Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MASS EFFECT 5 - yes or no

Tytus

Arcane
some faces looked silly.

The best indicator of MEA's messy development was that at launch, 90% of all Asari had the same face, including more important NPCs, and they thought this was perfectly fine.

Lol.

Pure lies!

There were two Asari faces.
The one for Peebee and the one for every other Asari :P

I tried to scrub my memory of MEA, but didn't they try to base one of the Asari faces off natalie dormer?

Oh god, where did they fail so hard?

Natalie-Dormer.jpg

Yzw0l36Bj_gZR9aCka4E08n_LNYHMpQlHLQvKnuH3Z4.jpg

The doctor Asari has the same face as all the other.
So if they moddeled her face on Natalie Dormer, all Asari except Peebee have her face.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The best indicator of MEA's messy development was that at launch, 90% of all Asari had the same face, including more important NPCs, and they thought this was perfectly fine.

I don't think that was ever improved. There are two Asari in the game with distinct faces IIRC, PB and the doctor on board your ship, the rest all look like identical clones.

Yes, the development was messy in parts. Though, in most places it was AAA or at least competently done, on the other hand, facial design, animation and customization, ... I don't know what happened. They ran out of time and didn't have the right team for the job. Who knows, and honestly who cares? It wouldn't have changed the game one iota.

They did not make MEA for people who liked ME1, they tried to appeal to those people, but it did not work and they ended up with something that pleased very few.

That's too pedantic. MEA was made with ME1 as a template for gameplay, look and feel and story. This probably appeals to people who liked ME1, but Bioware didn't specifically make it for ME1 fans. This is a distinction without meaning.

It was not as intelligent as the first game, but it was not like the third game either.

Well, yes it's nothing like the second or third game and MEA was definitely more intelligent than ME2 and ME3, which were hot garbage in all departments. The appeal to those absolute
decline.png
is a mystery to me.

But that's another topic, surely.

The characters especially were bad because they didn't have to strong world-attachment as in the first game, where they had to represent and teach you about the world, but they had none of the color or flavor of the ones from Mass Effect 2, just boring.

I couldn't even begin to tell you about the characters in ME2, they were that forgettable. Boring. Derivative. Every single one was just a "problem" to solve, a quest to achieve. They were ciphers.

I don't even remember any, except the black one because he was so fucking annoying. The rest just blend together into the generic Bioware sidekick.

I'll grant you that MEA is no better, but spare me the faux praise for the hot garbage that was ME2 and it's "characters". Dumb, derivative, boring.

On all fronts MEA was neutered, it did not make for a good standalone story

That's a very subjective claim. Here's one from me: ME2 was neutered and didn't make for a good standalone story.

See how productive this is!
cool_story_bro.png

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
If you want to praise Andromeda for enemy variety you have to praise ME3 as well which had even more enemy variety.

I wasn't praising MEA. Just stating facts. Stop putting words in my mouth. But here's a quote for you: ME3 was hot garbage and was pure
decline.png

And yet it feels really hollow.

Not really, it feels fine. Any other subjective thoughts?

MEA combat is very floaty.

Why waste your time and ours with subjective and worthless statements?

The guns doesn't have this punch, shooting enemies feels like using a pellet gun (especially at the start).

More subjective statements, without meaning.

ME3 combat was more static but also felt much better.

More subjective etc.

And there too many bullet sponge enemies.

This is actually incorrect, it's only bullet-spongy for those who don't take the time to learn the strategy, use the appropriate builds and apply this against enemies.

Also because of the balancing issues some of the guns in Andromeda are really useless especially when you craft like two very good guns to switch over.

There have always been useless weapons in the series. This is well past the point of sperging on your part. Complaining that there exist useless weapons in the game. I don't even

DAI, yes. By an order of magnitude. DAI is the single worst story I have ever seen in a Bioware game. Period.

It goes above and beyond in fedora faggotry, pomo drivel and ... but that's beyond the scope of this thread. Point is, I did not mention DAI flippantly. It's worse than Anthem, which was just stupid and bland.

While it had shit combat, the characters, the story and variety in missions were much better.

Now you're just making shit up. Every single "mission" that wasn't part of the main story in DAI, was a collect-a-thon, which had nothing to do with the main mission or the world.

That's a fact. If you liked the pomo story and the faggy characters, that's on you buddy, but the missions are unquestionably better designed in MEA. It's claims like this that make me wonder: have you actually played MEA?

To be honest Andromeda and Inquisition share most of the dame problems when it comes to quest design, wokeness, retconing the lore etc.

That's such a disingenuous and overly facile claim. No, to be honest, you're wrong. Quest design was bizarrely simple in DAI, non-story related and always of the same type. Collect things. This is not the case in MEA. That's just a fact.

Wokeness, I'm not rehashing that, if you didn't already read what I wrote above, then you're not really discussing this in good faith.

Retconing the lore, whatever. It's been retconned in every single game. Again, not really a claim made in good faith.

But where DAI wins some points back with the story and characters Andromeda just falls flat on its face.

OK, now you have to say what exactly is good about the DAI story. These empty claims are getting quite stupid, on your part, if you aren't going to back them up with examples, instead of declarations on "how you feel" about something.

In other words: put up or shut up.

And yet the Single Player quests were much better than anything Andromeda was able to present us with.

More subjective declarations. You just declare things, as if that makes it magically true. Examples, please. Name the best MEA quest and how that pales in comparison with the MMO.

Same thing can be said for Andromeda.
"But worse than that, Andromeda was created instead ME4".

Thank goodness for that, since "ME4" implies that it would be a derivative of the decline train that was ME2 and ME3. You just stepped right into that one.

It did? By what measure?

Now I'm just beginning to suspect you are mentally challenged.

You mean the Nomad? Which are actually just ME2 driving sections expanded upon? You still drive in basically hand crafted corridors but now the enemies respawn!

And you've evidently never played MEA. That's factually wrong.

Since you never played the game and are just posting either fabricated drivel or subjective drivel, I'm checking out of this aspberger post of yours.

What a fucking waste of time to reply to this.

Padzi

Arbiter
Probably too long for his own good. Poor guy have lost good taste.

Really, in a Mass Effect thread? Nobody posting here has any ground to claim to have "good taste".

It really comes down to what kind of shlock you like; for people who liked ME1, and thought ME2 was hot garbage, they made MEA.

For people who liked ME2, they made DAI.

If I were and admin I would give you a badge under your avarar - Andrometard. Where the mods when you need them?

Tytus

Arcane
But here's a quote for you: ME3 was hot garbage and was pure

What happened to credit is due?
If you are giving credit to MEA for enemy variety you need to give credit to ME3 and more so. Or are "giving credit" MEA for some other subjective reasons ;)
"Acknowledge this user's agenda"

Thank goodness for that, since "ME4" implies that it would be a derivative of the decline train that was ME2 and ME3. You just stepped right into that one.

MEA wasn't derivative. Woah. And you are calling me mentally challenged. Talk about glass houses.

And you've evidently never played MEA. That's factually wrong.
|

LoL you mean all those ramps on Eos or all those mountains that funnel you in Cadara? Factually wrong my ass. It's nice that you were impressed by pretty graphics
Even the Turian Golden world that is most similar to ME1 planets funnels your through with unpassable canyons.
You clearly are blind or something :P

More subjective etc.

Sure shooting combat is subjective to some degree but those are basics aspects of game design we are talking here about. If you are making two 2D shooters and one fast moving pellets that hit the target with little to no visual effect and the other has sounds effects, shaking screen, interesting visuals which combat feels better? That's the point. Andromeda is lacking in all of that compared to ME2 or ME3. Especially the melee combat. You can call it subjective all you want but those actual aesthetic/sound design/graphic design features that are missing. Instead you got double jump. And if you like shit like that all power to you. But that's subjective.

There have always been useless weapons in the series.

Never to this degree. Andromeda being closer to looter shooter than previous games makes this aspect worse. And it's the fault of the underlying design but you don't even.

DAI, yes. By an order of magnitude. DAI is the single worst story I have ever seen in a Bioware game. Period.

More subjective declarations. You just declare things, as if that makes it magically true.

Enlighten me please. What is better about Andromeda's story compated to Andromeda. Put up or shut up ;)

Now I'm just beginning to suspect you are mentally challenged.

Awww, poor baby, got triggered?

:butthurt:

wahrk

Learned
I don't even remember any, except the black one because he was so fucking annoying. The rest just blend together into the generic Bioware sidekick.

You don’t remember any of the companions except for the blandest companion in the game?

Tytus

Arcane

You don’t remember any of the companions except for the blandest companion in the game?

Don't engage him. At this point he is trying to sound like he was lobotomized.
It seems to be some barely concealed sexual fetish.

jackofshadows

Magister
And yet there are still such stupid moments like taking homosexuals/transsexuals on this trip. Where the goal is to build colonies and populate them. Every human family needs to have at least 3 children so the civilization can grow, but hey let's take people that will make this harder.
Come on, man, don't be silly. At such point population process should rely purely on artificial insemination.
Yes, the development was messy in parts. Though, in most places it was AAA or at least competently done, on the other hand, facial design, animation and customization, ... I don't know what happened.
They were heavily understaffed, especially in animation department (surprise-surprise) which has been understaffed the whole actual production process after juggling of ideas was finally over.

Praising MEA even in ME+DA:I games context exclusively a quite unpopular opinion but I'm also don't think that MEA was a hot garbage. A passable game, really, if you got time. But I'm a weirdo myself because I really like ME3, especially dynamic combat, grim atmosphere and some character interactions.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
If I were and admin I would give you a badge under your avarar - Andrometard. Where the mods when you need them?

I'm sure your opinion on this matter will be duly considered. After all, your opinion is important.

Says the sperg who posted a wall of text about his feelings towards some game, while being very clear that you've never even played it.

Well, since we're going personal, let's do it properly.

Well, I'll give you the credit for the most retarded and worthless posts in this thread.

If you are giving credit to MEA for enemy variety you need to give credit to ME3 and more so.

No, I don't have to. You making unsubstantiated dumbass claims is not worth responding to. You are an idiot, but worse you are a fucking drooling ape, which thinks his opinions are facts.

Once again, you think because you have an opinion, that makes it true.

That's the magical thinking of a simian.
cool_story_bro.png

MEA wasn't derivative. Woah. And you are calling me mentally challenged. Talk about glass houses.

More fucking subjective drivel.

LoL you mean all those ramps on Eos or all those mountains that funnel you in Cadara? Factually wrong my ass.

Double down on the fact that you never played the game! Wow, no that's all factually wrong.

Bizarre that you insist on proving that you don't know what you're talking about. There are no corridors, which you claimed. Here, I'll quote it again, so people can point and laugh at the shit eating retard:

You mean the Nomad? Which are actually just ME2 driving sections expanded upon? You still drive in basically hand crafted corridors but now the enemies respawn!

What the fuck is that drivel? Imagine being so fucking deluded that you think it's possible to argue about a game you've never played with a person who has.

I am literally laughing at you and that you exist. Wow, you are a special kind of stupid.

I played the game. That's the difference, asswipe. You're just doling out opinionated drivel, derived from your ass. What the hell is the point, if you never played the game??

That has to be the biggest mega-sperg I have seen on this forum, and I've seen quite a bit.

Sure shooting combat is subjective to some degree but those are basics aspects of game design we are talking here about.

So you concede that your drivel is in fact subjective.
cool_story_bro.png

If you are making two 2D shooters and one fast moving pellets that hit the target with little to no visual effect and the other has sounds effects, shaking screen, interesting visuals which combat feels better?

What the fuck am I reading? According to your inane logic, popamole awesombutton, visual spectacles are "better combat". You fucking neanderthal. Go kill yourself.

Andromeda is lacking in all of that compared to ME2 or ME3.

Again, you double down on the fact that you've never played MEA. That's some genius debate tactic, Einstein.

The objectively best thing about MEA, the one thing it does way, way better than ME2 and ME3, is combat.

This magical thinking aspberger is just bizarre. If you believe it, it will become real. You truly are a waste of oxygen.

More subjective declarations. You just declare things, as if that makes it magically true.

I told you, you sperging shiteating, chromosomally challenged ape, that DAI is not the subject of this thread and going into that cesspool of degeneracy is something I'm not touching in this thread.

Andromeda being closer to looter shooter than previous games makes this aspect worse.

Speaking of magical thinking. More magical thinking! Just say it, don't substantiate it, and it will be true.

I would probably instinctively piss on you, if I ever met you, you're such a beta.

Enlighten me please. What is better about Andromeda's story compated to Andromeda. Put up or shut up ;)

I think Andromeda's story is very similar to Andromeda, you fucking retard. Learn to write, shithead. You're just making you look more and more stupid with every word you write.

A case study in retardation.

Now it is confirmed, you are mentally challenged.

Tytus

Arcane

I'm sure your opinion on this matter will be duly considered. After all, your opinion is important.

Says the sperg who posted a wall of text about his feelings towards some game, while being very clear that you've never even played it.

Well, since we're going personal, let's do it properly.

Well, I'll give you the credit for the most retarded and worthless posts in this thread.

If you are giving credit to MEA for enemy variety you need to give credit to ME3 and more so.

No, I don't have to. You making unsubstantiated dumbass claims is not worth responding to. You are an idiot, but worse you are a fucking drooling ape, which thinks his opinions are facts.

cool_story_bro.png

More fucking subjective drivel.

LoL you mean all those ramps on Eos or all those mountains that funnel you in Cadara? Factually wrong my ass.

Double down on the fact that you never played the game! Wow, no that's all factually wrong.

Bizarre that you insist on proving that you don't know what you're talking about. There are no corridors, which you claimed. Here, I'll quote it again, so people can point and laugh at the shit eating retard:

What the fuck is that drivel? Imagine being so fucking deluded that you think it's possible to argue about a game you've never played with a person who has.

I am literally laughing at you and that you exist. Wow, you are a special kind of stupid.

I played the game. That's the difference, asswipe. You're just doling out opinionated drivel, derived from your ass. What the hell is the point, if you never played the game??

That has to be the biggest mega-sperg I have seen on this forum, and I've seen quite a bit.

Sure shooting combat is subjective to some degree but those are basics aspects of game design we are talking here about.

So you concede that your drivel is in fact subjective.
cool_story_bro.png

If you are making two 2D shooters and one fast moving pellets that hit the target with little to no visual effect and the other has sounds effects, shaking screen, interesting visuals which combat feels better?

What the fuck am I reading? According to your inane logic, popamole awesombutton, visual spectacles are "better combat". You fucking neanderthal. Go kill yourself.

Andromeda is lacking in all of that compared to ME2 or ME3.

Again, you double down on the fact that you've never played MEA. That's some genius debate tactic, Einstein.

The objectively best thing about MEA, the one thing it does way, way better than ME2 and ME3, is combat.

This magical thinking aspberger is just bizarre. If you believe it, it will become real. You truly are a waste of oxygen.

I told you, you sperging shiteating, chromosomally challenged ape, that DAI is not the subject of this thread and going into that cesspool of degeneracy is something I'm not touching in this thread.

Andromeda being closer to looter shooter than previous games makes this aspect worse.

Speaking of magical thinking. More magical thinking! Just say it, don't substantiate it, and it will be true.

I would probably instinctively piss on you, if I ever met you, you're such a beta.

I think Andromeda's story is very similar to Andromeda, you fucking retard. Learn to write, shithead. You're just making you look more and more stupid with every word you write.

A case study in retardation.

Now it is confirmed, you are mentally challenged.

K

J1M

Arcane
some faces looked silly.

Lol.

Pure lies!

There were two Asari faces.
The one for Peebee and the one for every other Asari :P

I tried to scrub my memory of MEA, but didn't they try to base one of the Asari faces off natalie dormer?

Oh god, where did they fail so hard?

Natalie-Dormer.jpg

It was intentional. Other people have posted before/after images here before, but there was a point in the game's development where they purposefully made all of the females less attractive. I can only assume this was done because they made the trans employees insecure.

Trotsky

Arcane
I don't get why people have any love for Jade Empire. Must be the famous nostalgia goggles.

With its clicky action combat, collecting colorful power ups, silly arcade sections, only 3 stats, no functioning inventory, reducing party size to 2 (PC and one companion) it's a much larger decline than DA2 and ME2. It's a wonder that after JE Bioware returned to creating more complex RPGs.

Jade Empire was overall good. There is also the problem of playing games late and not appreciating them by the standards of the era. Bioware could have done the easy thing and create a game set in feudal Japan a setting much more familiar to gamers. Instead they took the road less traveled basing their game on Chinese culture, history, myth, and civilization. Jade Empire is an excellent self contained experience my only major complaints being lack of replay value and pacing. The first problem was fixed in the PC version where you can start the game with your favorite previously unlocked fighting styles in a subsequent playthrough. The pacing problem remains however the game starts strong/fast, then becomes slow, at times it becomes very slow, and then ends very fast. A more consistent pace is preferable and the same could be applied to the difficulty. The combat is easy once you get a hand of things but some fights are pretty hard. The champion of the imperial arena might be the single greatest fighter in the game perhaps even stronger than the hero. Yes powerful Chinese crime syndicates control gambling and sports but their imperial arena champion was harder to fight than the primary antagonists. It's an optional fight doable after unlocking the strongest fighting style in the game but still. The lack of customization can also be attributed to Bioware needing to complete the game before the Xbox 360 launch hence why areas began to repeat a lot near the end. Jade Empire was probably the last good Xbox game/exclusive. The in game universe was large but we only got to see a few areas like the Golden Delta and Seat of Heaven. The Prosperous East and its rich port cities like Phoenix Gate, The Great Wall separating the empire from the horse lords, and The Hills of the Six Holy Scrolls were never shown. As for the companions I liked switching them between combat and support roles. I really liked some of the companion characters particularly the demon possessed child Wildflower who was unlike anything I've seen before or since though the rest were pretty standard. Had Jade Empire been a success and or Bioware remained with Microsoft in some way we could have been deep into a third installment now.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
By the standards of the era Jade Empire was a simplistic and mediocre game, far below the standards set by Knights of the Old Republic (based on pnp system, with 6 stats, numerous skills, rich inventory system and a larger party).

The setting was fresh (although not very original, mostly coping the setting of real ancient China with some magic thrown in) and the story not completely bad, but everything else was really substandard.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Cora was actually hot. Also Liam is Donald Grover for some reason.

This is a drawing, some kind of concept art. Obv. they wanted Liam to be "Don Glover", but weren't going to pay for the rights. So he's almost Don Glover in the final game.

It was intentional. Other people have posted before/after images here before, but there was a point in the game's development where they purposefully made all of the females less attractive.

Those incompetent developers made good models at some point.
thinking.png
Uh-huh.

So now, the devs are only incompetent when it suits the narrative, at other times they're competent, but malicious.

BTW, where are these attractive men they put in the game? You say they made the women ugly, where are the hot guys?

I can only assume this was done because they made the trans employees insecure.

You could, but that does screw up your "incompetent developers" argument. So which one are you going with?

Competent and talented devs with an agenda or incompetent hacks?
mystery.png

Tytus

Arcane
mystery.png

That's a contradiction only in your mind. They might as well been incompetent and have agenda ;)

Also you do realize a company is not some monolithic thing right? You can have some people possess actual talent and other not up to the AAA standard (for a lack of a better word).
And those more skilled people can't do everything themselves on a project this size.

So it could've been a mix of both.

BTW, where are these attractive men they put in the game? You say they made the women ugly, where are the hot guys?

If his narrative is true for the same reason MK10 women are butt ugly and covered up and men are attractive and half naked. Male gaze is bad, Femgaze (?) is a-ok.

If you want address his points at least educate yourself what his points are actually saying.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron

You found a graphics glitch video of a computer game on Youtube. Fucking genius.

You can literally do that with any game, ever.

facepalm.png

It's like you are determined to hammer down your retardedness for all posterity.

That's a contradiction only in your mind. They might as well been incompetent and have agenda ;)

While you are incompetent and have an agenda, you're not delivering anything of competence. So yes in this case it is a contradiction. In your case, it is not.

Also you do realize a company is not some monolithic thing right?
You can have some people possess actual talent and other not up to the AAA standard (for a lack of a better word).
And those more skilled people can't do everything themselves on a project this size.

That's an actually nuanced point, from a person who posts videos of graphic glitches - as if that's a nuanced representation of anything.

But yes, a company is not a monolithic thing, so the claim that there is a monolithic agenda is equally bizarre. Thanks for sinking your own argument.
cool_story_bro.png

So no, they can't be incompetent and with an agenda. The agenda would be lost in the incompetence, like your attempts at an argument.

If his narrative is true for the same reason MK10 women are butt ugly and covered up

I don't play garbage twitch fighting games. And there is no need to assume his made up narrative is true.

If you want address his points at least educate yourself what his points are actually saying.

I'm sorry, does he write in code? No. The drivel he's shoveling is exactly the same as was being shoveled back when the game came out. It's arrested development.

Concept art doesn't reflect the final product, and the fact that he thinks the guys are hot and the women not, probably tells another story entirely.

And here I thought this game was made for fags, but the fags are the most butthurt about it.

Tytus

Arcane
You found a graphics glitch video of a computer game on Youtube. Fucking genius.

You can literally do that with any game, ever.

facepalm.png

It's like you are determined to hammer down your retardedness for all posterity.

Nice of you to infer why I posted this while also getting all up in arms for "putting words in your mouth"

But yes, a company is not a monolithic thing, so the claim that there is a monolithic agenda is equally bizarre. Thanks for sinking your own argument.
cool_story_bro.png

Great of you to totally misunderstanding my point. But I already got used to that you lack any reading comprehension skills.
While the workers themselves are not monolithic and you can have competent and incompetent workers there is still this little thing called direction. You can have artist who actually can design a character and those who really struggle with it, but if the direction says we want this to look more like this, well that's it. Both of those artists will have redesign their work in according to the current "party line".

I don't play garbage twitch fighting games.

Great way to address the issue here mate with opinions presented as facts. ;)

But hey this just what you do.

Concept art doesn't reflect the final product,

Of course not, but it shows what the artist created as a placeholder and how it was later revised when the order from up above came ;)

and the fact that he thinks the guys are hot and the women not

Probably I don't consider any character from Andromeda attractive ;)

You are an idiot, but worse you are a fucking drooling ape, which thinks his opinions are facts.

cool_story_bro.png

The amount of projection and lack of self-awerness is so amazing. You should change your nickname from Atlantico to Projector ;)

J1M

Arcane
Cora was actually hot. Also Liam is Donald Grover for some reason.

This is a drawing, some kind of concept art. Obv. they wanted Liam to be "Don Glover", but weren't going to pay for the rights. So he's almost Don Glover in the final game.

It was intentional. Other people have posted before/after images here before, but there was a point in the game's development where they purposefully made all of the females less attractive.

Those incompetent developers made good models at some point.
thinking.png
Uh-huh.

So now, the devs are only incompetent when it suits the narrative, at other times they're competent, but malicious.

I can only assume this was done because they made the trans employees insecure.

You could, but that does screw up your "incompetent developers" argument. So which one are you going with?

mystery.png
Actually, it is entirely consistent with my position that "Andromeda was ruined by poor decisions that were ideologically driven".

You do understand that around 200 people worked on the game? As I said earlier, the environmental artists knew what they were doing. Programmers focused on the engine did too. Animators, not so much. Doesn't change the fact that some very bad decisions were made for very questionable reasons.

Poseidon00

Arcane
I just can't get over that autistic Asari in Andromeda. Just what the absolute fuck. These stupid fucking characters that are basically distilled social media and have the same social graces as their Reddit tier writers are just so fucking bad. Obvious self-inserts. Reminds me of Neera.

Oh, that would be a no. 1-3 are good but they obviously can't replicate what made them okay.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Nice of you to infer why I posted this while also getting all up in arms for "putting words in your mouth"

You don't have to play stupid, that's your default mode, sunshine.

Great of you to totally misunderstanding my point. But I already got used to that you lack any reading comprehension skills.

My dear Tytus, whatever made you think I care about what you think about me?

While the workers themselves are not monolithic and you can have competent and incompetent workers there is still this little thing called direction. You can have artist who actually can design a character and those who really struggle with it, but if the direction says we want this to look more like this, well that's it. Both of those artists will have redesign their work in according to the current "party line".

This is such tortured logic, but I've already addressed this bizarre train of thought.

Clearly Bioware is both incredibly competent and incompetent. The incompetent people just hire and direct the competent people. Except when they don't
mystery.png
mystery.png
because reasons.

This is now a multi-layered conspiracy and Kremlinology on how Bioware develops games.

Here's what actually is known to have happened: the people responsible for human animations, screwed up big time. Nobody has a clue why or how that happened. It was later fixed, making this a non-story.

Great way to address the issue here mate with opinions presented as facts. ;)

But hey this just what you do.

Yes, it's my opinion that twitch fighting games are garbage, so I don't waste my time on them - that's a fact. Are you telling me, my opinion is objectively wrong?

Did you eat paint as a child?

Of course not, but it shows what the artist created as a placeholder and how it was later revised when the order from up above came ;)

Do you have anything that substantially supports this narrative, other than your anus? No.

That should tell you something.

Probably I don't consider any character from Andromeda attractive ;)

Well that proves it then, everyone is ugly in MEA, thus there is no conspiracy to make women ugly. It's an equal opportunity incompetence!

The amount of projection and lack of self-awerness is so amazing. You should change your nickname from Atlantico to Projector ;)

And you should change yours from Tytus to Anus, reflecting the orifice you are most comfortable talking out of.
cool_story_bro.png

Actually, it is entirely consistent with my position that "Andromeda was ruined by poor decisions that were ideologically driven".

Your "position"? That's synonymous with "opinion".

You treat your opinion as a fact, but it isn't.

It's just opinionated regurgitation of the same drivel that was espoused when MEA was released.

This begs the question: Why do you even have such a strong opinion of the development of a game you never played, don't have any hard information about, and aren't even interested in? Bizarre, to say the least.

You do understand that around 200 people worked on the game? As I said earlier, the environmental artists knew what they were doing. Programmers focused on the engine did too. Animators, not so much. Doesn't change the fact that some very bad decisions were made for very questionable reasons.

So the environmental artists knew what they were doing, so did the programmers - but the animators didn't?

What about the woke conspiracy?

That's the narrative a certain J1M was espousing... I wonder what happened to that guy?

It was intentional. Other people have posted before/after images here before, but there was a point in the game's development where they purposefully made all of the females less attractive. I can only assume this was done because they made the trans employees insecure.

Oh hey, that's *you*! Except now, you're claiming it was just the incompetence of animators, but according to the post before (quoted here) it was all a woke conspiracy to appease the "trans employees".

Which is it then? Personally, I'd go with the incompetent animators story, seeing as they actually tried to fix the animations after becoming a joke on the internet, and didn't really succeed much.

And if the designers deliberately made women ugly, where are the handsome men?
mystery.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom