Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Hardly. The game is definitely good and fun, but is marred by some very annoying things, that are fixable in time though. You are overly negative and edgy, no reason for that. You don't like that game, that's fine. But don't try to shit up the thread with negativity, please.

Most people in this thread seem to enjoy the game alot, despite its flaws and shortcomings, and that's great. There should always be room for constructive criticism and discussions on things that just dont work

HAHAHAHA "shit up the thread with negativity". I never get how people are so weak minded that they would get influenced by "negativity" coming from a total stranger on an online forum.

Also, none of this is going to matter in a few months once the hype dies down. Ain't nobody's gonna remember this game.

Wrong.

Go back to school, boy, before you get too much negativity from this dangerous stranger on the internet.
LoL ignore dildolos,he gets hyped for every single garbage game out there,then plays for 5 hours and gets bored. He is hyping the game for a week now,yet it seems like had played it for like 5 hours lol.

Actually, I've played it for exactly 103 hours according to Steam (and still not bored), restarted 3-4 times. So I've probably played it more than any of you :)

vmar

Savant
Sure this game some flaws, but it's actually quite good. So good in fact that even after encountering a game-stopping bug at literally end game, I reloaded an old save from 2 hours ago and did the whole thing again. Then I immediately started a sj run after finishing. With most games, being unable to progress at the end of the game like that would be grounds for a rage quit and uninstall, but wl3 is just that good.

LoL ignore dildolos,he gets hyped for every single garbage game out there,then plays for 5 hours and gets bored. He is hyping the game for a week now,yet it seems like had played it for like 5 hours lol.

Yeah in one of the earlier comments, he was actually excited about the prospect of future DLC's fixing the crappy main story (which he admitted so). I mean, who does that? People are actually psyched about DLC's fixing what shouldn't be broken in the first place now?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It might be a good idea to start with one of the pregen character pairs. They come with unique backgrounds and... unique trinkets, some of them pretty strong (like +10% Crit rate).
Once you get trough the prologue, you can replace them with characters generated by you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hardly. The game is definitely good and fun, but is marred by some very annoying things, that are fixable in time though. You are overly negative and edgy, no reason for that. You don't like that game, that's fine. But don't try to shit up the thread with negativity, please.

Most people in this thread seem to enjoy the game alot, despite its flaws and shortcomings, and that's great. There should always be room for constructive criticism and discussions on things that just dont work

HAHAHAHA "shit up the thread with negativity". I never get how people are so weak minded that they would get influenced by "negativity" coming from a total stranger on an online forum.

Also, none of this is going to matter in a few months once the hype dies down. Ain't nobody's gonna remember this game.

Wrong.

Go back to school, boy, before you get too much negativity from this dangerous stranger on the internet.

Actually, I've played it for exactly 103 hours according to Steam (and still not bored), restarted 3-4 times. So I've probably played it more than any of you :)
LoL playing 103 hours a 20-30 hours game,oh yeah dildo,you are special. Also no,you haven't played more since i 100% it,while you were playing the first 5 hours 21 times. :smug:

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm thinking about if actual change initiative from group to single would have made the combat less retarded as a whole and not to just force to stack initiative before crit/whatever leaving the same picture.

The more time passes, the more I appreciate the effort with the story (even if rushed and somewhat unfinished), some bits of writing and the less about everything else, honestly. Still gonna keep an eye on, wonder for how long they will work on this.

Quillon

Arcane
So what's up with Amber? I forgot about her after checking with doc couple times then I finished the game, did I miss anything?

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
You are overly negative and edgy, no reason for that.
fanboy.png

You brought up graphics to knock Atom RPG when its graphical quality is comparable to Wasteland 3 with less than 1/100th the budget. You're an imbecile, hence why you say "edgy."

Codex Year of the Donut
As someone who likes both, WL3 looks way better than Atom. This isn't to fault Atom(much smaller budget, indie.)
IDK where this "WL3 looks bad" thing came from. It looks good to me, has a nice style to it.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
As someone who likes both, WL3 looks way better than Atom. This isn't to fault Atom(much smaller budget, indie.)
IDK where this "WL3 looks bad" thing came from. It looks good to me, has a nice style to it.
Wasteland 3 looks marginally better, so bringing up graphics as a point of contention is idiotic.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Wasteland 3 looks marginally better, so bringing up graphics as a point of contention is idiotic.

Graphically, Wasteland 3 blows away ATOM. No contest at all. You need your eyes checked. Why are you an ATOM fanboy in a WL3 thread? Move along please.

Flying Dutchman

Learned

Speaking of remembering, I have trouble remembering that Brian Fargo is still alive and not some waxy Botox corpse the puppeteers drag out for marketing.

Lhynn

Arcane
Difference is not "marginal", stop being retarded.
Atom is a very different game anyway, not sure why comparisons are being made. Wl2 and Fallout tactics would be the closest comparisons, and i believe wl3 to be better than either, though still very much flawed.

Atom has a way better story and/or atmosphere, and it is much closer to the original fallout games. (Which is kind of ironic, seeing how it's Brian Fargo who made Wasteland 3)

Though I wish they could've put in a cover system for Atom. I mean, seriously, it's 2020. Normal humans shooting at each other while being way out in the open looks retarded.

Saduj

Arcane
Atom had a “better story”? Lol. Makes me think you didn’t play to the end.

I enjoyed Atom just fine but it is everything else about the game that makes the story tolerable.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why are all the butthurt slav ATOM fans shitting on WL3 in this thread? I don't get it?

Did Fargo fuck your half-slav sister or some shit?

Get the fuck outta my face with that shit. ATOM is "fine" but nowhere near the quality of wasteland 3, at all. In any department, and that's just the objective truth.

And yeah, fucking lol that you guys think ATOM had a better story.. like... what the fuck are you even smoking.

This Daedalos guy probably works for inXile, otherwise why would anyone be such a die hard fan to a fucking video game no less? Now he's actually fucking racist against Slavs too? I mean, I've seen the word racist being thrown around a lot, but this is actually true in his case. Wtf, man?

I enjoyed Atom just fine but it is everything else about the game that makes the story tolerable.

At least in Atom you're not a fucking disembodied leader of four arbitrary bots that you can make over and over on command.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This Daedalos guy probably works for inXile, otherwise why would anyone be such a die hard fan to a fucking video game no less? Now he's actually fucking racist against Slavs too? I mean, I've seen the word racist being thrown around a lot, but this is actually true in his case. Wtf, man?

Found the slav, tho

Saduj

Arcane

At least in Atom you're not a fucking disembodied leader of four arbitrary bots that you can make over and over on command.

What does that have to do with my comment you were replying to here or your original, ludicrous assertion that I was commenting on?

And I like full party creation anyway. Guess what I did with it? I created my party once and lived with my mistakes until I could fix them on level up. Never used the feature to change appearance either.

In literally every game ever you are the disembodied leader, including Atom.

What does that have to do with my comment you were replying to here or your original, ludicrous assertion that I was commenting on?

And I like full party creation anyway. Guess what I did with it? I created my party once and lived with my mistakes until I could fix them on level up. Never used the feature to change appearance either.

No you're not. In Atom, you ARE that guy you started with. You're able to put yourself in his shoes and, for lack of a better word, actually roleplay. In Wasteland 3, you're NOT the rangers. You're just the disembodied guy who controls the bots. This is a horrible way to tell an RPG story. You couldn't even make a connection between my comment and how the story of WL3 is bad. Just goes to show you don't know jackshit about storytelling or anything that makes a game great.

Saduj

Arcane
Saying ridiculous things with conviction doesn’t make them so. You can imagine yourself as one of your rangers just as easily as you can imagine yourself as your guy from ATOM. You can even fill your other slots with NPCs if you want. There is literally no difference. I didn’t make any connections because what you’re saying is desperate and absurd.

I would bet even the others intent on shitting up this thread with endless variations of “this game sucks” posts are embarrassed to count you among their ranks by this point. Stop digging.

Saying ridiculous things with conviction doesn’t make them so. You can imagine yourself as one of your rangers just as easily as you can imagine yourself as your guy from ATOM. You can even fill your other slots with NPCs if you want. There is literally no difference. I didn’t make any connections because what you’re saying is desperate and absurd.

I would bet even the others intent on shitting up this thread with endless variations of “this game sucks” posts are embarrassed to count you among their ranks by this point. Stop digging.

It only "makes no difference" to you because you don't fucking care about the story. You were just mentioning how "you lived with your mistakes and only fix them on level up". Who fucking cares? That's gameplay and we're talking about story here. And no, you can't have 5 npcs. The most you can have is 4, so you're stuck with 2 bots at the very least. Everything in this game is tailored to make it as less important to your ranger's background as possible. The game won't even acknowledge you as a guy or a chick. Everything is so fucking impersonal.

If you don't care about roleplaying, why are you on this forum? It's literally called RPG codex for roleplaying games.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

No you're not. In Atom, you ARE that guy you started with. You're able to put yourself in his shoes and, for lack of a better word, actually roleplay. In Wasteland 3, you're NOT the rangers. You're just the disembodied guy who controls the bots. This is a horrible way to tell an RPG story. You couldn't even make a connection between my comment and how the story of WL3 is bad. Just goes to show you don't know jackshit about storytelling or anything that makes a game great.

You're literally the rangers from the first minute of gameplay. And the story ties well with Wasteland 2, which is a continuation of the ranger mindset and idea. You are a large team of people for the common good. This is hammered into you and the story countless times.

You're a bumbling moron. And I am gonna ignore you.

Have a good day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom