Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Godking: Master of Rituals - Conquest Of Elysium With Hexes and Modern Graphics

Anyone Try it?

ss_00bf35b0ffbc643493810d4c3e5bfda032ef3160.1920x1080.jpg

ss_f95db3e3b0762cbfeae1b1ff9ccf13409791f6ba.1920x1080.jpg

Anyone Try It?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone Try It?
Oddly enough yes. I bought about three games this year and by some impulse this was one of them. It's was mildly entertaining for a little while and then I uninstalled. Steam says I played for 13 hours so I probably actually played about 8 hours. You recruit heroes, you recruit units to the heroes' armies, you capture nodes on the map, and ultimately eliminate the AI players. The combat is hands offs.

I'd like to be able to say more about the game, but there's very little too say about the game. If you're in the market for a lightweight fantasy 4x than this is indeed a lightweight fantasy 4x.

Anyone Try It?
Oddly enough yes. I bought about three games this year and by some impulse this was one of them. It's was mildly entertaining for a little while and then I uninstalled. Steam says I played for 13 hours so I probably actually played about 8 hours. You recruit heroes, you recruit units to the heroes' armies, you capture nodes on the map, and ultimately eliminate the AI players. The combat is hands offs.

I'd like to be able to say more about the game, but there's very little too say about the game. If you're in the market for a lightweight fantasy 4x than this is indeed a lightweight fantasy 4x.
you played early access version? I guess there probably is not much difference really in full release, it does sound like conquest of Elysium though, which I think the fun is supposed to be more in the army design and meta gaming, but I have never played it, some people seem to really like it. Thanks for the input.

you played early access version? I guess there probably is not much difference really in full release, it does sound like conquest of Elysium though, which I think the fun is supposed to be more in the army design and meta gaming, but I have never played it, some people seem to really like it.
I played EA, but EA was more a beta version than alpha so the game design remains unchanged. I never played Conquest of Elysium either, but the meta in this feels simpler than Illwinter's Dominions.

What the experience of playing this game reminded me of more than anything else was the first Warlock: Master of the Arcane. Warlock 1 was fun for a little while, but lacking a layer of depth or AI challenge to hold my interest. Warlock 2 solved that for me with the added emphasis on PvE survival and the shard exploration. Godking badly needs an extra layer of ... something.

See all the nodes in the screenshot below? There must be two dozen of them to capture and that's only 10-15% of the map. They're fairly pointless as all you're required to do is capture the enemy capital(s). The game is in essence: wander around the map a bit engaging in automated combat, loot and resource gathering until you've a force powerful enough to take the enemy capital and then beeline there. It's ok, but Warhammer: Gladius did the lightweight, combat-focused 4x thing so much better.
ss_700de056b1cd31f51274c532d775dc3f4d47da61.1920x1080.jpg

you played early access version? I guess there probably is not much difference really in full release, it does sound like conquest of Elysium though, which I think the fun is supposed to be more in the army design and meta gaming, but I have never played it, some people seem to really like it.
I played EA, but EA was more a beta version than alpha so the game design remains unchanged. I never played Conquest of Elysium either, but the meta in this feels simpler than Illwinter's Dominions.

What the experience of playing this game reminded me of more than anything else was the first Warlock: Master of the Arcane. Warlock 1 was fun for a little while, but lacking a layer of depth or AI challenge to hold my interest. Warlock 2 solved that for me with the added emphasis on PvE survival and the shard exploration. Godking badly needs an extra layer of ... something.

See all the nodes in the screenshot below? There must be two dozen of them to capture and that's only 10-15% of the map. They're fairly pointless as all you're required to do is capture the enemy capital(s). The game is in essence: wander around the map a bit engaging in automated combat, loot and resource gathering until you've a force powerful enough to take the enemy capital and then beeline there. It's ok, but Warhammer: Gladius did the lightweight, combat-focused 4x thing so much better.
ss_700de056b1cd31f51274c532d775dc3f4d47da61.1920x1080.jpg
yes I played Gladius and enjoyed it. I guess I was hoping from looking at the screenshots of this game that it might be similar but with even more detailed combat, army composition, battle and troop mechanics, but I guess not. It looks very detailed and with a separate battle map, where as Gladius just takes place right on the same Hex map you do exploration on. But oh, well. Thanks for the input.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom