Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Leveled codex guild again. Can anyone explain - why i'm even keeping some useless fags in MY guild?

Helton

Arcane
Apparently Crystal Cove is running this weekend. Anything really good, must-have from that? Trying to decide if I should disrupt my leveling for it.

Lhynn

Arcane
Pretty much all gear became irrelevant with ravenloft and sharn. There are a few exceptions, but i havent seen any of crystal cove crap in high end builds. Or even recommended for stuff at level, its pretty meh stuff.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Pretty much all gear became irrelevant with ravenloft and sharn. There are a few exceptions, but i havent seen any of crystal cove crap in high end builds. Or even recommended for stuff at level, its pretty meh stuff.

Was looking through the gear and the Treasure Hunter's Spyglass is amazing. Gives a special bonus to Disable Device, Search, Listen and Spot as well as a bonus to intelligence. Perfect trinket for a rogue to switch to when looking for or disabling traps. Going to farm the crap out of this while I can.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My inventory is a fucking mess so i don't care. I need to wrap my epic levels fast and reincarnate to get enough points for shared bank while it's on sale.

Codex Year of the Donut
gearing up a caster feels like a massive catch-22, once you hit legendary content you can't land shit without legendary content gear because your DCs are way too low

Helton

Arcane
I'm about to hit level 16 on my Warlock, which is going to be the build I run for a long time while I run racial past lives. All I can say is: Damn! I just ran HE Gianthold in a couple hours (sans madstone and crucible) and enemies literally melt. I rarely have to stop running. Survivability could use a little improvement, most traps nearly kill me and if I react poorly a second blast will finish me off. But still, SOOO much slicker and more powerful than the melee builds I ran for my first 3 lives.

Some highlights:

1. Eldritch Burst is affected by meta magic, so I cast it almost instantly with a huge boost to spell power. It kills most mob packs instantly.
2. Consume (dd and dps) and Stricken (dd) do enough damage that the 1-2 punch kills most mini-boses instantly. Also good for cleaning up stragglers that were out of shape from the burst. Also, they give a run speed buff when you cast them. Also affected by meta magic.
3. Evard's Black Tentacles big radius cc and dd.
4. Staunch for ~200 temp hp leading into a boss fight or if I know tough traps are coming.
5. Shadow Walk and Dimension Door make quests very easy to navigate even if I make mistakes or there is a lot of back tracking. Also moving across adventure zones quickly.

All in all an absolute joy to play and there is still a lot of gearing improvements I mean to make. I have the Beacon of Magic set from Ravenloft (looted nobles regalia and burnscar sash each within an hour of eachother on my last pass before chest ransack!) but I want a few Adherent of Mists items yet (softsole slippers for ghostly in particular), and plan to fill in the rest with cannith crafting for even more spell power and lots of defensive boosts.

Doubt anyone cares, but I'm just having a blast.

Codex Year of the Donut
The +250 crafting storage upgrade(on sale) is pretty good btw. Anything that can be put in a bag can be put in the 'crafting' storage, including augments and filigrees.

Codex Year of the Donut
1stQVxu.png

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I'm breaking up Crystal Cove Farming with some regular questing. Cause otherwise my brain starts turning to mush after farming for too long.

By the way Reinhardt you said that your country was blocked by DDO from accepting payments right? I joked earlier about you being from Germany due to your username. If it's not too personal what country are you from? I'm from Canada so I haven't had problems with them accepting my payments.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
What, Canadians?

Ukrainian Canadians. Even once met had a coworker in his late 40's early 50's who was actually an immigrant from the Ukraine. Recommended me the Black Book of Communism, which as someone who has grown up in the progressive nightmare that is Canada I appreciated.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Woo hoo. Got the treasure hunter spyglasses I wanted. And the bonuses are better the what is listed on the wiki. They must have upgraded it this update or something.
HitWJLx.jpg

Anyway I wish they made this event more like the Night Revels, with private instants so you can kill mobs without having to worry about a higher level player coming in and spawning mobs that can kill you easily. Having private instants would also mean they could lower the treasure map piece requirement for Crystal Cove since they wouldn't have to assume player's get free runs of it from other players opening it.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Btw is there any use for ingame money in this game?

The regular auction house, not the astral shard one. Apparently you have to spend tons of platinum to get something called Reaper wings when you earn them. But I don't care about cosmetic stuff like that unless it shows T&A like in a korean MMO or something. Basically cosmetics are worthless to me in western games.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's time to reincarnate and i have no idea what to do with my gold...

Why there is even limit on dead currency?

Reinhardt

Arcane
I think if you buy anything the cap goes away.
Yes, but there is one small problem - they don't want to accept my steam money and i don't want to use anything else for this throwaway steam account.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom