Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's happening!

Alpha Stage 2 Has Launched!

Greetings, Pathfinders!
We are happy to announce that Stage 2 of the Alpha Test is live! A lot of changes and addition are coming with it, among them:

Tutorial and Act 3

New archetypes for all classes

New companions and their quests

Next iteration of the Crusade

Another exciting thing is tactical combat, which is coming to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Alpha Test in 2 to 3 weeks after the launch of Stage 2.

1. How To Participate

If you haven’t participated in the first Alpha Test, you can get your alpha key on the backer portal in the Digital Downloads section.

If you have the previous version installed - it should automatically update. If you have issues getting your copy, launching the game or updating it - please contact us via team@owlcatgames.com
2. Where To Discuss

All the details about the current Alpha Test you can find on our forum in a separate . There is also a guide on how to report bugs or other problems that you have faced during your playtime.

To get familiar with some of the known issues and workarounds you can read this thread.

New channels for the Alpha Test on our Discord server are now open - join the discussion! Our admins and moderators can help you and answer game-related questions.

3. How To Report Bugs And Issues.

Most bugs (stutters, typos, ability issues, etc.) can be reported by clicking Alt+B and filling the form with all the details about the bug . If you hover over an object, item, or npc the reported will be automatically assigned to the responsible developer, which will help us immensely.

If you have encountered freezes or crashes while playing the game, please, send a letter to team@owlcatgames.com with a description of the problem. In order to find what is causing the issue and fix it, we will need several files: logs, save file and .dmp files. We strongly ask you to send us .dmp files.
To enable logging and find the required files, please, follow the steps you’ll find lower on this page.

If possible, please, provide additional information, such as:

DxDiag or other OS-specific logs, the antivirus suite you’re using, any findings gained via the Windows Event Viewer. Anything out of the ordinary happening in your applications and system might be of interest.

Logs Locations

C:\Users\ …\AppData\ LocalLow \Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous

and

C:\Users\ … \AppData\ Local \Temp\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Crashes(edited)

.dmp files location

C:\Users\ … \AppData\ Local \Temp\Owlcat Games\Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous\Crashes

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/2957730

Alpha: Stage 2

The fall is here and we are ready to start the second phase of the Alpha Test with some awesome additions! We have worked hard to prepare for it and bring even more of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous to you. We are really excited to share more content of our upcoming game and discuss it with our community.

Building the Wrath.
With the new Stage of the Alpha version, we are adding more content - including prologue and Act 3. Some of the main additions are:

We have added a tutorial and prologue. For Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous we have a goal to help new players learn the basics of the Pathfinder system and assist in building a well-rounded character - it is especially important against such immune-heavy enemies as demons. Currently, we are working on the context tutorial which will help new and veterans players alike - advising them depending on their skill and level.

While not all systems are implemented in the alpha, part of them will be in the new version.

fe52e269bd3584e150e277cf7ae5cf3f_original.png

Act 3 will also be playable in the new Stage. More adventures await in the Worldwound - with a lot of places to explore and quests to finish. Nearly all of the Mythic Paths will get their story expanded into Act 3. Excluding Demon, which will have to wait a bit more - his quests aren’t finished

And with new chapters come new companions! One of them is Wenduag - a mongrel huntress, a merciless and vicious warrior whose cruelty will intimidate even the demons of the Abyss.

You can now get a valuable asset in the form of Greybor - a cold-blooded assassin, a dwarf who exterminates demons not by duty's call but solely in the name of profit.

With the third companion being Arueshalae. A heretic amongst demons — a succubus who has betrayed the Abyss, seeking to abandon her evil ways and turn to good.

cdb8332baa7f0eae592327d719ac5d37_original.jpg

Arueshalae - heretic amongst demons

Alpha testers will also be able to learn more about companions with their new quests. Currently, there is a continuation of the stories for every companion (and it will answer the most popular question and guessing game “Where is Woljif?”) and a new one – for Wenduag.

Crusade will also be expanded and get some new features. With the new Stage, generals are arriving – in Act 2 there will be an option to recruit and, later, upgrade one. Another mechanic that will be added to the Crusade is ritual casting.

There also will be quests for Crusader in Act 2 and 3, and in Act 3 players will be presented with construction options and projects.

This will be only the first iteration of them and we want to ask you to provide as much feedback as possible about this part of the gameplay. Crusade is still in works and can be improved based on the thoughts and suggestions you provide.

We are also working on tactical combat right now - one of our current goals is to improve its depth. It will be added to the game in 2 or 3 weeks after the launch of Alpha Stage 2.

Gathering the Righteous (and their feedback).
As in the previous test, we will have two main places for discussions of the alpha – our discord server and our forum. Join us there and participate in all kinds of discussions related to our games!

The feedback will be gathered in the same old way: polls and gathering information from our tester’s discussions. Stage 2 of the alpha test can be discussed on the forum in the special sub-section or in discord in special channels.

If you don’t have access to the alpha sub-section of the forum or alpha channels on discord - you can contact us via email team@owlcatgames.com or in discord (Community Managers group in the user tab).

Few UI improvements.
0fb9fd24be6cde9f43475985924137aa_original.png

A sneak-pic of the inventory

Another “glimpse” into the future is parts of the UI in Stage 2. Currently, only inventory and dialogue windows changes are implemented.

And, as some may know, our UI is always related to what happens in the game in some way. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is no exception. But how it is related to the plot you will learn later…

Talking about improvements: we have increased the size of the character model in the inventory. The quality of models was improved - now you will be able to see more details on your character. There are also two new slots for the equipment - goggles and shirt. Otherwise, it will be the same old UI.

Another thing our UI team is currently working on is improving the “Attack” block. It can have some issues on higher levels when using two-handed weapons.

We are really interested in feedback on the UI changes and will keep an eye on it to see your thoughts on it.

Afterword
There are still a lot of things to add, finish, and polish. But with each passing day, more tasks get completed by the team. Even more, tasks will be finished by the release! And the assistance of our alpha and beta testers will allow us to improve the quality of the game. With their help, we gathered a lot of feedback and ideas, which we discussed for two days, after which more than 100 tasks were created to improve Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous (we talk about it in the update Per Aspera ad Alpha). Some of those tasks are already finished and made it into the new version of alpha.

cdb8332baa7f0eae592327d719ac5d37_original.jpg

You like, Codex?

Dodo1610

Arcane
She looks cuter than in the original artwork
Arueshalae.jpg

Also, 4Can was right and Wenduag is the 11 th companion
not ingame art
Wenduag.png

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Now I regret uninstalling the old Alpha because I thought Alpha 2 is separate download.

30 GB download here I go

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hmm, I don't see an update/download for alpha 2, with it already installed on my system.

Readher

Savant
I wonder if Owlcats will go the extra mile and actually make different skeletons for different races and male/female models.
Pretty sure they mentioned somewhere that you'll be able to pick how you look as a Lich (probably from a few options).

Lacrymas

Arcane
So, Arueshalae is a Fall-From-Grace wannabe oooor? Her name is a nightmare to spell lol. I also don't know how possible her ...condition is without the neutralizing effect of the City of Doors like with Fall-From-Grace. I always thought that that's why it's possible for FFG to override the metaphysical aspects of the setting.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Alpha download is on. It is 14.5 GB download based on infro from Discord and game version should be 0.4 (0.3d was the last alpha).

Edit: my from scratch download is 16.8 GB

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
Wow, this version of Arueshalae is cute as hell.

So, Arueshalae is a Fall-From-Grace wannabe oooor? Her name is a nightmare to spell lol. I also don't think how possible her ...condition is without the neutralizing effect of the City of Doors like with Fall-From-Grace. I always thought that that's why it's possible for FFG to override the metaphysical aspects of the setting.

Her demonic nature was overriden by the goddess Desna, that's why she can feel love, remorse and all the other terrible feelings of mortals.

Dodo1610

Arcane
From Nikki one of the writers, on the Discord
Wenduag and Lann are more or less mutually exclusive, so they count as one. There is definitively one more int based companion

So you can choose between the good Zen archer Mongrelman Lann and the evil Warrior Mongrelman Wenduag. Sounds like a good incentive for replays to me.

And final companion was also revealed is Nenio a female Human scrollmaster wizard
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/co...hetypes/paizo-wizard-archetypes/scrollmaster/

So Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will launch with at least 12 companions.

Female:
Arueshalae: Sucubus Ranger
Seelah: human Paladin
Ember: Elf Witch
Wenduag: Mangreman Warrior
Nenio: Human scrollmaster wizard
Camellia: Half-Elf Shaman

Male:
Regill: Gnome Armiger
Lann: Mongrelman Zen archer
Greybor: Dwarf Assassin
Woljif Jefto: Tiefling Eldritch Scoundrel
Daeran: Aasimar Oracle
Sosiel: human cleric

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Gameplay wise Hunter is probably more useful than Zen Archer right? Hunter supposedly is the pet class with a lot of enhancement for the pet. But is is not a full BAB class so it might be weaker as direct competition to Ranger/Zen Archer.

Lacrymas The scrollmaster could work for and eldritch knight, but it's still kind of a dumb concept. You're going to burn through a lot of high level scrolls to make it worth a damn. Why would a wealthy, high level wizard use their scrolls to wade into melee with consumable shield and sword?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Yeah its kinda awkward concept. Like why would I play around with Scrolls like that if there are completely functional magic weapon? If I am using the Wizard as a backline caster then the archtyepe is useless, if I am using the Wizard as semi frontline then why would I burn scrolls instead of fully commit to the build with feats and all to use appropriate magical weapons?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Lacrymas The scrollmaster could work for and eldritch knight, but it's still kind of a dumb concept. You're going to burn through a lot of high level scrolls to make it worth a damn. Why would a wealthy, high level wizard use their scrolls to wade into melee with consumable shield and sword?

Main benefit is 10th lvl ability which is a spicy one. But having a nice shield with no casting penalty doesn’t suck.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah its kinda awkward concept. Like why would I play around with Scrolls like that if there are completely functional magic weapon? If I am using the Wizard as a backline caster then the archtyepe is useless, if I am using the Wizard as semi frontline then why would I burn scrolls instead of fully commit to the build with feats and all to use appropriate magical weapons?

10th lvl ability would have been very good in P:K where many of the scrolls were useless due to low caster lvl/DC. Shield is dece vs ranged attax.

Desiderius

Patron
Gameplay wise Hunter is probably more useful than Zen Archer right? Hunter supposedly is the pet class with a lot of enhancement for the pet. But is is not a full BAB class so it might be weaker as direct competition to Ranger/Zen Archer.

Doing different things.

Hunter needs to work hard to differentiate itself from Sacred Huntmaster.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Note; Wenduag or whatever her name is a Level 1 Fighter, not Hunter class.

So yeah, besides plot reason there is really no mechanical reason to pick her over Lan unless you are going evil route where Lan presuambly might not join you later in the game.

Main benefit is 10th lvl ability which is a spicy one. But having a nice shield with no casting penalty doesn’t suck.

Which is only very slightly better than what the Scroll Savant archetype already offers. The only difference is you get to add feat DC bonuses too. The shield bonus is paltry. You'd have to burn a Level 5 scroll to equal the Level 1 spell Shield. It would also only endure for 5 successful attack rolls against the wizard. Making a Ghost Touch Shield would be cool, but again, the charged use of it negates any real value. If you're super wealthy, Burning a 9th Level scroll to get +8 shield bonus along with 50% attack damage reduction (ghostly property) for 9 attacks seems pretty good--but are we really going to be swimming in high level scrolls? I'd rather have the UMD bonus from the Scroll Savant for casting divine spells.

Desiderius

Patron
Am I going to be swimming in high level scrolls?

Of course. What else am I doing with them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom