Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Grim Dawn

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
So I've downloaded some mods for art assets and pillaged them to make some fancy pet classes. My god is the file structure of this game absolute dogshit. Holy cow. Sometimes I think about dealing with the dumb way data is connected and stored and wanna off myself. On the other hand love playing super pet class. I modded the pets to stay fair but having like 40 pets is awesome. I have one super necro class and one class for non-necro pet stuff.

ExgN7z9.png

Perkel

Arcane
Since no one seems to follow updates to GD. Crate said that due to expansion numbers they gone back to work on GD from "service" mode. What does that mean ? Updates since start of 2019 (i list only major features since there are fuckton of smaller stuff):

Patch 1.1.0 March 2019

A surprise patch has appeared!
As we push towards the Forgotten Gods release (just 2 more days as of this post!), we are throwing every improvement we can at you.
Today’s patch has some pretty exciting changes to the animation system that we are thrilled to get into your hands.
We hope you enjoy this pre-release patch! For the full list of changes, see below:

[Major New Features]
  • Melee combat animations have been updated to feel more responsive and snappy. In some cases, the hit call occurs slightly faster than before, but overall animation timings remain the same as before and this change has no impact on the speed of attacks.
  • Improved blending on ranged combat animations. This change has no impact on the speed of attacks.
  • Improved weapon trails visible during weapon attacks, particularly with magic weapons.

Patch 1.2.0 May 2019

The latest patch is now live!
The updated spell effects bring a fresh coat of paint to the game and we are very pleased with how they turned out. You can also look forward to many item skill modifiers visually changing your skills where they previously did not!
Enjoy!

[Major New Features]
  • The Shattered Realm continues to destabilize with the introduction of 5 new levels!
  • Several older skill spell FX have been updated to meet our modern standards. See the Art Section for details!
  • Many Item Skills Modifiers with 100% Damage Conversion have been updated with new spell FX.
  • Some older item sets have fallen behind their more modern brethren. We took this patch as an opportunity to redesign them and bring a new life to their gameplay. We hope you enjoy the following revised sets:
  • Bloodrager’s Frenzy
  • Bloodrager’s Endless Frenzy
  • Iskandra’s Unity
  • Iskandra’s Unification
  • The Clairvoyant
  • The Clairvoyant’s Focus
  • Ulzuin’s Infernal Avatar

Patch 1.3.0 June 2019

The latest major content update is now live for Grim Dawn!
With this update, your loot hunt continues with 5 all-new Legendary quality sets awaiting discovery. Explore deeper into the Shattered Realm with all new anomalies, and of course enjoy a whole collection of great features and balancing.

This update also coincides with the release of Loyalist Item Pack #2 548, which is a gorgeous collection of vanity items you can purchase in support of development at Crate!

[Major New Features]
  • The loot hunt continues with Twenty new items across five Legendary sets to open up new playstyles!
  • The Shattered Realm continues to crumble with 4 twisted new anomaly levels to surprise you along the way!
  • The Coven of Ugdenbog now sells Invisible Helm and Shoulder illusions at their Quartermaster.
  • Loyalist Item Pack #2 is now available for purchase. Claim your new collection of awesome illusions and companions and support Crate Entertainment!
  • Additional Totally Normal objects have been discovered in the world of Cairn.

Patch 1.4.0 July 2019

[Deferred Rendering]
With this patch, you can now toggle Deferred Rendering under the Video Options.

Deferred Rendering utilizes additional graphics memory to reduce total draw calls per frame by around 30% or more. This should result in a decent performance increase, especially at high video settings. Complex scenes, such as Devil’s Crossing and parts of Fort Ikon, should see the largest gains.

With Deferred Rendering also come additional video setting levels: Very High for Reflections and Particles. With Particles set to Very High, you can enjoy awesome lighting effects on various spells and abilities that will make combat at night and in undergrounds especially dynamic!

Note: Deferred Renderring does require DirectX 11, so if you are running DirectX 9, you will not be able to toggle this setting. Deferred Rendering also uses FXAA Anti-Aliasing, so that option becomes a toggle rather than a drop-down when the new renderer is enabled.

[Update to Game Difficulty]
With this patch, the base game has received a substantial balancing overhaul of Normal/Veteran and Elite difficulties, over 1800 database records in all!

We felt that, over time, the base game’s difficulty has waned significantly relative to the power growth of player characters, and even compared to the Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods expansions.

We’ve narrowed the gap between the expansion content and the base game content, meaning that the lower levels should feel more exhilarating to play and the jump between difficulties will be much smoother.

Does this mean the endgame has gotten more difficult? Well, yes and no. No because we focused balancing on the early game (roughly levels 1-60), but yes because we’ve updated old monster and boss encounters to deal damage in line with expansion enemies. All in all, the challenge should feel more consistent!

[Major New Features]

• Auto-Loot for Components, Consumables and Crafting Materials is now available! Simply toggle the option in in the Game Options!
  • Partial Components that are looted are now automatically merged with other Partial Components in your inventory.
  • Monster Health Bars are now available! To enable them, open the Game Options menu and select your desired settings under the HUD tab.
  • Monster HUD has been overhauled with updated visuals.
  • Game Options menu has been updated with a new tab. The General tab has been split into Gameplay and Interface for better organization, and also cause General was ready to explode with options.
  • The Crafting UI now has a Search Bar to filter through your blueprints based on name or specific stats, similar to the Devotion search.
  • Owners of the Ashes of Malmouth expansion now have a Search Bar within the Stash, which will highlight items based on your parameters.

Patch 1.5.0 November 2019

The moment has arrived at last. Grim Dawn’s largest free content update ever is here!
With v1.1.5.0, Grim Dawn has received a staggering update to itemization, over 6000 database changes. If that alone were not enough, v1.1.5.0 also features the Tomb of the Heretic roguelike dungeon for Forgotten Gods and a series of smaller dungeons that will lead you on a quest to uncovering its entrance. The claim that this is Grim Dawn’s largest update ever is no exaggeration. For just a taste of all that’s in store for you, you can read the changelog below.

We are beyond proud to get the culmination of many months work into your hands today and hope you all enjoy!

With this update, we have made significant changes to Epic items. Epics did not receive as much balancing love as Legendary items over the years, and that changes with v1.1.5.0.

We went through hundreds of items to make them more exciting to discover and to make them more interesting for builds. While Epics are not intended to compete with Legendaries for endgame purposes, we felt that it wouldn’t hurt to give them a bit of a bump!

As with Rare Affixes, these changes were done for all levels, so that getting unique items even while you level feels awesome and exciting!

As almost every Epic item in the game has been updated in some way, there were far too many to list in the patch notes. Check out the items in game and enjoy!

Another major balancing pass of this patch involves Rare Affixes. We went through every Rare Affix in the game and made some degree of adjustments to most of them.

Sometimes it was as simple as increasing the values on certain attributes, but many saw entirely new stats added that should make more affixes not only viable but also more exciting to find.

These changes were done for all levels of play, not just endgame, so that discovering new gear as you level up is that much more enticing.

As almost every Rare affix in the game has been updated in some way, there were far too many to list in the patch notes. Check out the items in game and enjoy!

The last portion of our balancing pass was for common weapons to have an improved sense of progression between tiers. In the process, a couple lower level tiers were removed entirely (any unused appearances are now available at the Fort Ikon Vendor that sells Commonly Good Looks).

Any items from the removed tiers in your inventory will remain, but are tagged as “Obsolete”.

You will find that almost all common weapons have had their damage increased and the gap in base damage between common weapons and Legendaries is now gone by max level.

[Major New Features]
  • Riggs at the Conclave of the Three is ready to collect on his debt. If you’ve taken him up on his offer and completed the main story of Forgotten Gods, you may wish to speak with him again to avoid…unfortunate consequences of not repaying your debt!
  • The path to a new roguelike dungeon, the Tomb of the Heretic, has been discovered within the Korvan lands. Getting inside, however, may not be so simple!
  • The Tomb of the Heretic content update features 12 new bosses and mini-bosses, 4 new Monster Infrequents, 8 new Epic items and a staggering 18 new Legendary items, most of which are found only within the new roguelike dungeon!
  • The Coven of Ugdenbog now sells an Invisible Medal illusion at their Quartermaster.
  • Loyalty has its dividends! Owners of the Loyalist Item Pack #2 should stop by Lancel the Knight to claim a ferocious new look: armor and weapons of the Great Wolf!

Patch 1.6.0 February 2020

[Major New Features]
  • Monster Totems now spawn randomly around the world. Activate them to trigger waves of dangerous spawns. Vanquish all the foes to be showered with rewards!
  • Ten new Legendary quality weapons have been added to the game. These weapons can rarely drop from any source, but are more likely to appear from Monster Totems.
  • Ilgorr the Eternal, from the Steps of Torment, and Lagoth’Ak Harbinger of Blood, from the Bastion of Chaos, have been rummaging through their possessions and discovered 4 new Monster Infrequent medals for you to collect.
  • This update includes numerous backend changes that should result in improved performance in certain situations (ex. when there are many monsters on the screen).
  • Only Show Double Rares loot filter has been replaced with Always Show Double Rares. This filter functions similarly to the Always Show Uniques filter. You can retain the original functionality by unchecking Rare and Monster Infrequent filters and checking Always Show Double Rare.

Patch 1.7.0 June 2020

The Monster Infrequent update is upon us!

Featuring the largest changelog Grim Dawn’s seen yet (the old forum post character limit was 48000, had to raise it to 64000 to make this post), it’s sure to have changes that will strike your fancy. Among them are over 30 new Monster Infrequents, most of which are available even if you only own the base game!

All these Monster Infrequents will require farming of course, which is why we made some major changes to affix tables to make the experience much more enjoyable. Your chances of getting appropriate affixes will be greater than ever!

We are thrilled to have this latest collection of awesome changes in your hands and hope you enjoy an ever more polished experience.

[Major New Features]
  • Many bosses in the base game that previously had no unique loot have received the Monster Infrequent treatment. 30 new Monster Infrequents have been added to the base game and an additional 5 added to Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods.
  • Monster Infrequents now feature Item Skill modifiers in the base game and no longer require Ashes of Malmouth (Legendary item modifiers remain exclusive to expansions).
  • The Crucible DLC has been updated with four new maps for owners of Ashes of Malmouth and Forgotten Gods, two for each expansion: Crucible of the Bog, Crucible of the Woods, Crucible of the Stars and Crucible of the Crags, featuring new layouts and environments from the expansions to spice up your Crucible experience!
  • Many Epic items from the base game that previously had no Mythical version have had Mythical versions added to the Forgotten Gods loot pool. For more details, see below.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know what else they can do with Grim Dawn tbh, the game is bursting at the seams with content already, and there's content for basically everyone and every build imaginable (campaign, Crucible, Shattered Realms, roguelikes, Nemesis hunting, build testing). Probably the only gap in the masteries is an acid-focused ranged character. Maybe they could add an alchemist mastery? My biggest criticism has always been the map and the story being wobbly. If they do another expansion, they should focus more on the big picture and moving the story forward, however that may be. That can also be done with a few quests in a free update, I guess, if they are planning on developing Grim Dawn 2.

Last edited:

deama

Prophet
I'm surprised it still is going, I thought they'd be done with it by now and working on something new.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I don't know what else they can do with Grim Dawn tbh, the game is bursting at the seams with content already, and there's content for basically everyone and every build imaginable (campaign, Crucible, Shattered Realms, roguelikes, Nemesis hunting, build testing). Probably the only gap in the masteries is an acid-focused ranged character. Maybe they could add an alchemist mastery? My biggest criticism has always been the map and the story being wobbly. If they do another expansion, they should focus more on the big picture and moving the story forward, however that may be. That can also be done with a few quests in a free update, I guess, if they are planning on developing Grim Dawn 2.
I tried to come up with a cool and satisfying necro-themed melee char and couldn't. Death knight doesn't cut it and other options are even worse. Do expansion on that and I'm sold. Although, alchemist class sounds p kewl as well now that I think of it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
What are you looking for in a Necro-themed melee char? My Nightblade + Necro is pretty cool, zipping around and decimating legions of enemies with Bone Harvest. If you are looking for a melee + skeletons/pets, I think you are out of luck with the way itemization for pets works. You could try to play around with the Devotions that summon pets, but the skeletons don't work with a melee build because the necro melee chars are usually cold-based, while the skeletons are vitality/aether.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Pure, melee, necro-themed coolness. Primary attack replacement skill tree focused on that would be a good start. I was really, really disappointed when I saw that necro class doesn't have one.

With Titan Quest (I know, a different dev at this point) they went and added a new tier to all of the masteries. At this point I think that's a smarter option than adding new masteries. I'd focus on rounding out the class combinations that are a bit underpowered and without much synergy

Lacrymas

Arcane
Eeeh, like I said I'm not sure what they should do if they decide to continue on with GD. The only thing that stuck out to me as missing was a ranged acid-based build. You can kinda make one with a specific legendary gun, but it requires you have 2 of them. Some skills maaaybe need a redesign, like Dreeg's Evil Eye and Panetti's Missiles. I feel like Occultist needs a bit of a redesign entirely tbh, it's kind of all over the place and some skills are kinda lame or never used. Like Sigil of Consumption, DEE, Raven, Doom Bolt, I think the doggy's Infernal Breath reduces its DPS. They could also polish up or create new animations for the PC, some spellcasting animations are goofy and clunky (like DEE and Panetti's, funnily enough) along with caster orb off-hands being unnaturally handled by the model. That's all polish however and could be done in a patch.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
OA is too low. Uncapped bleed resistance will get you in trouble in places (Kubacabra will fuck you up). Uncapped cold and electrical will get you murked in a goddamn hurry with some bosses IIRC (I wouldn't try fucking with Moosilauke without capped cold, and Valdaran can demolish you without overcapped electrical),

Perkel

Arcane
What i wish the most rn for GD is for them to add double mastery. Meaning i can play for example pure necro, since you won't be using some combos from other classes then all skills should get 1,5 multiplayer to their max level (or whatever it requires).

Basically on lvl10 you would pick second time your class again.

Sykar

Arcane
Patch 1.8.0 up now on Steam.
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-8-0/103853

V1.1.8.0

[Major New Features]

• The world of Cairn has expanded. Areas previously inaccessible can now be explored. With them come new dangers, and rewards!
  • New foes means new treasures. Seven new Monster Infrequents have been added alongside new minibosses.
  • Three new Legendary weapons have been added to the game. Where they are found, that’s a mystery for you to solve!
  • A new power rises in the world of Cairn. Discover Celestial Monster Totems, offering fresh challenges.
  • Namadea, the Wendigo Ancient beneath Barrowholm, now has two Monster Infrequents unique to her rather than dropping a selection of Monster Infrequents from Wendigo enemies. Forgotten Gods expansion is not required to acquire these items.
  • Anasteria, now has two Monster Infrequents unique to her, in addition to her Legendary helmet.
[Shattered Realm]

• Nemesis bosses now give more progress towards completing a chunk at higher shards (up to 100% more at shards 60+)
  • Outcast’s Secret can no longer drop in the Shattered Realm
[Crucible]

• Outcast’s Secret can no longer drop in the Crucible
[Animation]

• Increased Animation Speed on Leap, Disengage, Teleport and Rush type movement skills by 30%
[Tech]

• All summoned pets are now unsummoned if equipment affecting their skill level is removed. Previously, this only affected invincible player-scaling pets (ex. Blade Spirits).
  • Fixed an issue where Disengage type movement skills would clip excessively on pathing. Its behavior is now consistent with Teleport and Leap.
  • Increased number of sound slots to 128 to alleviate rare situations where certain game sounds would not play because the previous limit of 64 had been reached.
  • Fixed skills such as Ravenous Earth sometimes appearing in non playable space when using a controller.
[Game]

• Reduced All monster resists by ~5% on Elite and Ultimate difficulties in Singleplayer (monster resists continue to scale up with additional players). This change is compensated by an across the board adjustment to Resist Reduction skills in all masteries.
  • The Barrowholm dungeon now has additional hero types in its spawn pools and spawns more heroes in general.
[Itemization]

• Fixed an issue where many common and Monster Infrequent helms would sometimes drop with a single affix below level 70. Additionally, fixed an issue where Resist prefixes would not roll on these helmets.
  • Reduced Cooldowns and increased damage on Charge and Vanish type Rune Augment skills
  • Faction: increased % Resist values on Armor Augments
  • Faction - Bloodborer: added 18 Pierce damage modifier for Storm Spread
  • Faction - Bloodrender: added +2s Duration modifier for Siphon Souls
  • Faction - Corruptian: added 100% of Acid dealt as Physical modifier for Ravenous Earth and increased its Physical damage modifier to 80. Replaced 100 Poison / 5s modifier for Ravenous Earth with Internal Trauma. Increased Poison damage modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye to 80 / 5s.
  • Faction - Heart of Malmouth: added % Aether damage
  • Faction - Hex Launcher: added 45% of Vitality dealt as Aether and +2 to Arcane Empowerment. Increased % Vitality dealt as Aether modifier for Drain Essence to 100%
  • Faction - Mark of Burning Shadows: increased Fire damage modifier for Bone Harvest to 180 and replaced Vitality Decay modifier for Righteous Fervor with 26 Vitality damage
  • Faction - Mark of the Farseer: increased Electrocute damage for Primal Strike to 120 / 3s and its Bleed damage modifier to 200 / 2s
  • Faction - Mark of the Shadow Queen: added +3 to Spectral Binding and +3 to Ulzuin’s Wrath. Added Spectral Binding modifiers.
  • Faction - Nightstalker Pendant: added +1 to Demolitionist Skills and Fire Strike modifiers
  • Faction - The Desolator: added +2 to Soldier Skills
  • Faction - Witch Moon: added +1 to Demolitionist Skills
  • Faction - Word of Solael: increased Vitality Decay damage modifiers for Bloody Pox and Grenado to 110 / 1s and 280 / 5s, respectively
  • Relic - Absolution: reduced Acid Retaliation to 400 and reduced % Acid and Fire Retaliation on the granted skill to 150%
  • Relic - Uroboruuk’s Reaping: increased Vitality damage to 16 and increased damage on the granted skill
  • Relic - Yugol’s Hunger: increased % Weapon damage on the granted skill
Monster Infrequents

• Aetherscorched Cleaver: increased % Aether dealt as Physical to 50%
  • Bloodlord’s Blade: increased % Chance of 100% Cooldown Reduction modifier for Possession to 12%
  • Bolvar’s Pendant: fixed an issue where the Resist Reduction modifiers for Summon Guardian of Empyrion were not properly applying
  • Boneslicer: increased % Fire dealt as Physical to 50%
  • Colossal Fortress: added -0.3s Cooldown modifier for Vindictive Flame
  • Crimson’s Vile Scepter: added 24 Acid damage modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye
  • Korvan Celestial Halberd: reduced % Crit damage modifier for Blade Arc to 35%
  • Lagoth’Ak’s Voidbinding: added Blackwater Cocktail modifier that went missing in v1.1.7.0. This issue was only present for owners of Forgotten Gods.
  • Leafmane Horn: increased Acid damage modifier for Ravenous Earth to 100
  • Moltenclaw Slicer: increased % Pierce dealt as Fire to 50% and added -10% Fire Resist modifier for Veil of Shadow
  • Obsidian Defender: increased Chaos damage modifiers for Solael’s Witchfire and Shattering Smash to 12-40 and 152-320, respectively
  • Reaper’s Legguards: added +3 to Eye of Reckoning
  • Riftclaw Slicer: increased % Vitality dealt as Fire to 50%
  • Rylok Crest: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Fighting Spirit
  • Scorpius Bludgeon: increased Bleed damage modifier for Blade Arc to 110 / 3s
  • Servitor’s Cleaver: added 22 Fire damage modifier for Righteous Fervor
  • Storm Herald: increased Lightning damage modifier for Doom Bolt to 250-600
  • Warden’s Judgment: increased % Physical dealt as Aether for pets to 100%
Epic Items

• Fixed an issue where Mythical Deathbringer Raiment, Mythical Darkflame Chestguard, Mythical Wraith Knight’s Pauldrons, Mythical Wreath of Souls and Mythical Rotmender’s Hat could not drop above level 85.
  • Arcane Eclipse: added 10% of Physical dealt as Elemental
  • Baldir’s Regalia Set: added support for Demolitionist on the set and its pieces
  • Elemental Balance Set: replaced Fire and Cold damage with 2 Energy Regen, 18 Offensive Ability and 18 Defensive Ability
  • Elemental Harmony Set: replaced Fire and Cold damage with 5 Energy Regen, 30 Offensive Ability and 30 Defensive Ability
  • Horns of Ekket’Zul (Mythical): added +4 to Death Sentence
  • Mythical Alakrian’s Invoker: added +2 to Blackwater Cocktail
  • Mythical Alchemist’s Mantle: added +2 to Ravenous Earth
  • Mythical Amarastan Pauldrons: added +2 to Reckless Power
  • Mythical Arcane Eclipse: added +4 to Fighting Spirit and 10% of Physical dealt as Elemental
  • Mythical Astral Legwraps: added +2 to Spectral Wrath
  • Mythical Astral Robes: added +3 to Spectral Binding and 30% of Aether dealt as Elemental
  • Mythical Band of Black Ice: added +2 to Flashbang and 15% of Fire dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Band of Wandering Souls: added +2 to Dual Blades
  • Mythical Banshee’s Misery: added 45% of Vitality dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Burrwitch Peacekeeper: added 25% of Pierce dealt as Physical
  • Mythical Cerulean Shard: added +1 Nightblade Skills and 25% of Pierce dealt as Lightning
  • Mythical Chillsurge Ring: added +2 to Spectral Binding and 15% of Aether dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Crown of Infernal Gems: added +2 to Vindictive Flame
  • Mythical Cruel Edge: added +2 to Deadly Aim
  • Mythical Death Ward: added +1 to Soldier Skills and 10% of Physical dealt as Vitality
  • Mythical Dissenter: added +2 to Markovian’s Advantage
  • Mythical Dreadweave Girdle: added 30% of Vitality dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Eye of the Beholder: added +3 to Shadow Dance and 25% of Pierce dealt as Chaos
  • Mythical Flesheater Legwraps: added +2 to Anatomy of Murder
  • Mythical Grim Harvest Boots: added 3% Physical Resist
  • Mythical Haruud’s Frigid Grip: added +2 to Shattering Blast and +2 to Shadow Dance
  • Mythical Jaravuuk’s Bite: added +2 to Death Sentence
  • Mythical Lorekeeper’s Band: added +2 to Oak Skin
  • Mythical Magelord’s Greaves: added +2 to Flashbang
  • Mythical Magnison’s Trench Coat: added +2 to Blade Spirit
  • Mythical Mark of Anguished Lies: added +2 to Lethal Assault
  • Mythical Nar’s Arcane Destroyer: added +2 to Soldier Skills and 45% of Physical dealt as Elemental
  • Mythical Nighthunter’s Chestguard: added +2 to Fire Strike and 25% of Fire dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Orwell’s Revolver: added +2 to Fighting Spirit and 15% of Physical dealt as Lightning
  • Mythical Outlaw’s Retribution: added +2 to Scars of Battle and 25% of Fire dealt as Physical
  • Mythical Plaguemancer’s Amulet: added 25% of Cold dealt as Vitality
  • Mythical Revenant’s Edge: added +4 to Blitz
  • Mythical Rift-Torn Greaves: added 3% Physical Resist and +2 to Cadence
  • Mythical Ruby of Elemental Balance: added 11 Fire damage
  • Mythical Runeforged Chestguard: added +2 to Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Runesinged Handguards: added +3 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Mythical Sapphire of Elemental Balance: added 11 Cold damage
  • Mythical Sellecor’s March: added +2 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Mythical Solemn Mark: added +2 to Arcane Empowerment
  • Mythical Soulsplitter: added +2 to Soldier Skills and 45% of Physical dealt as Aether
  • Mythical Sparkbolt Arbalest: increased % Attack Speed to 20%
  • Mythical Spellsage Boots: added +2 to Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Spellstalker’s Mantle: added +2 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Mythical Spellweave Legwraps: added +2 to Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Starfire: added +2 to Bone Harvest and 15% of Vitality dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Stormguard: added 8% Physical Resist
  • Mythical Tempest Sigil: added +2 to Oak Skin
  • Mythical Veilwarden Band: added +2 to Righteous Fervor
  • Mythical Voidblade: added +2 to Death Sentence
  • Mythical Volcanum: added +3 to Shadow Strike
  • Mythical Watcher of the Frozen North: added 8% Physical Resist
  • Mythical Widow’s Sting: added 15% of Pierce dealt as Acid
  • Mythical Windborne Greaves: added +2 to Thermite Mine
  • Mythical Wreath of Souls: updated Conversion to 25% of Elemental dealt as Vitality
  • Nightscorn: added +2 to Shadow Dance
  • Scepter of Malmouth (Mythical): added 25% of Elemental dealt as Vitality, +2 to Elemental Awakening and +2 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Soulless Gaze (Mythical): added +2 to Searing Light
  • Stormserpent Armor: added 3-25 Lightning damage
  • Stormserpent Loop: added 3-25 Lightning damage
  • Tainted Gaze (Mythical): added +2 to Dual Blades and 25% of Pierce dealt as Fire
  • The Magelord Set: added support for Inquisitor on the set and its pieces
  • Widow’s Sting: added 15% of Pierce dealt as Acid
Legendary Non-Set Items

• Amatok’s Step: increased Defensive Ability to 32
  • Blazeheart: increased Fire damage modifier for Fire Strike to 22
  • Chillheart: added +1 to Demolitionist Skills
  • Conduit of Arcane Whispers: increased Vitality damage modifier for Panetti’s Replicating Missile to 102
  • Conduit of Destructive Whispers: added 100% of Fire dealt as Lightning modifier for Blackwater Cocktail variant. Increased Vitality and Cold damage modifiers for Grenado. Added 1.0 Radius modifier for Canister Bomb.
  • Conduit of Divine Whispers: increased Cold damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 55
  • Conduit of Eldritch Whispers: added +2 Radius modifier for Fire and Acid variants of Doom Bolt
  • Conduit of Night Whispers: added -15% Fire Resist Reduction modifier for Veil of Shadow variant
  • Conduit of Undying Whispers: updated Acid modifier for Ravenous Earth to Aether
  • Decree of the Circle of Five: increased damage on the granted skill
  • Doombringer: adjusted bonuses on the granted skill
  • Embercore Shoulderguard: added +2 to Shadow Strike
  • Fateweaver’s Raiment: added +2 to Blade Spirit
  • Grim Fate: increased Cooldown on the skill proc to 0.8s
  • Horns of Korvaak: added 30% of Vitality dealt as Elemental and reduced Cooldown on the skill proc
  • Jarinthor’s Head: increased % Pierce and % Bleed damage to 260%
  • Mantle of Mogdrogen: increased % Fire dealt as Lightning for pets to 100% and added 100% Vitality dealt as Lightning for pets
  • Morguul’s Mortality: skill proc is now applied in a radius
  • Mythical Agony: increased % Attack Speed to 16% and reverted % Retaliation added to Attack modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 6%
  • Mythical Alladrah’s Spellblade: added 100% of Physical dealt as Fire modifiers for Fire Strike and Savagery. Increased Fire damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 16 and added 24 Fire damage and 32 Fire damage modifiers for Fire Strike and Savagery, respectively.
  • Mythical Amatok’s Step: increased Defensive Ability to 60 and added +2 to Ring of Steel
  • Mythical Arcanor, Blade of the Luminari: added +4 to Spectral Binding and modifiers for Spectral Binding. Removed Duration modifier for Inquisitor Seal.
  • Mythical Arcanum Electrollis: added 30% Stun Resist and +3 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Mythical Band of the Eternal Pyre: added +2 to Execution
  • Mythical Bonescavenger’s Deathgrips: added 50% of Acid dealt as Vitality for pets
  • Mythical Bonewraith Pauldrons: added 14 Vitality damage
  • Mythical Brutallax: added 40 Pierce damage modifier for Amarasta’s Quick Cut and 50 Bleed damage / 3s and 30 Bleed damage / 3s modifiers for Savagery and Presence of Virtue, respectively
  • Mythical Chausses of Barbaros: added +2 to Blast Shield
  • Mythical Chillflame Evoker: added +3 to Lethal Assault
  • Mythical Cinderscorn: increased Burn damage modifier for Vire’s Might to 180 / 2s
  • Mythical Colossal Grasp: increased % Attack Speed and % Chance of Physical damage on the granted skill
  • Mythical Consumption of Agrivix: added +1 to Soldier Skills and 45% of Physical dealt as Fire
  • Mythical Crown of the Revenant King: increased Vitality damage modifiers for Righteous Fervor and Smite to 40 and 210, respectively
  • Mythical Damnation: increased Vitality damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 35
  • Mythical Deathdealer’s Sidearm: increased Physical damage modifiers for Reaping Strike and Smite to 140
  • Mythical Deathlord’s Band: added 12 Vitality damage
  • Mythical Death’s Reach: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 30% and increased % Resist Reduction modifiers for Bloody Pox and Devouring Swarm to -15%
  • Mythical Decree of the Circle of Five: increased damage on the granted skill
  • Mythical Doombringer: removed % Crit damage modifier for Cadence. Added Herald of Doom granted skill to the Mythical version of this item.
  • Mythical Dread Knight’s Guard: added 14 Vitality damage
  • Mythical Edge of Sanity: increased Aether damage modifiers for Markovian’s Advantage and Reaping Strike to 140
  • Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: increased Chaos damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 33
  • Mythical Exterminus: increased Fire damage modifier for Fire Strike to 22
  • Mythical Fiend’s Resolve: added 45% of Aether dealt as Chaos and added 100% of Vitality dealt as Chaos modifier for Ravenous Earth
  • Mythical Footpads of the Grey Magi: added +2 to Phantasmal Armor
  • Mythical Gavel of Ravenous Souls: increased Physical damage modifier for Vire’s Might to 70
  • Mythical Grasp of Unchained Might: added +3 to Aura of Conviction and modifiers for it
  • Mythical Grim Fate: increased Cooldown on the skill proc to 0.8s
  • Mythical Heart of the Sand King: increased Bleed damage modifier for Mogdrogen’s Pact to 26 / 3s
  • Mythical Herald of Amatok: added +3 to Blast Shield
  • Mythical Herald of Blazing Ends: added +2 to Veil of Shadow and modifiers for it, increased % Elemental Resist to 24% and removed % Fire Resist
  • Mythical Inashkor’s Corrupted Head: increased Physical damage modifier for Doom Bolt to 400
  • Mythical Inashkor’s Head: reduced Physical damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 30
  • Mythical Jarinthor’s Head: increased % Pierce and % Bleed damage to 392%
  • Mythical Jaxxon’s Lucky Bullet: added +2 to Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Legwraps of the Tranquil Mind: increased bonus to Primal Bond to +3 and added +3 to Veil of Shadow
  • Mythical Malakor’s Infusion: added 70 Elemental damage modifier for Field Command, removed Cadence modifier
  • Mythical Mark of Anathema: added +2 to Hellfire Mine
  • Mythical Mark of Bloody Ends: increased Bleed damage modifiers for Summon Blight Fiend and Summon Briarthorn to 80 / 3s
  • Mythical Mark of Dark Dreams: added +2 to Blast Shield and a Blast Shield modifier
  • Mythical Mask of Infernal Truth: added +1 to Nightblade Skills
  • Mythical Morguul’s Mortality: added 45% of Cold dealt as Vitality and increased % Vitality Decay Duration to 120%. Skill proc is now applied in a radius.
  • Mythical Northern Wyrm: increased Defensive Ability to 105 and updated values on the granted skill
  • Mythical Oathbearer: added -1s Cooldown modifier for Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Obsidian Juggernaut: added 12-46 Chaos damage and 100% Chaos damage modifiers for Field Command
  • Mythical Panetti’s Replicating Wand: replaced Duration modifier for Inquisitor Seal with +2 Summon Limit modifier
  • Mythical Pretty Great Pants: added 3 Energy Regeneration
  • Mythical Quillthrower of Dreeg: updated damage on the skill proc
  • Mythical Reign of Ice and Fire: replaced bonus to Absolute Zero with +2 to Shadow Strike
  • Mythical Rotdrinker Crest: added % Damage Reduction to the skill proc
  • Mythical Scion of Noxious Wounds: added 55 Acid damage modifiers for Execution and Necrotic Edge
  • Mythical Shadowflame Mantle: added +2 to Second Rite
  • Mythical Siegebreaker: added +3 to Word of Pain and modifiers for it and increased Internal Trauma damage on the granted skill
  • Mythical Signet of the Fallen: added 9% Attack Speed
  • Mythical Spark of Ultos: added 24% Poison Resist
  • Mythical Soulblade: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Callidor’s Tempest to 18% and increased % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Righteous Fervor to 8%
  • Mythical Soulcatcher: added 100% of Acid dealt as Chaos modifier for Ravenous Earth and increased its Chaos damage modifier to 120
  • Mythical Stonefist Rebuke: added -18% Physical Resist and 100% of Fire dealt as Physical modifiers for Aura of Censure
  • Mythical Stormreaver: added 40 Lightning damage modifier for Savagery
  • Mythical Stormseer Sapphire: added +3 to Static Strike
  • Mythical Thread of Mortality: increased skill bonuses to +4, Health Regeneration to 60 and % Health Regeneration to 30%. Added +4 to Veterancy.
  • Mythical Untouchable: added +1 to Inquisitor Skills and +2 to Word of Renewal
  • Mythical Venomlash: added 20 Acid damage modifier for Righteous Fervor and increased its Poison damage modifier to 70 / 5s
  • Mythical Viperfang Grips: increased Acid damage modifier for Ravenous Earth to 90 and Poison damage modifier for Aegis of Menhir to 140 / 5s
  • Mythical Voidrend Talons: increased Chaos damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 20-45
  • Mythical Voidsteel Gauntlets: added 50-300 Chaos damage modifier for Smite
  • Mythical Wendigomane Leggings: added +3 to Fighting Spirit and increased damage on the skill proc
  • Mythical Whisperer of Secrets: increased Bleed damage modifier for Ring of Steel to 200 / 3s
  • Mythical Will of the Living: increased Aether damage to 126 and reduced Cooldown on the granted skill
  • Mythical Wrath of Tenebris: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 20%
  • Mythical Wraithborne Legwraps: added +2 to Death Sentence
  • Mythical Wyrmbone Handguards: added 8% Attack Speed and +2 to Shadow Strike
  • Nightbringer: removed Health. Added 60 Vitality damage and 100 Vitality Decay / 2s modifiers for Wind Devil. Reduced damage dealt by the skill proc.
  • Outcast’s Secret: increased % Aether damage to 105% added 50% Slow Resist and +2 to Nullification
  • Quillthrower of Dreeg: updated damage on the skill proc
  • Shard of the Eternal Flame: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Canister Bomb
  • The Crimson Claws: added +3 to Whirling Death
  • Venomtongue Mantle: added +3 to Shadow Dance
  • Voice of Dreeg: removed Chaos dealt as Acid and added % Chaos damage. Increased Acid damage modifier for Ravenous Earth to 80 and added 20% Impaired Aim / 1s modifier for it.
Legendary Set Items

• Armor of the Eternal Night Set: reduced damage dealt by the skill proc
  • Bonemonger Hood: fixed an issue where the Resist Reduction modifier for Summon Guardian of Empyrion was not properly applying
  • Blood Knight Set: reduced Vitality damage dealt by summoned pet
  • Blood Knight’s Pendant: reduced Vitality damage dealt by summoned pet
  • Dark One’s Gift: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Wendigo Totem to 100
  • Faceguard of Justice: added +1 to Soldier Skills and removed bonuses to Blitz and Forcewave
  • Handguards of Justice: increased bonuses to Blitz and Forcewave to +3
  • Mask of Lost Souls: added +2 to Summon Hellhound
  • Shard of Lost Souls: added +1 to Occultist Skills and removed +2 to Summon Hellhound
  • Mythical Faceguard of Justice: added +1 to Soldier Skills and removed bonuses to Blitz and Forcewave
  • Mythical Handguards of Justice: increased bonuses to Blitz and Forcewave to +3
  • Rage of Agrivix Set: added 100% of Fire dealt as Aether modifier for Vindictive Flame
  • Rah’Zin’s Torment Set: increased Chaos damage modifier for Zolhan’s Technique to 80
  • Sentinel of the Three Set: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack modifier for Counter Strike to 10%
  • Targo’s Craft Set: increased Internal Trauma damage modifier for Blade Arc to 225 / 3s and increased Internal Trauma damage on the skill proc
  • Targo’s Mallet: increased Physical damage modifier for Amarasta’s Blade Burst to 110
  • Targo’s Helm: reduced Physical damage modifier for Amarasta’s Blade Burst to 60
  • The Blightlord’s Set: removed % Vitality Resist Reduction modifier for Summon Guardian of Empyrion
  • Blightlord’s Hood: removed Vitality damage modifier for Ravenous Earth and increased its Fire damage modifier to 56
  • The Voidsoul Set: increased % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Doom Bolt to 25% and increased Chaos damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 32-100
  • Ulzuin’s Infernal Avatar Set: added 0.5 Radius modifier for Canister Bomb
  • Valguur’s Hunger Set: increased Vitality damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption to 140 and reduced its % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier to 4%. Reduced % Life Leech Resist Reduction modifier for Siphon Souls to -5%.
  • Wildblood Vanguard Set: reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Grasping Vines to 35% and reduces its Duration modifier to 1s
  • Mythical Wildblood Crusher: removed Vitality damage modifier for Grasping Vines and reduced % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Grasping Vines to 10%
[Class & Skills]
Devotion

• Berserker: increased % Physical Resist to 4%, Offensive Ability to 70, % Bleed damage to 150% and Bleed damage to 20 / 3s
  • Gallows: increased % Health to 6% and added 8 Vitaliy damage, removed Health
  • Korvaak: increased % All damage to 130%
  • Leviathan: increased Defensive Ability to 60
  • Rattosh: added 10 Vitality damage and reduced Health to 150
  • Shieldmaiden: increased % Shield Recovery to -25%
  • Tempest: increased Offensive Ability to 45 and % Chance of % Lightning damage to 30% chance of 250%. Added 25 Defensive Ability.
  • Tree of Life: increased % Health to 21%, Health Regeneration to 80 and % Health Regeneration to 100%
  • Tsunami: increased Defensive Ability to 20
  • Black Blood of Yugol: increased % Damage Reduction to 16%
  • Blind Fury: can now be bound to additional skill types. This may cause your skill assignment to reset.
  • Bull Rush: reduced Cooldown to 0.4s. Can now be bound to additional skill types. This may cause your skill assignment to reset.
  • Dryad’s Blessing: reduced Cooldown by 0.5s
  • Guardian’s Gaze: increased % Attack damage Converted to Health to 15%
  • Maul: has been redesigned as an AoE debuff that causes Physical damage with Attack damage Converted to Health and Armor Reduction. Maul can now be bound to additional skill types. This may cause your skill assignment to reset.
  • Meteor Shower: reduced damage
  • Reckless Tempest: increased number of targets to 4
  • Tip the Scales: reduced Resist Reduction to 20 and reduced damage
  • Tsunami (Celestial Proc): increased Frostburn damage and added % Fumble and % Impaired Aim
  • Wendigo’s Mark: reduced damage
  • Will of Rattosh: reduced damage
Soldier

• Deadly Momentum: adjusted all % Damage bonuses to the same values, scaling to 65% by rank 12, 120% by max ultimate rank and increased Internal Trauma damage scaling with rank
  • Discord: increased Elemental damage to 72
  • Decorated Soldier: increased % damage scaling with rank to 64% by rank 8, 164% by max ultimate rank
  • Fighting Spirit: Cooldown now scales with rank, starting at 18s, scaling to 12s by rank 12, 10s by max ultimate rank
  • Internal Trauma: increased damage scaling with rank
  • Tremor: reduced % Damage Modifier penalty to -25% and % Weapon damage Penalty to -50%
  • Markovian’s Defense: reduced % Damage Modifier penalty to -15%
  • Menhir’s Bulwark: can now also be used with two-handed melee weapons
  • Menhir’s Will: increased base % Heal to 15% and adjusted its scaling with rank to 60% by rank 16, 90% by max ultimate rank. Adjusted Cooldown scaling with rank to 15s by rank 16, 12s by max ultimate rank
  • Military Conditioning: increased % Health scaling with rank to 24% by rank 10, 36% by max ultimate rank
  • Oleron’s Rage: increased base % Offensive Ability 3% and increased its scaling at ultimate ranks to 20% by max ultimate rank
  • Veterancy: increased % Health Regeneration scaling with rank to 32% by rank 10, 55% by max ultimate rank
  • War Cry: increased % Damage Reduction scaling at ultimate ranks to 35% by max ultimate rank
  • Break Morale: increased Physical Resist Reduction scaling with rank to 35 by rank 12, 45 by max ultimate rank
  • Terrify: increased Resist Reduction to 18
Demolitionist

• Blast Shield: reduced Cooldown to 11s and increased Absorption scaling at ultimate ranks to 2000 by max ultimate rank
  • Canister Bomb: reduced Radius to 3.2
  • Improved Casing: increased Radius scaling with rank to 2.5 by rank 10, 3.5 by max ultimate rank
  • Demon Fire: added % Damage Reduction
  • High Potency: replaced % Physical Damage Reduction with % Attack Speed Reduction
  • Grenado: increased Projectile Velocity and increased Radius to 3.5
  • High Impact: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank and increased % Chance of % Physical/Internal Trauma damage to 100% at all ranks
  • Shattering Blast: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank and increased Internal Trauma damage scaling with rank to 303 by rank 12, 580 by max ultimate rank
  • Mortar Trap: reduced damage scaling with rank
  • The Big One: increased damage scaling with rank. Can now fire multiple times through the Mortar Trap’s duration rather than only once.
  • Thermite Mine: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Hellfire Mine: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Ulzuin’s Chosen: increased % Energy Cost Reduction scaling with rank to 25% by rank 10, 35% by max ultimate rank
  • Ulzuin’s Wrath: replaced % Attack Speed Reduction with % Damage Reduction. Increased Targets scaling with rank to 7 by rank 12, 9 by max ultimate rank. Added % Retaliation added to Attack (Forgotten Gods only).
Occultist

• Blood Burst: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank and increased % Weapon damage scaling with rank to 35% by rank 12, 45% by max ultimate rank
  • Terrifying Gaze: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank
  • Curse of Frailty: adjusted Bleed Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes, Physical Resist Reduction remains unchanged
  • Vulnerability: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Hellfire: increased Fire Retaliation scaling with rank to 220 by rank 12, 460 by max ultimate rank and added Defensive Ability
  • Infernal Breath: added % Damage Reduction
  • Storm Spirit: increased % Chance of Lightning Retaliation to 100% chance, scaling with rank to 220 by rank 12, 460 by max ultimate rank
Nightblade

• Blade Spirit: reduced Pierce damage scaling with rank
  • Lethal Assault: increased Acid damage and removed Offensive Ability
  • Night’s Chill: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Pneumatic Burst: added Offensive Ability
Arcanist

• Callidor’s Tempest: increased % Weapon damage scaling at ultimate ranks to 60% by max ultimate rank
  • Inferno: increased Lightning damage scaling with rank
  • Disintegration: removed % Aether and % Fire damage
  • Tainted Power: added 10% Damage Modifier
  • Wrath of Agrivix: reduced % Weapon damage to 30% and % Damage Modifier bonus to 170%
  • Overload: reduced Offensive Ability scaling with rank to 133 by rank 12, 220 by max ultimate rank
  • Elemental Balance: reduced % Crit damage scaling with rank to 20% by rank 12, 30% by max ultimate rank
Shaman

• Devouring Swarm: increased Projectile Velocity and adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Oak Skin: added Defensive Ability
  • Raging Tempest: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Tenacity of the Boar: increased Offensive Ability scaling with rank to 120 by rank 12, 220 by max ultimate rank. Removed Defensive Ability.
Inquisitor

• Aura of Censure: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Aura of Conviction: added % Physical damage
  • Horn of Gandarr: replaced % Elemental and % Physical Damage Reduction with % Damage Reduction
  • Inquisitor Seal: increased Duration to 24s
  • Tainted Flame: increased % Damage Modified to 15%
Necromancer

• Call of the Grave: now also grants % damage and % Crit damage for the caster. Removed Health Regen for pets and combined the % damage bonuses into % All damage.
  • Master of Death: % Physical dealt as Vitality for pets now scales with rank to 50% by rank 12, 60% by max ultimate rank
  • Spectral Wrath: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Will of the Crypt: removed % Physical dealt as Vitality
Oathkeeper

• Celestial Presence: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Eye of Reckoning: increased % Weapon damage scaling at ultimate ranks to 38% by max ultimate rank
  • Haven: increased % Health scaling with rank to 25% by rank 10, 35% by max ultimate rank
  • Shattering Smash: fixed an issue where the shield’s damage was not properly included

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
What i wish the most rn for GD is for them to add double mastery. Meaning i can play for example pure necro, since you won't be using some combos from other classes then all skills should get 1,5 multiplayer to their max level (or whatever it requires).

Basically on lvl10 you would pick second time your class again.
You can actually go quite a long ways as a single-class Soldier. Might say something about Crate's bias towards builds that RIP AND TEAR instead of shoot or nuke. I don't think it was a coincidence that for quite a while the Physical Witchblade bordered on being a "fuck you, I win" button and might have been the only class combo that could reliably handle the full Crucible run (before they added the extra few waves of "fuck you, tough guy" stuff anyway). My most successful character for the longest time was a Bloodrager Warder which is basically the Grim Dawn incarnation of RIP AND TEAR. If the enemy did not have blood and guts to remove he gave them blood and guts and then removed them accordingly.

Perkel

Arcane
Patch 1.8.0 up now on Steam.
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grim-dawn-version-1-1-8-0/103853

V1.1.8.0

[Major New Features]

• The world of Cairn has expanded. Areas previously inaccessible can now be explored. With them come new dangers, and rewards!
  • New foes means new treasures. Seven new Monster Infrequents have been added alongside new minibosses.
  • Three new Legendary weapons have been added to the game. Where they are found, that’s a mystery for you to solve!
  • A new power rises in the world of Cairn. Discover Celestial Monster Totems, offering fresh challenges.
  • Namadea, the Wendigo Ancient beneath Barrowholm, now has two Monster Infrequents unique to her rather than dropping a selection of Monster Infrequents from Wendigo enemies. Forgotten Gods expansion is not required to acquire these items.
  • Anasteria, now has two Monster Infrequents unique to her, in addition to her Legendary helmet.
[Shattered Realm]

• Nemesis bosses now give more progress towards completing a chunk at higher shards (up to 100% more at shards 60+)
  • Outcast’s Secret can no longer drop in the Shattered Realm
[Crucible]

• Outcast’s Secret can no longer drop in the Crucible
[Animation]

• Increased Animation Speed on Leap, Disengage, Teleport and Rush type movement skills by 30%
[Tech]

• All summoned pets are now unsummoned if equipment affecting their skill level is removed. Previously, this only affected invincible player-scaling pets (ex. Blade Spirits).
  • Fixed an issue where Disengage type movement skills would clip excessively on pathing. Its behavior is now consistent with Teleport and Leap.
  • Increased number of sound slots to 128 to alleviate rare situations where certain game sounds would not play because the previous limit of 64 had been reached.
  • Fixed skills such as Ravenous Earth sometimes appearing in non playable space when using a controller.
[Game]

• Reduced All monster resists by ~5% on Elite and Ultimate difficulties in Singleplayer (monster resists continue to scale up with additional players). This change is compensated by an across the board adjustment to Resist Reduction skills in all masteries.
  • The Barrowholm dungeon now has additional hero types in its spawn pools and spawns more heroes in general.
[Itemization]

• Fixed an issue where many common and Monster Infrequent helms would sometimes drop with a single affix below level 70. Additionally, fixed an issue where Resist prefixes would not roll on these helmets.
  • Reduced Cooldowns and increased damage on Charge and Vanish type Rune Augment skills
  • Faction: increased % Resist values on Armor Augments
  • Faction - Bloodborer: added 18 Pierce damage modifier for Storm Spread
  • Faction - Bloodrender: added +2s Duration modifier for Siphon Souls
  • Faction - Corruptian: added 100% of Acid dealt as Physical modifier for Ravenous Earth and increased its Physical damage modifier to 80. Replaced 100 Poison / 5s modifier for Ravenous Earth with Internal Trauma. Increased Poison damage modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye to 80 / 5s.
  • Faction - Heart of Malmouth: added % Aether damage
  • Faction - Hex Launcher: added 45% of Vitality dealt as Aether and +2 to Arcane Empowerment. Increased % Vitality dealt as Aether modifier for Drain Essence to 100%
  • Faction - Mark of Burning Shadows: increased Fire damage modifier for Bone Harvest to 180 and replaced Vitality Decay modifier for Righteous Fervor with 26 Vitality damage
  • Faction - Mark of the Farseer: increased Electrocute damage for Primal Strike to 120 / 3s and its Bleed damage modifier to 200 / 2s
  • Faction - Mark of the Shadow Queen: added +3 to Spectral Binding and +3 to Ulzuin’s Wrath. Added Spectral Binding modifiers.
  • Faction - Nightstalker Pendant: added +1 to Demolitionist Skills and Fire Strike modifiers
  • Faction - The Desolator: added +2 to Soldier Skills
  • Faction - Witch Moon: added +1 to Demolitionist Skills
  • Faction - Word of Solael: increased Vitality Decay damage modifiers for Bloody Pox and Grenado to 110 / 1s and 280 / 5s, respectively
  • Relic - Absolution: reduced Acid Retaliation to 400 and reduced % Acid and Fire Retaliation on the granted skill to 150%
  • Relic - Uroboruuk’s Reaping: increased Vitality damage to 16 and increased damage on the granted skill
  • Relic - Yugol’s Hunger: increased % Weapon damage on the granted skill
Monster Infrequents

• Aetherscorched Cleaver: increased % Aether dealt as Physical to 50%
  • Bloodlord’s Blade: increased % Chance of 100% Cooldown Reduction modifier for Possession to 12%
  • Bolvar’s Pendant: fixed an issue where the Resist Reduction modifiers for Summon Guardian of Empyrion were not properly applying
  • Boneslicer: increased % Fire dealt as Physical to 50%
  • Colossal Fortress: added -0.3s Cooldown modifier for Vindictive Flame
  • Crimson’s Vile Scepter: added 24 Acid damage modifier for Dreeg’s Evil Eye
  • Korvan Celestial Halberd: reduced % Crit damage modifier for Blade Arc to 35%
  • Lagoth’Ak’s Voidbinding: added Blackwater Cocktail modifier that went missing in v1.1.7.0. This issue was only present for owners of Forgotten Gods.
  • Leafmane Horn: increased Acid damage modifier for Ravenous Earth to 100
  • Moltenclaw Slicer: increased % Pierce dealt as Fire to 50% and added -10% Fire Resist modifier for Veil of Shadow
  • Obsidian Defender: increased Chaos damage modifiers for Solael’s Witchfire and Shattering Smash to 12-40 and 152-320, respectively
  • Reaper’s Legguards: added +3 to Eye of Reckoning
  • Riftclaw Slicer: increased % Vitality dealt as Fire to 50%
  • Rylok Crest: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Fighting Spirit
  • Scorpius Bludgeon: increased Bleed damage modifier for Blade Arc to 110 / 3s
  • Servitor’s Cleaver: added 22 Fire damage modifier for Righteous Fervor
  • Storm Herald: increased Lightning damage modifier for Doom Bolt to 250-600
  • Warden’s Judgment: increased % Physical dealt as Aether for pets to 100%
Epic Items

• Fixed an issue where Mythical Deathbringer Raiment, Mythical Darkflame Chestguard, Mythical Wraith Knight’s Pauldrons, Mythical Wreath of Souls and Mythical Rotmender’s Hat could not drop above level 85.
  • Arcane Eclipse: added 10% of Physical dealt as Elemental
  • Baldir’s Regalia Set: added support for Demolitionist on the set and its pieces
  • Elemental Balance Set: replaced Fire and Cold damage with 2 Energy Regen, 18 Offensive Ability and 18 Defensive Ability
  • Elemental Harmony Set: replaced Fire and Cold damage with 5 Energy Regen, 30 Offensive Ability and 30 Defensive Ability
  • Horns of Ekket’Zul (Mythical): added +4 to Death Sentence
  • Mythical Alakrian’s Invoker: added +2 to Blackwater Cocktail
  • Mythical Alchemist’s Mantle: added +2 to Ravenous Earth
  • Mythical Amarastan Pauldrons: added +2 to Reckless Power
  • Mythical Arcane Eclipse: added +4 to Fighting Spirit and 10% of Physical dealt as Elemental
  • Mythical Astral Legwraps: added +2 to Spectral Wrath
  • Mythical Astral Robes: added +3 to Spectral Binding and 30% of Aether dealt as Elemental
  • Mythical Band of Black Ice: added +2 to Flashbang and 15% of Fire dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Band of Wandering Souls: added +2 to Dual Blades
  • Mythical Banshee’s Misery: added 45% of Vitality dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Burrwitch Peacekeeper: added 25% of Pierce dealt as Physical
  • Mythical Cerulean Shard: added +1 Nightblade Skills and 25% of Pierce dealt as Lightning
  • Mythical Chillsurge Ring: added +2 to Spectral Binding and 15% of Aether dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Crown of Infernal Gems: added +2 to Vindictive Flame
  • Mythical Cruel Edge: added +2 to Deadly Aim
  • Mythical Death Ward: added +1 to Soldier Skills and 10% of Physical dealt as Vitality
  • Mythical Dissenter: added +2 to Markovian’s Advantage
  • Mythical Dreadweave Girdle: added 30% of Vitality dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Eye of the Beholder: added +3 to Shadow Dance and 25% of Pierce dealt as Chaos
  • Mythical Flesheater Legwraps: added +2 to Anatomy of Murder
  • Mythical Grim Harvest Boots: added 3% Physical Resist
  • Mythical Haruud’s Frigid Grip: added +2 to Shattering Blast and +2 to Shadow Dance
  • Mythical Jaravuuk’s Bite: added +2 to Death Sentence
  • Mythical Lorekeeper’s Band: added +2 to Oak Skin
  • Mythical Magelord’s Greaves: added +2 to Flashbang
  • Mythical Magnison’s Trench Coat: added +2 to Blade Spirit
  • Mythical Mark of Anguished Lies: added +2 to Lethal Assault
  • Mythical Nar’s Arcane Destroyer: added +2 to Soldier Skills and 45% of Physical dealt as Elemental
  • Mythical Nighthunter’s Chestguard: added +2 to Fire Strike and 25% of Fire dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Orwell’s Revolver: added +2 to Fighting Spirit and 15% of Physical dealt as Lightning
  • Mythical Outlaw’s Retribution: added +2 to Scars of Battle and 25% of Fire dealt as Physical
  • Mythical Plaguemancer’s Amulet: added 25% of Cold dealt as Vitality
  • Mythical Revenant’s Edge: added +4 to Blitz
  • Mythical Rift-Torn Greaves: added 3% Physical Resist and +2 to Cadence
  • Mythical Ruby of Elemental Balance: added 11 Fire damage
  • Mythical Runeforged Chestguard: added +2 to Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Runesinged Handguards: added +3 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Mythical Sapphire of Elemental Balance: added 11 Cold damage
  • Mythical Sellecor’s March: added +2 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Mythical Solemn Mark: added +2 to Arcane Empowerment
  • Mythical Soulsplitter: added +2 to Soldier Skills and 45% of Physical dealt as Aether
  • Mythical Sparkbolt Arbalest: increased % Attack Speed to 20%
  • Mythical Spellsage Boots: added +2 to Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Spellstalker’s Mantle: added +2 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Mythical Spellweave Legwraps: added +2 to Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Starfire: added +2 to Bone Harvest and 15% of Vitality dealt as Cold
  • Mythical Stormguard: added 8% Physical Resist
  • Mythical Tempest Sigil: added +2 to Oak Skin
  • Mythical Veilwarden Band: added +2 to Righteous Fervor
  • Mythical Voidblade: added +2 to Death Sentence
  • Mythical Volcanum: added +3 to Shadow Strike
  • Mythical Watcher of the Frozen North: added 8% Physical Resist
  • Mythical Widow’s Sting: added 15% of Pierce dealt as Acid
  • Mythical Windborne Greaves: added +2 to Thermite Mine
  • Mythical Wreath of Souls: updated Conversion to 25% of Elemental dealt as Vitality
  • Nightscorn: added +2 to Shadow Dance
  • Scepter of Malmouth (Mythical): added 25% of Elemental dealt as Vitality, +2 to Elemental Awakening and +2 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Soulless Gaze (Mythical): added +2 to Searing Light
  • Stormserpent Armor: added 3-25 Lightning damage
  • Stormserpent Loop: added 3-25 Lightning damage
  • Tainted Gaze (Mythical): added +2 to Dual Blades and 25% of Pierce dealt as Fire
  • The Magelord Set: added support for Inquisitor on the set and its pieces
  • Widow’s Sting: added 15% of Pierce dealt as Acid
Legendary Non-Set Items

• Amatok’s Step: increased Defensive Ability to 32
  • Blazeheart: increased Fire damage modifier for Fire Strike to 22
  • Chillheart: added +1 to Demolitionist Skills
  • Conduit of Arcane Whispers: increased Vitality damage modifier for Panetti’s Replicating Missile to 102
  • Conduit of Destructive Whispers: added 100% of Fire dealt as Lightning modifier for Blackwater Cocktail variant. Increased Vitality and Cold damage modifiers for Grenado. Added 1.0 Radius modifier for Canister Bomb.
  • Conduit of Divine Whispers: increased Cold damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 55
  • Conduit of Eldritch Whispers: added +2 Radius modifier for Fire and Acid variants of Doom Bolt
  • Conduit of Night Whispers: added -15% Fire Resist Reduction modifier for Veil of Shadow variant
  • Conduit of Undying Whispers: updated Acid modifier for Ravenous Earth to Aether
  • Decree of the Circle of Five: increased damage on the granted skill
  • Doombringer: adjusted bonuses on the granted skill
  • Embercore Shoulderguard: added +2 to Shadow Strike
  • Fateweaver’s Raiment: added +2 to Blade Spirit
  • Grim Fate: increased Cooldown on the skill proc to 0.8s
  • Horns of Korvaak: added 30% of Vitality dealt as Elemental and reduced Cooldown on the skill proc
  • Jarinthor’s Head: increased % Pierce and % Bleed damage to 260%
  • Mantle of Mogdrogen: increased % Fire dealt as Lightning for pets to 100% and added 100% Vitality dealt as Lightning for pets
  • Morguul’s Mortality: skill proc is now applied in a radius
  • Mythical Agony: increased % Attack Speed to 16% and reverted % Retaliation added to Attack modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 6%
  • Mythical Alladrah’s Spellblade: added 100% of Physical dealt as Fire modifiers for Fire Strike and Savagery. Increased Fire damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 16 and added 24 Fire damage and 32 Fire damage modifiers for Fire Strike and Savagery, respectively.
  • Mythical Amatok’s Step: increased Defensive Ability to 60 and added +2 to Ring of Steel
  • Mythical Arcanor, Blade of the Luminari: added +4 to Spectral Binding and modifiers for Spectral Binding. Removed Duration modifier for Inquisitor Seal.
  • Mythical Arcanum Electrollis: added 30% Stun Resist and +3 to Ulzuin’s Wrath
  • Mythical Band of the Eternal Pyre: added +2 to Execution
  • Mythical Bonescavenger’s Deathgrips: added 50% of Acid dealt as Vitality for pets
  • Mythical Bonewraith Pauldrons: added 14 Vitality damage
  • Mythical Brutallax: added 40 Pierce damage modifier for Amarasta’s Quick Cut and 50 Bleed damage / 3s and 30 Bleed damage / 3s modifiers for Savagery and Presence of Virtue, respectively
  • Mythical Chausses of Barbaros: added +2 to Blast Shield
  • Mythical Chillflame Evoker: added +3 to Lethal Assault
  • Mythical Cinderscorn: increased Burn damage modifier for Vire’s Might to 180 / 2s
  • Mythical Colossal Grasp: increased % Attack Speed and % Chance of Physical damage on the granted skill
  • Mythical Consumption of Agrivix: added +1 to Soldier Skills and 45% of Physical dealt as Fire
  • Mythical Crown of the Revenant King: increased Vitality damage modifiers for Righteous Fervor and Smite to 40 and 210, respectively
  • Mythical Damnation: increased Vitality damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 35
  • Mythical Deathdealer’s Sidearm: increased Physical damage modifiers for Reaping Strike and Smite to 140
  • Mythical Deathlord’s Band: added 12 Vitality damage
  • Mythical Death’s Reach: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 30% and increased % Resist Reduction modifiers for Bloody Pox and Devouring Swarm to -15%
  • Mythical Decree of the Circle of Five: increased damage on the granted skill
  • Mythical Doombringer: removed % Crit damage modifier for Cadence. Added Herald of Doom granted skill to the Mythical version of this item.
  • Mythical Dread Knight’s Guard: added 14 Vitality damage
  • Mythical Edge of Sanity: increased Aether damage modifiers for Markovian’s Advantage and Reaping Strike to 140
  • Mythical Essence of the Grim Dawn: increased Chaos damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 33
  • Mythical Exterminus: increased Fire damage modifier for Fire Strike to 22
  • Mythical Fiend’s Resolve: added 45% of Aether dealt as Chaos and added 100% of Vitality dealt as Chaos modifier for Ravenous Earth
  • Mythical Footpads of the Grey Magi: added +2 to Phantasmal Armor
  • Mythical Gavel of Ravenous Souls: increased Physical damage modifier for Vire’s Might to 70
  • Mythical Grasp of Unchained Might: added +3 to Aura of Conviction and modifiers for it
  • Mythical Grim Fate: increased Cooldown on the skill proc to 0.8s
  • Mythical Heart of the Sand King: increased Bleed damage modifier for Mogdrogen’s Pact to 26 / 3s
  • Mythical Herald of Amatok: added +3 to Blast Shield
  • Mythical Herald of Blazing Ends: added +2 to Veil of Shadow and modifiers for it, increased % Elemental Resist to 24% and removed % Fire Resist
  • Mythical Inashkor’s Corrupted Head: increased Physical damage modifier for Doom Bolt to 400
  • Mythical Inashkor’s Head: reduced Physical damage modifier for Albrecht’s Aether Ray to 30
  • Mythical Jarinthor’s Head: increased % Pierce and % Bleed damage to 392%
  • Mythical Jaxxon’s Lucky Bullet: added +2 to Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Legwraps of the Tranquil Mind: increased bonus to Primal Bond to +3 and added +3 to Veil of Shadow
  • Mythical Malakor’s Infusion: added 70 Elemental damage modifier for Field Command, removed Cadence modifier
  • Mythical Mark of Anathema: added +2 to Hellfire Mine
  • Mythical Mark of Bloody Ends: increased Bleed damage modifiers for Summon Blight Fiend and Summon Briarthorn to 80 / 3s
  • Mythical Mark of Dark Dreams: added +2 to Blast Shield and a Blast Shield modifier
  • Mythical Mask of Infernal Truth: added +1 to Nightblade Skills
  • Mythical Morguul’s Mortality: added 45% of Cold dealt as Vitality and increased % Vitality Decay Duration to 120%. Skill proc is now applied in a radius.
  • Mythical Northern Wyrm: increased Defensive Ability to 105 and updated values on the granted skill
  • Mythical Oathbearer: added -1s Cooldown modifier for Fighting Spirit
  • Mythical Obsidian Juggernaut: added 12-46 Chaos damage and 100% Chaos damage modifiers for Field Command
  • Mythical Panetti’s Replicating Wand: replaced Duration modifier for Inquisitor Seal with +2 Summon Limit modifier
  • Mythical Pretty Great Pants: added 3 Energy Regeneration
  • Mythical Quillthrower of Dreeg: updated damage on the skill proc
  • Mythical Reign of Ice and Fire: replaced bonus to Absolute Zero with +2 to Shadow Strike
  • Mythical Rotdrinker Crest: added % Damage Reduction to the skill proc
  • Mythical Scion of Noxious Wounds: added 55 Acid damage modifiers for Execution and Necrotic Edge
  • Mythical Shadowflame Mantle: added +2 to Second Rite
  • Mythical Siegebreaker: added +3 to Word of Pain and modifiers for it and increased Internal Trauma damage on the granted skill
  • Mythical Signet of the Fallen: added 9% Attack Speed
  • Mythical Spark of Ultos: added 24% Poison Resist
  • Mythical Soulblade: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Callidor’s Tempest to 18% and increased % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Righteous Fervor to 8%
  • Mythical Soulcatcher: added 100% of Acid dealt as Chaos modifier for Ravenous Earth and increased its Chaos damage modifier to 120
  • Mythical Stonefist Rebuke: added -18% Physical Resist and 100% of Fire dealt as Physical modifiers for Aura of Censure
  • Mythical Stormreaver: added 40 Lightning damage modifier for Savagery
  • Mythical Stormseer Sapphire: added +3 to Static Strike
  • Mythical Thread of Mortality: increased skill bonuses to +4, Health Regeneration to 60 and % Health Regeneration to 30%. Added +4 to Veterancy.
  • Mythical Untouchable: added +1 to Inquisitor Skills and +2 to Word of Renewal
  • Mythical Venomlash: added 20 Acid damage modifier for Righteous Fervor and increased its Poison damage modifier to 70 / 5s
  • Mythical Viperfang Grips: increased Acid damage modifier for Ravenous Earth to 90 and Poison damage modifier for Aegis of Menhir to 140 / 5s
  • Mythical Voidrend Talons: increased Chaos damage modifier for Righteous Fervor to 20-45
  • Mythical Voidsteel Gauntlets: added 50-300 Chaos damage modifier for Smite
  • Mythical Wendigomane Leggings: added +3 to Fighting Spirit and increased damage on the skill proc
  • Mythical Whisperer of Secrets: increased Bleed damage modifier for Ring of Steel to 200 / 3s
  • Mythical Will of the Living: increased Aether damage to 126 and reduced Cooldown on the granted skill
  • Mythical Wrath of Tenebris: increased % Weapon damage modifier for Eye of Reckoning to 20%
  • Mythical Wraithborne Legwraps: added +2 to Death Sentence
  • Mythical Wyrmbone Handguards: added 8% Attack Speed and +2 to Shadow Strike
  • Nightbringer: removed Health. Added 60 Vitality damage and 100 Vitality Decay / 2s modifiers for Wind Devil. Reduced damage dealt by the skill proc.
  • Outcast’s Secret: increased % Aether damage to 105% added 50% Slow Resist and +2 to Nullification
  • Quillthrower of Dreeg: updated damage on the skill proc
  • Shard of the Eternal Flame: removed Cooldown Reduction modifier for Canister Bomb
  • The Crimson Claws: added +3 to Whirling Death
  • Venomtongue Mantle: added +3 to Shadow Dance
  • Voice of Dreeg: removed Chaos dealt as Acid and added % Chaos damage. Increased Acid damage modifier for Ravenous Earth to 80 and added 20% Impaired Aim / 1s modifier for it.
Legendary Set Items

• Armor of the Eternal Night Set: reduced damage dealt by the skill proc
  • Bonemonger Hood: fixed an issue where the Resist Reduction modifier for Summon Guardian of Empyrion was not properly applying
  • Blood Knight Set: reduced Vitality damage dealt by summoned pet
  • Blood Knight’s Pendant: reduced Vitality damage dealt by summoned pet
  • Dark One’s Gift: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Wendigo Totem to 100
  • Faceguard of Justice: added +1 to Soldier Skills and removed bonuses to Blitz and Forcewave
  • Handguards of Justice: increased bonuses to Blitz and Forcewave to +3
  • Mask of Lost Souls: added +2 to Summon Hellhound
  • Shard of Lost Souls: added +1 to Occultist Skills and removed +2 to Summon Hellhound
  • Mythical Faceguard of Justice: added +1 to Soldier Skills and removed bonuses to Blitz and Forcewave
  • Mythical Handguards of Justice: increased bonuses to Blitz and Forcewave to +3
  • Rage of Agrivix Set: added 100% of Fire dealt as Aether modifier for Vindictive Flame
  • Rah’Zin’s Torment Set: increased Chaos damage modifier for Zolhan’s Technique to 80
  • Sentinel of the Three Set: reduced % Retaliation added to Attack modifier for Counter Strike to 10%
  • Targo’s Craft Set: increased Internal Trauma damage modifier for Blade Arc to 225 / 3s and increased Internal Trauma damage on the skill proc
  • Targo’s Mallet: increased Physical damage modifier for Amarasta’s Blade Burst to 110
  • Targo’s Helm: reduced Physical damage modifier for Amarasta’s Blade Burst to 60
  • The Blightlord’s Set: removed % Vitality Resist Reduction modifier for Summon Guardian of Empyrion
  • Blightlord’s Hood: removed Vitality damage modifier for Ravenous Earth and increased its Fire damage modifier to 56
  • The Voidsoul Set: increased % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Doom Bolt to 25% and increased Chaos damage modifier for Flames of Ignaffar to 32-100
  • Ulzuin’s Infernal Avatar Set: added 0.5 Radius modifier for Canister Bomb
  • Valguur’s Hunger Set: increased Vitality damage modifier for Sigil of Consumption to 140 and reduced its % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier to 4%. Reduced % Life Leech Resist Reduction modifier for Siphon Souls to -5%.
  • Wildblood Vanguard Set: reduced % Weapon damage modifier for Grasping Vines to 35% and reduces its Duration modifier to 1s
  • Mythical Wildblood Crusher: removed Vitality damage modifier for Grasping Vines and reduced % Attack damage Converted to Health modifier for Grasping Vines to 10%
[Class & Skills]
Devotion

• Berserker: increased % Physical Resist to 4%, Offensive Ability to 70, % Bleed damage to 150% and Bleed damage to 20 / 3s
  • Gallows: increased % Health to 6% and added 8 Vitaliy damage, removed Health
  • Korvaak: increased % All damage to 130%
  • Leviathan: increased Defensive Ability to 60
  • Rattosh: added 10 Vitality damage and reduced Health to 150
  • Shieldmaiden: increased % Shield Recovery to -25%
  • Tempest: increased Offensive Ability to 45 and % Chance of % Lightning damage to 30% chance of 250%. Added 25 Defensive Ability.
  • Tree of Life: increased % Health to 21%, Health Regeneration to 80 and % Health Regeneration to 100%
  • Tsunami: increased Defensive Ability to 20
  • Black Blood of Yugol: increased % Damage Reduction to 16%
  • Blind Fury: can now be bound to additional skill types. This may cause your skill assignment to reset.
  • Bull Rush: reduced Cooldown to 0.4s. Can now be bound to additional skill types. This may cause your skill assignment to reset.
  • Dryad’s Blessing: reduced Cooldown by 0.5s
  • Guardian’s Gaze: increased % Attack damage Converted to Health to 15%
  • Maul: has been redesigned as an AoE debuff that causes Physical damage with Attack damage Converted to Health and Armor Reduction. Maul can now be bound to additional skill types. This may cause your skill assignment to reset.
  • Meteor Shower: reduced damage
  • Reckless Tempest: increased number of targets to 4
  • Tip the Scales: reduced Resist Reduction to 20 and reduced damage
  • Tsunami (Celestial Proc): increased Frostburn damage and added % Fumble and % Impaired Aim
  • Wendigo’s Mark: reduced damage
  • Will of Rattosh: reduced damage
Soldier

• Deadly Momentum: adjusted all % Damage bonuses to the same values, scaling to 65% by rank 12, 120% by max ultimate rank and increased Internal Trauma damage scaling with rank
  • Discord: increased Elemental damage to 72
  • Decorated Soldier: increased % damage scaling with rank to 64% by rank 8, 164% by max ultimate rank
  • Fighting Spirit: Cooldown now scales with rank, starting at 18s, scaling to 12s by rank 12, 10s by max ultimate rank
  • Internal Trauma: increased damage scaling with rank
  • Tremor: reduced % Damage Modifier penalty to -25% and % Weapon damage Penalty to -50%
  • Markovian’s Defense: reduced % Damage Modifier penalty to -15%
  • Menhir’s Bulwark: can now also be used with two-handed melee weapons
  • Menhir’s Will: increased base % Heal to 15% and adjusted its scaling with rank to 60% by rank 16, 90% by max ultimate rank. Adjusted Cooldown scaling with rank to 15s by rank 16, 12s by max ultimate rank
  • Military Conditioning: increased % Health scaling with rank to 24% by rank 10, 36% by max ultimate rank
  • Oleron’s Rage: increased base % Offensive Ability 3% and increased its scaling at ultimate ranks to 20% by max ultimate rank
  • Veterancy: increased % Health Regeneration scaling with rank to 32% by rank 10, 55% by max ultimate rank
  • War Cry: increased % Damage Reduction scaling at ultimate ranks to 35% by max ultimate rank
  • Break Morale: increased Physical Resist Reduction scaling with rank to 35 by rank 12, 45 by max ultimate rank
  • Terrify: increased Resist Reduction to 18
Demolitionist

• Blast Shield: reduced Cooldown to 11s and increased Absorption scaling at ultimate ranks to 2000 by max ultimate rank
  • Canister Bomb: reduced Radius to 3.2
  • Improved Casing: increased Radius scaling with rank to 2.5 by rank 10, 3.5 by max ultimate rank
  • Demon Fire: added % Damage Reduction
  • High Potency: replaced % Physical Damage Reduction with % Attack Speed Reduction
  • Grenado: increased Projectile Velocity and increased Radius to 3.5
  • High Impact: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank and increased % Chance of % Physical/Internal Trauma damage to 100% at all ranks
  • Shattering Blast: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank and increased Internal Trauma damage scaling with rank to 303 by rank 12, 580 by max ultimate rank
  • Mortar Trap: reduced damage scaling with rank
  • The Big One: increased damage scaling with rank. Can now fire multiple times through the Mortar Trap’s duration rather than only once.
  • Thermite Mine: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Hellfire Mine: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Ulzuin’s Chosen: increased % Energy Cost Reduction scaling with rank to 25% by rank 10, 35% by max ultimate rank
  • Ulzuin’s Wrath: replaced % Attack Speed Reduction with % Damage Reduction. Increased Targets scaling with rank to 7 by rank 12, 9 by max ultimate rank. Added % Retaliation added to Attack (Forgotten Gods only).
Occultist

• Blood Burst: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank and increased % Weapon damage scaling with rank to 35% by rank 12, 45% by max ultimate rank
  • Terrifying Gaze: reduced Energy Cost scaling with rank
  • Curse of Frailty: adjusted Bleed Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes, Physical Resist Reduction remains unchanged
  • Vulnerability: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Hellfire: increased Fire Retaliation scaling with rank to 220 by rank 12, 460 by max ultimate rank and added Defensive Ability
  • Infernal Breath: added % Damage Reduction
  • Storm Spirit: increased % Chance of Lightning Retaliation to 100% chance, scaling with rank to 220 by rank 12, 460 by max ultimate rank
Nightblade

• Blade Spirit: reduced Pierce damage scaling with rank
  • Lethal Assault: increased Acid damage and removed Offensive Ability
  • Night’s Chill: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Pneumatic Burst: added Offensive Ability
Arcanist

• Callidor’s Tempest: increased % Weapon damage scaling at ultimate ranks to 60% by max ultimate rank
  • Inferno: increased Lightning damage scaling with rank
  • Disintegration: removed % Aether and % Fire damage
  • Tainted Power: added 10% Damage Modifier
  • Wrath of Agrivix: reduced % Weapon damage to 30% and % Damage Modifier bonus to 170%
  • Overload: reduced Offensive Ability scaling with rank to 133 by rank 12, 220 by max ultimate rank
  • Elemental Balance: reduced % Crit damage scaling with rank to 20% by rank 12, 30% by max ultimate rank
Shaman

• Devouring Swarm: increased Projectile Velocity and adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Oak Skin: added Defensive Ability
  • Raging Tempest: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Tenacity of the Boar: increased Offensive Ability scaling with rank to 120 by rank 12, 220 by max ultimate rank. Removed Defensive Ability.
Inquisitor

• Aura of Censure: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Aura of Conviction: added % Physical damage
  • Horn of Gandarr: replaced % Elemental and % Physical Damage Reduction with % Damage Reduction
  • Inquisitor Seal: increased Duration to 24s
  • Tainted Flame: increased % Damage Modified to 15%
Necromancer

• Call of the Grave: now also grants % damage and % Crit damage for the caster. Removed Health Regen for pets and combined the % damage bonuses into % All damage.
  • Master of Death: % Physical dealt as Vitality for pets now scales with rank to 50% by rank 12, 60% by max ultimate rank
  • Spectral Wrath: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Will of the Crypt: removed % Physical dealt as Vitality
Oathkeeper

• Celestial Presence: adjusted Resist Reduction scaling with rank to compensate for monster Resist changes
  • Eye of Reckoning: increased % Weapon damage scaling at ultimate ranks to 38% by max ultimate rank
  • Haven: increased % Health scaling with rank to 25% by rank 10, 35% by max ultimate rank
  • Shattering Smash: fixed an issue where the shield’s damage was not properly included

Whoa, out of nowhere.

Perkel

Arcane
You can actually go quite a long ways as a single-class Soldier. Might say something about Crate's bias towards builds that RIP AND TEAR instead of shoot or nuke.

Damage was never the problem. It is HP that is the problem when you go with single class as you have 50 mastery skills per class which is basically double amount of base life.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
You can actually go quite a long ways as a single-class Soldier. Might say something about Crate's bias towards builds that RIP AND TEAR instead of shoot or nuke.

Damage was never the problem. It is HP that is the problem when you go with single class as you have 50 mastery skills per class which is basically double amount of base life.
Oh it won't hold up beyond a certain point in Elite, no argument there (and after Ashes of Malmouth dropped you absolutely did not have a prayer of making it through Elite AoM single classed). That said, Soldier mastery pumps the hell out of Physique, which is the stat you need to wear good armor and swing big chodesmashers (well, as big as they really get in Veteran and early Elite) at people. Your Spirit will SUCK, though, so good luck wearing decent jewelry. I remember seeing a pre-AoM single class Soldier run done by someone on Crate's forums and they... got pretty far, given they were gimping themselves. AoM put serious nails in the single class coffin.

The biggest issue I'd have with the "double up on a single Mastery" thing is that some masteries have a decent selection of tools that sort of stand alone. Others, it gets harder. Occultist really has fuck-all for defensive tools, pets are something you have to build around in pretty much every aspect and they do NOT hold aggro for shit (Curse of Frailty will piss off mobs way worse than a hellhound or raven possibly can). Star signs can help some, but I don't think anyone who wants to keep their sanity tries single classing for long with Occ. Demo has one very nice actual defensive tool (Blast Shield) and then everything else is pretty much the same story as Occ. Debuffs, damage, and not much of a great way to cover up the fact that you're kind of squishy.

This is probably why the Phys Witchblade works so well. You basically have a solid backbone (Soldier) with good HP growth and decent tools for smearing mobs/not getting smeared by mobs and you add some really complimentary stuff from Occ to just make Soldier soldier better. It also helps that of the resistances monsters usually have, Physical doesn't show up in huge amounts, and CoF's phys resist nuke turns that mace into the fist of an angry fucking Witch God.

Lacrymas

Arcane
There's usually little reason to remain single-class because the skills don't synergize very well with each other, I suspect on purpose. You also aren't forced to pick any skills in the second mastery, so just choose the one which gives the desired stats from pumping the mastery alone and spend your other points in your original mastery. That's the same thing in practice as being single-class but choosing the mastery twice. As for Occultist, yeah, like I said I think it's all over the place and feels support-y even if your main focus is pets. I don't think the other 3 original masteries suffer so much from that, but the Occultist feels dated and in need of an update. Maybe it was because it was the original caster and they felt the need to spread the abilities thin to cover all caster-y needs.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
There's usually little reason to remain single-class because the skills don't synergize very well with each other, I suspect on purpose. You also aren't forced to pick any skills in the second mastery, so just choose the one which gives the desired stats from pumping the mastery alone and spend your other points in your original mastery. That's the same thing in practice as being single-class but choosing the mastery twice. As for Occultist, yeah, like I said I think it's all over the place and feels support-y even if your main focus is pets. I don't think the other 3 original masteries suffer so much from that, but the Occultist feels dated and in need of an update.

Regarding pumping stats via mastery: Physique is king. Soldier/Shaman, Soldier/Occ, Soldier/Necro and possibly Soldier/Oathkeeper (I haven't really screwed much with Oathkeeper and don't remember its mastery yields) are going to give that in spades. Soldier/Occ and Soldier/Necro will also get you some Spirit for jewelry. Physique > Spirit > Cunning. Cunning is pretty much the universal dumpstat unless you're big on sharp objects or shooty stuff, and even then you usually just pump it high enough to equip things. There is one notable Cunning-focused Blademaster build that can do insane damage but you're not particularly sturdy.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I doubt they'll change the engine, they managed to make a lot of improvements to it (being able to blink was a huge milestone for example) and they know their way around it, so adding content will be as painless as possible. We'll see I guess but I somehow doubt they'll jump into another hack and slasher. Aren't they working on a city building game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom