Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Cook Cook's cousin is pretty good. :lol:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you interact with them enough, all companions are good in their own way. However, at least for Octavia and Regongar, there are several short scenes that happen after resting on local maps. So if someone wants to romance - or just have a full story - of a companion I'd suggest resting in the wilds instead of the global map or villages.

Trashos

Arcane
Wands of Mage Armor are cheap. Bokken has one from the beginning. You also should be using a full Shield of Faith. Magical Vestment also works.

Doh, I have never paid attention to Magical Vestment, gonna look into it, thanks!
The problem with Shield of Faith is that I never have many spell slots for it in my parties. It competes with Aid and in the early game it also competes with Inflict Wounds (which I need in order to heal Jaethal). But maybe I can find some slots for it later in the game, you are right.

OK, I will try to see if it is reasonably convenient to replace Octavia's Mage Armor with wands.

Stoneskin shouldn’t be necessary.

Why don't you like Stoneskin? I think it is awesome.

Trashos

Arcane
In other news, I managed to gather 6 regions before Season of the Bloom starts, which I believe is the maximum possible. First time that I achieve this.

Mud'

Scholar
Hol' up

Now with turn base combat? They added turn base combat officially? Or its that turn base combat mod?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Wands of Mage Armor are cheap. Bokken has one from the beginning. You also should be using a full Shield of Faith. Magical Vestment also works.

Doh, I have never paid attention to Magical Vestment, gonna look into it, thanks!
The problem with Shield of Faith is that I never have many spell slots for it in my parties. It competes with Aid and in the early game it also competes with Inflict Wounds (which I need in order to heal Jaethal). But maybe I can find some slots for it later in the game, you are right.

OK, I will try to see if it is reasonably convenient to replace Octavia's Mage Armor with wands.

Stoneskin shouldn’t be necessary.

Why don't you like Stoneskin? I think it is awesome.

Communal is fine, but if you buff Okbo properly he’ll rarely get hit. Shield of Faith is a must because he can’t wear a ring. Blur is better than Aid unless playing Unfair.

Desiderius

Patron
If you make Jaethal a Cleric she can heal herself with spontaneous spells.

razvedchiki

Erudite
my initial assesment of the kingmaker ai mod was somewhat wrong, melee enemy mobs will actually target the party members with the least ac. almost in every fight ekun/jubi hit the deck in the first 2 rounds. mirror imaging and generally buffing the back line is a neccesity with the mod.
enemy mages also deliver more hurt now, had a fight with a pesky bandit transmuter and his 2 friendos which my lvl 6 party was unable to win after 20 reloads. the mage casted mirror image and elemental body and procceded to fire chain lighting after chain lighing destroying my party ( a scroll of protection from electricity would solve this encounter but still). also he sometimes casted polymorph to my mc tyrning him to a dog.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
razvedchiki Does the Kingmaker AI mod make the AI to try to "proper flank"? Like, does it force AI fighters to try to move into flanking position when possible? Also, does it consider if the AI group has any source of sneak attacks or flanking related feats?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
New patch:

Update 2.1.3 – September 15, 2020

Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

• Fixed Octavia’s position at Oleg's Trading Post.
  • Fixed the positions of some enemies at the Old Sycamore area.
  • Fixed the issues with the characters’ movement in the Adamantine Shield Fortress.
  • Fixed the issues with the characters’ movement in the Lostlarn Keep — the Depths.
  • Fixed the looped romance scene with Regongar in the Capital.
  • The joking mite was rescued from under the ground in the Old Sycamore Caves.
  • The fog was missing on the global map in Chapter 1. Resolution: fixed.
  • A rare issue with exiting from some areas has been addressed once again by improving the algorithm that determines the point of switching between locations.
  • Fixed the issue due to which AOE effects couldn’t be applied through doorways.
  • A magus could continue to move after a full-round attack in which Spell Combat was used. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed some errors due to which characters couldn’t hide their weapons after the battle was finished.
  • If you had a lot of mercenaries, the game could freeze for a long time when calculating the kingdom data automatically. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed the hints that showed lines of enemies’ and allies’ attacks.
  • If a character was moving when a cutscene started in turn-based combat, the game could freeze. Resolution: fixed.
  • The AI behavior for a 5-ft. step in turn-based mode has been improved; freezing of AI turns in some cases has been fixed.
  • When enabled, the ‘Auto interrupt movement’ setting interrupted the attacks and touch spells, especially at a low FPS. Resolution: fixed.
  • When a character had a charged spell and couldn’t reach their target, a turn now ends automatically even if the character still has a touch attack available.
  • The Fog of War data storage format in the saved games has been changed, thus decreasing the files’ size. Special thanks to our player hambeard for this idea!

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/640820/view/4647108190416671734

Desiderius

Patron
I just had the Manticores down at the bottom of Flintrock ignore my melee and try to come around the flank after my ranged dudes, same with a couple Barbs charging in there earlier.

razvedchiki

Erudite
razvedchiki Does the Kingmaker AI mod make the AI to try to "proper flank"? Like, does it force AI fighters to try to move into flanking position when possible? Also, does it consider if the AI group has any source of sneak attacks or flanking related feats?

not sure but probably not, they just charge into the backline eating attacks of opportunity on the way.

Desiderius

Patron
razvedchiki Why on earth was your level 6 party fighting a transmuter that was at least Level 12? That probably has more to do with the difficultly than the AI mod.

He's playing modded. That Transmuter is one of the few casters who is well-placed enough to get a spell off on even a well played party. I usually eat a Slow from him.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
That Transmuter is one of the few casters who is well-placed enough to get a spell off on even a well played party. I usually eat a Slow from him.
Which is pretty dumb, because why a Transmuter would not use Baleful Polymorph if he has it and if he does not care about loot?

Trashos

Arcane
If you make Jaethal a Cleric she can heal herself with spontaneous spells.

I quite like Jaethal as my tower shield tank, so I am not looking to change that. She still has her one level of Inquisitor which translates to 2 inflict wound spells, but I need all the healing I can get for her (being a tank and all).

Desiderius

Patron
That Transmuter is one of the few casters who is well-placed enough to get a spell off on even a well played party. I usually eat a Slow from him.
Which is pretty dumb, because why a Transmuter would not use Baleful Polymorph if he has it and if he does not care about loot?

Because he doesn’t have it unmodded. I think they fixed the loot thing. Slow is better vs party of six anyway.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anyone else game is bugged with clouds after new patch?

How to rollback patch?

Yeah, the map does look a little different after the patch.

kph6NlO.jpg

Trashos

Arcane
If you’re playing well in this game your tank is the one who doesn’t need healing.

I do not see how that is possible. I cannot avoid criticals.
Also, at certain parts of the game my AC is not high enough to avoid all non-criticals (but, to be fair, I am not sure if this one is on the game or on me). Certainly the case early on. Playing on Hard, btw.
(House rules: no summons, no pets other than Okbo)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom