Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
of below 30% if you factor in dodge and parry.
What about the support system? Does that affect aught?

He gets to maybe 60% native hit% on second highest difficulty. With parries and dodges that still feels way below 50% true hits.
And by the time you can make 3-4 support stacks the fight is already won in your favor. Maybe if his stun would stick once in a while he would be better, but for some reason everything I barp at resists the stun. Maybe some buggy stuff, I head his health regeneration is currently bugged aswell.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I took poison caltrops with the thief, and leveled stealth really late. Probably a bad idea

Btw, it's possible to reset skills and attributes.
Merchant in tavern on the first second floor sells Potions of Oblivion or something like that.

Edit: wrong floor

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I took poison caltrops with the thief, and leveled stealth really late. Probably a bad idea

Btw, it's possible to reset skills and attributes.
Merchant in tavern on the first floor sells Potions of Oblivion or something like that.

Mate you are a life saver. From the 3 active skills the priestess starts with, 2 are beyond awfull. Her skill tree looks so amazing, now I can actually get a few good skills in it.

Zyondyne

Learned
wat

Also this Unity thing wants 8 gig of RAM so if you want to play it in a coffeeshop on your shit laptop, it aint happening...

Shitty laptop owners representative here. 8GB of RAM too, actually. I honestly didn't expect it to run that poorly. Maybe Wasteland 3 being (surprisingly) extremely playable on my machine spoiled my expectations.

This being an indie developer, I guess we shouldn't expect any performance improvement in the patches to come.

Well, that's too bad. I love parody RPGs done right and something in the artstyle really makes me dig it (even if it does look like a generic mobile game from time to time).

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
This game sticks the humor and the characters really well. Obviously the most subjective thing ever, but there was maybe one joke in 7 hours that made me cringe, the rest was genuinly funny. Skill and item descriptions are amazing.

Does everyone get good at some point, or is some characters sucking just part of the charm?

By now the Mage and the Barbarian are gods,
the Elf, Ranger and Dwarf are usefull,
the Thief and Priestess are bad
and the Ogre is awfull.

I think Thief and Priestess will absolutely catch up, they just have some back loaded kits, but the Ogre is a tank that dies in two hits while having an effective accuracy of below 30% if you factor in dodge and parry.

Agree on the Mage and the Barbarian.
The Ranger is also not so bad, double damage and stun on targets with full health make him a great opener.

The skills that really made the Thief to finally click for me were the caltrops upgrade that doesn't break invisibility and passive +50% vs targets with status effects.

The Ogre never worked as a tank for me, as I could not get his protection high enough. He's half-decent as a heavy hitter.
The Dwarf makes a much better tank, I have him at 15-18 protection at level 5, so he can take beating as good as give it.

And fuck it, I'll say it - the Ogre-throw-Dwarf combo is incredibly powerful, as disrespectful as it is!
Just need to tweak their initiative so the Dwarf goes right after the Ogre and can use his twirling-axe AOE right after landing.

Chapter 8 nightmare now and ogre has been middle-late game easily above average character for me. Burps seems to be the most reliable CC by far and is aoe. Double slap with armor pierce does really good dmg and dwarf throw is a great move and with passives he gains 2 extra movement (+equipment).

Thief also stopped being dead weight after getting 3-4 hit combo which deals 60-90% dmg each attack. Thief is quite easy to build just little constitution early game rest into agi+str. Thief passives are by far the worst from any characters. I would say that ranger and thief are still worst classes.

If I would have to rank end game characters it would be something like:
witch>barb>minstrel>ogre>elf>dwarf>>ranger>thief. Saving grace for ranger is def tactics buff.

Also regarding endgame and nightmare game gets a lot easier after early game and most of fights have not required loading (unlike early game where typically I had to load 2-10 times each fight. Everything is more reliable now with pumping agi and better skills. So far 2 quests are bugged for me (1 which involves faucet and other 1 blacksmith quest). Enjoying the game more the longer I have been playing. Going to write next review after I have finished game.

Edit. regarding spinning statues in multiple floors there is a chance that statues needs to be spinned twice (so they are facing other side from starting position and something might happen). I dont think I have the energy to find all statues again and test this but in chapter 7 there is a reference that this might be the case.

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron

Also has anyone else had some disgusting bugs with eternal loading screens? I can't enter level 0 the entrance atm, because the game always gets stuck loading. The exe still runs fine and the little chicken aswell, but nothing happens even after dozens of minutes.
I am putting this aside for patches aswell. Really fun game tho.
Say welcome to hotfix#3 released the last hour. I can advance in my game now.
Your kind of bug is said to be fixed too.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game will be a lot better without the critical fail shit,107% to hit but you get a retarded crit fail. Really dislike when devs just copy paste table top rules to the game and call it a day. Fucking nerd scum!

Andhaira

Arcane
Game looks & sounds good!

How many spells does wizard get?
How many max party members per battle?
Will it scratch the Druidstone itch? (I liked that game)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It gets around 6-10 depends on your levelling choices.
All of them lol.
Have no idea what that means,the game feelz like a good dungeon craw with friends over a bottle of rakia.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

7 or so? Game is more tactical than rpg, everyone starts with 1-2 usable combat abilties, all scale up to 5-7 different skills. Also activatable items and stuff.

You fight most battles with a party of 8. 7 fixed members (Ranger, Dwarf, Elf, Mage, Barbarian, Rogue, Ogre) and one of a choice of three (Paladin, Bard, Priestess) which you have to make at around 1-2 hours in the game.

I liked Druidstone aswell, although less so than both Grimrocks. I like Naheulbeuk a good degree more than Druidstone, about as much as the Grimrocks. I think you will like it. It is mostly the same type of game, loose rpg elements connecting a string of tactical nuxcom style encounters.

bec de corbin

Educated
The combat looks good, but I couldn't handle that dialog and those voices for the length of a game. Game devs need to stop trying to write jokes.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Okay finished game. Ending was fine but the final boss was quite a joke. Hardest fight easily in the whole game was in early game with those 2 robot goblins. Level cap is 10 and there is also a secret boss
which is connected to those spinning statues here is a guide for unlocking it and contains spoilers for final fight also https://www.pcinvasion.com/dungeon-of-naheulbeuk-golbargh-statue-puzzle/ . It was also trivial fight.

Overall Im quite satisfied with this playthrough I would give it 7/10. There are few annoying mechanics which have been said already such as critical failures, some softlocks and other bugs, broken quests and respawning traps.
Combat was surprisingly quite fun and I did not dislike characters or story. Might write proper review later but Im too tired now.

Brickfrog

Learned

Druidstone is probably the game that it is most similar to. There is no world map but all battles are essentially setpieces

Andhaira

Arcane
I want to get this now but recommended settings states Nvidia 1080, 8 GB.

WTF? How is it possible for something that looks like this (looks cute but its not fucking Red Dead Redemption 2)

Is it that badly optimized or are the ability/spell effects that spectacular?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
How long is the game ?
Nightmare was around 45 hours, normal or epic I would guess 30-35 hours or so with all quests.

This game isn't really an RPG. It's a turn-based strategy game with a light sprinkling of RPG flavor.

Always lovely to have what is an rpg debate in codex. Anyway I would agree that strategic combat was best part of this game. I think there were only 2 choices I could make 1 was with main game (other option results into "game over" but not really) and other was with side quest not sure if other option changes end result (drink potion x or not)

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL clearly people that visit the codex

NSrUxpB.png

Codex Year of the Donut
Combat is really fun, I hope they make a serious RPG.
UI is really well designed/sleek too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom