Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I highly doubt it.

Why? It needs to run on an Xbox One S, it needs to play on a wide variety of PCs and not just the brand new cards coming out right this second. I don't see any reason it wouldn't run just fine on a 1080 as long as you don't expect ultra settings.

Naraya

Arcane
I highly doubt it.

Why? It needs to run on an Xbox One S, it needs to play on a wide variety of PCs and not just the brand new cards coming out right this second. I don't see any reason it wouldn't run just fine on a 1080 as long as you don't expect ultra settings.

Sure, I admit I'm not following it closely. My opinion is just based on the fact that apparently even 3080 cards that are >50% more powerful that Turings can't keep a constant 60@4k in the current AAA games. Do ultra settings make such a big difference?

rceivZD.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Sure, I admit I'm not following it closely. My opinion is just based on the fact that apparently even 3080 cards that are >50% more powerful that Turings can't keep a constant 60@4k in the current AAA games. Do ultra settings make such a big difference?

I specifically said not at 4k, so I don't know why you keep bringing up 4k. Again, 4k is 2% of the market on PC according to Steam survey. No one holding on to a 1080 or buying a 2060 is using it for running brand new AAA games at 4k.

Naraya

Arcane
[I specifically said not at 4k, so I don't know why you keep bringing up 4k.
Well, that'd be because I thought that by saying:

not necessarily at max settings 4k60

you meant "not specifically at max settings, but at 4k60". My bad then.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Well, that'd be because I thought that by saying:

not necessarily at max settings 4k60

you meant "not specifically at max settings, but at 4k60". My bad then.

Fair enough, maybe I wrote it weird. 4k60 is a massive ask. Even the XBSX and PS5 won't be doing it on AAA stuff, at least not after the crossgen period is over, and probably not even on crossgen games at PC max settings. If the 3080 can't, the XBSX can't.

Anyway, main point is the 1000 and 2000 series cards will probably run it just fine at reasonable settings. I don't think it will be a Crysis, because of the current market and the Xbox One S version. I might rush and get a 3070 because I'm an asshole, but I'm sure my 2070 can run it just fine at the right settings.

Prime Junta

Get real people. It's a mass-market game. If it doesn't run perfectly acceptably and look perfectly decent on a 1060 they're fucked. I should hope there's RTX and other eye candy for the bleeding-edge but there's no way a 3000 series is a requirement, official or practical.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Cyberpunk 2077 is a current-gen game! It won't become even a next-gen title until they release the next-gen update next year so your high-end graphics cards should have no problems unless CDP fucks up the optimization.

User was nabbed fit

1080p/60 FPS is all I need.

This whole 4k/raytracing/300 FPS shit just seems like pure vanity and borderline fetishism.

I agree, I don't care much for 4k (144hz, 1440p is where it's at, IMO -- as you already can't get 144 FPS at 4k on some games, even with Nvidia's newest cards), but the raytracing in this game actually looks decent. It's one of the reasons I picked up a RTX 3080, so I could run this with all the extras at >100 FPS. That being said, it's definitely going to be perfectly playable on previous gen cards too, just with some fewer bells and whistles.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I guess we'll know more tomorrow. Almost a given they will talk about tech requirements.
Definitely, especially to put all the people who missed out on the 3080 -- and those who will surely miss out on the 3070 and 3090 -- at ease.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I wonder if they consulted any woman that was actually hot to be an NPC in their game.

And before some fucker comes in with his simping "oh she's cute" shit, I don't care if she's cute. We have cutting-edge technology with GPUs bigger than my bedroom, I don't want to see a mere cute girl under all this advancement I want a goddamn HOT girl. I want to be able to BANG prime Jessica Alba tier hookers.

If you're basing your game so much on SEXXX then give the boys here some eye candy, some eye dessert, not these little pathetic gummy-worms that ain't ever satisfying a grown man's sexual appetite. I want Cyberpunk 2077 to stop being little bitches and stop giving me these B-cup, pink haired cocksuckas on Twitch and let me rail the fuck out of proper Cindy Crawford tier models. I'm talking Jennifer Lopez, Maid in Manhattan style shit. "Oh you're the cleaning lady? Well clean my COCK." That's what's up.

Häyhä

Arbiter

She has neon-colored cyberarms, but she's completely flat and her nose is kinda wonky. Am I supposed to extend my suspension of disbelief to think that she could afford cyberarms but NOT a face-sculpt and boob-job!?

Where the fuck is my Alt Cunningham?

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

She has neon-colored cyberarms, but she's completely flat and her nose is kinda wonky. Am I supposed to extend my suspension of disbelief to think that she could afford cyberarms but NOT a face-sculpt and boob-job!?

The arms were part of a diversity and inclusion program at the cybernetics lab. They offered boob jobs, but this chick wanted arms because augmenting her appearance for the "benefit of the male gaze" was "sexist."

Semiurge

Cipher
1080p/60 FPS is all I need.

This whole 4k/raytracing/300 FPS shit just seems like pure vanity and borderline fetishism.

I agree, it's not worth starving yourself over CyberPunk. Spend the money on food and necessities instead - no, crack is not a necessity.

Is it unrealistic for some to prefer functionality over aesthetics?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom