Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
People in Discord are saying Steam has just updated the private branch instead of the public one. Probably gonna few more hours wait before it appears on publick.
Yep, downloading now.

Shinros

Learned
My God they’re trying to cram more classes in here than CotW.
Indeed, working through the content as a fighter and going to prestige class into a Hellknight. Planning to test the Aeon again. To be truthful, I think I'm going to have trouble picking a main when the game releases considering the wealth of choices.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Both Wandering Marksman and Colluding Scoundrel for Hunter. Forester (petless Hunter) gets Terrain Mastery which gives you Favored Enemy Bonus vs everything on your Favored Terrain, which is kind of nuts. Also Urban and Divine Hunter.

Desiderius

Patron
Martyr Pal has Bard Songs. Five Pal archetypes (and Pals get mounts), five Cavalier archetypes too.

Desiderius

Patron
Five Barb Archetypes. Looks like they’re shooting for five each. Five Bards (Tranquil Whisperer), five Bloodragers, five Clerics (Devilbane and Angelfire), Five Inq, Five Kin, Five Magi, Five Monks, Five Oracles (Enlightened Philosopher), Five Rangers (Demonslayer), Five Rogues (Sylvan Trickster and Underground Chemist), Five Skalds, Six Warpriests.

You can now right click on prestige classes to see what they do.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Some classes are going to have 7 due to race specific archetype (like Dwarven Paladin got its own archetype for example).

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damn I was thinking to play Path of Exile but just saw the second alpha is on.
aABMkp9K_700w_0.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
Too bad some/most of these subclasses are terrible and pointless. That's an inevitable outcome of Pathfinder's class design philosophy, though.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My God they’re trying to cram more classes in here than CotW.
Indeed, working through the content as a fighter and going to prestige class into a Hellknight. Planning to test the Aeon again. To be truthful, I think I'm going to have trouble picking a main when the game releases considering the wealth of choices.
Paladin 20.

Too bad some/most of these subclasses are terrible and pointless. That's an inevitable outcome of Pathfinder's class design philosophy, though.
Once Owlcat is fed up with useful official content, they might start adding funny 3rd party stuff like the piper, who starves and dies if you stop him from singing or listening to music:

• Soul of Music: Music is part of a piper’s sustenance as surely as food, sleep and air. A piper must have music. Being prevented from performing or listening to music has the same effects as starvation.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Not a fan of paladins. Why not just take an extra cleric, give it some armor, and call it a paladin?
Because Pathfinder's Paladin has a lot of unique features that make for completely different playstyles from a mere Cleric.

Just three class features are enough to justify the addition of a Paladin to your group:
- he adds Charisma to all saving throws, making him incredibly resilient;
- Smite Evil completely wrecks encounters against evil bosses or a single strong enemy: it adds your Charisma to all attack rolls and your level to damage rolls, it adds your Charisma to your AC, and it lets you completely ignore damage reduction (all that for the entire encounter);
- Divine Bond allows you to play with any weapon you want (and in WotR will probably allow you to have some sort of animal companion).

On top of that, the class is full of more "minor" features, but these three are enough to make the character amazing.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Not a fan of paladins. Why not just take an extra cleric, give it some armor, and call it a paladin?
Because Pathfinder's Paladin has a lot of unique features that make for completely different playstyles from a mere Cleric.

Just three class features are enough to justify the addition of a Paladin to your group:
- Smite Evil completely wrecks encounters against evil bosses or a single strong enemy: it adds your Charisma to all attack rolls and your level to damage rolls, it adds your Charisma to your AC, and it lets you completely ignore damage reduction (all that for the entire encounter);
- Divine Bond allows you to play with any weapon you want (and in WotR will probably allow you to have some sort of animal companion).

On top of that, the class is full of more "minor" features, but these three are enough to make the character amazing.

Sure, but clerics are better and walk around talking about gods just the same.

CaesarCzech

Scholar

Sure, but clerics are better and walk around talking about gods just the same.

Your title is very accurate my lord.

Lacrymas

Arcane

"Mere" Cleric.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone here texted blood kineticist? Sounds so interesting in name...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom