Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In which video-game universe you want to live in?

• Thread starter Duralux for Durabux
  • Start date

Which universe?

• Total voters

Deleted member 28561

No Silent Hill?
Nice choice as a distraction from the horror of the real world.
Old Hermes don't want people to get the wrong idea, but the two Silent Hills that I grew up with were not horror but mainly erotic. Missed out on the PS1 game and played the second and the third. I still remember the big splash pages of art in the gaming magazine, that was how I found out about it.

BS1PirW.jpg

rZagOqt.jpg

xoRBKoy.jpg

What extravagances the Japanese come up with I thought. Then I played it and liked everything about the game, the occultist and introspective psychological themes were brand new to me in gaming, very cerebral. In some ways the third game is the best one, smartest game in the series, but it did not ooze of forbidden appetites of the flesh like the second one did, yet it was still there. Masahiro Ito is a deviant, but my kind of deviant.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I would like to live in a zombi apocalypse, so I don't have to go to school anymore.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Outer Wilds :troll: after the first few thousand times of that creepy music, the supernova and reliving the past 22 minutes, I'd blow my brains out.

Only to wake up again next to the campfire and repeat it, again.

Seriously though, Monkey Island.

jungl

Augur
A dungeon crawler world where you kill stuff to get fame and wealth would be cool. Resident evil world would be cool who doesnt want to get munched on by cute heckin doggerino zombie dogs.

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
No Silent Hill?
Old Hermes don't want people to get the wrong idea, but the two Silent Hills that I grew up with were not horror but mainly erotic. Missed out on the PS1 game and played the second and the third. I still remember the big splash pages of art in the gaming magazine, that was how I found out about it.

BS1PirW.jpg

rZagOqt.jpg

xoRBKoy.jpg

What extravagances the Japanese come up with I thought. Then I played it and liked everything about the game, the occultist and introspective psychological themes were brand new to me in gaming, very cerebral. In some ways the third game is the best one, smartest game in the series, but it did not ooze of forbidden appetites of the flesh like the second one did, yet it was still there. Masahiro Ito is a deviant, but my kind of deviant.

Deleted member 28561

No Silent Hill?

BS1PirW.jpg

rZagOqt.jpg

xoRBKoy.jpg

That is the most commonly referred to scene in the game, and one can take it one step further with this video, which has excellent visuals but unfortunately the music falls flat for me in a way that the game never does.

What old Hermes find more interesting are the things which are slightly less on your nose. The genius of Silent Hill is when it marries opposites, the union of dualisms. The reconciliation between repulsion and attraction, ecstasy and agony, the beautiful and the grotesque, the sublime and the profane, lust and disgust. It does this in the very first enemy you encounter, a contorting thing in a straitjacket made of flesh and follows this through to the end credits. This got completely lost after The Room and it was all made very mundane, both brains and heart left the series with Team Silent.

Silent Hill is a place I would love to visit, both the sombre foggy town and its inhabitants, to quote Vincent from the third game, «They looked like monsters to you?» I am sure I would have much fun there.

Deleted member 7219

Trails.

Firstly, it would mean my school experience wouldn’t be absolutely shit (if I could get into Thors), and every day life would have a quaint, rustic quality. People sometimes ask for this but they mean medieval settings where they would quickly die from illness. But the people in Zemuria are well fed, well housed, but still have a more traditional setting. Technology would still be there but less prevalent than our own world.

Ideally you would want to not go to a video game setting that is a dystopia (the worst possible option), or where you lack the skills to make a living, or where you would quickly suffer the consequences of going to a world without the benefits of modern food, technology and society.

Silly Germans

The Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander setting looks pretty good. You should be able to live a good life with the fabricator technology that is available, although the ongoing galactic war is a bit off putting.

Alex

Arcane
The world of Liberal Crime Squad. As long as you do literally nothing, the world becomes better and better; so it would be a good place to live in.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
?I hate the games, but obviously some kind of harem visual novel universe (the least dangerous and least painful possible). Only if I get to be the protagonist though.

All of the examples given are bad places to live, that's part of what makes them interesting to play.

Farewell into the night

Age of Decadence, Caves of Qud, Minecraft lol.

Vatnik Wumao
One of the cozier hubs within the Fallen London setting. The Victorian era strikes that perfect balance between decadence and civilization.

Either that or a paradise world in Wh40k, but then you'd risk ending up as dinner for Tyranids or what not - so pass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom