Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS War Selection - A free to play Empire Earth clone with large multiplayer battles

Suicidal

Arcane
Discovered this game a few days ago thanks to a twitch stream and have been playing it. Saw no topics about it and though I'd share in case there are other people like me who are starved for RTS games around here.

It's pretty fun. Similar to Empire Earth in a way that you advance from stone age to modern-ish technology, except instead of picking your nation at the beginning of the game you pick what to "evolve" into every other time you upgrade into the next age. For example, you start in stone age, then you can pick whether to advance into European or Asian middle ages, then if you pick Europe you can go Eastern or Western Europe, and then you pick a specific nation.

What sets this apart from other RTS games is that it has really large multiplayer battles on huge maps with up to 30 players. It's also very easy to just hop into a game - you just queue for a match and the game throws you and a bunch of other players into a randomly generated map with no lobbies and other time wasting.

Currently it's in early access with a lot of missing features and content and a dogshit UI, which I hope they will improve. Apparently the devs plan to have 4 civilization types (European, Asian, African and Native American) and around 30 nations in the game at some point.

It's also free to play, which comes with its own problems - you need to either pay money or grind in-game points to unlock specific nations.

Anyway, I recommend the local RTS aficionados to give it a shot, I've been having fun with it. Maybe we'll see each other in a game or something. Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1022450/War_Selection/

deama

Prophet
I played it about several months ago, was decent, would be a lot more fun with friends I'd imagine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom