Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Flying Dutchman

Learned
To me it looks like a tennisball from a microscope, but otherwise yeah, there’s a Numenera vibe to it.

There's too little text surrounding, covering, and behind the sphere to be Numenera.

agris

Arcane
Patron
EHBXd_lUEAAQ0Fj

Yeah, the sphere at the top looks like a Death Star. Looks like something out of Numenera actually.
That looks (from US pov) Art Deco or Victorian revival, i.e. vaguely Arcanum-ish.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Zombra do we know that they own the building? If they're renting it, as a lot of business do.. sure it looks nice enough, but isn't that big a deal.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zombra do we know that they own the building? If they're renting it, as a lot of business do.. sure it looks nice enough, but isn't that big a deal.
Maybe not financially, but there's a big difference between working in a shiny, spacious office and a dank hole in the ground.

Look at this crap:

Compare it to the above. That's a substantial difference if you ask me.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow yeah, you weren't kidding about shoebox. Statement retracted!
I don't think that was their exact building (look close and you can see "China Kitchen" over the door) but this is the strip mall where they were located ca. 2012.

Here it is on Google Maps if you want to look around. Check out Jack's Surfboards!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Compare it to the above. That's a substantial difference if you ask me.

I dunno, working right next to a Chinese restaurant and doughnut shop has its perks. :cool:

The interior of the new office is gaudy as hell, but that's Fargo's tastes.

The Real Fanboy
That insider that leaked all the coolest info about Avowed and said Inxile has the biggest budget for any rpg at Microsoft has now said way more stuff about them:

Not sure to tell. I already had written about themes/production sets that are planned.

Few things that most of people with Wasteland 3 probably didn't realise;

- it was 3.5y project with very limited budget and scope
- new staff was added at later stage of the project

Also, most people still don't get few things about inXile;

- new core team is staffed with some of the best in the industry and publicly nothing was shown yet by them
- Wasteland 3/Torment: TON team will be reintegrated with new core team and part of it will stay to support the game
- people will be shocked by production standards as it is large scale next gen by default project
- Unreal 4/5 with completely new game systems (some very cutting edge stuff, I talked about it previously) in opposition with previous Unity usage
- integrated in XGS structure already with great coverage for co-operation with other studios (also it will have more than one team)
- new very large office building in Tustin at 10 minutes distance from biggest talent in industry (also NOLA office was rearranged recently and expanding)
- XGS is very confident in inXile and they have very strong support
- time and money given to this project are TIER 1 (I know that some people still doubt it, but it's a fact)
- team will grow in next few years a lot
- "unusually long time production" by default

SPOILER: SPECULATION TIME:

Tones that I've had described based on some inputs are in line that it could be another Wasteland project but on the other hand it can go in new IP direction. This part is already fixed at core team but I don't have access to the information/confirmation.

Fargo recently reiterated that they don't plan to abandon Wasteland IP. On the other hand I'm not sure if that was the vision of Moore and Anderson as they are main leads for new project.

If I'm giving any odds with info that I have I would say 60% that it is first person/third person Wasteland and 35% that it is first person/third person new IP and 5% that it is first person/third person Torment/OtherIP.

I think that it will be more visible next year what is all about or at least to give better prediction.

All in all I had amazing time with Wasteland 3, it was a pure blast but I know that some critics were directed to lack of QA, bugs, etc. Team at inXile is very conscious what they "are missing" - but thing is they started unfolding new structure like 2 years ago now. By 2024/2025 I'm pretty sure that most people will not believe that such transformation from game to game is possible.

It is already visible if you follow the team more closely. For me personally - most exciting studio at the moment.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...nded-in-reality.267597/page-125#post-45331775

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Not sure about its authenticity or how much tier 1 means, but I can see how MS is investing on inXile (the new offices, hiring AAA developers). It seems Fargo's business acumen seems also work in the jungle that is MS.

Not sure about its authenticity or how much tier 1 means, but I can see how MS is investing on inXile (the new offices, hiring AAA developers). It seems Fargo's business acumen seems also work in the jungle that is MS.

In real life any stat that isn't charisma is a dumb stat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom