Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah, the cutscene needs some work.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░

Is there a list of requirements for Mythic Paths? Obviously, I'm interested mostly in lich.

It's hard to miss.
Your mum is hard to miss.
Because she's so FAT.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░

Is there a list of requirements for Mythic Paths? Obviously, I'm interested mostly in lich.

Be evil
Be lawful
Kill and harvest souls

you can see which dialogue choices can lead to becoming a lich, so not that hard.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Currently still in Act 1 so can't say much that have yet to be said before. But in general the highlight so far is companion comments/bickering on what feels like part of a lot of quests.

In Alpha 2 I think there are more interactions between companions during quests, and as their personalities are mostly at odds with each other, their comments usually turns into short but fun bickering. I think I got more of these halfway in Chapter 1 of WoR than like 3 chapters of Pfk. I guess this is part of the "doubled reactivity" stretch goals or something? The enjoyment on this part depends on how much you are invested on the casts and Codex raging complainers will probably use mercenaries or something (considering gameplay wise there are actual reason to do so with how lopsided the companion class distribution is), but if you enjoy the companions you will mostly enjoy the comments/bickering.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
InD_ImaginE do these interactions between companions actually bring something to the gameplay, or are they just inconsequential and superficial chit-chat that end as soon as you click "continue" and have no effect whatsoever afterwards?

I'm fine with both options (I mean, if you are interested in companions, inconsequential chit-chats are still better than no dialogue at all), but I would love something more involved.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
InD_ImaginE do these interactions between companions actually bring something to the gameplay, or are they just inconsequential and superficial chit-chat that end as soon as you click "continue" and have no effect whatsoever afterwards?

I'm fine with both options (I mean, if you are interested in companions, inconsequential chit-chats are still better than no dialogue at all), but I would love something more involved.

Sometimes both, but a it is more of the former than the latter. Like in PfK sometimes the companion who commented can help you to freely pass/do something that usually need a skill checks, but a lot of the time its just the companions being reactive to the quests/each other. Now, I am still in mid of Chapter 1 so I can't say much if affecting the quest will occur more as the stake is higher or not.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The companions have been a net improvement over the Kingmaker lot so far, makes me excited to see 'em when they're refined and out-of-alpha.

Also, woe to everyone wrote off Wenduag when dataminers confirmed her as a companion. Judging from her in-game model, text descriptions and VA, she's gonna be getting a massive glow-up.

this time would be the perfect oppurtunity to implement aligment restricted parties like in the bgs.

It does seem appropriate that this game could have companions which comes to blows or departures. Owlcat seems like one of the rare companies that might have the nerve and talent to do it.

It would be fun as a lich to raise a dead companion slain in a inter-party feud as your new undead thrall.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
The companions have been a net improvement over the Kingmaker lot so far, makes me excited to see 'em when they're refined and out-of-alpha.

Also, woe to everyone wrote off Wenduag when dataminers confirmed her as a companion. Judging from her in-game model, text descriptions and VA, she's gonna be getting a massive glow-up.

Maybe if they update her class. I don't know man, Level 1 Ranged Fighter is kinda boring as hell

AliceAlcina

Learned
state of companion classes, if you don't want to overlap with them
we got cleric, wizard, rogue, 2xfighter (wink), monk, paladin, ranger, shaman, witch, oracle, slayer companions
we got hellknight and assasins as prestiges.
we don’t have: barbarian, bard, druid, sorcerer, warpriest, skald, magus, kineticist, inquisitor, hunter, cavalier, bloodrager, arcanist, alchemist companions

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
state of companion classes, if you don't want to overlap with them
we got cleric, wizard, rogue, 2xfighter (wink), monk, paladin, ranger, shaman, witch, oracle, slayer companions
we got hellknight and assasins as prestiges.
we don’t have: barbarian, bard, druid, sorcerer, warpriest, skald, magus, kineticist, inquisitor, hunter. bloodrager, arcanist, alchemist companions
It's going to be me(cleric), the cleric, the witch, the wizard, the oracle, and the shaman. Tips on my team composition?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Owlcat, bite the bullet and let me have my harem already.
Were you not satisfied with the Tiefling twins in Kingmaker? They were even red for your convenience.

No, I want a full on harem on my Demon playthrough.

1. By the way, did Owlcat say anything about the rumoured "secret" Devil mythic path?
2. What's the Demon mythic path like, story-wise? Is it "fight fire with fire", "better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven", or some different concept?

ChildInTime

Learned
Goddamn, Lich is fucking based -
you build a gigantic ziggurat in Drezen, so that your teacher who is a lich you freed from his imprisonment can cast rituals to prepare your soul for the transfer to lichdom. He builds a giant pillar of skulls there, almost like the one in Avernus in D&D, then this pillar becomes your advisor(s). You swear fealty to Urgathoa, become a lich, gather undead, including aristocratic vampires from Geb and all over the neighbouring countries. Get war declared on you by Mendev, then solve a minor civil war between the followers of the goddess and more free thinking undead, and finally place a curse on the former Sarkoris, so that Pharasma gets mad enough to send her most powerful planar servants against you. Then you pwn her minions and basically become a minor deity by granting spells to your undead followers. You can also resurrect demons from the dead with the help of Orcus or Urgathoa. Hooo, boy.

"\"You succeeded in a great cause, m{mf|aster|istress}. You gave the ancient lands of Sarkoris to the powers of darkness. Pharasma's patience grows thin, her revenge is imminent. We know how to provoke her, to make her forces take up arms and head to Golarion. We advise, m{mf|aster|istress}, that you declare these lands a domain of death, marking them with the great corruption and the seal of undeath.\""
},
{

"\"Curse Sarkoris to turn all who die there afterwards into the undead. If you will, we'll begin our preparations for the ritual that will enhance your overwhelming power to spread your magic all the way from the Lake of Mists and Veils to the Hold of Belkzen. Upon creating a new abode of death in Golarion, you'll become equal to the greatest death masters in history, and Lady of Graves will have no choice but to accept your challenge. Just say the word, and we'll begin preparing the ritual.\""
},
{

"\"It was a great victory, and the news of it will soon spread throughout Golarion. Soon, your power and influence will equal the might and glory of Tar-Baphon, Whispering Tyrant. Aroden the god himself did battle with him. Serving you is a great honor for us.\""

Also, Aivu, your Azata dragon companion is super cute -
":
"/- I'm sorry, Aivu, but I don't want to play, - Lann desperately tries to stop the dragon from talking about it. - But if you promise to behave... and I mean behave real good! Then I'll get you a pirate tricorn./

How you actually become a Lich -
{n}Zacharius bursts out laughing and nods, clearly satisfied.{/n} \"Now begins the great transformation! Now begins the sacramental rite!\""
},
{

"\"I would say it is painful. This time, you will actually die. Before that, though, you will have to endure great suffering. Whether you handle it or die in the process depends on your determination alone.\""
},
{

"\"Immortality, the eternal amulet that will prevent your soul from departing this life to Pharasma's judgment. And power — phenomenal power that will grant you the right to reign supreme over death itself.\""
},
{

{n}Zacharius explodes with triumphant laughter which reverberates with the long-awaited promise of freedom he had sought for many years.{/n} \"I will not ask how far you are willing to go and what you are willing to sacrifice for your power... For the only sacrifice in this ritual is you. Let us proceed!\""

"{n}Despite your resistance, a spectral power tears you out of your own body.{/n}"
},
{

"{n}Resigning itself to the spectral power, your spirit is smoothly released from the mortal body.{/n}"
},
{

"{n}Suddenly, the spectral power disappears. Everything around you freezes. You look at your own breathless body with unexpected curiosity. And yet nothing happens.{/n}"
},
{

{n}Spectral fingers grasp your very being with immense power. Their predatory grip causes pain and odd numbness. You feel as though a power unknown is trying to rip your soul from your body. And it succeeds, too. You feel you're drifting apart from your body. Your heartbeat slows down, becoming distant and barely perceptible.{/n}"

Our undead teacher shines light on what really goes on with the mythic power -
"\"How odd... Right when the spirit was being expelled, I discovered a strange arcane connection between you and... something. Or someone. The connection is strong, yet I completely fail to understand its nature. Have you ever been enchanted? Personally blessed by a god? No, that's not it...\""

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Goddamn, Lich is fucking based -
you build a gigantic ziggurat in Drezen, so that your teacher who is a lich you freed from his imprisonment can cast rituals to prepare your soul for the transfer to lichdom. He builds a giant pillar of skulls there, almost like the one in Avernus in D&D, then this pillar becomes your advisor(s). You swear fealty to Urgathoa, become a lich, gather undead, including aristocratic vampires from Geb and all over the neighbouring countries. Get war declared on you by Mendev, then solve a minor civil war between the followers of the goddess and more free thinking undead, and finally place a curse on the former Sarkoris, so that Pharasma gets mad enough to send her most powerful planar servants against you. Then you pwn her minions and basically become a minor deity by granting spells to your undead followers. You can also resurrect demons from the dead with the help of Orcus or Urgathoa. Hooo, boy.

What about the Demon path?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom