Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Immortals Fenyx Rising - Ubisoft's Greek mythology action adventure

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Seems Ubisoft doesn't understand why Odyssey was a success..... Yes Greek history/mythology is cool and all (and a virgin territory for video games, not much explored) but the game also had cool characters and gameplay. This looks like a kiddy game.

JDR13

Arcane
Seems Ubisoft doesn't understand why Odyssey was a success..... Yes Greek history/mythology is cool and all (and a virgin territory for video games, not much explored) but the game also had cool characters and gameplay. This looks like a kiddy game.

Idk, I must be missing something because I recently tried Odyssey for the second time and just couldn't get into it. Like the previous AC games, it just has a very gamey feel. Even in explorer mode, the game still holds the players's hand too much.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Minor title drama continues: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...sted-by-monster-energy-legal-documents-reveal

UPDATE 17/9/20: Ubisoft has stuck to its guns on Gods and Monsters' name change being the result of a creative decision, despite the legal challenge by Monster Energy.

As reported earlier this week, court filings show the energy drink maker contested Ubisoft's use of the Gods and Monsters moniker earlier this year, though the matter never reached court. Shortly after, Ubisoft confirmed the game would be getting a new name for its final release.

Here's Ubisoft's statement in full:

"The name change for Immortals Fenyx Rising reflects a creative decision and is not a result of legal matters," a spokesperson told Eurogamer. "As stated in the past, the extra development time allowed us to push our initial vision even further and explore new avenues for the game. As this vision was coming to life and developing a more mature tone, we felt the game needed a new name to better reflect those changes."

Doktor Best

Arcane
Anyone played this? From what i've read it is less like typical Ubisoft openworld crap and more akin to BOTW, which is a game i liked quite a lot.

Story and writing appears to be cringy though. It now all depends on wether exploration and puzzle design can alleviate the cringe.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems Ubisoft doesn't understand why Odyssey was a success.....
Was it? I'm not touching ACValhalla after suffering through Odyssey, finished all the previous ones.

I think Odyssey is an improvement over the older AC games in most ways. It's just not enough of an improvement to motivate me for a full playthrough.

I think adding "RPG elements" just opened the door for hitpoint bloat and grind.

I haven’t played it, but people I trust have told me it’s okay from a gameplay perspective, and some of the worst shit they’ve ever seen from a plot/writing perspective.

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I finished it.
Took me 45 hours or so for the main game but I left bunch of sidestuff behind. Didnt get any DLC tho, Season pass is like 40 euros.

Its like Odyssey gameplay wise with addition of puzzles. Story is like a parody on greek mythology, you might get a chuckle or cringe a few times.

Vaults of Tartarus(puzzle arenas) were the highlight for me, there is always an extra chest in there with loot for extra effort but also bunch of rewards in the game are locked behind some puzzle or challenge like running against the clock, guiding the arrow or lighting the lamps in correct order. Its full of these things and if you like to derp around at casual pace its a perfect chillax game.
Just a warning, game combat can be a bit easy so I recommend playing on hard or legendary.
I blitzed through it on hard, was a bit challenging till you get max upgrades for weapons.

There is a demo with most abilities unlocked so try that one first before giving Ubi your money. Its a whole new area that is not featured in the main game.
Its an 8/10 easily unless youre a storyfag. Gameplay is rock solid.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Completed both the main game as well as all the DLCs. Great game, looking forward to either additional DLCs or the inevitable sequel.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What is BOTW? I saw this mentioned on another site. GOG doesn't have it. Then I saw UBISOFT and realized you probably need that fucking third party ubi program running ONLINE for this bitch to work. (Pinky, my slut computer, was running some other steam games offline but MMX refused to operate offline). I fucking hate that online bullshit. And no steam either btw only
UBISOFT CONNECT for PC. So that's a bit o shit right there. Dunno why ubifags think everyone wants to connect.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is BOTW?
Breath of the Wild, the latest Legend of Zelda game. I think it's possible to emulate, at least the Wii U version.

Then I saw UBISOFT and realized you probably need that fucking third party ubi program running ONLINE for this bitch to work. (Pinky, my slut computer, was running some other steam games offline but MMX refused to operate offline). I fucking hate that online bullshit. And no steam either btw only
UBISOFT CONNECT for PC. So that's a bit o shit right there. Dunno why ubifags think everyone wants to connect.
Last time I wanted to play a Ubisoft game I had on Steam, I ended up downloading a crack just to spare me the trouble of dealing with the ubicrap.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I'll have to do crack to not blow my brains out when dealing with their stupid loader program.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom