Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
Do one thing really well instead of wasting dev. time, resources, etc. on a bunch of extraneous crap attempting to please all people. There was a very solid tactical combat system married to a deep RPG with good storytelling. Stop there! Even that is an accomplishment in the decline of 2020. Why the need to once again add more?

I turned Kingdom off very shortly into the game realizing that it was a half-baked useless system. Now we are trying to put a HOMM strategic layer in? Why Owlcat, why? Stick to the devil you know instead of summoning armies of unfamiliar devils to jack up your game...
building a stronghold and maintaining troops is an integral part of AD&D that millennials have never encountered because they've never played real D&D, just bastardized versions for tards who want to play superheroes

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Based on how unbelievably buggy Kingmaker still is after two years of intensive patching this one will definitely not be a day one purchase from me. I'm sure I'll eventually pick it up, but their track record says it will be a fucking mess on release so I'll get it cheaper later.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Based on how unbelievably buggy Kingmaker still is after two years of intensive patching this one will definitely not be a day one purchase from me. I'm sure I'll eventually pick it up, but their track record says it will be a fucking mess on release so I'll get it cheaper later.

Kingmaker isn't unbelievably buggy.

Bloodeyes

Arcane

Must just be my copy then :roll: It's a great game but I can't boot it up for 10 minutes without something breaking. Usually when I open my inventory. There's the pseudo freezing where I can still click on character portraits and hear the sounds from that but not actually interact with anything, there's my cursor disappearing, there's everything turning yellow (really common), there's being randomly unable to exit areas, there's light effects fucking up and displaying as a perfect circle, part of Harrim's flail disappearing so he's just holding a stick and more. I get at least one of these issues every time I play. It's still playable, but it's a fucking unreliable mess and this is after they have spent years fixing it. As much as I love the game there's no way I'd day 1 purchase anything from this company until they up their standards of polish.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
CRT = Critical Race Theory

Let the purge of the SJWs commence. Federal contractors means all the big business pushing BLM.
:Stop posting:

Must just be my copy then :roll: It's a great game but I can't boot it up for 10 minutes without something breaking. Usually when I open my inventory. There's the pseudo freezing where I can still click on character portraits and hear the sounds from that but not actually interact with anything, there's my cursor disappearing, there's everything turning yellow (really common), there's being randomly unable to exit areas, there's light effects fucking up and displaying as a perfect circle, part of Harrim's flail disappearing so he's just holding a stick and more. I get at least one of these issues every time I play. It's still playable, but it's a fucking unreliable mess and this is after they have spent years fixing it. As much as I love the game there's no way I'd day 1 purchase anything from this company until they up their standards of polish.
It might actually be a you thing. Almost nobody has this many problems nowadays. Did you try verifying file integrity? Update your drivers? What are your pc specs? Try something because what you're experiencing seems over the top even if we were still on day 1 release

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
:Stop posting:

No

This shit needs to stop. Needed to a generation ago. Better late than never.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
It might actually be a you thing. Almost nobody has this many problems nowadays. Did you try verifying file integrity? Update your drivers? What are your pc specs? Try something because what you're experiencing seems over the top even if we were still on day 1 release

That's possible. I have the minimum specs but only just. I'm actually ordering a gaming PC tonight so hopefully the game runs better on that.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Luj1, as a person, is exactly like Fluent, except the complete polar opposite.

In truth, probably no greater compliment can come to any man. :salute:
If you hate everything, you become completely and utterly predictable. It is largely the same thing, really.
I never had Fluent ignored. Especially after his Fallout review, where he showed that under all those drugs there was a man that, indeed, loved RPGs. Meanwhile, I've been having you muted for ages, and today it has been the first time you made an impact where I had to click to see what you said.

So, in my eyes, you're committing the worst sin out there: you're boring.

But, but by all means: hate on the fact that a game is trying to be just as good as BG 2/Arcanum and that it's actually trying to be just as good as HoMM 3. It's your right, of course. :salute:

Remember that Dexter's Lab episode when they play D&D, and each of them get their own strongholds and fancy mounts, and army, and cohorts? Maybe it's about time we got all that in a videogame. Maybe after TWENTY FUCKING YEARS it's time for the RPG industry to finally move on/improve.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
hate on the fact that a game is trying to be just as good as BG 2/Arcanum and that it's actually trying to be just as good as HoMM 3.

And what usually happens in these cases is that you try to outdo everything and you outdo nothing in the end. Good intentions don't matter when you have 12 stretch goal minigames to implement.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bloodeyes The problems you're describing: a) have never occured to me personally; b) were never complained about on the GOG forum, and there are some weird complains there. So I'd say the problem is with your hardware, and Kingmaker, being poorly optimized and not very well written program, is a good stress test for your PC.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Bloodeyes The problems you're describing: a) have never occured to me personally; b) were never complained about on the GOG forum, and there are some weird complains there. So I'd say the problem is with your hardware, and Kingmaker, being poorly optimized and not very well written program, is a good stress test for your PC.
I have a new PC arriving in the next couple of days so I guess I'll find out if that's true.

Codex Year of the Donut

:lol:
Kingmaker has 10x as many bug reports as Deadfire on their respective Steam forums.
Kingmaker has more bug reports than DOS2 despite selling nowhere near as many copies.

Ulfhednar

Savant
Good intentions don't matter when you have 12 stretch goal minigames to implement.
Except that's not really what's happening here - they're replacing Kingdom Management (in a game about being a king) with Crusade Management (in a game about killing demons). And the KM is THE thing that most differentiates a playthrough with, say, a LG Paladin vs a CE necromancer. Which advisors you appoint and what positions you appoint them to make an enormous difference over 100+ hours even if you don't notice those subtle differences with each card you pull. Kingmaker rewards you for the replay, and Wrath is looking to do an even better job than Kingmaker.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Luj1, as a person, is exactly like Fluent, except the complete polar opposite. Allow me to explain:

Fluent liked everything, except a few things. Luj hates everything, and likes very few things, that make him a hipster even here.
Fluent was a creep stalking women. Luj is 100% gay.
Fluent was 100% American coked up lunatic. Luj is 100% Slav backtrack.
Fluent went out in a blaze of glory by making the very thread that sealed his fate. Luj stalks the threads of the games he doesn't like (which is all of them) like the Ghost of Xmas past.

The fun part is that unlike Fluent, if you have Luj on ignore, the thread completely makes sense even without reading his input.

Wait... what's this about Fluent stalking women?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
is mounted combat in yet?
also is it my imagination or is the ui/portaits look like old 1/2a dnd?

it is in alpha stage and is kinda buggy

the animation doesn't work basically

and then there is the mounting bug, basically, at 1 point in the future, you will stop being able to mount your mount. there are several assumptions when it happens (when your mount dies while being mounted, taking mythic animal companion, etc) but in general avoid Cavelier for now. One of your companions (the Paladin) got Divine Bond at level 5 and you can use her to get the feel of mounted combat (which is not much, basically, both units move together and attack the same target. both have separate HP pools). Currently, the only mount available is Simoldon so when the bug hits eventually.. you still get a Simoldon wrecking people's face so there is that, probably why Owlcat chooses it to be the one animal companion for mounted combat testing lol.

razvedchiki

Erudite
it is in alpha stage and is kinda buggy

the animation doesn't work basically

and then there is the mounting bug, basically, at 1 point in the future, you will stop being able to mount your mount. there are several assumptions when it happens (when your mount dies while being mounted, taking mythic animal companion, etc) but in general avoid Cavelier for now. One of your companions (the Paladin) got Divine Bond at level 5 and you can use her to get the feel of mounted combat (which is not much, basically, both units move together and attack the same target. both have separate HP pools). Currently, the only mount available is Simoldon so when the bug hits eventually.. you still get a Simoldon wrecking people's face so there is that, probably why Owlcat chooses it to be the one animal companion for mounted combat testing lol.

mounted combat incurs in the world map when you travel correct?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
That's pretty dumb. Is there a reason to not be mounted?

Not much at this point as you can do it indoor or outdoor. Not sure if Owlcat going to change that.

Not every character can do it but for those who do it is very strong. The thing is the current mount is all Simoldon (which I don't think supposed to be one?) so mounting is silly strong with you and the Simoldon attacking the same target. In RtwP it reduces the need to micro animal companion as well. But later in the game it is probably gonna be changed as a horse/actual mounted animals or something so combat wise it won't be that strong.

On the other hand, besides the speed that it is given to the rider you probably going to burn feats to be more effective while mounted. On the other hand, splitting the unit might give more versatility when dealing with encounters. I decided to unmount on Regil recruitment quest as the encounter boils down to enemies coming for you from 2 sides while being relatively tanky (gargoyles, and lot of them). Having 2 different bodies distracting the enemies is better to stall the enemies from going to your backline.

Thonius

Arcane
So, horse is still simoldon? Well, anyhow right now it looks like mounted combat is a good way to boost certain 3/4 bab classe and overkill regular 1bab classes. Like really wreck the fuck out of encounter. Plus dwarf on mount gets good speed so eh....it's fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom