Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft acquires Bethesda/Zenimax

Archibald

Arcane
You might want to sit down for this because it may come as a shock.

It turns out that Tim Cain, the first and for a quite a while only worker on the Fallout project -- the creator of the entire franchise, if you will --... is gay.
Nah, I know.

But you see, Tim wasn't hellbent on filling his games with queer characters, despite his own sexual preferences. Although, Fallout 2, Arcanum and Bloodlines were always open for player to indulge in some same-sex relationship, if player chooses to do so, that is. See the difference?

Yes, this is how this stuff works. At first it is low key and eventually it becomes the focus.

ADL

Prophet
CDPR will be next. Mark my words.
Honestly this could be a good thing if CDPR pushes Microsoft towards DRM-free games. They're extremely passionate about their anti-DRM stance so I'm sure it'd be a mandatory requirement if they were to get bought.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
But you see, Tim wasn't hellbent on filling his games with queer characters, despite his own sexual preferences. Although, Fallout 2, Arcanum and Bloodlines were always open for player to indulge in some same-sex relationship, if player chooses to do so, that is. See the difference?

Clearly doesn't feel that way anymore. :M

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
All this negativity here is funny, especially since all of you will be playing everything they produce, especially those who claim were never interested in Bethesda or Microsoft games since the 00s... Seriously, stop lying. I can see that Skyrim icon on your desktop.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
All this negativity here is funny, especially since all of you will be playing everything they produce, especially those who claim were never interested in Bethesda or Microsoft games since the 00s... Seriously, stop lying. I can see that Skyrim icon on your desktop.

I never played Skyrim and don't give a shit about Elder Scrolls.. I'm here for ID and Arkane.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I laugh sadistically at your immense butthurt, goat fucker!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
especially since all of you will be playing everything they produce
Playing does not include paying.

Also the Skyrim icon was on my desktop for about an hour.
That arocious console UI was too much.

Prime Junta

I tried Skyrim a while back.

Pretty sure someone at some point went “No, no, no, no, NO, I said a VIKING simulator”

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Honestly this could be a good thing if CDPR pushes Microsoft towards DRM-free games. They're extremely passionate about their anti-DRM stance so I'm sure it'd be a mandatory requirement if they were to get bought.

Microsoft only cares about subscriptions and at a later time streaming. Owning games is a thing of the past for them.

Naraya

Arcane

Microsoft only cares about subscriptions and at a later time streaming. Owning games is a thing of the past for them.
As much as I hate it, it's understandable as this is where the money is. Just look at all the streaming services and Amazon's Kindle.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
As much as I hate it, it's understandable as this is where the money is. Just look at all the streaming services and Amazon's Kindle.

Sony won the last gen with this ad:

Today, this is so last decade and wouldn't have any impact. Arguably even back then, it was more about feelz than people really doing it.

ADL

Prophet

Steam (and GOG) for people who would rather "own" games and GamePass for everyone else sounds like a good strategy. Seems to be working out for them given Sea of Thieves' popularity.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Sony won the last gen with this ad:

Today, this is so last decade and wouldn't have any impact. Arguably even back then, it was more about feelz than people really doing it.

Also apart from the fact that you had to rebuy most games you bought previously for previous generations including psx titles. Makes that video in retrospect full of shit.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I try to feel afraid that now Obsidian might be given the Fallout franchise, but I can't really care any more.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Is this good, bad, or just indifferent?

As far as I can see its a probably a setback in having some of Bethesdas backlog becoming avalible DRM Free via GOG.

Which is a shame as that sometimes nudges people to make a purchase which still gives them a scrap of personal ownership...

Aside from that it will mostly be "mediocrity in, mediocrity out" business as usual.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I can see that Skyrim icon on your desktop.
Hmm, I can't see that Skyrim icon you talk about...

2AlxrG.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom