Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft acquires Bethesda/Zenimax

Child of Malkav

Erudite
How the fuck do you play FNV and not find out that Veronica is gay

Also you have to speak to Arcade to get one of the best power armours in the game so him too
Even if you interact with them they don't come out and say it in your face. You have to go through the dialogue options for a while.....
I didn't know either, and now that I do, Veronica and Arcade won't make it till the end of the game anymore.
That is my point, like do people not talk to the companion NPCs? What is the point of playing Vegas, then?
What? You're playing FONV for companions? The only companions I liked were Boone, Raul (because he's funny), Lily (because it's just sad) and ED-E (because beep beep).
Rex is dumb, Arcade is needed for the quest and Veronica for the DLC Perk.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
You might want to sit down for this because it may come as a shock.

It turns out that Tim Cain, the first and for a quite a while only worker on the Fallout project -- the creator of the entire franchise, if you will --... is gay.
Nah, I know.

But you see, Tim wasn't hellbent on filling his games with queer characters, despite his own sexual preferences. Although, Fallout 2, Arcanum and Bloodlines were always open for player to indulge in some same-sex relationship, if player chooses to do so, that is. See the difference?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
unified workflow, toolset, production pipelines, QA, style guide, rapidly shifting developers and content creators from project to project as they are needed, clear definition of roles and hierarchy, every worker – a cog in a well oiled machine, generating shareholder value... new AAA game every year, no, THREE TIMES a year, just like UbiSoft

I consider most of that fabulously optimistic in the context of game making. Especially since Microsoft allegedly leave the studios a lot of independence. And regarding things like toolsets, I've yet to be convinced that EA benefits from developing Frostbyte.

Prime Junta

unified workflow, toolset, production pipelines, QA, style guide, rapidly shifting developers and content creators from project to project as they are needed, clear definition of roles and hierarchy, every worker – a cog in a well oiled machine, generating shareholder value... new AAA game every year, no, THREE TIMES a year, just like UbiSoft

I consider most of that fabulously optimistic in the context of game making. Especially since Microsoft allegedly leave the studios a lot of independence. And regarding things like toolsets, I've yet to be convinced that EA benefits from developing Frostbyte.

Jeez man, I was shitposting. Even so, this is how suits think.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
That is my point, like do people not talk to the companion NPCs? What is the point of playing Vegas, then?

Of course it's to play for the amazing quality shooting mecahnic provied by the good old Creation engine or whatever it's called nowdays.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Now i don't have get Bethesda games by other.. Means.. Now i can just get them via Gamepass.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Keeping the timed exclusivity for Deathloop and Ghostwire makes sense since there are probably signed agreements with big penalties. Hinting future stuff will be on a "case by case basis" seems like PR speak to me though. Obviously MS has allowed stuff on other platforms before like Minecraft, but I don't see them spending 7.5 billion dollars to have Elder Scrolls VI launch on PS5.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Doom x Halo crossover when?
cgvwwldgbio51.jpg

I'm not sorry.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
How the fuck do you play FNV and not find out that Veronica is gay

Also you have to speak to Arcade to get one of the best power armours in the game so him too
I had no idea arcade is gay until I read it somewhere way after playing it
they did the "gay people are normal" bit, they were hinting at it with every line begging you to ask them the relevant question so they could tell you how gay and normal they are - to me it came off gayer than how I'd actually expect gay people to talk like

Arcade: FUCK ME IN MY ASS, I'M A FAGGOT
player: so you fight the Good Fight with your ass in Freeside
Arcade: well, holy shit! aren't you a chip off the old block? you must be as smart as your dad
player: you know, my dad taught me other ways than using your ass, like using your mouth
Arcade: will you show me?
player: I'd be right happy to

Is it ok to not give a flying fuck about this? Between the two of them, Bethesda and Microsoft have produced exactly zero games since 1999 that I give a shit about: Age of Empires 2.

J1M

Arcane
Oh no, now console peasants will have to choose between Latino Spiderman Game and Doom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom