Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda acquired by Microsoft

entr0py

Scholar
Holy shit, I actually really had to check if its April 1st.... (Working from home really fucks with your perception of time)

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Where is the spinning :what:when I need it most?

iOvuZaC.gif

S.torch

Arbiter
I hate Bethesda. But I also hate oligopoly and big companies buying out smaller companies is always bad for everyone with the exception of both companies CEOs. I want Microsoft to burn.

In America this has been the trend for a good time already, and it probably has reached its peak in this year.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There is no reason to keep Obshitian around now. Now that they have the big boss Bethseda. They will liquidate obshitian and all the danger hairs and cucks in this shitty company will be looking for work elsewhere.

hpstg

Savant
As long as their games still release on Steam the same day that they release on Xbox I don't think this will matter all that much to PC gamers. The leadership of Zenimax were terrible. Microsoft is at worst equally bad and arguably an improvement. Sony and Playstation players should be in panic mode though. Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6 and a host of other games just became console exclusives.

At first glance it looks like they're going after Sony, but the real target here is Valve.

Valve hasn't done anything to their selling model (you still "purchase" a game that gives you the right to subscribe to Valve's services to play it).

GamePass with all the stuff they have now + EA Pass games, is a real danger to Valve, and no one else.

People who buy PlayStations don't get them for the cross platform games anyway. It's more like the adult's Nintendo.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sooner or later there will only be a single conglomerate devoted to designing Western-style CRPGs.
This is a frighteningly possible scenario. It's kind of like Disney, right? They'll eventually buy out everyone. This is an inevitable consequence of the way our market works. Also, there can't be a conglomerate focused on one thing, the essence of a conglomerate is to be multi-market. But I digress with autism.

Curratum

With TES 6 not coming to PS5, I think Armageddon will not be a comet or nukes, but the earth becoming a giant orb of salt, floating in space.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Also, there can't be a conglomerate focused on one thing, the essence of a conglomerate is to be multi-market.

Fair enough. I meant more in the sense that said conglomerate, among its myriad business ventures, will sport a wing entirely dedicated to Western CRPGs – which is already happening in all but name.

Then again, I doubt CDPR and EA will go down without a fight. Now, Larian, on the other hand…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom