Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like most of them UI changes.
Game starts brutal, how refreshing. Got my ass handed to me a lot. Killed everything in first dungeon but the water elemental. Nope, don't know how to defeat it.
Also about the colourful puzzle,

Anyone managed the find the combination? No way I'm brute forcing it.

Edit: Also dat background selection at character creation <3 This game'll sure have some nice combos.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Not a fan of paladins. Why not just take an extra cleric, give it some armor, and call it a paladin?
Because Pathfinder's Paladin has a lot of unique features that make for completely different playstyles from a mere Cleric.

Just three class features are enough to justify the addition of a Paladin to your group:
- he adds Charisma to all saving throws, making him incredibly resilient;
- Smite Evil completely wrecks encounters against evil bosses or a single strong enemy: it adds your Charisma to all attack rolls and your level to damage rolls, it adds your Charisma to your AC, and it lets you completely ignore damage reduction (all that for the entire encounter);
- Divine Bond allows you to play with any weapon you want (and in WotR will probably allow you to have some sort of animal companion).

On top of that, the class is full of more "minor" features, but these three are enough to make the character amazing.
"Mere" Cleric.
Cleric's spells are strong and some domain powers are incredibly powerful (my favorite one is the -almost constant at high levels- +2 to attack rolls, AC, and skill checks of the Nobility domain), but with the Paladin you can solo without problems almost every single boss and mini-boss in the entire game, even without optimizing your character (you can obtain a similar result with a Cleric, but you need to think and handle your character: with a Paladin you click on Smite Evil and the encounter is over). Just pump everything into Strength and Charisma, equip the magic items that the game throws at you, and you are done.

Gyor

Savant
I like most of them UI changes.
Game starts brutal, how refreshing. Got my ass handed to me a lot. Killed everything in first dungeon but the water elemental. Nope, don't know how to defeat it.
Also about the colourful puzzle,

Anyone managed the find the combination? No way I'm brute forcing it.

Edit: Also dat background selection at character creation <3 This game'll sure have some nice combos.

How do the Backgrounds work, is it like in PF 2e, or is it changed some how to adapt it to PF 1e?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
PAL is pretty clutch when almost all the bad guys are Evil Outsiders, especially once you get Crusader’s Edge.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
How do the Backgrounds work, is it like in PF 2e, or is it changed some how to adapt it to PF 1e?

No clue mate, I just met Pathfinder with Kingmaker on PC.
I picked the one (Acolayte) making my persuasion checks to use my wisdom instead of charisma.

Can someone check what Witch patrons made it in? Pls. Kthx.

-Agility
-Ancestors
-Deception
-Devotion
-Elements
-Healing
-Insanity
-Mercy
-Shadow
-Strength

And 2 without names, though one of them is something related to shapeshifting. Other looks like protective themed.

jungl

Augur
Even if classes are shit the nice thing about DnD games they allows for whatever build you want mostly cause there not much tactics involved. All you need is high enough attack bonus or spells to win encounters.

Games like underrail while also having "builds" the games is tactical where it may not be good idea to punch those robots despite your guy being a unarmed build.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
June 2021 as release date and they are already releasing alpha of act 3 AND this will be shorter game by about 1/6th. You think they will be able to make it ? without the game being Kingmaker tier of bugs ?

Dodo1610

Arcane
June 2021 as release date and they are already releasing alpha of act 3 AND this will be shorter game by about 1/6th. You think they will be able to make it ? without the game being Kingmaker tier of bugs ?

They still can't release patches for Kingmaker without adding new bugs, so nope!

Desiderius

Patron

They still can't release patches for Kingmaker without adding new bugs, so nope!

My P:K is running fine.

The first alpha WotR was better than P:K at release.

I started playing at the PF:KM right at EE release. The only bug I have experienced was one of the kineticist twins had a bugged toolbar for a few weeks. Oh, and the confusion spell not working correctly. Not much to cry about.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think the whole tactical layer makes it unlikely, but we'll see. The alpha has been pretty solid for me so far.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░

Is there a list of requirements for Mythic Paths? Obviously, I'm interested mostly in lich.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
- 2021 - Release Date - Flooded with bugs; missing content; completely broken.
+ 6 months - Critical bugs fixed, some minor bugs fixed + mods fixing more of the bugs.
+ 12 months - The majority of bugs fixed; most DLC released; mods fixed most problems.
+ 18 months - The vast majority of bugs fixed; all DLC released; Ultimate Edition + additional content; mods stabilise the game.

So, I'll get to play it in 2023. Great.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
- 2021 - Release Date - Flooded with bugs; missing content; completely broken.
+ 6 months - Critical bugs fixed, some minor bugs fixed + mods fixing more of the bugs.
+ 12 months - The majority of bugs fixed; most DLC released; mods fixed most problems.
+ 18 months - The vast majority of bugs fixed; all DLC released; Ultimate Edition + additional content; mods stabilise the game.

So, I'll get to play it in 2023. Great.
It took them about 9 months to fix almost every bug in KM and have the Enhanced Edition out. Your timeline is off comrade, though I expected nothing better from the man who came up with the five year plans.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

Just remember to buy the game day 1 and keep a copy of that version for when they nerf everything to appease those people with some nerfs and reworking. It won't be the first few patches but it will happen.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Just remember to buy the game day 1 and keep a copy of that version for when they nerf everything to appease those people with some nerfs and reworking. It won't be the first few patches but it will happen.
Have they nerfed something like that in Kingmaker? I know that they nerfed a couple of random encounters and added some consumable/advice to deal with the infamous spider swarms, but I can't think of any serious nerf.

I mean, at least they aren't Larian with their idiotic "let's nerf everything to the ground in the enhanced edition" policy. They can't even stick to their vision for their game, because they have none. Passionless fucks.

:rpgcodex:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Have they nerfed something like that in Kingmaker? I know that they nerfed a couple of random encounters and added some consumable/advice to deal with the infamous spider swarms, but I can't think of any serious nerf.

The bear fight in chapter 1. Spiders in chapter 1. and the wolves after the prologue. But if this version is as hard as people are claiming, those people will be out in droves.

I mean, at least they aren't Larian with their idiotic "let's nerf everything to the ground in the enhanced edition" policy.

:Wink:

Desiderius

Patron
They took out the Blind in the Technic League fight and made Blind expire after four days because too many people couldn't figure out how to remove it (didn't know they had it) and were playing the whole game Blind.

They also removed the swarms from the path of Bokken's Quest, the whole point of which was how stupid it was too be wasting time hooking up a junkie when you had a Barony to secure.

So both cases undermining the whole purpose of those two questlines.

Desiderius

Patron
▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░

Is there a list of requirements for Mythic Paths? Obviously, I'm interested mostly in lich.

It's hard to miss.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Got a hairs-breadth into the Alpha before stopping myself, just long enough to behold that gloriously janked in-engine cutscene. I don’t want to spoil my first impression too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom