Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry 5

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
image.png

Ventidius

Arbiter
I started playing this recently and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Mechanics are definitely rock solid. I do agree that V is the weakest part of the game so far, but it's not really as bad as I expected, you just kinda go through the motions with him.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You can max score all V missions just spamming buttons. Lamest character ever.
Don't give a fuck about visual funzies, I care about things video games acknowledge mechanically, and V doesn't make you do anything particularly riveting to achieve success.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I hope they've got more planned than just making him able to counterswap into V. There's been a decent Vergil available mod for awhile now.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't want to sound greedy but I want playable Trish & Lady too.

muh one shotting Cavaliere Angelo

1jxqqy.jpg

Bahamut

Arcane
At least vergil will be a dlc, I thought they would try to sell full game again

sullynathan

Arcane
Sin DT is more powerful than regular DT and is Vergil's canon demon form now so no more regular DT. I see a few cutscenes here that isn't in the game now so I hope there is also even more story and game content. I do wonder how that "stab myself turn to V" thing will work, is that a Vergil move or a V move? and will we be playing V's section as Vergil too?

Dodo1610

Arcane
More DMC is always appreciated but DLC for a game that was released one and a half years ago is dumb.

A Special Edition isn't really surprising news. I'm sure we all assumed one was when it was announced the new consoles were coming the year after this same out. I am a little surprised there wasn't a little tease at the end for more playable characters. If this is anything like the DMC4SE we should be getting more characters though.

I hope they've got more planned than just making him able to counterswap into V. There's been a decent Vergil available mod for awhile now.

This Vergil has a Doppelgänger JoJo Stand looking move, which is different from the Vergil mod as far as I can tell. I'm also not sure if his V mode works the same way as normal V. Maybe that does, but it looked like it might be different.

Perkel

Arcane
lol apparently for PC only Vergil DLC will be released while game will not be updated to special edition.
No raytracing for PC. Probably because there are like 2% of players who have RTX considering steam numbers.

4k@30fps+raytracing
1080p@60fps+raytracing
1080p@120fps mode without raytracing

Perkel

Arcane
The more shocking is that game will have raytracing@4k@30fps. Considering PS5 has 10TF GPU i didn't expect to actually see any game using GI/reflections at 4k rather than 1080p@30fps with raytracing.

I don't know what AMD cooked up with raytracing but it seems to be incredibly performant.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Oh come the fuck on!!!
They make us wait nearly 2 fucking years and yet Vergil still can't get his on campgain!
Trish and Lady also don't get the campgain they've teased about!
Can't even gives bloody palace co-op or being able to play any mission with any character wich the mods for show how simple it would be for them to implement!
And worse of all, people have to buy the game all over again to get those new game modes!!!

tenor.gif

This is just fucking shameless Capcom!
A new low even for them!

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Oh yeah, I meant to post this a few weeks ago.

Yeah I also saw this some days ago but forget to post.
It's really impressive not just this also all the other stuff modders were able to change in a game with such limited modding capability.
Shit they even made to alter the mechanics to appease all the 4 autists

That's why I don't get it.
If implementing things like co-op, the "divergence" mode, turbo and even Vergil was so simple that even modders could do it for free, why the fuck didn't Capcom made this?
Then the SE could've been actual new content instead of basically paying to get these mods.

Lack of a VS mode could just be some weird philosophy thing with Capcom, because I've been wondering why the series hasn't had that since DMC3. I did see someone on Twitter wondering if they actually showed a co-op mode, but didn't say anything about it, since you can see Nero and Vergil running around together at one point...I guess a more fuller co-op since this does have it to a degree.

There is new stuff in the Special Edition. Vergil has stuff the mod version doesn't...unrelated to gameplay they've also made a story mode for him with new cutscenes. And there's new modes like Legendary Dark Knight mode. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't done showing stuff off either, especially with TGS being next week.

My guess is this stuff was originally planned as DLC, then got pushed back for a packaged release on next gen consoles (or that was always the plan given the release date of the new consoles) and will then be released as DLC for PC and Current gen consoles. That last part isn't a guess, because they've said that's what they're doing with Vergil already when it comes to PC and current consoles. But I'd guess that DLC that was being talking about last year because of data mining, like Ladies Night and One Hell of a Party, are part of this too.

The Vergil mod also seems to be a pretty straight forward mod that allows you to play him, but I'd guess this has mechanics unique to Vergil, like how DMC4SE Vergil has the Concentration Gauge.

I also wouldn't be surprised if playable Vergil has more than just the Yamato. If he does only have Yamato then I wonder if you'll be able to use it in different ways, so it's basically different weapons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom