Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
eh, its awrite, i have a terrible seed

redesigned alps are straight retarded,
i dont see the point,
if they would focus you down - they could
even at x3+ numerical superiourity, 12 naked men and 6 dogs running after 4 alps was not entertaining and dangerous

Great Stories (tm) from Baddlefild:
I bought a Negotiator (actually experimented with him first, buying just before the next big contract) and went north to find a taxidermist and get the last 4 out of 5 unvisited cities, leaving 1 open (for that all-visited ambition).
First contract is barb king for 2600. Nego brings this up to 2900 (so about 10% more, if you clikc "more when done", "just more" until the pay stops increasing <- top of the line gameplay). Almost 3 grand. I save and check out what kind of fite it is.
Its day 36 only. Its 16 thrals, drummer and Kang. Oh boy yes pls.
Fite:
Before Kang gest to me I kill a third of his mens. He slams into 1 dude and only stuns him.
I have only 1 guy with Whip mastery to disarm him but it lands 3 out 4 times or so on 60% cth.
The Kang surprises me and goes for Adrenaline thrice and his weapon is 4 AP. Nasty cleaver. But its only 1 attack per turn now.
So in about 4 turns that I was stabbing and whipping him, he lands 1 hit. Instagib on head.... such bullshit. Other attacks he wasted on trying to destroy shields. Beatiful.
So now I have a 270 armor and my next best one is "worn mail" for 110. Lul. I cant even get battleforged for another level on 1 dude xD

f6kMqXp.png

fGtn1Ni.png

Lessons:
whips whips whips
Negotiator is worth 10%, so about 30 contracts/30to60days for full payback when your average contract is 1000.
So I would say the Nego outperforms the Scavenger by a mile when you start to afford them. You are not fihgting tanks constatnly and even then 10 people in 200 armor destroyed is ~15 tools lol.
The Trader depends on trade routes. So for exmpale from the pic above, I have 4 different good types. Trader would add 1 quantitiy to each type. So that is about 4*~80+ profit on a run that a trader adds. Eh, depends how trade routes lay.
Also, dont take the "kill 5 animals packs" ambition...

Takamori

Learned
So managed to reach 153 days with my Peasant Militia, went full labor party revolution swarming all my encounter with my fucking poor peasants. Managed to save 6 of the original line up until the last battle.
Decided to pick a Noble War contract, 5000 crowns payout, I could equip my peasants with fine rich boy gear. Oh boy what a mistake, bit more that I could chew.
We won, but only 3 survived of all the 16. The definition of Phyrric Victory. I retired after it was a bitter end that this campaign deserved.

Started a Northern Raiders campaign so far so good, the three starter barbarians are still alive, might be able to farm enough to make then 3 two handed weapon users.

vazha

Arcane
Horvatii Please can you write in normal English? I got headache just reading that drivel. Nobody here is a fan of such slang, it's a prestigious forum for a reason.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Because it will potentially take you years. Contracts vs nachz etc dont count.
There are places where free roaming spiders and ghous spawn, like woods, maybe. But its not economical to stand around and wait for it.
You are typically on the road, going contract to contract.
There is usually a better ambition that will give you a quick 100 rep for much less gold and work.

Tigranes

Arcane
i find the beasts ambition easy on some maps, futile in others. depends on whether you are around forested wildernesses and their frontier tpwns a lot. if desert roaming, no.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
What do you girls think about the following Rotate tictac the AI employs (I dont think its planed...)?
A raider will step into your dude/line. Then a 2h wielding raider, whos turn is about to come, is being rotated in for an attack.

Now the key for us is that at 2 tiles distance our 2H is not getting an attack if he moves 2 tiles. But 1 tile works for a Swing or similar attack vs multiple opponents.
So our shieldbro steps into the enemy and rotates our 2h in, who swings. Instant action like that will only hit 2 enemies.
If the shieldbro waits a turn, there is potential for him to get surrounded by 3 enemies. Then our 2H gets to swing vs 3, potentially Adrenaline, swing again. And even rotated out to Recover?

How is the action economy on this? Is it worth it, if the 2h gets to attack 2 enemies only?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Is there
anything good inside Sunken Library?
How does fight there compare with Goblin City and Black Monolith?

I took a single peek inside and retreated for now.

Parabalus

Arcane
Anyone else disliking archers now?

I used to run with >3, but in the new version they seem much less useful, since there is both a lot more RD and enemies against which they are ineffective, along with camp battles often pitting you against foes camped on a hill.

Replaced them all with throwing/handgonne bros, and it feels much more comfy. Throwing in particular is great in the arena against those bullshit MD enemies.

Is there

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Anyone else disliking archers now?

I used to run with >3, but in the new version they seem much less useful, since there is both a lot more RD and enemies against which they are ineffective, along with camp battles often pitting you against foes camped on a hill.

Replaced them all with throwing/handgonne bros, and it feels much more comfy. Throwing in particular is great in the arena against those bullshit MD enemies.

Is there

So nothing that my current company can obtain.
Pity.

jungl

Augur
archers take way too long to get effective. They practically have to have 90+ ranged attack or feel like they not pushing their weight. Problem is with battle bros you still have op weapons and meh/shit loadouts. Swordlances are amazing with sweep ability. Look at the damage total in a big fight a swordlance bro will have 1800 damage compared to shield bro only 300-400. That is over 4x effectiveness. A archer can never be that useful.

Parabalus

Arcane
just comparing damage output ignores that when you really need someone for a particular purpose, you really fucking need them, and you'll be glad that you have them

archers take way too long to get effective
no

For what?

I think I'll only miss them in Goblin city, I'm liking handgonne/throwers far more vs everything else.

vazha

Arcane
Anyone's got any idea how to remove the 12 hireable guys limit on lone wolf & other custom scenarios? Got this Half Giant mod and am having a blast, but the 12 guys limit is really crippling.
to clarify: I dont want field more than 12 bros in a battle, i just want to have a larger than 12 roster.
If anybody's keen to try out that mod, here it is https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/265
Can provide a drunkard huge seed if needed, 20 % bonus damage is unreal.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
just comparing damage output ignores that when you really need someone for a particular purpose, you really fucking need them, and you'll be glad that you have them

no

For what?

I think I'll only miss them in Goblin city, I'm liking handgonne/throwers far more vs everything else.
Mass hangonnes are a bit of a liability vs Hexes or Unholds.
Besides bows have the range to take out squishy necromancers and other backline support.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

no

For what?

sniping in all sorts of situations; doing damage from a distance at a moment's notice without having to leg it with a melee bro (especially when you can't), applying multiple overwhelms, getting a wound in, getting that little ounce of damage in to get the kill, to get the rout - all sorts of opportunities present themselves, good to capitalise on them

I'm not saying you should have many or that going without is wrong, I'm just saying you'll be glad to have one when you need them

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Anyone's got any idea how to remove the 12 hireable guys limit on lone wolf & other custom scenarios? Got this Half Giant mod and am having a blast, but the 12 guys limit is really crippling.
to clarify: I dont want field more than 12 bros in a battle, i just want to have a larger than 12 roster.
yes

Ippolit

Scholar
Patron
RPG Wokedex Bubbles In Memoria Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If anybody's keen to try out that mod, here it is https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/265
Can provide a drunkard huge seed if needed, 20 % bonus damage is unreal.

Does using the mod together with this one help?

I don't know about that, jack, the only ever truly bullshit fight I got was the very first one
The thing is that you can win the first 5 fights eez at level 5/6 and then face a swordmaster and 2 raiders in the gear fight. I cant wint that, I have 5% cth on the swordmaster.

if (this.World.Statistics.getFlags().getAsInt("ArenaFightsWon") >= 5) {
F = "IsSwordmaster",
}
if (this.Const.DLC.Wildmen && this.World.Statistics.getFlags().getAsInt("ArenaFightsWon") >= 15)
F = "IsSwordmasterChampion",
}

The separate Arena diff multiplier seems to be clamped between 0.75 and 5. And scales linearly off days+fights and company strength. At ~400 days you max out.
company_strength*0.01^0.95 + (days + fights) * 0.01
function getScaledDifficultyMult()
{
local p = this.World.State.getPlayer().getStrength();
p = p / this.World.getPlayerRoster().getSize();
p = p * 12;
local s = this.Math.maxf(0.75, 1.0 * this.Math.pow(0.01 * p, 0.95) + this.Math.minf(0.5, (this.World.getTime().Days + this.World.Statistics.getFlags().getAsInt("ArenaFightsWon")) * 0.01));
local d = this.Math.minf(5.0, s);
return d * this.Const.Difficulty.EnemyMult[this.World.Assets.getCombatDifficulty()];
}
can't sword master be hit with ranged and thrown weapons?

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Well, mind sharing the secret? ))
Sure.
You need to unpack data, find lone wolf scenario file, hack it, change variable, then made mod from it.
How many you want in reserve?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom