Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Have any of you received the physical goods for the Kickstarter? I only have the boardgame, which was sent a long time ago, before the game's release.
About a year ago they sent a message to backers to finalize the shipping addresses, but no word since then.

prengle

Savant
Have any of you received the physical goods for the Kickstarter? I only have the boardgame, which was sent a long time ago, before the game's release.
About a year ago they sent a message to backers to finalize the shipping addresses, but no word since then.
i am too fucking lazy to pull out any kind of source for this (source?? do you have a source??) but i think theyre still pretty hellbent on getting kickstarter rewards out, which is likely one of the reasons why theyre not interested in doing more crowdfunding atm
its been long enough that i wouldnt be surprised if ipl makes some kind of formal announcement soon

Physical rewards for indie kickstarters are massive mistakes. Such a waste - think about how much additional costs there are in the whole process of manufacturing, QC'ing, and distributing every little item that is to be sent out and how much that ends up detracting from the main development effort both financially and logistically. There is a reason why the more business-savvy devs are starting to catch on and only offer digital rewards in their kickstarters (alright, I only know about StudioFOW doing that, but who can doubt their business acumen? They make people coom.)

Physical rewards are cool indulgent memes and IPL are mad artists so this was pretty much inevitable, though.

prengle

Savant
https://teletype.in/@icepicklodge/6Y5GpS2c4

"What we do at Ice-Pick Lodge": new games, plans and more
2cb01ad7-3ec8-4af0-b8dc-80f08a530765.jpeg

Ice-Pick Lodge here.We gather for you some info about what’s happening at Ice-Pick Lodge these days. New games, fresh blood and future plans. Without further ado let’s see what we've cooked up:

There are 4 projects at different development stages at the moment. One of these is the promised continuation of Pathologic 2.We’re live and kicking, and ready to move mountains. The studio attracted some fresh blood and ideas. And as for social media, we'll be telling you more about what’s happening inside Ice-Pick Lodge.The games we’re working on have an equal creative value and are being led by different people. All three games except Bachelor’s story are small ones.Each of them is an author’s work of a particular individual from Ice-Pick Lodge. We’d wish to see the studio as an independent creative community where every person is free to express and implement his bold ideas. It is for this reason that the games will differ widely as to both their design and spirit.For the time being we are not ready to announce the release dates. Although they will become clearer during this year. You will definitely hear more about the projects and their creators during 2020. So stay tuned!

And now for the games!

1. Know by heart (First on PC/PS4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch. Later on iPhone/Android)

A nostalgic project led by Ayrat Zakirov, the CTO of Ice-Pick Lodge. Events of the game will unfold in the Russian province. The protagonist, Misha, is about to reunite with his childhood friends after spending a long time apart. Together they will revisit old memories, rediscover common ground, and rekindle their friendship. Alas, this joyous reunion will soon be ruined by something beyond their control.

4a7cdce7-89e8-4132-8cd5-0bc44fbf30f5.jpeg

2. Neuro Skazka (iOS/Android)

Neuro Skazka is a mobile author’s work by Nemo Soda who has recently joined us. The game deals with the evolution of a universe grown below the cranial vault of a god which falls asleep. The god’s brain is an equivalent of a solar system, and planets are its neurons. The player will have to turn the celestial bodies into full-fledged anthropomorphic creatures endowed with mind and identity. Neuro Skazka is a new way of looking at a classical “evolution” genre through the prism of bio horror.

160c54dc-7f16-43e3-9489-7e40153309d2.jpeg

3. Franz (iOS/Android)

Franz is a lab experiment of Nikolai Dybovski that grew out from the reflections about the possible game mechanics which could appear in Bachelor’s story. The main idea is to test the limits of control. It is a variation of a Chinese room argument that was first presented by philosopher John Searle. The concept is focused on criticism of artificial intelligence and how it is being perceived by a neutral observer. Is it true that we have full control over the game? Or is there a chance that it just gives us such a feeling?

a9b96427-7a65-464d-b04e-303e19b123a3.jpeg

4. Pathologic 2: "Bachelor's scenario"

The continuation of Pathologic 2 should not be treated lightly. The first chapter showed us all the pros and cons of our game design. We’d want to take into account all the mistakes we made and raise the bar higher. But this takes some time. We’re looking for a way to make the Bachelor’s gameplay quite different from the one you’ve experienced during the Haruspex. And we want to achieve this goal using the instruments we already have. Nikolai is writing the script. Everyone's busy doing their own thing. You will see the game in the foreseeable future.

4056d153-4050-4db2-baa4-cb6820418ee9.jpeg

Real Nikolai's writing the real Bachelor's script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
IPL putted a poll on studio's VK page, about creating the Patreon.

Sadly, there seems to be a pretty low level of trust from the audience. People in comments en masse are telling "Nah, Dybowki, you'll take our money and do no content"

43% YES vs. 38% NOT SURE

almost 2000 voted :negative:

prengle

Savant
Patreon, seriously? Are they running on fumes or what?

well, they failed to write even the "next week" update after that poll (published: 31 July) so I think Patreon will not materialise.

Also Pathologic Classic HD is on sale for...50 cents, I think?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/384110/Pathologic_Classic_HD/
i dont think theres ever been a time in the last two or so years where you couldnt buy pchd for the price of a mcchicken (the best fast food sandwich)

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Patreon, seriously? Are they running on fumes or what?

well, they failed to write even the "next week" update after that poll (published: 31 July) so I think Patreon will not materialise.

Also Pathologic Classic HD is on sale for...50 cents, I think?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/384110/Pathologic_Classic_HD/
i dont think theres ever been a time in the last two or so years where you couldnt buy pchd for the price of a mcchicken (the best fast food sandwich)

mysterious are IPL ways
short on money they are

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
(the best fast food sandwich)
I used to work in MD seven years ago, as a cleaner - night shifts. So, it's 3AM, manager is away, I come to the kitchen to make myself some McChicken. A double McChicken. With a piece of cheese between the patties and piece of bacon on top of it. And all of this while being completely stoned on the finest hash. Man, some things you just can not buy.

prengle

Savant
I used to work in MD seven years ago, as a cleaner - night shifts. So, it's 3AM, manager is away, I come to the kitchen to make myself some McChicken. A double McChicken. With a piece of cheese between the patties and piece of bacon on top of it. And all of this while being completely stoned on the finest hash. Man, some things you just can not buy.
the mcchicken copypasta is likely older than the rosetta stone, although if i'm being completely honest i would still gladly kill for a vat of freshly cooked mickey dees(tm) fries at 4 am.
Yes. Like original Tension, not murican-adapted The Void.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/37000/discussions/0/152392549360668529

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
(probably slightly drunk) Dybovsky have personally appeared in VK comments to some controversial post and stated that "Bachelor script is finally in production, so I think it will take a year to make this happen".

See you in late 2021, folks!

:negative:

lol what the fuck is that post. I mean everything besides the news about Bachelor's scenario (which I understood as a more optimistic "I think we will get it done in under a year" but obviously that might very well be too optimistic). Who is this Alexandra person (does Nikolai mean she is his biological, adopted, or figurative daughter in addition to being his student and coworker?), who is leaking her intimate correspondences, and why is Nikolai low-key admitting to sending people weird shit "some nights when [he] gets really drunk."

Nothing like vkontakte drama I swear them slavbois be wacko, yo

EDIT: I see, this woman who is supposedly Nikolai's prodigy did a recent interview with a russian site and then it was leaked that she was talking shit about IPL back in like 2018 or whatever so Nikolai showed up to defend her. Dumb slav drama move along I thought it was getting into #MeToo territory since Nick-sama used the word "intimate" to refer to leaked logs which I took to mean sexual but I guess uh its just like slavs being slavs or whatever

Now let me drink myself silly so that I can forget about being a hohol

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I thought they already have a script and it's just the game itself needs to be made.

I guess he meant that script IS FINALLY READY and the Episode 2 production itself finally started at some point.

I was sure that production was going on for some time, because HEY IT IS A FUCKING YEAR AND 3 MONTHS SINCE HARUSPEX CAMPAIGN ALREADY! but no, it seems, that all this time Dybovsky was writing a script.

One year of development? :: fabuluously optimistic::

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
holy shit this game is GOOD

capital G GOOD. can't believe i didn't play this at release. also props for using the oedipus story correctly. it always irks me oedipus complex is the term for mother love, while the moral of the story is more of a determinism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom