Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Help with TioPack.exe

Hello all,

I'm wrapping up work on editing Temple's .dlg files, but I'm stuck at the home stretch: I'm not sure how to repack the files back into .dat form using TioPack.exe.

I've tried opening TioPack.exe, which immediately closes, and dragging the files I want packed over top of it, the way I used TioUnpack.exe, to no avail. I've read TioPack's tutorial, but I'm not sure how to use the command lines it suggests when the .exe itself won't open.

I'm running Windows 10, with the necessary tio.dll. Am I missing something or using the program incorrectly? Any help would be appreciated. This is the first time I've tried modding Temple, so please feel free to assume I know nothing.

Thanks!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am assuming you downloaded archive from the Wiki. There's an example bat file that you can use.

Thanks for replying, Sitra Achara!

Are you referring to this page? https://github.com/GrognardsFromHell/TempleFileFormats/wiki/TioPack-Usage

Unfortunately, I think, this example/tutorial assumes more knowledge than I have on the subject. I'm not sure how to use the command lines with TioPack when the .exe itself immediately closes after opening. I also know very little about running .bat files.

My apologies: I'm not new to modding text script files (to Paradox games, for instance), but I'm not really a coder. I looked everywhere for a "dummies" guide that I could use, but with no luck.

It's a lot to ask, but is there a chance someone could write a little step-by-step instructional list for packing a folder using TioPack (or whatever method is easiest)? I would only be able to repay them with gratitude and a revised copy of the English-language script.

Thanks, all, in advace!

Thank you very much!

With your help, and a little experimentation, I finally figured out how to implement edits and pack .dat files. With this experience, I've now become a level 2 modder! :)

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom