Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization VI - Now available, so you can sink all your free time into it

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
jew_basic.jpg

I can't be the only one who's seeing the resemblance, can I?

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
Vampires in Civ game, oh lord... Secret societies was a neat idea if it was based on actual historical secret societies (which there are beyond plenty to chose from). But no, better to have vampire unit that can plant a fucking castle on any tile... Hopefully Old World will be decent...

RuySan

Augur
So they're still finding ways to add "civilizations" that added nothing to humanity and still don't have Portugal, who started globalism? I'm usually not very patriotic, but I'm still butthurt over the inclusion of Brasil, australia and canada.

thesecret1

Arcane
The last good Civ was Civ IV, and Civ IV had TERRIBLE combat. Why do you guys keep playing this shitty franchise? There are many clones out there better at doing what this thing is doing. Not shitposting, genuine interest.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The last good Civ was Civ IV, and Civ IV had TERRIBLE combat. Why do you guys keep playing this shitty franchise? There are many clones out there better at doing what this thing is doing. Not shitposting, genuine interest.

Name some names of said clones.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I played one round of Civ VI this weekend in a prestigious LAN session with a good bottle of scotch. Astoundingly, four years after the game's release the AI is still as braindead as on day one. We managed to beat three AI teams on Deity in 150 turns or so.

We gave the Real Strategy mod a go. It makes the AI downright competent. It now builds city improvements, more than two cities, more than two units, doesn't declare retarded wars, etc. The game is almost fun now.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
What's the deal with companies making the point of boasting how a patch/update will actually be available to the fucking owners of the game. I hate this timeline.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's his own damn fault if he's dissatisfied with how it all turned out. No one put a gun on his head for any of his past decisions. No one's forcing him to stay in his company either, he could quit at any time and make passion projects if that was what he really wanted.

Gerrard

Arcane
Finally a normal looking character, guess it's thanks to the fact that you can only see like 30% of his head.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom