Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

vazha

Arcane
I am very flattered that you'd think I could do any such thing but I am a complete imbecile when it comes to anything but actually playing the game. Could you be an absolute lad and do me a favour (if its not too much to ask), if I were to send you the custom scenario mod I ve got running?
p.s. I think regularly there are 6 or 8 men in reserve? but I'd be fine with 4 even, for events and archer rotation.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
A thousand thanks, O Broest of Bros, may your champions spawn with two famed items each time!
It doesnt work for a scenario i am running right now though, this one (the half-giant) : https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/265
Any chance you could wiz it the way so that I'd have 16 men in this one here as well?
p.s. Mind if I'll post that lone wolf limit removal on Reddit (with attribution of course)? People are asking for a mod like this quite often.

Parabalus

Arcane
just comparing damage output ignores that when you really need someone for a particular purpose, you really fucking need them, and you'll be glad that you have them

archers take way too long to get effective
no

For what?

I think I'll only miss them in Goblin city, I'm liking handgonne/throwers far more vs everything else.
sniping in all sorts of situations; doing damage from a distance at a moment's notice without having to leg it with a melee bro (especially when you can't), applying multiple overwhelms, getting a wound in, getting that little ounce of damage in to get the kill, to get the rout - all sorts of opportunities present themselves, good to capitalise on them

I'm not saying you should have many or that going without is wrong, I'm just saying you'll be glad to have one when you need them

Did the goblin city, and my archer had 150ish dmg, while the two handgonne/throwers had 1000 and 700ish. They all have 100ish RA, archer has a named bow.
Fast shot had mostly <60% CTH (couldn't trigger LW), while the guns had >90%. Obviously the bow got unlucky rolls but still the gap is huge.

Haven't found the witch hut yet, maybe I'll miss my usual bow backline there.

just comparing damage output ignores that when you really need someone for a particular purpose, you really fucking need them, and you'll be glad that you have them

archers take way too long to get effective
no

For what?

I think I'll only miss them in Goblin city, I'm liking handgonne/throwers far more vs everything else.
Mass hangonnes are a bit of a liability vs Hexes or Unholds.
Besides bows have the range to take out squishy necromancers and other backline support.

Vs single beasts/opponents you take out the throwing weapons, they do more damage than bows.

AMG

Arbiter
vazha
Unzip the mod, open the scenario file in text editor (it will be in scenarios folder) and change this line
this.World.Assets.m.BrothersMax = 12;
to whatever you want. Zip it back up and that's it. You can also make some other trival adjustments if you want, most of it is pretty self explanatory even if you never seen program code in your life.

AMG

Arbiter
As for bows, I also started doubting their usefulness as of late, did they increase RDEF on everything in some patch? I remember hitchances being better but maybe I'm wrong.
I build my archers as hybrids anyway, but they never seem to do much with their bows against anything that's not goblins or bandits, which get steamrolled after you gear up anyway.

vazha

Arcane
vazha
Unzip the mod, open the scenario file in text editor (it will be in scenarios folder) and change this line
this.World.Assets.m.BrothersMax = 12;
to whatever you want. Zip it back up and that's it. You can also make some other trival adjustments if you want, most of it is pretty self explanatory even if you never seen program code in your life.
How do I open a cnut file with a text editor? tried opening it with wordpad or notepad and it gives out some mumbo-jumbo corrupted text :/

oscar

Arcane
Enemy archers (especially at night) feel like free kills. Four archers might be lucky to land a single hit on your bros across the entire fight.

Ranged is entirely for tricking the AI into advancing into your positioning.

I don't know about that, jack, the only ever truly bullshit fight I got was the very first one
The thing is that you can win the first 5 fights eez at level 5/6 and then face a swordmaster and 2 raiders in the gear fight. I cant wint that, I have 5% cth on the swordmaster.

if (this.World.Statistics.getFlags().getAsInt("ArenaFightsWon") >= 5) {
F = "IsSwordmaster",
}
if (this.Const.DLC.Wildmen && this.World.Statistics.getFlags().getAsInt("ArenaFightsWon") >= 15)
F = "IsSwordmasterChampion",
}

The separate Arena diff multiplier seems to be clamped between 0.75 and 5. And scales linearly off days+fights and company strength. At ~400 days you max out.
company_strength*0.01^0.95 + (days + fights) * 0.01
function getScaledDifficultyMult()
{
local p = this.World.State.getPlayer().getStrength();
p = p / this.World.getPlayerRoster().getSize();
p = p * 12;
local s = this.Math.maxf(0.75, 1.0 * this.Math.pow(0.01 * p, 0.95) + this.Math.minf(0.5, (this.World.getTime().Days + this.World.Statistics.getFlags().getAsInt("ArenaFightsWon")) * 0.01));
local d = this.Math.minf(5.0, s);
return d * this.Const.Difficulty.EnemyMult[this.World.Assets.getCombatDifficulty()];
}
can't sword master be hit with ranged and thrown weapons?
why funny? I was getting 5% to hit chances with melee and then ranged was getting 60% etc..that's how I killed him...???

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
How do I open a cnut file with a text editor? tried opening it with wordpad or notepad and it gives out some mumbo-jumbo corrupted text :/
http://www.adammil.net/blog/v133_Battle_Brothers_mod_kit.html

bbros.zip, there is 'massdecompile.bat' file in the /bin folder.

REM This simple batch file recursively decrypts and decompiles all .cnut files in a directory.
REM To use it, run the batch file from the directory containing bbsq.exe and nutcracker.exe,
REM and give the directory to process as a parameter on the command line.
REM E.g. massdecompile C:\users\me\desktop\scripts

And the scripts folder is the one for your specific mod, that you want to change, I think.
I dont konw if you need to recompile the scripts again or if the game will pick em up in plaintext.

Also, your mod is practically cheating. 15% hp regen? Da fuck you need more than 12 men for?
You can go Nimble and borderline solo the game...

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Havent bows always been niche?

In random stories:
Pick a 2.5k goblin killing contract just to look what the game is gonna throw at me.
Moving to target city over mountiains, no road there, see 15 gobos, save just in case. I have like two level 7 bros.
They have a shaman, terrain spawned is absolute shit, I get stuck by the shaman and pellted to death by archers.
Reload and try to pull em to plain terrain but I am too slow, fug. Its daylight and my last save is like 3 days out.
Alreayd replayed it thrice...

AMG

Arbiter
You need to use the mod kit to decrypt and decompile the game's .cnut files, that said every mod I've seen comes in decompiled form (I guess mod hooks takes care of loading them or the game doesn't care), so you should be able to edit it in notepad no problem (they are .nut files not .cnut).

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
why funny? I was getting 5% to hit chances with melee and then ranged was getting 60% etc..that's how I killed him...???
I had only 1 ranged guy at level 5, that wasnt happening. I didnt even have throwables.
Though if the swordmaster has that bad of rdef, than its a nifty tictac.

tindrli

Arcane
Havent bows always been niche?

In random stories:
Pick a 2.5k goblin killing contract just to look what the game is gonna throw at me.
Moving to target city over mountiains, no road there, see 15 gobos, save just in case. I have like two level 7 bros.
They have a shaman, terrain spawned is absolute shit, I get stuck by the shaman and pellted to death by archers.
Reload and try to pull em to plain terrain but I am too slow, fug. Its daylight and my last save is like 3 days out.
Alreayd replayed it thrice...

did you won on the end?

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
cUDfUai.jpg

Look at me, I am the King now!

The game seems to randomize barb king abilities. This King had no Adrenaline, and could not attack me a single time lel. Well, he punched lol. I love the disarm ability.
I love barb king contracts now! I remember form back in the day, they had reavers and shit. Its day 46 and he is around with thralls...

Parabalus

Arcane
Finally got a tournament and ran into an relatively easy final match, then the regular match afterwards had one of those swordmaster champions who promptly diced everyone, killed a 600ish BF bro in a turn.

I had only 1 ranged guy at level 5, that wasnt happening. I didnt even have throwables.
Though if the swordmaster has that bad of rdef, than its a nifty tictac.

Throwing is my most effective guy in the arena, pmuch nobody has RDef.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
did you won on the end?
Yeah, lost 5 dogs and a decent man. I pulled their melee into the center with my barb king outfitted guy, who would just stand there. He has the most mdef. Shieldwall and pray. Gobos often do retarded shit like use "Footwork" to rotate twice...
Backliners switched to vsRanged shields and highest acc weaps. Archer went with shield and javs.
The most mentally challenging part is when the shaman lands his AOE roots, you have to really plan who tries to break free, who tries to free ally and when - so that you get to act.
Eg the bros who are behind are better off tyring to free allies infront, who wait (rememeber how I said that "waiting" dropping initiative is moronic? here is a great example)
Also reloadfest to get a decent mountain for me. One time I had only 2 tiles approach to the gobos and long ways around. That was insta reload.
Basically not worth the 2.5k

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Damn Nimble made me wtf, I hit a basically naked merc archer with a 2h hammer for 130 armor damage and he is alive. I actually mumbled 'da fuck'
And then I hit him again for 29 hp damage and crushed his finger lul. Nimble after the change and before the nerf must have been something...
cuKyOFs.png

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
^
> imagine fighting 17 alps

9k for this, 55 a day. Would you pay it at day 50? He comes with a great axe.
Good mdef, ok fat.
For 4k I'd pay the price. But 9 is too fucking juicy. Great axe is not that interesting, its gonna drop at some point and I have 2h hammers already. And his 70 hp or 90 with Colossus is not that great with BatlForged...
All my money would be gone, its too much for day 50...
f1dd22m.png
xdzaFag.png

if he had 2 stars in fat, i would bite the bullet

overtenemy

Augur
^
> imagine fighting 17 alps

9k for this, 55 a day. Would you pay it at day 50? He comes with a great axe.
Good mdef, ok fat.
For 4k I'd pay the price. But 9 is too fucking juicy. Great axe is not that interesting, its gonna drop at some point and I have 2h hammers already. And his 70 hp or 90 with Colossus is not that great with BatlForged...
All my money would be gone, its too much for day 50...
f1dd22m.png
xdzaFag.png

if he had 2 stars in fat, i would bite the bullet

He's got tough and a star in HP, you could have made him a nimbro. Paranoid tanks the initiative but being a hedge knight he's got better fatigue than most already and could afford adrenaline. Looks like he rolled 3 everytime so far on mdef. He's got the mdef to where he doesn't need reach advantage and it could maybe even be skipped on a roll of 2 to bump fatigue or resolve. I think I'd have kept him, but not how he is now because of the possibility of shitty fatigue rolls ruining optimal forgery.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
I mean, the stats are good but the fucking priiiice... not for these stats. I have a daytaler almost matching him in stats, except -15 mdef. For 12 a day...
9k thats 4 armors at 200+ or 2 great swords. Or an asshole that isnt even great...
Yeah fuck that, I aint paying.
If this was day 111+ and I had my armor and 2h needs on the frontline largely met, Id pay it but not now.

Whats the best armor for Nimbro? Assassin armor is 120 dur, -8 fat and lindwurm attach +40 dur, -2 fat or maybe bone plating? Bone plating seems much better, you can soak a 2h hammer hit or similar shit that would destroy 100 armor and probably injure.
Noble scale is -15 fat I think. +Bone plating and go without helmet like the AI ^^

LOL for 200 I am not even walking in the direction of a lindwurm roffles! Let alone fighting one. What are they smoking in Eichstadt?
eLPWYma.png

overtenemy

Augur
Mdef is a clutch stat though, that's hard to get on most backrounds. You're always looking to get at least 30ish, and this dude's got 26 at level 5. Still that is quite expensive, and the wages this early will hurt as well.

Nimbros can use lots of things. If your dude isn't very high HP and doesn't have steel brow (many don't) do not do the helmetless/low durability helmet idea. 60% reduction or no, headshots straight on to HP will ruin your day, and they're guaranteed to happen eventually.

I think the key is to not stress overly much about getting down to 40%. Whenever you're gearing your dude, you can take his hp / .4, then take his hp / .whateveritiswithnewarmor to see the difference in EHP. One of my tankiest nimbros in the current game is wearing 322 dur armor. It's the green famed sellsword armor with a fat roll of 24. Armor padding putting it down to -19, and a famed -4 norse helmet puts him at 53%. 142 / .4 = 355 in assassin gear, or 142 / .53 = 267.9 in 153/322? Easy choice to me. When he goes indom chosen barely dent him. Before good famed gear I'd roll in what you said, noble mail when available, but don't skimp on helmet. Do at least a sallet or assassin hat.

You are correct about bone plating. Nimbros don't have forged considerations, it's almost always better, except in the above example in which you're getting a nice medium armor down to acceptable fat levels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom