Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

BrotherJayne

Novice
So anyone got a good link for the Virgil Debug Menu mod?

Corvell Macbeth
When I try to install Arcanum ME v1.6.0.0 after configuring the settings and clicking on install, the program crashes.
I tried run as administrator, running in locale emulator, running with compatibility mode of win xp sp3 etc. nothing seems to help. THe installer crashes jsut after starting the install.

Some help please?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Ok so what's the big difference between Multiverse Edition and Drog's UAP 2.0.2? Which is preferable?

Also, what mod used to allow leveling up NPCs manually?

pidstuff

Educated
Also, what mod used to allow leveling up NPCs manually?
Drog's latest patch allowed players to manually assign points on their companions, but you have to disable the auto-level scheme. This feature made the game very easy as it allowed the player to specialize Magnus, for example, and made him craft higher Smithy gear. I have no complaints about it, though as it's not forced on the player.

I don't know the difference between ME and UAP, but I think ME incorporated some fixes from UAP.

Macbeth

Scholar
@Chaotic_Heretic,
If it is still actual, please wait for some short time. We're working on new installer. There should be no issues nor with AV alerts, nor with crashes...

Ok so what's the big difference between Multiverse Edition and Drog's UAP 2.0.2?
I'd say that there are no really BIG differences. At least for the English version. Mainly differences are in local cases, different approaches.
And check the first page for the list of changes.
In AME there are no new character races as in the last version of UAP (dark elves, ogres).

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Latest Drog's patch 2.0.2 introduces a bug.
If you press right + up on keyboard, it will result in this:
b0067821ba246b2efb069d0c5f564561.jpg

It doesn't happen in 100% cases, but trying for a minute is guaranteed to yield the result.

Can somebody tell Drog? I searched for his email, but never found it.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm gonna ask here as well: does anyone have a previous version of the UAP patch (2.0 or 2.0.1) that he could upload?
If its really the 2.02 patch that introduces the bug, it would be nice to have an older version available. Unfortunately drog seems to purge them from the internets once a new version is out (not to yourself: always backup all the stuff from drog).

Thanks in advance!

Kartikus

Barely Literate
Hi guys, I'm new here. I recently finished my first playthrough of Arcanum, using Multiverse Edition for it. I came across a small bug and was told to report it to the devs but I have no idea where to do that so I'll just write it down here.

Basically it seems like none of the same-sex romance options (Lilian Misk, Raven) are working in the latest patch as I played it with a female half-elf of 18 BE, 20 CH and persuasion master but didn't get any options with them. For Lilian I simply never got any options but for Raven she was flirty for the whole playthrough, just the final conversation didn't trigger at the Ring of Brodgar. I tried multiple solutions suggested by more informed players but nothing came of it so I was told to just report it to the modders.

deama

Prophet
I'm gonna ask here as well: does anyone have a previous version of the UAP patch (2.0 or 2.0.1) that he could upload?
If its really the 2.02 patch that introduces the bug, it would be nice to have an older version available. Unfortunately drog seems to purge them from the internets once a new version is out (not to yourself: always backup all the stuff from drog).

Thanks in advance!
I've got UAP091225, is that the one? I got it back in 31/01/2019, I think.

darion23

Barely Literate
Hello all,This game is one of my all time Fav,and still wanna replay and seeing there is a new mod,even more,
When i install Arcanum and then WIP6 patch-mod during gameplay,when i mouseover a certain item,eg. at start a Wine the game crashes.
I have tried the following:
Adding the -no3d -doublebuffer line to target location of the shortcut icon
removing/replacing the ddraw.dll
Playing with which compatibility/turning it on/off
Patching from 1074 to UAP2.0.2
Reinstalling a Dozen times while trying various mixes from all above,While Enabling Admin Mode for all types of installations..
And it Still crashes.
My system is windows 7 pro btw
So if you know a way,share plz

Red Hexapus

Learned
Just a question regarding Ring of Influence. Has it been completely removed from the Multiverse edition or can it be found somewhere else? Morat in Grant's Tavern in Tarant does not have it in his equipment and I couldn't find any info about it in the changelog.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Does this mod or Drog's one restore some of the cut hexed weapons? I remember looking in the game files and seeing a lot of weapons that I didn't find anywhere in the game; I'm particularly interested in hexed ones because they're fun

Metracryg

Novice
Hello, People!

I have prepared something for you :)

So, recently I've worked with Arcanum Multiverse Team to implement Supa-Dupa High Quality Videos into the game...
... and it works! :)
Also it should work for any other Arcanum compilation with resolution mod.

At first you should look at that video on my channel:

If you are satisfied with the quality, then go to my google-drive and dowload the folder with your preferred resolution.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zCgfQx3viY7OAx44jGBHkNOouW_WlR8Y?usp=sharing

1) Copy all folders from the downloaded folder into the root folder of the game, replacing old files.

2) Copy all folders from "ENG" folder, replacing four (4) videos to make it English (by default they are in Russian)

3) :argh:IMPORTANT:argh: Cimematics resolution MUST be equal or less, than your Arcanum resolution, otherwise you will get a crash!!!

4) Enjoy the game videos up to 3840x2160 :)

If you want to return to 800x600 cinetmatics - repeat the steps above with "800x600" folder. Cinematics in it are compatible with oroginal game, but still have the improved quality and framerate.

I have used neural networks and other software to "polish" these videos. Also you can check my channel - there are mostly upscaled and "polished" movies in Ukrainian (i'm ukrainian) and Russian, but also some others including game cinematics.

Also if there is a demand for other resolutions - I can encode and upload them to google-drive.

P.S.: I have 2K display, so I could't test it in 4K, but everything should be fine.
P.P.S.: If you like my work, you can visit patreon or order something personally (my prices are good) :)

Some screens:
Arcanum-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-RPG-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B4-6702312.jpeg

Arcanum-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-RPG-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B4-6702314.jpeg

Arcanum-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-RPG-%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B4-6702313.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom