Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Tytus

Arcane
ae71cZi.jpg

Oh for fuck's sake.

This was a thing in CK2 as well, not sure if the mechanic is exactly the same though. In CK2, if someone refuses a title revocation, they start a war against the tyranny and they seem to give all the vassals the option to join. I got this prompt many times when playing as a vassal and it was just a binary yes/no thing. I wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to the AI choosing to join or not, either in CK2 or 3.

I don't have CK2 installed to check, bu I think it was opinion based there - if the AI liked the rebel more than the liege, they tended to join. I think. Here, it's something else. I did notice that repeatedly reloading and starting a rebellion always causes the same vassals to join, so it's not completely random, there is some reason behind it. Beats me what that is though.

Harthwain

Magister
I don't have CK2 installed to check, bu I think it was opinion based there - if the AI liked the rebel more than the liege, they tended to join. I think. Here, it's something else. I did notice that repeatedly reloading and starting a rebellion always causes the same vassals to join, so it's not completely random, there is some reason behind it. Beats me what that is though.
I think there are different catalysts in play:

1) If you want to imprison a member of a faction, then members of that faction will rebel alongside that person.

2) Vassals can only be members of a single faction, so - for example - if you have faction X, Y and Z, only members from faction X will join if you try to imprison a member of faction X. Same goes for Y and Z, respectively.

3) In the case of imprisoning someone who doesn't belong to a particular faction (no yellow text warning you about faction revolting) it says: "If you fail to imprison X he will raise in rebellion with other disgruntled Vassals". "Disgruntled Vassals" sounds like "anyone who doesn't like you enough + anyone who isn't allied to you + anyone who isn't scared by you (by your level of Dread). I wonder if it does exclude members of particular factions... Not sure.

... anyone who isn't scared by you (by your level of Dread).

I think you got it. Dread is the new element in CK3, everything else we already had in CK2. I just ran a quick test, trying to revoke a county at 0 and than at 100 dread. At 0 dread half the realm joins the rebellion, regardless of factions, opinions, alliances, power, anything and everything. At 100 only two vassals joined the rebellion, and one of them was the target's ally. The other was ambitious, arrogant and had quite a bit of dread of his own.

So yeah, when dealing with non-faction rebellions only dread matters. And while I agree that dread should play a large part here, I really think high opinion and alliances with the liege should also factor into AI decision here. Oh well, mods will fix it I'm sure.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I miss old times when in CK2 you could join Hermetic Society and research cool shit like guns and plate armour , travel and collect artifacts, destroy laboratories of your faggot rivals. I hope that paracucks will quickly add missing content.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Mod for fervour going up when you win a holy war is out.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2229532952

Is there a mod for weakening the fervor-draining effects of random-ass bishops being pervy? Because it gets old fast. "Oh, some bishop can't keep it in his pants. Time to half of France to embrace Catharism." Catholicism seems immensely weak in my game.
Yes there is, it changes penalty from 10 to 5, i dont remember its name tho

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's pretty fun to be the only righteous Catholic vassal in a heretical Cathar kingdom. The kings regularly demands conversion and if you refuse he can arrest you. And of course he offers the best educators for your heir to convert them. Luckily I formed a liberty faction and when the king sent me a note that he wanted to arrest me for refusing conversion, I could drag some other vassals into the war.

If I win I shall get a hook to change the vassal contract granting my character religious freedom. The vassal contracts are an addition I like, it better reflects the personal aspect of vassalage and the countless little privileges and freedoms various vassals had.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
The vassal contracts are an addition I like, it better reflects the personal aspect of vassalage and the countless little privileges and freedoms various vassals had.

Vassal Contract is definitively one of the best additions to the franchise. It really makes every vassal more unique.
Much like secrets that's a very limited version of a major mechanic I developed for my game. Maybe they'll do a whole DLC on it and flesh it out to something actually interesting. Paradox loves to add mechanics that are like 50% of the way to awesome and never improve them, though.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Hahaha I was just playing as that one big Hindu Afghan, my Muslim neighbor started a war for my duchy title. I surrendered and the guy vassalizes me. Right afterwards he not only gives me back my duchy title, he gives me MORE counties of it than I had before AND made me his marshal.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Did a Georgia play, plays a bit easier than CKII. Then again, my cousin or whatever won independence super early.

Middle ages the cadet branches go a bit crazy for holding land in the same Realm. Like brothers would do it.

I've also seen my son inherent Dynasty head from my father. Huh?

But okay, this is initial release state.

Harthwain

Magister
If I win I shall get a hook to change the vassal contract granting my character religious freedom. The vassal contracts are an addition I like, it better reflects the personal aspect of vassalage and the countless little privileges and freedoms various vassals had.
I had a situation where some pathetic Count lady forced herself into my council by getting a hook on me and guaranteeing herself a position, thus she became my Steward. Not only she had terrible skill, but was also forcing out some Powerful Vassal who had pretty good skill. At the time I wanted to keep vassals in line (stabilize the realm while I was still a kid), so it was really bad news for me. I sent my Spymaster to get a hook on her, but since SHE already changed her contract I couldn't change it back. I find this part ("contract was already changed") annoying. I ended up finding out she had a lover, meaning I could send her to prison, which fixed the problem.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I had a situation where some pathetic Count lady forced herself into my council by getting a hook on me and guaranteeing herself a position, thus she became my Steward. Not only she had terrible skill, but was also forcing out some Powerful Vassal who had pretty good skill. At the time I wanted to keep vassals in line (stabilize the realm while I was still a kid), so it was really bad news for me. I sent my Spymaster to get a hook on her, but since SHE already changed her contract I couldn't change it back. I find this part ("contract was already changed") annoying. I ended up finding out she had a lover, meaning I could send her to prison, which fixed the problem.

Was murder not an option?

That vassal contract option is the devil. I inherited a kingdom with one dude who had it. No problem, whatever, he was an OK spymaster. Around 40 years later due to multiple partition successions I suddenly realize I have 4 dukes who have it because each heir will inherit the same contract. Fuck my court. I guess you can basically use that contract as a poison pill for any title you are about to lose.

Genetics play a role and parents' features can be inherited. In the picture the chick has the plague which doesn't help her looks.

So, the real inheritance game will be breeding for big boobs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom