Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Last thing I'll badger about, but have you seen any signs for the Golden Dragon or Swarm Paths? I remember that in one of the AMA's they said they're the last paths you can opt-into, a whole chapter after the others.

ChildInTime

Learned
So is it possible to Make Arueshalae Proper Demon Again? It seems she rejects the protagonist if he becomes a demon and is very stubborn in her believe in redemption.

Ehem, yeah, you can... -
>"I am judged by a real Aeon ... come on, punish me \ "{n} Arushalae slowly licks her lips. {/ N} \" I know you want it ... \ ""

>Arushalae smiles at you mockingly. {/ N} \" I will do whatever you ask ... and even what you dream of but dare not ask \ ".

>"What a pleasant surprise. Hello! \ "{N} Smiling broadly, lips red with blood, Arushalae stands in front of you. Her clawed fingers squeeze a half-gnawed child's hand, which she waves to you.

Last thing I'll badger about, but have you seen any signs for the Golden Dragon or Swarm Paths? I remember that in one of the AMA's they said they're the last paths you can opt-into, a whole chapter after the others.

Yes, there is a quest about dragon eggs and good and evil dragons that has to do with the MC being on the path to become one. And some mentions of research about swarms and locusts, also some Swarm dialogue about eating whole Abyss. These Mythics ARE late game it seems, but you do have a sense that you're on the path to them specifically.

More Aivu, she is the bestest character and whoever writes her loves their job -
"\"I am the dreadful dragon of destruction! I wreak chaos and devour the hearts of my foes! I am the dark night of your futile hopes! And I'm not tiny at all! I just used my magic to become smaller and more agile! Yup! Whew... The speech to scare away demons sure is hard. I should work on it.\""
},
{
"\"If even a piece of a strawberry cake can make a paladin waver in his concentration, what can a whole cake do?\""
},
{
"\"On the one paw, dragon scales look too amazing to hide them. On the other paw, if we wore clothes like humans do, I'd be able to wear a striped vest and... er... balloon pants!\""
},
{
"\"The dragon, uh... It would be really sorry and wouldn't pick on that hole anymore! There!\""
},
{
"{n}Aivu snorts a few times.{/n} \"Tell you what, you're not just my best friend! You're also my best conspirator!\""
},
{
"\"I like Arueshalae best. She's so cute! And she has wings, too. They make her twice as cute!\""

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
So is it possible to Make Arueshalae Proper Demon Again? It seems she rejects the protagonist if he becomes a demon and is very stubborn in her believe in redemption.

Ehem, yeah, you can... -
>"I am judged by a real Aeon ... come on, punish me \ "{n} Arushalae slowly licks her lips. {/ N} \" I know you want it ... \ ""

>Arushalae smiles at you mockingly. {/ N} \" I will do whatever you ask ... and even what you dream of but dare not ask \ ".

>"What a pleasant surprise. Hello! \ "{N} Smiling broadly, lips red with blood, Arushalae stands in front of you. Her clawed fingers squeeze a half-gnawed child's hand, which she waves to you.

Yes, there is a quest about dragon eggs and good and evil dragons that has to do with the MC being on the path to become one. And some mentions of research about swarms and locusts, also some Swarm dialogue about eating whole Abyss. These Mythics ARE late game it seems, but you do have a sense that you're on the path to them specifically.

More Aivu, she is the bestest character and whoever writes her loves their job -
"\"I am the dreadful dragon of destruction! I wreak chaos and devour the hearts of my foes! I am the dark night of your futile hopes! And I'm not tiny at all! I just used my magic to become smaller and more agile! Yup! Whew... The speech to scare away demons sure is hard. I should work on it.\""
},
{
"\"If even a piece of a strawberry cake can make a paladin waver in his concentration, what can a whole cake do?\""
},
{
"\"On the one paw, dragon scales look too amazing to hide them. On the other paw, if we wore clothes like humans do, I'd be able to wear a striped vest and... er... balloon pants!\""
},
{
"\"The dragon, uh... It would be really sorry and wouldn't pick on that hole anymore! There!\""
},
{
"{n}Aivu snorts a few times.{/n} \"Tell you what, you're not just my best friend! You're also my best conspirator!\""
},
{
"\"I like Arueshalae best. She's so cute! And she has wings, too. They make her twice as cute!\""

Did you get anything of the differences between the Dragon and Angel paths?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

Not sure about what differences? Dragon path is very distinct from the angle which is always available - here is the beginning of it I assume -

"{n}The dragon appraises you from his height. With each movement of his strong muscles, his golden scales are gleaming.{/n} \"Terendelev made the right choice, child. As did you. You weren't born one, but the true spirit of a dragon is as strong in you as it was in her. Believe me, I knew Terendelev well.\""
},
{
"{n}The dragon appraises you from his height. With each movement of his strong muscles, his golden scales are gleaming.{/n}\n\"Terendelev once healed your wound without questioning if you deserved it. I feel the touch of her magic, like the last bow from the past. Too bad you didn't understand the meaning of her action.\""
},
{
: "\"I am Halaseliax, a gold dragon. I once had the honor of teaching the protector of Kenabres.\""
},
{
"\"I am Halaseliax. I once had the honor of teaching the protector of Kenabres. Do you still want to fight me, child?\""
},
{
"{n}Halaseliax sighs heavily.{/n} \"I expected nothing more. If this is your decision – we shall fight!\""
},
{
"\"Life itself was testing you. And I just seized an opportunity to look at you – the last soul helped by Terendelev.\""
},
{
"{n}The dragon closes his eyes for a moment.{/n} \"Terendelev… here she found shelter, fighting the desire to destroy and destruct. I flew here to help her. The sun went up and down several times while she poured on me her hatred tearing up her soul.\""
},
{
"\"This knowledge will not benefit you. I won't disturb Terendelev's memory for your amusement.\""
},
{
"\"Many times we were on the cusp of fighting. Many times her words hurt me. But in the end I got through to her. I found the right words. And was with her until her soul was cured here, in peace and quiet.\""
},
{
"\"Remember that life is a journey. Some go through it faster, others – slower, but we all reach the end where nothing can be changed. As long as we live, the hope for change lives too. As long as we live, we can do much good and change the world for the better.\""
},
{
"\"I used to teach Terendelev this when she was on the verge of despair. She thought that, tainted, she was doomed to suffering and evil. But I showed her that while we are here, not at Pharasma's throne, nothing is lost. And no one is lost. Choose the actions that will make the world better – such is the path of a gold dragon.\""
},
{
"\"I would say 'goodbye', child.\""
},
{
\"Farewell. Today our paths have parted forever, child.\""
},
{
"{n}Halaseliax shakes his head.{/n} \"Not now, I'm afraid. I have my own responsibilities to metallic dragons. But I will watch you and if I see you need the dragons' wisdom, I won't be the only one willing to become your ally.\""
},
{
"\"I would help the one who wants to take the dragon's path, the path that condemns violence without a solid reason. But you chose another path, which means you don't need the wisdom of dragons.\""

Looks like the Dragon Path will be more pacifistic than the Angel Path - redeem evil vs. destroy evil.

ChildInTime

Learned

Ehem, yeah, you can... -

},
{
},
{
},
{
},
{
},
{

Not sure what differences you mean. Dragon path is very distinct from the Angel which is always available - here is the beginning of it I assume -
"{n}The dragon appraises you from his height. With each movement of his strong muscles, his golden scales are gleaming.{/n} \"Terendelev made the right choice, child. As did you. You weren't born one, but the true spirit of a dragon is as strong in you as it was in her. Believe me, I knew Terendelev well.\""
},
{
"{n}The dragon appraises you from his height. With each movement of his strong muscles, his golden scales are gleaming.{/n}\n\"Terendelev once healed your wound without questioning if you deserved it. I feel the touch of her magic, like the last bow from the past. Too bad you didn't understand the meaning of her action.\""
},
{
: "\"I am Halaseliax, a gold dragon. I once had the honor of teaching the protector of Kenabres.\""
},
{
"\"I am Halaseliax. I once had the honor of teaching the protector of Kenabres. Do you still want to fight me, child?\""
},
{
"{n}Halaseliax sighs heavily.{/n} \"I expected nothing more. If this is your decision – we shall fight!\""
},
{
"\"Life itself was testing you. And I just seized an opportunity to look at you – the last soul helped by Terendelev.\""
},
{
"{n}The dragon closes his eyes for a moment.{/n} \"Terendelev… here she found shelter, fighting the desire to destroy and destruct. I flew here to help her. The sun went up and down several times while she poured on me her hatred tearing up her soul.\""
},
{
"\"This knowledge will not benefit you. I won't disturb Terendelev's memory for your amusement.\""
},
{
"\"Many times we were on the cusp of fighting. Many times her words hurt me. But in the end I got through to her. I found the right words. And was with her until her soul was cured here, in peace and quiet.\""
},
{
"\"Remember that life is a journey. Some go through it faster, others – slower, but we all reach the end where nothing can be changed. As long as we live, the hope for change lives too. As long as we live, we can do much good and change the world for the better.\""
},
{
"\"I used to teach Terendelev this when she was on the verge of despair. She thought that, tainted, she was doomed to suffering and evil. But I showed her that while we are here, not at Pharasma's throne, nothing is lost. And no one is lost. Choose the actions that will make the world better – such is the path of a gold dragon.\""
},
{
"\"I would say 'goodbye', child.\""
},
{
\"Farewell. Today our paths have parted forever, child.\""
},
{
"{n}Halaseliax shakes his head.{/n} \"Not now, I'm afraid. I have my own responsibilities to metallic dragons. But I will watch you and if I see you need the dragons' wisdom, I won't be the only one willing to become your ally.\""
},
{
"\"I would help the one who wants to take the dragon's path, the path that condemns violence without a solid reason. But you chose another path, which means you don't need the wisdom of dragons.\""

edit: oops double posts

purpleblob

Savant
What's the difference, story-side, between Golden Dragon and Angel? They seem rather redundant to one another.

Golden Dragon isn't in game yet so no one knows at this point.

I wonder if it will be possible to remove the "[Demon]" and other hints in dialogues. As it is possible in Kingmaker now. And just see what happens.

Mythic tags weren't there in earlier stage of the alpha and I've asked devs if they can add an option to hide those.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
1. By the way, did Owlcat say anything about the rumoured "secret" Devil mythic path?

I sense lack of proof from file diggers.
Yeah, there are some mentions of Devils in the files, but nothing hinting at another mythic. If it's going to happen I guess it will be in the first DLC like with tiefling sisters.

Im thinking late game reskin with few different abilities Imho, since Archdevils of Hell are one of group that can back your Crusade, like Last Chapter reskin with few abilities replaced, spin it you just starting to discipline your immense power and it shouldnt take long to develop. Since Devils were hinted as someone you can align with and i dont know how they want to make player end with them with Demon, or perhaps its just gonna be talked about and implied to be post game thing and you just have Demon path. I honestly dont know but i know they mentioned Archdevils of Hell being someone who can support you and Owlcat propably wont repeat Pathfinder Kingmaker situation with Hellknights with Devils.

ChildInTime

Learned
Here is for all of you who always wanted to roleplay as an unrepentant dick Nagash.

i3CFfTc.jpg

i0CtTQQ.jpg

PvDsYrc.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Does resurrected undead have content? As in dialogue and such? Would be interesting if they are somewhat intelligent. Or are they pretty much just mercenaries with no content?

ChildInTime

Learned
Does resurrected undead have content? As in dialogue and such? Would be interesting if they are somewhat intelligent. Or are they pretty much just mercenaries with no content?
Yes, they do. There are specific interactions with them and different roles you can assign in your ziggurat.

"{n}The dead priestess glares at you, green light raging in her empty eye sockets.{/n} \"What have you done to me... How dare you desssecrate my remainsss!\" {n}With each word, air from her lungs wooshes out through her rib cage.{/n}"
},
{
"{n}Delamere's voice is tinged with vanity.{/n} \"That foolisssh witch broke in here uninvited... Baphomet'sss whore... She wasss planning some kind of attack... I got rid of them all... and that cowardly cleric ssshe dragged in here with her... It wasss jussst like the old daysss...\""
},
{
"{n}Delamere gives you a long look and her voice sounds pensive.{/n} \"You know... I ssstill despissse you... But thisss existence does have its benefitsss... Erassstil forsook me... But I am loyal to him... I can ssstill spread his word... Defend his principlesss... But do not expect thanksss from me...\""

The dead priestess nods silently. She takes great pains to express how much she hates you in her very demeanor.{/n}"

"\"I will obey, {mf|massster|misstresss}... Though being your ssslave is a torment...\""

"{n}The dead priestess sears you with her gaze.{/n} \"Can it be that my glory hasss faded? And you do not know of Delamere the Blessed? Priestesss of Erassstil, who carriesss Hisss bow which alwaysss fliesss true...? Or do you mock me?\""

"{n}Delamere sucks in a breath like she's sniffing the air.{/n} \"My country... Awasssh with corruption... Demonsss... Citiesss... They defile the sssoul... I wasss right... Thisss cleric... isss nothing...\""
},
{
"{n}Delamere's proud back slowly curves into a bow, and through gritted teeth she hisses,\"{/n} \"Yesss... {mf|Massster|Misstresss}...\""
},
{
"\"As you command... {mf|Massster|Misstresss}... I will guard your fortress...\""
},
{
"{n}Bewilderment rings clear in Delamere's voice.{/n} \"You are... releasssing me? Very well... I will go... But I will not forgive you of your crime... your sssacrilege... We will meet again...\""
},
{
"{n}Delamere looks at you in disbelief, but hope creeps into her voice.{/n} \"Ssstop thisss... Pleassse... Thisss form is an abomination... Thisss life is an abomination...\""
},
{
"{n}Delamere's voice shakes with indignance.{/n} \"I am not your dog... Carrying out your ordersss, the humiliation...\""

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
So much effort for such upfront of nature of a mythic path.

But people have been dying to play as a Lich and being one optionally in CRPG gotta be the first so it is good that Owlcat doesn't half-arse this I guess. I just hope they put the same effort into the rest of the Mythic Paths.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Yes, they do. There are specific interactions with them and different roles you can assign in your ziggurat.

"{n}The dead priestess glares at you, green light raging in her empty eye sockets.{/n} \"What have you done to me... How dare you desssecrate my remainsss!\" {n}With each word, air from her lungs wooshes out through her rib cage.{/n}"
},
{
"{n}Delamere's voice is tinged with vanity.{/n} \"That foolisssh witch broke in here uninvited... Baphomet'sss whore... She wasss planning some kind of attack... I got rid of them all... and that cowardly cleric ssshe dragged in here with her... It wasss jussst like the old daysss...\""
},
{
"{n}Delamere gives you a long look and her voice sounds pensive.{/n} \"You know... I ssstill despissse you... But thisss existence does have its benefitsss... Erassstil forsook me... But I am loyal to him... I can ssstill spread his word... Defend his principlesss... But do not expect thanksss from me...\""

The dead priestess nods silently. She takes great pains to express how much she hates you in her very demeanor.{/n}"

"\"I will obey, {mf|massster|misstresss}... Though being your ssslave is a torment...\""

"{n}The dead priestess sears you with her gaze.{/n} \"Can it be that my glory hasss faded? And you do not know of Delamere the Blessed? Priestesss of Erassstil, who carriesss Hisss bow which alwaysss fliesss true...? Or do you mock me?\""

"{n}Delamere sucks in a breath like she's sniffing the air.{/n} \"My country... Awasssh with corruption... Demonsss... Citiesss... They defile the sssoul... I wasss right... Thisss cleric... isss nothing...\""
},
{
"{n}Delamere's proud back slowly curves into a bow, and through gritted teeth she hisses,\"{/n} \"Yesss... {mf|Massster|Misstresss}...\""
},
{
"\"As you command... {mf|Massster|Misstresss}... I will guard your fortress...\""
},
{
"{n}Bewilderment rings clear in Delamere's voice.{/n} \"You are... releasssing me? Very well... I will go... But I will not forgive you of your crime... your sssacrilege... We will meet again...\""
},
{
"{n}Delamere looks at you in disbelief, but hope creeps into her voice.{/n} \"Ssstop thisss... Pleassse... Thisss form is an abomination... Thisss life is an abomination...\""
},
{
"{n}Delamere's voice shakes with indignance.{/n} \"I am not your dog... Carrying out your ordersss, the humiliation...\""

so basically they are kinda like the Mercenary Recruiter where you have bunch of dialogue and they have background, You know the NPC you hire mercenaries at.

Lacrymas

Arcane
So much effort for such upfront of nature of a mythic path.

But people have been dying to play as a Lich and being one optionally in CRPG gotta be the first so it is good that Owlcat doesn't half-arse this I guess. I just hope they put the same effort into the rest of the Mythic Paths.
They literally have no other job atm than making content. The engine and most of the classes are done. I suppose they'll up the graphics quality too, but other than that it's content city. I suspect this is going to one of the most content-heavy RPGs (in terms of replayability), but whether that content is going to be good and of a steady quality remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Tyroth Gideon

Novice
I wonder how the Scrollmaster class will work in game, though it may be available for a companion only.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
That map of the city looks exciting. I was kind of disappointed with kingmaker in regards to the city because that's always one of my favorite parts of these games. Is the city more in-depth than kingmaker? I'm still waiting for another Athkatla.

ChildInTime

Learned

},
{
},
{

},
{
},
{
},
{
},
{
},
{

so basically they are kinda like the Mercenary Recruiter where you have bunch of dialogue and they have background, You know the NPC you hire mercenaries at.
Yeah, they are not full companions, but they are also not silent dolls. I guess sidekicks from PoE2 would be closest, although these ones you resurrect are all tied to the story in some way.

Shinros

Learned

Going by the Lich artwork, you can make her evil again. I suspect it has to do with her personal quest. Right now I'm curious about Aeon, just from what I've seen so far working through the Alpha it looks like it won't be sunshine and rainbows. The Aeon considers the wardstone an affront to the natural order and its quite heavy handed when it comes to traitors going by the ghouls in the chapel.

Considering the spoiler, I was right I think Aeon would make a certain succubus companion evil again.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So, Arueshalae is a Fall-From-Grace wannabe oooor? Her name is a nightmare to spell lol. I also don't know how possible her ...condition is without the neutralizing effect of the City of Doors like with Fall-From-Grace. I always thought that that's why it's possible for FFG to override the metaphysical aspects of the setting.
https://wrath-of-the-righteous-34.obsidianportal.com/characters/arueshalae
Arueshalae first came to the Worldwound in 4636 ar. One fateful night after she’d seduced a priestess of Desna and drained her nearly to death, on a whim she tried an experiment. Since outsiders don’t need to sleep, they don’t normally dream. Out of curiosity, she stole into the thoughts of her dying victim using detect thoughts while the woman lay sleeping, only to be pulled into the Dimension of Dreams. When the priestess died, Arueshalae found herself somehow trapped, but she hadn’t gone unnoticed.

In daring to allow herself to dream, Arueshalae gained Desna’s attention. She had already observed the succubus’s murder of one of her priests, but perhaps having learned a bit of forgiveness from her own divine ally Sarenrae, Desna did not smite Arueshalae. Instead, she reached into Arueshalae’s soul and quickened her larval core. Memories of her mortal life flooded back at once, memories of dreams that never came true. Desna whispered in her ear: “Even demons can dream.”

When Arueshalae woke, she was filled with memories and regret, and immediately set about to atone for her very existence. The brush with Desna awoke within her both mythic potential and a great shame. She used her skills as a master spy to hide her change of heart, but when she acted to save the life of a wayward child who had become lost in the Worldwound (a child who might just, as fate would have it, have grown up to be a PC), the truth came out. She knew she would be equally hunted among the crusaders, and so she opted to remain in the Worldwound—hiding until she could learn something vital that she could present to the crusaders and thereby prove her good intentions. When she learned of how the Templars were using Nahyndrian crystals to infuse demons with mythic power, she sought to discover all she could. She’d only just begun her investigations when she was captured and thrown into a prison below Citadel Drezen. Aponavicius herself tried to force Arueshalae to revert to her demonic nature and failed, but when the marilith left Drezen to join the southern war front, Arueshalae’s prayers to Desna were answered and the wards of her cell fell. She fled a few scant weeks before the PCs arrived in Drezen, making her way into the Worldwound to hide in the only safe place in the region she could think of—the ruined Desnan fortress her last victim’s final dream had been about. There, Arueshalae waits and hopes for a final chance to aid the Fifth Crusade while fighting against relapsing into her old fiendish ways.

infniitron

Not Infinitron
By the way, who is Neutral Evil Mythic? The Swarm?

Demons, as I understand, are Chaotic Evil, no?
Why can't I find a wiki page for swarm? all of search results are "Worm that walks"
800px-Worm_battle.jpg
Are they the same thing? is it like a archetype that you can choose? like Worms, locusts, ants?

Shinros

Learned
By the way, who is Neutral Evil Mythic? The Swarm?

Demons, as I understand, are Chaotic Evil, no?

Its most likely swarm. You have wiggle room with mythic alignmrnts. But Lich, to me seems more Lawful evil, while demon is chaotic evil and swarm is neutral evil. That's my opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom