Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
All my rests are 8 hours without Jubilost and 7 hours with him. Mages are extremely useful. And Ekundayo saves 2 rations per rest, which is crucial in zones where hunting is unavailable.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
All my rests are 8 hours without Jubilost and 7 hours with him. Mages are extremely useful. And Ekundayo saves 2 rations per rest, which is crucial in zones where hunting is unavailable.

Game rules.

You can also only rest once per 24 hour period to get spells and abilities back. So second rest in 24 hour period will take 24 hours.

p.s.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/2988638509626635291/

So if you rely on often resting (mage party), you are in big trouble with 24 hour rests.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Difficulty Modifiers Scale With Level
It's no secret that on hard and unfair the early game is an absolute RNG dependant slog that gets far more managable from act 2 and onwards. The reason for this is because the modifiers applied to enemies at higher difficulties are static. On unfair the +4 to AC and attack bonus as well as the +8 to every stat are extremely impactful at level 1 and far less impactful at level 20 when the abundance of buffs and potential for min maxing overshadow them.

To correct this I have made it so that the modifiers scale with the level of your main character. At level 1 the bonuses will be very small, at level 8 the bonuses will be the same as vanilla and at level 20 they will be 50% larger in order to try and correct the games strong inverted difficulty curve. For the mod image you can see how AC scales with level in my mod (red) as opposed to the constant buff applied in vanilla (blue). The tutorial is no longer the hardest part of the game!

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/193

Seems interesting. Makes chapter 1 less of a reload chore (daze should be automatic dammit) and makes the latter chapters harder.

Inb4
doyouevenlift.png

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
You can also only rest once per 24 hour period to get spells and abilities back. So second rest in 24 hour period will take 24 hours.
All the spells remain exactly for the time as per their descriptions. If a spell should remain longer than the time of the rest (7 or 8 hours) plus the time of fights and exploring, then it will be active both during the rest and after the rest. The same is true for food buffs; I have had doubles sometimes.

Also, if the region is claimed and the Baroness / Baron is set to perform their special role then resting takes 8 hours and does not spend any rations. The last time I had 24 rations on me was during Varnhold Vanishing.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I do not know and I do not want to know what the rules are. I am playing a CRPG Pathfinder: Kingmaker and not a table top session over Zoom (because quarantine, hehe).

Resting in the game works as I described. One can use it or not.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Cleaning up Flintrock and heading after Tristian.

ValFey13SmiloTankhit.jpg

Taking another 4% hit chance hit. Displacement would be 2.5% but this roll would have hit anyway. A chunk but not fatal (he wasn't at full health at start of combat).

Harrim13Touch.jpg

Harrim using Touch of Chaos to set up Linzi's Enchantment spell vs Will. As you can see since it is vs Touch AC almost auto-hit even Fighting Defensively, which he's doing because he's tanking Giants (where he gets +4AC).

TouchofChaosUnlucky.jpg

Around 12% chance for him to make the save through Touch (vs 35% normally) but he does. Also manage to hit Okbo. Not good.

UnbreakableCure.jpg

Good thing I always have Unbreakable Heart handy on at least two toons, since it cancels the Confusion from a full caster.

Boogeyman'sRobe.jpg

Randomly wearing Boogeyman's Robe on Kanerah. Good against low Will enemies in large numbers even if you're only at a 25% chance since it procs every hit.

Tanglefoot vs Giants.jpg

Giants have very low Reflex save so Tanglefoot bombs are almost autohit. Root the target plus Entangle those caught in splash is very good. Guy on top is rooted. Also works vs Zombie Giants. Force Bombs are fine but Tanglefoot are slightly better due to how many things they work against (plus Ghosts are immune to prone).

Lost Amiri.jpg

Never seen this before. Saved Amiri then she shows up in this fight and almost gets killed. Jaethal will do some in Sycamore cave.

Atrocities.jpg

A couple very nice items on Flintrock map. Linzi or Octavia will pick up the Jav, and building a Half-Orc Barb to use this Bad Boy could be kind of fun.

CatDispelBugMainGame.jpg

If they fixed Dispelling Strike they forgot to fix it on main game Dwemorcats. I'm in no hurry for them to fix this one since they are a PITA.

Ekun13OkboEatingaCrit.jpg

This time Okbo eats a 1 in 500 crit from an Owlbear that probably wouldn't have gotten the attack off if I'd been paying closer attention. They do hit hard on Unfair. Still only half of his HP as you can see. Bear's Endurance, Mass is a nice one.

Ekun13Revenge.jpg

Ekun not amused.

AlchemicalWeaponCrit.jpg

This is damage from the Alchemical Weapon ability on Grenadier. The Bow damage shows up below. Doesn't look that good on paper but does a lot of damage if you have some consumables to burn.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Started to play this in TB and I noticed (while much more fun) it seems easier. So I'm just wondering what is the optimal difficulty setting for a good challenge?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
From rules, so it is really 1 rest (spell refresh) per day (= 24 hours)

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42zoa?Getting-two-complete-sets-of-spells-in-a-day

This fucks mage class a lot, i do remember that a lot of rests were 24 hours instead of usual 8 hours. Guess how fast this advance game time.

It is actually correct. If you try to camp two times in row in P:K then second rest takes 24 hours to implement this rule. Except it is not shown in the camping window and only written in the log.

Plus, like many other things in P:K it is a bit bugged and if you save/load between rests then variable responsible for "full day next rest" resets and it would be as usual.

Desiderius

Patron
Unfair Abandoned Keep:

Mc Grenadier 13 vs Primal Shambling.jpg

MC Grenadier leads off with a Tanglefoot Bomb vs Shambling Mound. If you're missing Negative Energy you can kill it now with Coup d'etat but it usually takes a few tries since it has high Fortitude.

KeepDevourerstats.jpg

Next tough fight is the hidden Devourer. Takes a decent Perception check to find the Secret Door and solving a puzzle to get there. First Lore checks I've whiffed in awhile, so don't even know his saves or AC.

ValFey13TrueStrikeTrip.jpg

That was with True Strike. Welp.

Big Resist.jpg

Spells probably not an option either. As you can see we are getting some hits in.

MC Grenadier vs Devourer Touch.jpg

Touch attacks always a nice one, though he made his save 22 vs 30.

KeepDevourerBlindFight.jpg

This is an interesting pic. I think this is the first time I've captured the effect of Blind Fight, which the Devourer used to reroll his miss vs the Blur on Val's Smilodon. Again Whisper can see Stoneskin keeping Smilo alive despite eating a lucky hit then crit from the Devourer. Linzi should have been using Demoralize instead of futiley trying to land a spell thru the Devourer's Resistance at this level.

MC Grenadier Trickery EXP.jpg

This is where MC is starting to hog all the experience on skill checks so he can hit lvl 20 for House. Good example of why it's nice to have Trickery on MC. Keep probably has the most challenging Trickery checks in the game since you don't have Tristian's Touch of Good or even Blessing of the Faithful. Of course if this MC had stayed Archeologist these checks would be automatic.

Unicorn Horn.jpg

Going after the Unicorn Horn for Arlene the hard part is unlocking the door (top check). If you whiff on that you can come back with Tristian next level and try again. Or I suppose you could got kill the unicorn. I'm at the sweet spot on the trap where I can just keep trying until I get it without worrying about setting it off.

Of course if you're not playing unfair it's easier. Scrolls are 7th, 8th, and 9th level spells.

Desiderius

Patron
For those claiming Tristian betrayed the party and should not be shown any mercy:

Tristian Fight not Betrayal.jpg

He fought her commands

Amiri mad at Tristian.jpg

Grats on those who side with brain genius moral paragon Amiri on this question. I'll go with the superhuman chick I brought back from the dark side through sheer force of personality.

Desiderius

Patron
One of the best fights in the game, especially on Unfair.

Gaze Save.jpg

Better make sure to get gaze immunity via Blindfight before this fight. I've randomly made this save but wouldn't count on it.

Amiri13OpeningShotDefaced.jpg

Amiri going Strength on Strength and powering her way through the Sister's unearthly AC. Really no reason not to have Harrim's Destructive Aura on here, just forgot. Really need it with her high DR. Summons and Iron Golem we recruited to handle the side Redcaps. You can see Ekun activating Quarry here as he did against Devourer. He never got a shot off either time. It must be bugged as a Full Action. Made both fight's last a lot longer than normal.

MC Grenadier Touch AB Defaced.jpg

Even her touch AC is no joke. Have to remember to turn Rapid Shot off when bombing. Probably shouldn't have taken it at all.

MC Grenadier Blind Defaced.jpg

Got her Blinded, but her effects are bugged (new bug introduced with EE) as you can't even see her Barkskin. Evidently she also has True Seeing as the Blind had no effect until...

Amiri13Defaced Sisterkill.jpg

Linzi dispelled it, and immediately after Amiri finished her off. AC went from 48 to 26. That's why Blind is good.

Three of the effects Linzi dispelled are missing names in the Combat Log. Stunning Barrier has always been missing, but never seen that on anything else, including True Seeing which I've dispelled before.

DefacedDispel.jpg

Linzi's not the only one who can Dispel things. If all the bosses were programmed like this Defaced Sister P:K would be a much better game.

Blindnotworking Defaced.jpg

Here you can see the Blindness on the Sister having no effect due to the hidden True Seeing. Smilo was fighting the Sister while tanking one of the Golems at the top.

Ekun13Okbotankinggolem.jpg

With Okbo tanking the other. Still amazed that Ekun never got a shot in either fight. As bad as Quarry is, Improved Quarry is that good.

jackofshadows

Magister
I have a silly question which probably has been discussed here to death but still: got to the Stag Lord. I can simply aggro his men one by one. Is it a bug or is it considered as a no-no unspoken rule abuse? I don't get it how after million of patches AI won't even try to overwhelm me.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I have a silly question which probably has been discussed here to death but still: got to the Stag Lord. I can simply aggro his men one by one. Is it a bug or is it considered as a no-no unspoken rule abuse? I don't get it how after million of patches AI won't even try to overwhelm me.

Once each group of soldiers is down to one man they make a run for the alarm. If you don't get him in time then the whole map aggro's and the Stag Lord appears. As far as I've heard everyone does it this way unless you are playing on a normal difficulty or something.

You'd also lose out on the two interactions with henchmen and the owlbear. Game is designed to go one by one.

jackofshadows

Magister
To clarify: was talking about Stag Lord pack (he appeared just after my party squeezed through the fence), not little groups before him, it's perfectly fine that one pack doesn't automatically aggro another. His men standing just before the main building and it's possible to aggro 1-2 dude from one side, than from the other etc. So I killed the boss as the very last foe. Eh, what can you do I guess. Still really like the game overall so far.

Desiderius

Patron
To clarify: was talking about Stag Lord pack (he appeared just after my party squeezed through the fence), not little groups before him, it's perfectly fine that one pack doesn't automatically aggro another. His men standing just before the main building and it's possible to aggro 1-2 dude from one side, than from the other etc. So I killed the boss as the very last foe. Eh, what can you do I guess. Still really like the game overall so far.

Never seen that one. I usually send a couple dudes up the stairs to trigger the fight and everyone joins in.

Desiderius

Patron
So headed down to rescue the Sweet Teeth from the Forefather:

KalCompnionquestspiderlegs.jpg

Spider Legs are a good meal for facing Soul Eaters (Death Ward doesn't work against them). Elki getting in a solid hit on Unfair, not bad little devil.

Kal13Whirlwind.jpg

Kalikke warps in... and she's not having any of this shit. Lvl 13. Have a feeling her Greater Bull Rush AoO machine isn't going to have much of a chance to do anything.

Linz13Grief.jpg

Demons not immune to Linzi's amped up enchantments either.

Kal13companion quest reward.jpg

Companion quest reward. Was just thinking she could use some more damage. Can't wait until she gets Weapon Finesse. Maybe a Thug splash for a couple sneaks to get some real InEffect style damage.

Jae13InqPerception.jpg

Jae getting ready to join the team in search of Armag's Tomb and goodies inside. 39 Perception unbufffed.

Desiderius

Patron
To find shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom