Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Josh Sawyer appreciation station

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sawyer looks older than I do and he's twenty years younger than I am.

I guess making shitty RPGs prematurely ages you.

He's 44, he's not that young.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Always thought that Josh Sawyer looks like The Offspring guitarist Noodles.

noodles-03-26-2016-8x10-b-1.jpg

It's probably just the glasses or MAYBE he is infact the son of Noodles.

Quillon

Arcane
he looks like the dude in coupling more, noticed it on my third time watching the series :P

ben miles
%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fa53e4f6f-c6fe-4ba1-8917-62e364fecdac.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems that comrade Josh has successfully internalized Mazovian Socio-Economics and now he uses his historical materialism skills to defend antifa and the KPD!

Sawyer said:
Truly incredible that you can have the dang Wikipedia page open with the words going right into your eyeballs and either not understand what you are reading or just contort your brain around it. It's hard to tell who's responding to this out of ignorance or bad faith, but on the off-chance The Girl Reading this would like some more context:

Coudrey's first sentence is nonsense. The evidence is in the screenshot he posted: the Weimar Republic was not Hitler's Germany. In '33, when Hitler did become Reichskanzler and pushed through the Reichstag Fire Decree and Enabling Act (impossible without the help of Hindenburg) the KPD (German Communist Party) was outlawed. AA as a political paramilitary force effectively stopped existing, though individuals may have gone on to be part of other groups resisting the German Reich, i.e. the aforementioned "Hitlers Germany". Yes, AA was a paramilitary group. They were de rigueur in the Weimar Republic because the republic was baptized by paramilitary groups. You don't need to be incredibly shocked by the revelation that the commies had one, too. People really like to make a lot of noise about the KPD/AA being more opposed to the SPD than the NSDAP, as though the KPD/AA did not *also* oppose the NSDAP (they did - almost everyone did).

Here's the thing about the Weimar Republic: it was very bad.

It started out bad in '18 and mostly got worse from there. And *when* it started out, leftists were split about how it should be formed. Without going into the (interesting) details, let's simplify the split as being between Soviet-style communists and the parliamentary SPD. The SPD gained control, the communists fought back, and the SPD used Freikorps (these were the aforementioned paramilitary forces milling about that I mentioned earlier) to hunt down, terrorize, and execute the communists, including Karl Liebknecht and Rosa Luxemberg. So when you're looking at AA being formed in '32, keep in mind that the SPD's suppression of communists happened in '19. That would be the equivalent of it happening in 2007 for us - not that long ago. And the SPD was still a pro-Weimar party. The KPD and NSDAP were anti-Weimar. This does not mean that they were "buddies" and again, AA and SA (Sturmabteilung) fought each other. AA and SA both fought against the Reichsbanner Schwarz-Rot-Gold, the SPD's paramilitary group.

In summary:

* Hitler's Germany was not Weimar. KPD & AA didn't exist in the German Reich.
* Many Weimar parties had paramilitary forces. KPD was not unusual in this regard.
* SPD violently suppressed communists 13 years before AA was formed.
* Weimar was wildly unpopular among its citizens.

Now I think that it would be cool if the setting of mythical Sawyer's historical RPG was the Weimar Republic.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Sawyer left aside than when SPD proposed an alliance to KPD - to gain the majority in Reichstag and cockblock NSDAP - KPD refused, for the directives from Komintern were to treat SPD as foremost enemy and NSDAP as secondary. The rest is history.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
He gets his history from wikipedia, be kind.
It is in Wiki, though. Sawyer is a "selective reader".

The Communist International described all moderate left-wing parties as "social fascists" and urged the Communists to devote their energies to the destruction of the moderate left. As a result, the KPD, following orders from Moscow, rejected overtures from the Social Democrats to form a political alliance against the NSDAP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler's_rise_to_power

Before anyone comments this situation: imagine that if you are in the room with two guys. One has badly beaten you before - broke your ribs, knocked out some teeth, etc, but you are still alive and healthy and this guy doesn't bother you much. Another guy always tells you how he hates you and that he will disembowel you at the first opportunity. First guy proposes you an alliance - let's get together and beat the second guy before he knocks us both one by one. You tell this guy to fuck off and think of how to sucker punch him, completely ignoring the guy who wants to disembowel you. Communist logic at its best.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Sawyer left aside than when SPD proposed an alliance to KPD - to gain the majority in Reichstag and cockblock NSDAP - KPD refused, for the directives from Komintern were to treat SPD as foremost enemy and NSDAP as secondary. The rest is history.

Wasn't it the case that I, Stalin, purposefully wanted to create a militarised Germany under Hitler, hoping that he would set Western Europe ablaze in a new war, and thus blocked any efforts the German communists made in order to halt his political career?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Wasn't it the case that I, Stalin, purposefully wanted to create a militarised Germany under Hitler, hoping that he would set Western Europe ablaze in a new war, and thus blocked any efforts the German communists made in order to halt his political career?
This backfired quite badly...

546c7522167df810dc4b3cc4b5f57945.jpg

That is wrong, comrade. My preparations for the invasion of Europe were in full swing, with mere months away from launching. I knew Hitler wouldn't attack me, having so meagre tank divisions, no cavalry, barely any motorised divisions. Attacking me with such limited forces would be suicide. And yet he did. And caught my forces with their pants down, either concentrated right next to our borders or en-route to the front, with thousands upon thousands of tanks, planes and artillery just parked right next to the border, in neat, endless rows...

https://larrysanger.org/2020/05/wikipedia-is-badly-biased/

It was quite some time since I read something as stupid as this article. Thanks for wasting my time.

Codex Year of the Donut

It was quite some time since I read something as stupid as this article. Thanks for wasting my time.
You're right, what could the guy who co-created wikipedia know. Clearly you know far more than he does about the thing he created.

You're right, what could the guy who co-created wikipedia know. Clearly you know far more than he does about the thing he created.

They guy is literally upset that labeling alternative medicine as pseudoscience is bad because its not neutral :)

Codex Year of the Donut

They guy is literally upset that labeling alternative medicine as pseudoscience is bad because its not neutral :)
Because labeling it as "pseudoscience' violates Wikipedia's NPOV you dumbass.

Calling pseudoscience a pseudoscience doesn't violate any sensible neutrality guidelines. Encyclopedias exist to give their readers access to facts. If someone shouts that UK capital is Manchester, it doesn't mean that an encyclopedia should take "neutral stance" on the issue and "teach the controversy". Jesus Christ, Rusty, keep it together.

Codex Year of the Donut

Calling pseudoscience a pseudoscience doesn't violate any sensible neutrality guidelines. Encyclopedias exist to give their readers access to facts. If someone shouts that UK capital is Manchester, it doesn't mean that an encyclopedia should take "neutral stance" on the issue and "teach the controversy". Jesus Christ, Rusty, keep it together.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Neutral_point_of_view
This page in a nutshell: Articles must not take sides, but should explain the sides, fairly and without editorial bias. This applies to both what you say and how you say it.
I understand you're an ESL, but come on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom