Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ChildInTime

Learned
Danikas Comrade Goby
https://www.bankier.pl/gielda/notowania/akcje/CDPROJEKT/komunikaty

just how many different talk show hosts are there? tv is going strong in 2077 when its dead to me for more than a decade in 2020 :P
Yeah, they seem to be so engrossed in envisioning the world of 2077 that they forget to look at the current one.
So what is the likely reason for them to be selling shares?

Takamori

Learned
They must be on all high with the Cyberpunk 2077 hype? Could be they are bailing after this project? Wanting to buy a mansion? Tons of variables.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Don't feel a need to watch more video of this, I know I'm playing it. PC specs are good to see, I knew it wasn't going to be some fucking monster when it's designed to run on an Xbox One S. Hopefully I can max it with ray tracing off, we'll see.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
image_cyberpunk_2077-42642-2618_0003.jpg

Imagine these guys start headbanging...

Silva

Arcane
Wow, a dozen gangs and only the Voodoo Boys are slighty interesting. What a waste. This game feels more generic by the day. Even Mankind Divided had more élan, and MD was already on the generic side.

P.S: imagine those gfx showing off the Halloweeners, the Ancients or Red Hot Nukes from Shadowrun.

:shredder:

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Wtf, why am I trying to buy 3080 right now, when the recommended is 1060?
Golden rule is buy it when you need it, brah. If you're running a GTX 1080 at 1080p you might wanna wait and see how it goes, can always just postpone playing for a week if you need the new hardware.

I'm well clear of the Recommended specs, only question is whether I'll be able to check any of those raytracing boxes.

A bit more info here:

https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...issue/1556/cyberpunk-2077-system-requirements

Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p.
The thing to remember is that "High" hasn't meant "everything on" for a long time now. Just for reference, here are the Deus Ex 4 Recommended specs from Steam:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K or AMD FX 8350 Wraith
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 480 - 1920 x 1080 or NVIDIA GTX 970 - 1920 x 1080
Storage: 55 GB available space

I can absolutely tell you that's selling it short...

NullFlow

Savant
Not surprised at the recommended specs being so modest given the game didn't astound me graphically. It looks fine overall and at moments impressive, but there are some flat or blurry textures at a close view and the animation work lacks finesse. This is ultimately a PS4/Xbone game so it was always a bit stifled. Will give my 970 a good end to its life probably.

Meanwhile the ads and TV spots in the NCW and Night City site aren't really piquing my interest. Way too flashy, in-your-face and tongue-in-cheek, like something from Saint's Row or the juvenile humour moments from GTA. Yeah Cyberpunk 2020 got silly, but this is borderline slapstick. The overall tone of the game gets more and more obnoxious every time I see more of it peeled away with its tryhard teenager cursing, the clichéd gangs with some unappealing designs and the aforementioned ads.

I really do hope it's a marketing thing to emphasize those parts because they struck a nice balance in the first gameplay demo with its dark moments like the organ and cyberware harvesters and the body horror Maelstrom gang to being upbeat punk without prodding your face about it.

Last edited:

Curratum

Yeah, all the advertising I've seen for the game swings between "super edgy" and "slapstick /goofy", there is nothing that really feels right.

Silverfish

Arbiter
For a bunch of tough guys who claim not to know or care about this person, y'all sure like to talk about her a lot.
thinking.png

I also struggle with the concept of topic specific discussion threads.

Tough guys? Boomers? Pfffft, nah, they are just weaklings who flushed their money on this weird woman, just so she would say their names on stream and she told them fuck off.
Ofc they decided to flood this thread with their whining, because Codex provides shelter for everyone, even rejects like these.

Hope she sees this, bro.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Updated the post with more rewards, lol. All that for a game that didn't release a single new trailer for Gamescom.
Catching up on the thread right now, and to my dismay I noticed you haven't updated the awards received by CP2077 with Codex GOTY 2020, which, if I am not mistaken, is what the voting result will be, according to what you administrative type guys have already decided.
But I digress.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Hope she sees this, bro.
Look I know it's hard - losing money, but it's your fault that you decided to donate hundreds of dollars to ex-IGN worker and expecting her to upheld even a simple promise (after years of lying in reviews, duh).
I know you regretting your financial decision (IGN owners probably regret their choice of business too). But, please, avoid to project your hopes for attention from woman that does not even acknowledge your existence on other denizens of fine Internet establishment such as RPG Codex.

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
Well I was in one of their private gatherings during their European tour to present the game to the fans. I will start with the shitty/funny things first:

- They were presenting the PC version using a gamepad and I can't comprehend why.
- The graphics are good but not as impressive as people think, it all comes down to the art and yeah there are some impressive locations.
- Idk if it was done on purpose but when they were creating the character we saw something about of 2-3 secs of the character skill screen. The tree wasn't impressive.
- Physics were impressive and hardware demanding, especially during gun play, glasses everywhere, debris flying all over the place, etc., so expect your GPU to die here if you want all that fancy shit.
- They were emphasizing mostly on the choice & consequence (yeap, quite important shit for a CRPG) but things that you plebs already know regarding on how you start the game.
- Most of the presentation was about executing a quest with numerous ways/styles. So they tried it by going full aggressive via gun play, hacking and also dialog.
- The city looks impressive and has lots of verticality but if it's like "here's an open world to explore like Witcher 3" it will suck big time because guess what, Witcher 3 was not an open world game.
- Best thing imo was the atmosphere, yes the city feels alive. Details like, even when you walk, how you push people to get ahead, people talking at alleys, music poppin' from cars/stores, that kind of stuff.
- Music was really nice.
- Finally the most important thing, play a female.

Beowulf

Arcane
[...] Details like, even when you walk, how you push people to get ahead[...]

In W3 NPCs didn't recognize player character so they would just bump into him and say something like "watch it". When you were moving through a crowd, it gave the impression that you were indeed pushing people to get ahead.
Is it different this time?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom