Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization VI - Now available, so you can sink all your free time into it

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Basil the Bulgar Slayer? A bold choice, I didn't think Firaxis had it in them. I'd have bet on Theodora too, or maybe one of the lesser know Empresses before a guy like him.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I expected Theodora.

:negative:

(Alexios Komnenos would've also been cool — unless we're somehow getting Trebizond? — or Justinian. But maybe Justinian and Theodora are ruled out if they're leaning into the Greek side of the Byzantines, since Justinian was the last real "Roman"/Latinate Emperor of the East.)

Last edited:

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
More ancient nations (in the loosest sense of the word) the better tbh. Way more fun (and flavourful, even) to play as an abstract ancient people and take them through history than play as a modern nation state from prehistory or whatever.

Citizen

I hope there will be mods to give him this
51LnBffV6fL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Haven't been paying attention to Civ 6 at all, but when did they decide that the series was supposed to have all this fantasy shit? Like dude I thought this was supposed to be about history. Why are there literal spellcasters? Why can literally anyone just get heroes like King Arthur with superpowers? Even if you wanted heroes in the game shouldn't they be unique for each Civ so that King Arthur isn't the hero of India? Wasn't that the whole point of having specific leaders for each Civ rather than just letting you choose any leader with any Civ?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Best Civ was Civ II and the series ascended to transcendence with SMAC - anything beyond is decline by default.

No sane individual would read press kits pushing these sad sequels. Obviously, Infinitron is gonna re-post 'em all.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
WTF is happening, do they even have some sort of project/production director that oversees shit or is it just drug addicts, like the guy from video, running around and implementing whatever using "mobile game from 2012" production values?:lol:

passerby

Arcane
I can't imagine what kind of decline CIV 7 will be, once they finish milking the current one.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Haven't been paying attention to Civ 6 at all, but when did they decide that the series was supposed to have all this fantasy shit? Like dude I thought this was supposed to be about history. Why are there literal spellcasters? Why can literally anyone just get heroes like King Arthur with superpowers? Even if you wanted heroes in the game shouldn't they be unique for each Civ so that King Arthur isn't the hero of India? Wasn't that the whole point of having specific leaders for each Civ rather than just letting you choose any leader with any Civ?
I always envisioned the knight unit that butchered my tanks in civ 1 to be led by King Arthur wielding 40K anti tank lance anyway.
Heroes not being tied to a culture is dumb indeed, and a missed opportunity.
Regarding heroes super abilities, I suppose they need to make the other on par with the Chinese historical figures, because it is a known fact that Lu Bu has soloed entire armies with his spear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom