Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 romances

Who will you romance in Baldur's Gate III

• Total voters

a cut of domestic sheep prime

BG1 is the result of Bhaal's harem romance route, change my mind.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Friendly reminder that Memri tv is an anti-arab/islam propaganda machine funded by America that is run by an Israeli ex-military intelligence officer. They have consistently been one-sided or have straight up mistranslated Arabic speakers in order to try to demonize them in the eyes of the public. Keep in mind this comment is calling out Israel and only Israel, not all jews.

BG3 is the result of Swens need to get away from his own IP after he realized how bad it is. Change my mind.

Gargaune

Magister
The nudity is confirmed, its not a joke.
Well fuck me running... You got me to look it up on ESRB:

Partial Nudity [...] The game contains a brief sequence depicting a couple with exposed buttocks and breasts engaging in sexual activity (i.e., a man guiding a character's hand towards his groin)—the camera cuts away to characters' faces.
Yxunomei_slither.GIF

a cut of domestic sheep prime

mistranslated Arabic speakers in order to try to demonize them in the eyes of the public
Yeah, and I'm sure all those ISIS beheading videos were mistranslated too. :roll:

Here's a non-propaganda video to help heal the divide between our two cultures:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Yeah, and I'm sure all those ISIS beheading videos were mistranslated too. :roll:

Here's a non-propaganda video to help heal the divide between our two cultures:
Me claiming that MemriTV is propaganda is not the same as me saying you can't find anything negative about an Arab, it's just saying don't spread around something that's lying to you and trying to make you believe fake shit. Learn some basic logic.

Here's some shit about white people drinking stupid shit too because a white president convinced them too. https://www.insider.com/texans-drink-bleach-poison-control-warns-wont-cure-coronavirus-2020-8
Congrats. your master race does have something in common with the Arabs. We really did bridge the divide.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Romances in RPGs are such strange things. You either have the balls to add in sexual content, or it's better to just leave romances out. Nobody has ever written a believable romance in a video game.

I expect at least one fully developed squick romance with an insect wifu considering Larian's history. Geez. I still haven't managed to forgot Radeka from D:OS2. :despair:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Romances in RPGs are such strange things. You either have the balls to add in sexual content, or it's better to just leave romances out. Nobody has ever written a believable romance in a video game.
Despite Avellone disliking them, PST has three of the best.

PST romances are good mostly because they don't follow the modern way of writing romances in a video game (there's very little to "do" in PST romances, IIRC). Also, still not very believable. You go from, "hey, I just met this weird, scarred amnesiac" and in a few days go to "I would give my life for his."

Uh... okay. But I guess believable isn't very exciting. Nobody wants to go weeks dating someone, having very awkward sex, and finding out they now have STDs.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
PST romances are good mostly because they don't follow the modern way of writing romances in a video game (there's very little to "do" in PST romances, IIRC). Also, still not very believable. You go from, "hey, I just met this weird, scarred amnesiac" and in a few days go to "I would give my life for his."

Uh... okay. But I guess believable isn't very exciting. Nobody wants to go weeks dating someone, having very awkward sex, and finding out they now have STDs.
PST romances are believable because women are fiends and if you kiss them you die.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You can romance her but she's a slut who will sleep around with others (apparently it's a racial trait).
IIRC Githyanki is an egglaying species. That would be awesome to see in a game.

You're going to be disappointed as I highly doubt Larian will discuss that aspect at all.

Also interesting since Gith are highly insinuated to be very similar to baseline humans before the mindflayers enslaved them. Man, some weird, fetish-fuel hijinks must've ensued during that period to make them egg-layers.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
You can romance her but she's a slut who will sleep around with others (apparently it's a racial trait).
IIRC Githyanki is an egglaying species. That would be awesome to see in a game.

You're going to be disappointed as I highly doubt Larian will discuss that aspect at all.

Also interesting since Gith are highly insinuated to be very similar to baseline humans before the mindflayers enslaved them. Man, some weird, fetish-fuel hijinks must've ensued during that period to make them egg-layers.

If they lay eggs they probably have a cloaca, so... yeah... don't eat THAT pussy!

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I disagree. Every game should just fade to black. I have never seen a good sex scene in a video game, they always come off as really stupid. Always have bad animations that make it unenjoyable to watch or have a narrator that makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Why did larian think it was a good idea to get some old man to describe foreplay again? Must be because they are all idiots who have no ability as content creators and constantly have horrible ideas.

Man you never know. In D:OS2 you can kiss an actual spider on the mouth for a buff... and then there is Radeka who "smells like excrement" and pours literal bugs and maggots down your throat if you are foolish enough to makeout with her next to a pile of corpses. Also you can fuck lizards? I think they are crazy enough to do this.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Once you've tasted one forbidden fruit, why stop there? Too bad it's a negative this time.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Also you can fuck lizards? I think they are crazy enough to do this.

And they completely glossed over whether or not they had human anatomy or cloacas. At least I think, I didn't really bother to remember the game at all.

I mean, anything's possible. But the smart money is that the game will fade to black and you'll get some cringy post-coital dialogue.

mibbles

codex grandma
Patron
Aaah, the cute doggy!! PET THE DOG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom