Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Baltika9

Arcane
By the time Uncle Vladimir will be done with us, we won't need to grab anything. The laws of historical inevitability will do the work for us, comrade!

HitlerVsStalin07.png

Here's the full comic if anyone is curious: http://dsss.be/hitler-vs-stalin/index.php

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
i can just barely tolerate the malnourished buttocks and non-euclidian neck-to-shoulders angle on the chick, but the stock-to-barrel angle on that poor svd is TOO MUCH
oh, i now get your (most subtle, i admit) point Baltika9:

if that "artist" had chosen to join a good school instead of running errands for Lenin, they might have had a chance of being good at what they try to do?

very wise of you to point that out :salute:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's why I pretend RA3 never happened. That's no Red Menace, that's Red Light District.
No gaudy miniskirts, no oversized SVDs; only sleek uniforms and PB, only Comrade Zofia! :salute:

costumes_societs-2.jpg

Hmm... Comrade Zofia. Sophie, is that you?

Baltika9

Arcane
oh, i now get your (most subtle, i admit) point Baltika9:

if that "artist" had chosen to join a good school instead of running errands for Lenin, they might have had a chance of being good at what they try to do?

very wise of you to point that out :salute:
But of course. Only the finest riddles, tongue-twisters, head-scratchers and whodunits for my dear comrades-in-arms.

But in truth, talent like ours can best be developed by struggling with the material world, unfettered by rigid bourgeois curricula. Only through the application of practical theory to the material conditions of the world can we hope to reach excellence!

An astute and ambitious instructor like good comrade Ulyanov can only help our journey. He seeks to enlist us for our work ethic, so we can expect to work as he will first challenge the Tower and the Russian Imperial court, and then, by necessity, every great power of this belle epoque.

And that's just a really cool story.

Edit: and if anyone is worried about guns, well... If we're going to be involved in revolutionary activity, then we'll definitely have the chance to get our hands on some cool firearms and other such toys.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why did you monkeys leave the village to come to the city if we weren't going to do a damn thing to help Elizabeth for fucks sake. In hindsight, should've gone with the Astra institute, I miscalculated.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
In hindsight, should've gone with the Astra institute

Yup. If we had, then we might make a difference as orderly. Understanding our amulet of Akasha might enable us to extend the protection to Liz.
Now, seeing as we didn't, I don't think we'll be able to do much of a difference in the hospital. Which is why my preference is proper schooling that'll prepare us for the Hunter's Association tests.

Baltika9

Arcane
Why did you monkeys leave the village to come to the city if we weren't going to do a damn thing to help Elizabeth for fucks sake.
Your question is probably rhetorical, but I checked people's reasons for coming to the city:
I think all of this is fair. I'm just uneasy about the fact that we come to the city primarily for Liz (I'm assuming), and then we pass up two major choices where we thought there might the a more direct connection to helping her out (Astras, now Hospital).
I looked through all the various reasons people voted to leave Scottsfield. Most of them boiled down to 'why not?' and 'yeah, let's go pursue a different life!' It probably didn't help that all votes to come here were also votes against saving Liz.

And, to be fair, that's exactly what we did: we helped out our friend, earned some cash and developed our skills.

So, yeah, here we are in the Big City. I don't see what we can do to help Liz out in the hospital, and we already passed up the choice to help her with Uridimmu. We have no idea as to what her illness is in the first place, let alone know if it's or Rain can help.

Are you open to joining Lenin and challenging the Tower's secrets and political structures, perchance? I think we'll have room for growth there, from political intrigues and Secret Service type work, to dealing with the Tower and it's secrets.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Tigranes, here you go, bro:

===Tally===

==1st choice==
A - 5 (1)
B - 6 (10)
C - 9

==2nd choice==

A - 0
B - 1
C - 17

Baltika9 - AC>BC
Nevill - AC
hellofriend - AC>BC>CC
Orbit - AC>BC
Kipeci - AX>BX

ChumBucket - BC>AC
CappenVarra - BC
Nahel - BB
Grimgravy - BC>BB>CC
Azira - BC>CC
baud - BC

Kz3r0 - CC
Kalarion - CC
Lambchop19 - CC>BC
asxetos - CC
ItsChon - CC>BC
Egosphere - CC
Nyx - CC
ERYFKRAD - CC
Life of the Party - CC

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Baltika9 Is my BC conditional counting toward that supposed tie? Same with ItsChon’s vote.

If so, then it’s not a tie at all.

CC should be leading by 1, shouldn’t it?

edit: at least by the count in the spoiler, there are only 5 BC votes without conditionals, not 6. And 2 of the conditional votes have CC as their primary.

So CC should be in the lead by 1 then, shouldn’t it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm counting each choice separately for this one. 1B and 1C are currently tied by that count. I have both you and ItsChon as 1C>1B.

Baltika9

Arcane
Ah I see. Makes sense.
I serve the multinational Communitarian Council of Codexian Players.

:salute:

I even found a nice logo for us:
flat,550x550,075,f.u6.jpg
It's not as good as the one Wrinkly can make, but I hope it meets Comrade Commissar Lambchop's strict standards.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
I'll attempt another pitch for 1A and joining Vladimir Ulyanov.

I know that our stats and origins as a country bumpkin may turn some people off from it, but that kind of unconventional and seemingly contradictory character is what I find intriguing about this path. In the company of brilliant orators, visionary theoreticians and cutthroat politicians, we can be the dependable, down-to-earth type who gets the job done, and gets it done right.

We'll be thrust at the central conflicts of the setting, the Tower being the world's only source of precious Astra, and all governments inside the Tower and out will become either our allies or our opponents. The strong supporting cast is also there: Father Rasputin and Grand Prince Alexei for antagonists, the great revolutionaries of the Twentieth century as our allies (I'm sure that Lenin isn't the only historical figure we'll meet on this path ;) ).

And last, but certainly not least, will be the difficult decisions we will face in this story, personal and moral. How far can one man go in the pursuit of his ideals? Will Cloud become a committed revolutionary, or his mentor's greatest adversary? Like ChumBucket said, we won't necessarily be convinced to Lenin's political doctrine.

Bros, let's do politics in this LP with 1A, however ill-fitting an 11-year old with a burned face, Elven ward and an angry, emotion-sensing demon in his leg may seem for this path. If nothing else, it'll be an awesome story.

Last edited:

^leveling up our communist drawing skill vs trying to save our friend's life (or, at worst, getting a headstart on becoming a monster hunter if BC wins).

Yeah, thanks, no. I'd rather stick with CC>BC.

hello friend

Arcane
I'll attempt another pitch for 1A and joining Vladimir Ulyanov.

I know that our stats and origins as a country bumpkin may turn some people off from it, but that kind of unconventional and seemingly contradictory character is what I find intriguing about this path. In the company of brilliant orators, visionary theoreticians and cutthroat politicians, we can be the dependable, down-to-earth type who gets the job done, and gets it done right.

We'll be thrust at the central conflicts of the setting, the Tower being the world's only source of precious Astra, and all governments inside the Tower and out will become either our allies or our opponents. The strong supporting cast is also there: Father Rasputin and Grand Prince Alexei for adversaries, the great revolutionaries of the Twentieth century as our allies (I'm sure that Lenin isn't the only historical figure we'll meet on this path ;) ).

And last, but certainly not least, will be the difficult decisions we will face in this story, personal and moral. How far can one man go in the pursuit of his ideals? Will Cloud become a committed revolutionary, or his mentor's greatest adversary? Like ChumBucket said, we won't necessarily be convinced to Lenin's political doctrine.

Bros, let's do politics in this LP with 1A, however ill-fitting an 11-year old with a burned face, Elven ward and an angry, emotion-sensing demon in his leg may seem for this story. If nothing else, it'll be an awesome story.
I'm fully on board brother, but know that doing the job right entails purging commies by fire and sword (and astra). If nothing else, we'll see some interesting things.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm fully on board brother, but know that doing the job right entails purging commies by fire and sword (and astra).
:greatjob:
If that's what happens, cool. I just want 1A to happen first.

^leveling up our communist drawing skill vs trying to save our friend's life playing werewolves and vampires with Liz.
Suit yourself. I'm sure it'll be a better love story than Twilight.

:troll:

Last edited:

Missed the alerts for the last update, should I vote for B or C
B is some advanced school.
C is trying to hopefully find some cure for Liz.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom