Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
yeah turn 2 lotus cobra into turn 3 omnath 3 rounds in a row in bo3 is epic guys
wow i love ramp
we need more cards that immediately replace themselves in value right when they etb
green is such an epic color
wow

spectre

Arcane
Completely normal phenomenon. Give it a day or so.
I was able to login, re-roll a daily, check that PlayZendikar is working, didn't get the chance to crack them packs.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I was able to play a game of sealed. Got completely butchered with a horrible Abzan value deck with way too few land fixing cards...
Ironically I had near perfect mana and was just outvalued by Izzet Wizards lasering all my cards and then killing me in the air.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
well for those who can't log in, there's a total of two decks being played by everyone right now
  1. dimir rogue turbo mill + tempo (as anticipated duh)
  2. t2 lotus -> t3 some insane turbo ramp bullshit -> drool and play ugin hurr
both are totally unfun
the return of this draw go flash bullshit makes me want teferi back in standard

glad i didn't preorder anything from this set, gonna play rollercoaster tycoon or something until devs get their heads out of their asses and stop pushing unfun gameplay
so yeah cya next week once my :argh::argh::argh::argh:wears off

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unfortunately I've been getting the return of the MTGA black screen of death

I found a way to bypass this screen.

While sitting at the black screen of death, open your task manager (assuming you are playing on windows)

Open the drop down box for MTGA >>> find the thing that says unity crash manager.

Kill the unity crash manager. THEN kill MTGA

When you restart MTGA it will open like normal. It's worked a few times for me so far. Seems after every game I get booted.

Thanks bro! Managed to beat my head against it enough to get a few wins and knock out some quests so I won't be wasting them when they hit tomorrow, so I think I'll just hope it's doing better by then. Plus I don't think I'm gonna crack Zendikar packs any time soon, probably after it goes to quick draft and I get some drafting in, so I'm not in a huge rush to play right now anyway. Highlight was bolting a cobra and having my opponent immediately scoop.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks bro! Managed to beat my head against it enough to get a few wins and knock out some quests so I won't be wasting them when they hit tomorrow, so I think I'll just hope it's doing better by then. Plus I don't think I'm gonna crack Zendikar packs any time soon, probably after it goes to quick draft and I get some drafting in, so I'm not in a huge rush to play right now anyway. Highlight was bolting a cobra and having my opponent immediately scoop.

Reminds me, I probably should put in the code for the free packs.

I've been playing a mostly thrones of eldraine annoyance deck right now.

I tried to throw a couple of Baneslayer Angels in my deck, but the system kept saying error purchasing, but when I came back in I had 4 of them, guess I'm going full on angel deck soon.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
Kek, I'm rolling with a 250 card "kitchen sink" deck right now because that's how I fall ass-backwards into weird combos when the rotations happen.

Somebody cast "peer into the abyss" on me, so I had like 120 cards in my hand. So I dug out a "folio of fancies"

Cast a baneslayer angel also same turn.

Then they cast "peer into the abyss" on me again the next turn.

I don't think I've ever had that many cards in my hand, literally a challenge to dig through them, but fuck it, I could basically cast my entire deck that turn.

Guy didn't stand a chance :lol:

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
How are the limited formats treating you guys so far?

First Sealed 2-3, second already on 3-1. Fun format, tons of bombs but incredibly potent removal in all colours at 2-3 cmc. Very interactive for a limited format, that or I just havn't faced the cancer bombs yet.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
Magic is easy if you are drunk.

mLeqOiL.png

Getting tempted by that rogue shit. I shouldn't be, but I am. Hate using rare wildcards on standard though, especially for a recent set, and most especially not for a land cycle. I like the look of rogue shit though. Also kinda want that 2 drop red wizard that becomes a 4/4 to go with Izzet decks 'cause Izzet stronk.

Massively later edit: Crafted the cards for Rakdos arcanist bullshit in historic since I am RELATIVELY confident that a playset of Thoughtseize isn't going to upset me. Fun deck even though it's a nightmare to play against. Fortunately it's a tricksy nightmare rather than a "Hold up while I sac the cat 50 times" nightmare.

Last edited:
Might be complete voodoo and nonsense, but I remember lukaszek having that "Driver crash" bullshit with MTGA. It's been acting up even more for me recently, so I was trying more bullshit to try to stop it and bumped into something that's (Thus far) working. I think you were not only also using a Nvidia card, I think you were on a 970 the same as me. Go to the Nvidia control panel, go to the help tab, and click "Debug mode". Apparently all that does is roll factory overclocked cards back to stock speeds and voltages, but so far I haven't had it take a shit on me after trying that. And that was when it was feeling really fucking crash-happy today.

I've got an EVGA 970 which is factory overclocked just a smidge, so I guess it's theoretically possible the issue is related to that. Oddly enough I even tried underclocking and it still was giving me guff, but maybe the debug mode does some other crap behind the scenes. Hopefully that'll stop your MTGA issues with that too.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
w/e ended up 2-1 with the mill rogues
i've been force rare drafting every rare i see and I ended up with this retarded ass 4 color deck lmao
fbd7HFc.jpg

WD7D8Y7.jpg

EnVDmw3.jpg

funny board states
valakut exploration is the funniest i imagine opp thinking "wtf is going on" whenever that drops

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I've been just raredrafting the shit out of limited, people are passing so many rares lol I get at least 7 every run and end up with these hilarious 3 color decks that are slamming rares onto the battlefield constantly.
One frustration is that clerics must be some streamer or meta draft deck of choice because I'll play against 3 or 4 cleric decks in a row until I'm put up against something else. kinda lame, but I see why, those decks are decent at worst and totally broken at best

I have yet to do any premium drafts, I probably should since I've got 4 fucking tokens since I don't play limited much, and I'd be raredrafting like a mofo too. 7 rares from a single draft does sound particularly juicy though.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I've been just raredrafting the shit out of limited, people are passing so many rares lol I get at least 7 every run and end up with these hilarious 3 color decks that are slamming rares onto the battlefield constantly.
One frustration is that clerics must be some streamer or meta draft deck of choice because I'll play against 3 or 4 cleric decks in a row until I'm put up against something else. kinda lame, but I see why, those decks are decent at worst and totally broken at best

I think it is just really really good and comes together easily. In Sealed it is insane and almost every pod can play a medium cleric deck when all other colours suck.

spectre

Arcane
I doubt they'll ban all those freshy fresh rare cards just yet. A lot of people are throwing tantrums because the meta is still in the process of being figured out, and people mostly run the two good decks from streams.
Also, faggots always forget to bring actual interaction with their decks. If a fucking lotus cobra into Omnath kills you on the spot, you need fucking interaction at one and two mana. It's not like there's none in the format.

I probably shouldn't be the one to talk about standard. I'm currently enjoying bo3 historic a lot at the moment, and there's still a lot of cards I want from Amunkpktkh and Jumpstart. I also need to earn some shekels for premium drafts cause I'm all out.
From this perspective, Zębikar has barely made any waves (perhaps people are waiting for streamers to tell them what to think, or everyone and their mother are playing limted queues).
I've yet to see any actual landfall, just a few odd cards.
I've mostly explored the new lands and from my experience, they seem mostly balanced.
They mostly benefit 1-2 color decks and are really problematic to use with typical ramp (this being a good thing), because you need the land to be face up to put it into play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom