Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Hopefully you can larp a snooty richfag.

deuxhero

Arcane
They kind of need it for a large scale story aswell. Rowling has confirmed multiple times than in a fight between a skilled magician and a hobo with a shotgun 9/10 times the hobo wins. A swat team is much stronger than Voldemort ever will be or has been ( Which is kind of retarded but I get why Rowling want's it to be that way)
Hogwarts needs democracy you say?

It makes the threat of Voldemort somewhat useless. Hogwarts is getting sieged? Come on Slytherin, we are making a field trip to Poland to buy some unlincensed Ak-47s. Lets see how those magical beasts fare against 7.62.

Wasn't the reason the Weeslys used that one particular ancient car some kind of magic vs. technology interaction? AK may be a bit new, but any internal combustion engine being able to resist it would say a percussion cap revolver should be able to.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ok, but do we get to have sex with Hermione? Yes/No?

Also, why does the music sound incredibly like the soundtrack of Marvel's Avengers (from 2:11 to 2:22):

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also, why does the music sound incredibly like the soundtrack of Marvel's Avengers (from 2:11 to 2:22)
because both this trailer music and MCU music are generic garbage?
You aren't answering my questions in priority order. Just let me know if we are going to get sex scenes with Hermione. That's the only selling point of the game.

just

Liturgist
Also, why does the music sound incredibly like the soundtrack of Marvel's Avengers (from 2:11 to 2:22)
because both this trailer music and MCU music are generic garbage?
You aren't answering my questions in priority order. Just let me know if we are going to get sex scenes with Hermione. That's the only selling point of the game.
sadly no. but there are others you cannot have sex with.

ChildInTime

Learned
I imagine this quality content from 4ch isn't that far off from the truth actually.

>*summons for magic broom*
>*autoflies to quest marker*
>*wizard vision activates*
>"Mhmm...victim's face frozen in fear... a Dementor™, gotta be"
>*follows magically enchanted nose*
>"Come on Roachbolt 6000"
>*autoflies to the next quest marker*
>*Slytherins in Dementor™ costumes appear*
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' GRYFFINDOR IT IS! GET "EM"
>"What now you mudblood" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire with Incendio and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic Flippendo and knocks guy off of a cliff*
>"Mhmm... Slytherins™ pretending to be Dementors™... better tell Dumbledore about this"
>*autoflies back to Hogwarts*
>"DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THOSE DEMENTOR ATTACKS?"
>"Just some buggered Slytherins posing as Dementors™, here's proof" *shows wands*
>"WELL DONE, WELL DONE INDEED. HOWEVER...."
>"Demented!" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 house points received

Max Heap

Arcane
Can't wait to accompany Hermione's african-american ancestors down into Hogwart's catacombs and visit the bottomless pit where JK Rowling disposes of all her former transgender fans!

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Lol at the guns in HP universe posts, we could really use a dedicated autism board.
The game takes place in the 1800s but half of the students are black.
That's a very decent ratio for a big publisher game announced in 2020.

Depending on the exact year, there's also a very large possibility it takes place after Britain emancipated their slaves, so having them attend school alongside whites wouldn't be that much of a problem. If the game took place in the US, it would be a different matter entirely. You need to remember that the sheer scale of racism found in America was alien to Europeans.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I imagine this quality content from 4ch isn't that far off from the truth actually.

>*summons for magic broom*
>*autoflies to quest marker*
>*wizard vision activates*
>"Mhmm...victim's face frozen in fear... a Dementor™, gotta be"
>*follows magically enchanted nose*
>"Come on Roachbolt 6000"
>*autoflies to the next quest marker*
>*Slytherins in Dementor™ costumes appear*
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' GRYFFINDOR IT IS! GET "EM"
>"What now you mudblood" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire with Incendio and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic Flippendo and knocks guy off of a cliff*
>"Mhmm... Slytherins™ pretending to be Dementors™... better tell Dumbledore about this"
>*autoflies back to Hogwarts*
>"DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THOSE DEMENTOR ATTACKS?"
>"Just some buggered Slytherins posing as Dementors™, here's proof" *shows wands*
>"WELL DONE, WELL DONE INDEED. HOWEVER...."
>"Demented!" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 house points received

If the developers have half a brain, half the game will revolve around using magic to get to places, thus creating a natural way of gating content.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to make a Harry Potter IP RPG with what looks like real effort. There are few assured money-makers out there, and this is one of them.

If it's late 1800-s, Martini Henry is better than any gay magic.

Big V's plan for world domination was an army of like 20 people. I think the HP universe doesn't really have real-world practicalities such as standing armies, firearms that are actually used, or people with thinking organs in their skulls.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I'm honestly surprised it took them this long to make a Harry Potter IP RPG with what looks like real effort. There are few assured money-makers out there, and this is one of them.

Big V's plan for world domination was an army of like 20 people. I think the HP universe doesn't really have real-world practicalities such as standing armies, firearms that are actually used, or people with thinking organs in their skulls.

Or rules of magic that make sense. Casting a spell is literally "move the wand in the proper way + chant the spell correctly". Literally any retard can cast the Killing Curse. No specific levels of magical powers required.

As long as the mechanics of magic within the universe were that of a fable (the first two, maybe three, novels) this wasn't a problem. But then they started introducing time travel, and generally turning the franchise more into "generic fantasy"...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Or rules of magic that make sense. Casting a spell is literally "move the wand in the proper way + chant the spell correctly". Literally any retard can cast the Killing Curse. No specific levels of magical powers required.

As long as the mechanics of magic within the universe were that of a fable (the first two, maybe three, novels) this wasn't a problem. But then they started introducing time travel, and generally turning the franchise more into "generic fantasy"...

Of course, the best counter argument is that we're attempting to inject consistency and believability into a power fantasy kid's series.

Which isn't a great argument cause potterverse makes no goddamn sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom