Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Maddest Modder of All Time?

HansDampf

Arcane
Tessera's "True Patch" adds extra idle animations to the Voerman sisters, and is therefore not a "True" patch. It also doesn't like the GOG version of the game, and leaves a lot of micro-issues (not "technically" bugs, like some music not playing properly) unfixed.
Wesp's "Basic Patch" has who-knows-how-many leftover changes from the Plus Patch because that's what it was created from, including the famous "Nobody expects the Malkavian Inquisition" line.
Pick your poison.

Wesp's patch is pretty good though. And you can still download older versions of it.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
The 'Ultra' config in Xenus 2 is busted. Just run on 'High'

Interesting info! Do you know why? Maybe there is a way to fix it if I ever find the time to update the patch again.

no idea; i just assume it's like this due to the fact that it's 32-bit only, so tweaking certain variables that are used for the very high preset might work

if you want to find the config file, go to run, type in %PUBLIC%, then navigate to Public Documents\White Gold\INI\; this might differ if you're not using Windows 10

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Speaking of hugboxes and hateboxes at TTLG, I remember our own Unkillable Cat discovering the hard way that honesty isn't the best policy in writing reviews and he got chased off, I think, by the TTLG love mob or something like that. I do notice the occasional Thief FM author coming over here and venting their frustrations in the codex Thief thread and turning into great balls of anger against their own community mod authors because they can't vent over there on their own forum. That's always kind of fun to see, these Seekers and Seethers of Truth.

For the record I wasn't chased off TTLG, I just didn't bother posting my opinions there again after trying to point out how the mod "King's Story" starts out as a clusterfuck and should be used as Exhibit A-L in The Do's and Don'ts of Game Design. I had already made myself quite comfortable here on the Codex when that shit went down.

The really funny moment was when a few of the TTLG modders came over here to yell at me because I quoted a post from a third forum here on the Codex about the harsh truth of being a modder. One of them got so mad that they released a Thief mod with a reference to that argument... so technically I have a mod named after me. :shitposting:

EDIT: Missing word.

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
hot fallout 5 pics

Maxson.jpg

caesar_25R.jpg

Tandi.jpg

robots_8K5.png

Mutant.jpg

these are all from Fallout: Tame the Wastes... a not-so-good total conversion for Civ IV from what i've gathered

A horse of course

hot fallout 5 pics

Maxson.jpg

caesar_25R.jpg

Tandi.jpg

robots_8K5.png

Mutant.jpg

these are all from Fallout: Tame the Wastes... a not-so-good total conversion for Civ IV from what i've gathered

Wow, I didn't know the Civ VI art team came from the modding community.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I've always found it funny how one modder will have the gall to declare their mod as the "true" vision of the game over another modder's work. You end up with "true" patches, "truer" patches, "truest" patches and so on, with each new link in the chain decrying the former as "tweaks" rather than fixes.

That said, modding is a very entitled field as far as end-users go. End users want free mods, they want to download them for free, use them for free, they want free support, they want the mod tweaking to their tastes and they are generally speaking (look at any big mod's downloads:comments/rating ratio) too lazy to bother returning to the mod's page afterwards to leave a comment/rating. It's very much a culture of free consumption. End users are only ever spurred quickly into action at the mere notion of paid mods being a thing, quickly extolling the virtues of existing donation systems (which they will naturally continue to ignore) so the gravy train can continue.

Modding is an unpaid, thankless task comparatively to regular dev work, but end users frequently adopt a "rant first, don't ask any questions later" approach. It's no surprise at all to me that some modders go off the deep end or that frequent drama sparks up.

Charging money for using somebodies else code is a great way to make sure the original creator sues you to oblivion.

There was a recent controversy with a Skyrim modlist compiler, I believe, that found a way to set up his pre-configured, pre-patched massive mod collection behind a paywall for all-in-one easy downloading and managed to make money off it. To his credit though, he did offer an apology when the primary mod author(s) of his modlist complaining bitterly about it, I think.
That's some fucked up shit. Stupid fucks whoever paid for shit like that. The best part of the paid mod fiasco was the fallout that Bethesda left for the modders that attempted to monetize their shit.

lightbane

Arcane
These are some good examples. I dunno about the maddest modder, but I would say that if the modder is a furry (especially a bronie), then you can expect him to be mad as a hatter (and deserve to be shot). If he's a tranny, his insanity will increase by a 41%.
A somewhat stable but still not sane modder could be Dioxine from the PirateZ mod, although he admits it. Then there's Solarius from Xcom Files, but that one is quite tame so far.

Team Gizka (KotorII restoration project) if teams count maybe, but the entire fanbase turned into a cult. I want to believe!

https://rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=6227

Just checked the Team Gizka forums in the hopes of finding butthurt. Check out how many of the threads are locked. I'd say I get more pleasure from seeing Team Gizka shamed than from knowing I'll get to play a complete TSL. Those fuckwits totally deserve this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081227015906/http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewforum.php?f=5

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Poll:
Will the project ever be finished?

----

Another one who's occasionally gone off the deep end is EnaiSiaion. In particular when Novajam reviewed one of his mods and he had a gigantic meltdown about it.

comment said:
But why are they all topless

comment said:
I actually asked the creator, and he said "they spent a bunch of time in Oblivion"

Still doesn't explain why they're topless though.

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
do you want over 4,000 ballistic plates in ARMA 3 to play dress up with? no? fuck you, idiot:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1809374823

this mod sounds cool in theory, but scrolling around in the virtual arsenal editor becomes a pain

the same dude also made this. do you want thousands of ammo loads to dick around with? no? go to hell:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1809369854

outside of gun mods for 7.62: High Caliber, this is the worse example of modder autism i know of

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!

Hatters gonna hat.

Anyway, I once (inadvertently) got the author of Yash to detonate and emit a mushroom cloud here on the 'dex.

christ you're a boring cunt draq. This is like your proudest moment on the dex with how often you reference it, and reading through it now it suuureee is a mushroom cloud: two pages of you guys calling a reddit fag a retard and him being all harumph how rude im leaving. Explosive stuff.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
pretty sure that one freak who modded hardcore bestiality AS A GAMEPLAY MECHANIC into Skyrim takes the fruitcake

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The guy who was working on the Civil War Overhaul mod for Skyrim had a complete meltdown in 2016 over Trump, took down his mod and on its page put:
All of my mods are hidden until November 9.

In a time where hatred screams loud from the dark recesses of the internet and my country, I will use my soapbox for something. For more information on what you can do to help, I suggest you visit Amnesty International.

#BlackLivesMatter
#LGBTRights.
#TransIsBeautiful
#RefugeesWelcome
#OccupyWallStreet
#YesAllWomen

and...

#ImWithHer

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Where would we be without insanity? huh?

Crazy is the ungraspable gift of whatever all the unseen beforce around us bestows on us.

Allowing yourself to go a little nutty is a great addition to your mindiet.

Most people on earth are ashamed of nibbling on their proverbial nuts and thus burry their nuts where they find their proverbial telepathic funghi.

DraQ

Arcane

Hatters gonna hat.

Anyway, I once (inadvertently) got the author of Yash to detonate and emit a mushroom cloud here on the 'dex.

christ you're a boring cunt draq. This is like your proudest moment on the dex with how often you reference it, and reading through it now it suuureee is a mushroom cloud: two pages of you guys calling a reddit fag a retard and him being all harumph how rude im leaving. Explosive stuff.
Lurk moar.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
The guy who was working on the Civil War Overhaul mod for Skyrim had a complete meltdown in 2016 over Trump, took down his mod and on its page put:
All of my mods are hidden until November 9.

In a time where hatred screams loud from the dark recesses of the internet and my country, I will use my soapbox for something. For more information on what you can do to help, I suggest you visit Amnesty International.

#BlackLivesMatter
#LGBTRights.
#TransIsBeautiful
#RefugeesWelcome
#OccupyWallStreet
#YesAllWomen

and...

#ImWithHer

I haven't checked in on this topic in months but damn this was funny as fuck. At first I thought it was a codex kid having some fun but the fact that it's real makes it sublimely hilarious.

Speaking of mods, I'm playing Bannerpage for M&B Warband but my mentioning it here is off-topic since I have no evidence whatsoever that the modder is mad, just talented. The Mount & Blade modding community has some fucking great modders it seems. Even the slightly cheesy Perisno has some great professional quality art. None of this stolen assets, stick-men fan art or crashfest crap here. Modders have finally arrived... or at least the better ones.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom