Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda acquired by Microsoft

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
Methinks hardcore rpg gamers with a Sony inclination won't be too happy about this move.

They said the games are not gonna be Xbox/PC exclusive.

Where? If they did, I’m assuming most than likely it pertains to games already announced for other consoles that they have to honor i.e. Deathloop and Ghostwire

I'm really not sure about this, Microsoft has been more and more open to collaborating with Sony and Nintendo. Minecraft for instance still appears everywhere.

I think Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout will appear on PS5. Not to do it would mean giving up on hundreds of millions of dollars.

Dyet

Novice
Methinks hardcore rpg gamers with a Sony inclination won't be too happy about this move.

They said the games are not gonna be Xbox/PC exclusive.

Where? If they did, I’m assuming most than likely it pertains to games already announced for other consoles that they have to honor i.e. Deathloop and Ghostwire

I'm really not sure about this, Microsoft has been more and more open to collaborating with Sony and Nintendo. Minecraft for instance still appears everywhere.

I think Elder Scrolls VI and Fallout will appear on PS5. Not to do it would mean giving up on hundreds of millions of dollars.
They'll be timed exclusives, I bet.

Sin2x

Scholar

freemasonry-line-masonic-lodge-symbol-masonic-symbols-ritual-square-and-compasses-grand-master-secret-society-png-clip-art.png

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I have a feeling InXile just became a whole lot less important to Microsoft. In the eyes of the marketing suits you'd think it was bought to cater RPG niche for the gamepass and now they have Bethesda. If Fargo's company bleeds money I doubt they'll bother keeping it alive.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I have a feeling InXile just became a whole lot less important to Microsoft. In the eyes of the marketing suits you'd think it was bought to cater RPG niche for the gamepass and now they have Bethesda. If Fargo's company bleeds money I doubt they'll bother keeping it alive.
Yup. Can't help but think eventually one of the three studios will get the axe. Likely inXile is merged with Obsidian, ending the exile. Or maybe they'll keep the inXile brand for mobile shovelware.

MS' studio acquisitions so far might have gained them a lot of exclusives but not any real console sellers, they had Halo for that and little else. Bethesda's TES/FO games are popular enough to actually sell consoles if they're exclusive. It would be foolish of MS to not take advantage of that. So even if the next TES/FO do appear on sony's machines eventually it shouldn't be until after they are well past their usefulness as a console-selling exclusive.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Todd now has access to Microsoft's company credit card. He is becoming one of the strongest humans in the world. Sony is going to be finished, soon.

Whipped Cream

Savant
Patron
They'll be timed exclusives, I bet.

Well, they've got three main options.

1. Not releasing a game on PS5
2. Releasing it on PS5 a while later
3. What they did with The Outer Worlds where they released it on Gamepass for "free" the same day that they released it on PS4 for full price.

Ultimately they'll do whatever they think will make them the most money in the long term, which may mean that the option they choose will vary from game to game. It will be interresting to see what they decide to do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom