games and honestly I enjoy playing older games like Daggerfall, Arx Fatalis and New Vegas on it
The newest games I have played on it would be Age of Decadence, Grimoire and Pillars of Eternity

Most of the new RPGs I play are on my Switch like Zelda, Witcher 3 and Dragon Quest 11

Kainan

Learned
I dont play any new games. But there are still some old ones i havent played so im not done yet.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
When it came out, we still widely considered ukrainians russians. Should it be retconned now that they're filthy animals or not is a matter of opinion. Slavophiles still consider them Russian.
Sounds like a bad case of coping and failed geography classes.
No, there's strong case for it if you look around. Look at Poland for example. For historical reasons, it's easy to point towards linguistic simplifications and artificiality that exist in Ukrainian and Belarusian, but don't exist in Polish. Also Polish culture has great literature, first class composers (who in many ways inspired Russian composers), first-class Polish mathematics. It's a standalone culture. Ukraine has none of that. Or rather it has that, but as Russia.
Yes, a strong case of coping with the inability to produce a more successful product.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If we're talking indies then yes I play them, finished Shadowrun: Hong Kong and Pathfinder: Kingmaker not long ago, playing Divinity: OS right now (sort of, it's tedious). Looking forward to getting around to Pillars 2 and Wasteland 3. AA stuff like Greedfall and Elex can be good with the right expectations.

If we're talking AAA stuff then I don't think there's a lot of what I would call "real Western RPGs" nowadays . Most are hybrids to some degree, so I'm not even sure how to answer the quest. I played Fallout 4 and Outer Worlds and thought they were okay, if those count. I played and very much enjoyed Deus Ex 4 and Prey if those count. I consider these all FPS/RPG/Stealth hybrids though.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
you had me at underwear

EDIT: I had a thread about people no longer enjoying new rpgs past 30 and you were laughing
Are you a gnome?

All my favorite companies are dead or absorbed by that ever hungry evil blob named EA.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
I still try as many new RPGs as possible. There's plenty of good stuff still out there, it's just usually buried by overhyped crap.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Of these recent games, I have been quite enjoying Deus Ex: Human Revolution, lately.

-- now where did I put my eyeglasses?

Max Heap

Arcane
I just don't play modern AAA games.

I'm waiting for the new Pathfinder.

:hmmm:

Unless anything changed Pathfinder's pretty much the definition of AA - small Dev (not indie-sized though), relatively uninvolved publisher (I'm not even sure if Deep Silver did much at all), partly crowdfunded, the project is scaled by consumer interest. That's pretty much the only way you can produce niche games like that (today, Pathfinder is probably not even as popular as D&D was in the 80s).
In contrast: AAA teams are huge, publishers have executive production power since financing comes mostly from them. Also, interest is largely created through enormous mass marketing - sometimes on par with development costs. The games dare nothing and are often overproduced cookie cutter shit for the lowest common denominator. There isn't a single thing in The Last of Us 2 that stands out, besides its production values. That's AAA and that's why I don't play that trash - with very, very few exceptions (mostly japanese stuff like the Souls series).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
One of its legs are both the same. (so I hear though my duck looks a bit like Freddy Kruger.. pic coming).
1nNwE1J.jpg
As to op... maybe play something else...

Death & Taxes

Its pretty low key, has skulls, you work in an office. Mew mew meow.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom