Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

prengle

Savant
every single time this thread gets bumped i have a mini stroke please stop just let these hacks disappear for good

More hints at Otherside (indirect?) role on the future of SS3. Warren Spector says he's working on a new IP.

oh my fucking god warren's fucking decaying. his ashkenazi blood must be losing its potency O_O

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Fuck chinks, now it's going to have mandatory adware installation to play and maybe some spware+malware added on as well.
That's not the real issue, is it?

The game will be shit. If it was good, the adware etc. would be the least of our worries; they could be cracked away. But you can't crack a shit game into a good one.

Gastrick

Cipher
That's not the real issue, is it?

The game will be shit. If it was good, the adware etc. would be the least of our worries; they could be cracked away. But you can't crack a shit game into a good one.

You technically can, it's called modding.
I suppose the game would need to be worth filling your computer with adware for it to be installed in the first place.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You technically can, it's called modding.
Modding can only do so much. It's only worth it if the base game is worth the effort.

And at some point, if the game is so shit it requires much alteration, it's more like starting over.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Sometimes I wish that the Chinese market becomes the absolute priority for any and all game companies. Imagine - any LGBTQ propaganda - gone. Any SJW talking points - gone. Forced diversity - gone. Ugly females - gone. Feminism - gone. The brown/grey color palette - gone, Chinese hate that shit. ResetEra and all its influence - gone. Game developers virtue signalling and spewing politics on Twitter - gone; their Chinese masters told them to shut the fuck up and make games. It's just a matter of discussing which is the lesser of two evils.

EDIT: Oh, and the most important part - the incestual relationships between various developers, journalists and publishing companies - gone.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Sometimes I wish that the Chinese market becomes the absolute priority for any and all game companies. Imagine - any LGBTQ propaganda - gone. Any SJW talking points - gone. Forced diversity - gone. Ugly females - gone. Feminism - gone. The brown/grey color palette - gone, Chinese hate that shit. ResetEra and all its influence - gone. Game developers virtue signalling and spewing politics on Twitter - gone; their Chinese masters told them to shut the fuck up and make games. It's just a matter of discussing which is the lesser of two evils.

EDIT: Oh, and the most important part - the incestual relationships between various developers, journalists and publishing companies - gone.
The Chinese wouldn't give a shit about any of that stuff happening outside of China. If anything they would encourage it because they know it makes us weaker.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

Unfortunately it also means everything is a mobile game.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I largely prefer the gray brown natural palette of older games instead of the hypersaturated plastic palette that is ubiquitous now in all modern games, both western and eastern.

There is a reason why a hypersaturated plastic palette is so frequent nowadays, in particular in mobile games. It has been demonstrated that it facilitate the dopamine production feedback in your brain through which games can trick you into spending money in microtransaction and similar shit. Exactly what happens when you watch a commericial. Games are now engineered exactly as commercials and ads. Chinese games are the most "advanced" examples of that.

If you look at the Chinese game market, you will realize that SWJ agenda and gray/brown palette are among the last problems that games could have.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

The Chinese wouldn't give a shit about any of that stuff happening outside of China. If anything they would encourage it because they know it makes us weaker.

Games are too complex products to prepare a separate "China safe" version of a title, especially if Chinese were the ones financing them. So, given the choice between catering to their overlords, or to a handful of 白左 - would be no choice at all.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Games are too complex products to prepare a separate "China safe" version of a title, especially if Chinese were the ones financing them. So, given the choice between catering to their overlords, or to a handful of 白左 - would be no choice at all.
They already do it all the time. There are a ton of products that are changed to suit China for their own versions

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
The fact that Warren is willing to continue to work for Tencent has made me lose most of my respect for him. This one hurt.
He didn't learn anything from Deus Ex.

As I've said in the Cyberpunk thread. Remind me to make a better game than them lol.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
They already do it all the time. There are a ton of products that are changed to suit China for their own versions

Can you name any example outside World of Wacraft, where a single skin was altered? And, ironically, looks better, and had tons of people asking Blizzard to implement it everywhere as an option?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Can you name any example outside World of Wacraft, where a single skin was altered? And, ironically, looks better, and had tons of people asking Blizzard to implement it everywhere as an option?

https://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstone...ges to the,reaction was not entirely positive.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

https://www.pcgamer.com/hearthstone-card-art-changes/#:~:text=Blizzard says Hearthstone card art changes have nothing to do with China,-By Andy Chalk&text=The old card art was,on the sex and violence.&text=Blizzard made changes to the,reaction was not entirely positive.

I said anything non-World of Warcraft. Hearthstone is just a spinoff.

Prime Junta

From where I'm standing, making games America-safe is doing them a hell of a lot more harm than worrying about CCP censors.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik

Bro, they covered her tits! Those damn commies!.
NFHnmzS.png

zc4Xp8B.png

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Deus Ex was pretty BASED and REDPILLED as far as China is concerned
what I'm saying is that all signs point to him not being the reason for that. Rather its more likely his wife that caused that because she was into conspiracy theories due to her Xfiles addiction. But even then I think someone at Ion Storm hit gold accidentally with what did end up in the game. Based on what we know its likely Sheldon who was responsible for most of Deus Ex's future prediction because Sheldon has gone on record stating most of his research freaked him out.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Deus Ex was pretty BASED and REDPILLED as far as China is concerned
what I'm saying is that all signs point to him not being the reason for that. Rather its more likely his wife that caused that because she was into conspiracy theories due to her Xfiles addiction. But even then I think someone at Ion Storm hit gold accidentally with what did end up in the game. Based on what we know its likely Sheldon who was responsible for most of Deus Ex's future prediction because Sheldon has gone on record stating most of his research freaked him out.
Hari Sheldon?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Sheldon Pacott did most of writings in DX.

(Looking at his updated Linkedin profile. He was not just Design Director, also Lead Narrative Designer on System Shock 3. For a short time at the early state of course.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom