Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So far I've yet to hear anything bad about this Roxanne person. She makes mods and made some fake accounts to shill her own opinions or blow her own trumpet.
Makes mods: positive thing
Fake accounts: neutral, nothing burger.

Net: positive

Did she ever do anything controversial?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
No, it's deadly serious. Think about it: half of the people we have all come to trust and cherish here turn out to be Roxanne.

This is hilarious tbh.

Imagine waking up one day and finding out half the codex are my alts.
Nah, we're mostly chefe's alts

wait...

CHEFE?!

oh, wait...

UnfinishedIdioticHapuka-small.gif

hello friend

Arcane
Ey any of you scrubs know how to make the original Baldur's Gate (non-tutu, non BGT) work with

-ikonomov's Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Widescreen HD GUI in 1280 x 720
-plainab's BG1 Fixpack
-BG1 Unfinished Business (Is this even good?)
-G3 Tweakpack
-G3 Widescreen mod
-narzoul's DDrawCompat

Also if there's a better way to play Baldur's Gate, let me know. I want to play mostly vanilla, but with slightly less claustrophobic viewscreen and increased stack size for arrows and shit.

Using GoG version

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
It's very little amount of mods, just read their readme for correct order.
Usually it's:
- fixpack first
- tweakpack second
- [random mods]
- widescreen mod last

With that in mind and reading the readmes, you should figure out the rest.

(And DDrawCompat isn't even a mod as far as I know, just a dll you put in the game's folder.)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I would recommend asking around on G3 discord. Usually one or two nerds around who know this stuff really well.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Charmed Gromnir just to see what would happen. Nothing happened. Can't talk to him.

It's a wasted opportunity to make the game deeper at the cost of practically nothing.

4c621db24846d080a5a0bac8c8038b78.jpg

Ulfhednar

Savant
Charmed Gromnir just to see what would happen. Nothing happened. Can't talk to him.

It's a wasted opportunity to make the game deeper at the cost of practically nothing.
Pretty sure he frequents the obsidian forums if you really want to talk to him...

The Jester

Cipher
What do you guys think about Item and Spell Revision? I have never used them, Are they any fun? or its just balance bs?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
What do you guys think about Item and Spell Revision? I have never used them, Are they any fun? or its just balance bs?

SR people seem to like. It nerfs some spells and buffs others. I don't use it though because the nerfs are more an announce than a difficulty bump. SSC has some spell changes that are less drastic that I usually include instead.

IR is a steaming pile of shit that turns 2E itemization into 3E munchkinism. Of course other people think its great so...

hell bovine

Arcane
SR nerfs some arcane spells, but then introduces others that are overpowered, so in terms of balance there is little difference. I liked the changes to divine spellbooks better: druids get regenerating instead of cure wounds spells, so they don't overlap with clerics so much.

IR haven't tried.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Anyone got any idea what UI mod is used in this video? It's in higher resolution, but the bottom menu is perfectly centered and the otherwise black areas in inventory/map/etc. screens are completly filled with a very fitting background.

Edit: Fuck, that's just vanilla at higher resolutions, I completly forgot that BG2 resolution goes above 800x600. Thank you agris for making me double-check. Nothing to see here, folks, just reviving a thread after 5 months to show I'm kinda retarded sometimes.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom