Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demon's Souls Remake

Gerrard

Arcane
I like how these same people would complain about piss filter in other games.
Souslcucks really deserve only one thing: a rope

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
people who've experienced the pains of wanting the release version of a console years after

Shrimp

Arbiter
Unless this just turns out to be more trailer fuckery I think the game looks graphically impressive.
But what the fuck did they do to the music? The original Demon Souls had the music interesting music score when compared to all the other Souls titles that were released later on. Original DES had somber and simplistic boss themes, but the Armour Spider and Flamelurker themes in the trailer sound like they might as well could have come from Dark Souls 3 instead.

Star Citizen

Learned
new gameplay

PC pretty please

Yeah, I'm wondering if they will seeing as the OG PS 3 version is fully playable via emulator anyway. Also MS stepping up their PC game may a game changer in regards to exclushits. There ain't a game I want to play as badly as Bloodborne but I ain't buying another slab of silicone wrapped in a plastic box to do so.

Perkel

Arcane
From Polyamoryfuckedmywife interview with Bluepoint games:

“Everything that was in the original PlayStation 3 version is in the standard edition of the game,” Moore said, when asked about new items and equipment coming to Demon’s Souls as part of the game’s digital deluxe edition. “So nobody’s missing out on anything. There’s a lot of new content that we’ve added to the game and for fans to find and enjoy. And there are lots of things that I think fans are going to go, ‘Oh, that’s amazing. Great. You know, I didn’t know they put that in the game.’ I’m not going to tell you any more than that, because [I don’t want] to spoil anything.”

New stuff:

"We know that the remake will have new weapons, armor, and rings,"

Some incline:

"One change that will affect players’ encumbrance — aka how much stuff their character can carry — is how much healing grass they can hold. In the original Demon’s Souls, players could carry hundreds of healing grasses with them and suffer no real penalty. In the remake, players will have a more limited supply, and more powerful grasses (like Full Moon Grass) will weigh more than less effective grasses. Those changes should help balance the game’s difficulty and improve player-versus-player battles, where fans could quickly consume vast amounts of healing items, dragging out multiplayer brawls."

For folks who want colors closer to Playstations 3 version of game:

"“If you like the starkness and the despair of the original PlayStation 3 version, then we have a bunch of filters that you can choose from and play the game [that way],”"

About music decline:

“Unfortunately, the music that was recorded for the original version was digital only,” Moore said. “And I think the score by Shunsuke Kida is so good that to do it real justice on the PlayStation 5, we had to make sure it was recorded by a full orchestra. So we created a modern reimagining of Shunsuke Kida’s amazing score with dramatic new arrangements. We went to AIR Studios in London and we recorded that with a full orchestra [and a] full choir. We even recorded a famous pipe organ in Temple Church in London. And that runs as a theme for the music, giving it this really dark, wonderful, flowing sound. I think there are 120 of the finest musicians in the world on this score. It’s stunning. I think people are just gonna love the way the music sounds.”

About voice acting:

"And just as the music has been recorded, so has the game’s dialogue. There’s good news on the front: “We approached the original cast and asked them to come back and take on their incredible, iconic roles,” Moore said. “And we were very lucky to get many of those [people] back. Obviously, some people, their voices changed or they moved on from acting, but we did get many of them back. And we re-recorded all the new dialogue. That was an incredible experience for us.”

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
new gameplay

PC pretty please

Yeah, I'm wondering if they will seeing as the OG PS 3 version is fully playable via emulator anyway. Also MS stepping up their PC game may a game changer in regards to exclushits. There ain't a game I want to play as badly as Bloodborne but I ain't buying another slab of silicone wrapped in a plastic box to do so.

Sony seems to have softened slightly in regards to exclusives on PC. So it's possible.

That said, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Shrimp

Arbiter

“Everything that was in the original PlayStation 3 version is in the standard edition of the game,” Moore said, when asked about new items and equipment coming to Demon’s Souls as part of the game’s digital deluxe edition. “So nobody’s missing out on anything. There’s a lot of new content that we’ve added to the game and for fans to find and enjoy. And there are lots of things that I think fans are going to go, ‘Oh, that’s amazing. Great. You know, I didn’t know they put that in the game.’ I’m not going to tell you any more than that, because [I don’t want] to spoil anything.”
Exclusive content such as the preorder equipment and items?

Perkel

Arcane

No one knows. It is not like From Software itself wasn't above that. DS2 was rampart with garbage preorder equipment and shit.

Shrimp

Arbiter

No one knows. It is not like From Software itself wasn't above that. DS2 was rampart with garbage preorder equipment and shit.
Can't forget the exclusive Estus Flask for when you desperately need a sippy
h2-noscale.jpg

Star Citizen

Learned
new gameplay

PC pretty please

Sony seems to have softened slightly in regards to exclusives on PC. So it's possible.

That said, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Nah let's be honest. Who are thy tryna coax with that bulk of plastic when we got gamepass now :rage:

5 shitty shields and garbage weapons that you could find in game even if you did not preorder. rampart my ass you fucktard:roll: this remake is already decline as preorder bonuses are among others souls and shards giving newfaggs easier beginning:decline:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
There’s a lot of new content that we’ve added to the game and for fans to find and enjoy. And there are lots of things that I think fans are going to go, ‘Oh, that’s amazing. Great. You know, I didn’t know they put that in the game.’ I’m not going to tell you any more than that, because [I don’t want] to spoil anything.”
So... Elden Ring in Demon's Souls confirmed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom