Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vaporum: Lockdown Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Fatbot Games; Vaporum: Lockdown

Vaporum: Lockdown, the prequel to 2017 steampunk dungeon crawler Vaporum from Slovakian developer Fatbot Games, was released today. Originally announced last year as a minor project, Lockdown ended up getting delayed twice due to both an expanded scope and the usual complications of the Covid pandemic. Now that it's out, perhaps it can provide you with some entertainment during your lockdown. Here's the launch trailer and accompanying announcement:

Vaporum: Lockdown, prequel to critically acclaimed Vaporum, is out now! Get it on Steam, GOG, or Humble Store / Widget (see below).

For a tiny indie team such as ours, it’s a great privilege to be able to release our second game. We’re super grateful for all of you, the fans who supported us throughout the development of this game. We hope you will enjoy this labor of sweat & tears, but also much love!

What started as an idea for a datadisk that would bring a few new levels and maybe 1 or 2 new minor features, has grown into a fully fledged standalone game that is as big as the original game, if not bigger.

Lockdown brings many improvements on almost everything that made Vaporum good, plus a host of new features and quality of life upgrades.

Just to name a few:
  • New storyline following a female protagonist, Ellie Teller.
  • Brand new levels.
  • New enemy types with unconvential attack patterns that will challenge your wits & reflexes.
  • New weapon & armor types for even more build options.
  • Lots of synergies to find. We created many new unique weapons & armor pieces and a few new circuits, all with synergy-building in mind.
  • A host of new puzzles and a special optional level with extra-tough puzzles to challenge your brainpower.
  • More voice-overs and a deeper look into the lore and story of the world of Vaporum.
  • Much streamlined controls (including much improved controller support).
Even though the game takes place in the same tower, the storyline is completely new. Follow a new protagonist and find out what happened before the events in Vaporum. Ellie Teller, a teleporter scientist, must face her own past and find a way to escape the place.

As a side note, we came up with the final name of the game mere weeks before the global pandemic broke out. It also hit us hard, where we had to work from home for several weeks, so you can say that Lockdown was being made during a lockdown.

Thankfully, none of us got infected. We would also like to thank all the people on the frontline who have been working to keep us safe!

Share, comment, and enjoy the game!

There aren't many reviews of Lockdown yet, but initial reports suggest that it's pretty similar to its predecessor. If that sounds good to you, the game is available on Steam and GOG for a reasonable $18.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
This game looks good, will try it.

edit: bought

I dont like cyberpunk setting, but what can you do

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Deadman

Screenshot_2020-09-16 Steam Community HoboForEternity Friend Activity.png

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>Female protagonist.

I sleep. Game automatically skipped.

Highly relevant in a god damn blobber cumbrain

Is this any better than normal Vaporum? That was a big snoozefest for me, I think because it assumed that you never trade hits with the enemies fairly. Since every enemy was designed to be kited to death stats and advancement didn't feel like they mattered. So is this more of the same or something better/different?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
>Female protagonist.

Highly relevant in a god damn blobber cumbrain

Is this any better than normal Vaporum? That was a big snoozefest for me, I think because it assumed that you never trade hits with the enemies fairly. Since every enemy was designed to be kited to death stats and advancement didn't feel like they mattered. So is this more of the same or something better/different?

Why is cum the first thing that comes out of your mouth?

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Monster Zero Ultra cracked open. Drew curtains and turned off the cellular phone. Put on my Xaiomi blueblocking computer glasses.

Yep it's gamer time.

ZTR2mNo.jpg

DemonKing

Arcane
>Female protagonist.

EDIT: Female scientist, at that. 1/10 for lack of realism.

What the hell are you talking about?

World-is-not-Enough-Denise-Richards.jpg

Seriously though the fruit hasn't fallen far from the tree with this one. If you liked the first one you'll probably like this. Most of the enemies seem identical. Main difference I can tell is more VO and there are occasional in-game cutscenes.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Legend of Grimrock or Eye of the Beholder are shooters for you?
Ever play warriors of the Eternal Sun. You could spam shooting your arrows/slings mega fast and kill mobs in the dungeons (which are like EOB). Since mobs respawned each time you left and re-entered you could FPS say a certain fire giant to death or slash slash slash as it tried to walk sideways into your view. Side step run or w/e and shoot and slash. No trading blows there.

Generally, NO, I wouldn't call blobbers a boomer.

*Wishlisted until I see a discount (higher than 10%) because that's the type of cheap bastard I am..* (and becuase of these stupid wildfires and smoke I've had to spend a lot of $$$ on IRL stuff).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Legend of Grimrock or Eye of the Beholder are shooters for you?
Ever play warriors of the Eternal Sun. You could spam shooting your arrows/slings mega fast and kill mobs in the dungeons (which are like EOB).

Warriors of the Eternal Sun was even coded by Westwood, which also coded Eye of the Beholder, therefore your argument must be true!!!

You're comparing a console title to a home computer title. You want long-range spamming in a dungeon crawler, go play Might & Magic.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Not saying I prefer shooting rapid fire in WOTES; it just what I found out you could do. Cheesier than Mickey Mouse high on spray cheese aerosol.

I hope the story is well worth the prequel entry.

bec de corbin

Educated
>Female protagonist.

EDIT: Female scientist, at that. 1/10 for lack of realism.

damn, a woman being able to fight while inside a robot suit? unbelievable. only a man has the strength needed to have his robot suit fire a laser at things

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom