Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Üstad

Arcane
There is no grinding.

Waste his sorry ass and get on with life.

Trip is a Combat Maneuver. If you mouse over your combat log it will tell you what your roll was and what the defender's roll was. CMs use your attack bonus so things that help that (STR for monk, Bard songs, spells like Heroism, etc...) or hurt your opponent (Blind, Shaken, Archon's Aura from Cleric) will help you land. Enlarge Person gives you both Strength and size. There are several feats that help Trip specifically like Fury's Fall and Tandem Trip. Melee toons tend to have high CMD (defense) so monks are best to take out casters or archers, at least early game.

The Ancient Curse is the only timer, you'll see it in your quest log.

Fortitude negate means that if the mob makes a Fortitude save the spell/agility will have no effect. Stunning Fist will not stun the mob. Casters/archers tend to have poor Fortitude so target them with those effects.

Reflex half means the mob takes half damage if they make their Reflex save. If the mob has evasion he'll take no damage.
Thanks man. How about will partial or whatever it is? Still no idea ho to figure out hit dice.

There's no readily available in-game wiki, but, with rare exceptions, you can trust the Pathfinder srd.

Searching for "hit dice", you get this result. From there, you can navigate the site through successive researches, and you should be able to find everything you need.

Will partial means that the target has to roll a Will save: if it fails, he suffer the full effect of the spell; if it succeeds, he suffer reduced effects (that depend on the specific spell you are using).
Thank you very much, unfortunately game wikis didn't help me so I think I can rely on what you posted.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I enjoy complex rules and mechanics but got overwhelmed a bit, does the game some kind of library mod? I still can't even tell what fortitude negate, reflex half etc. means. Not to mention lots of shit is tied to hit dice and I can't tell how to figure out who is what hit dice is.
There's no readily available in-game wiki, but, with rare exceptions, you can trust the Pathfinder srd.

Searching for "hit dice", you get this result. From there, you can navigate the site through successive researches, and you should be able to find everything you need.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thanks man. How about will partial or whatever it is? Still no idea ho to figure out hit dice.
Will partial means that the target has to roll a Will save: if it fails, he suffers the full effect of the spell; if it succeeds, he suffers reduced effects (that depend on the specific spell you are using). It's almost like a "Will half", but instead of simply halving the damage you suffer another effect (less harsh than what you would get failing the saving throw).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So if you're having trouble with unrest in your KM, this is the cure all:

unrest cure.jpg

Evidently Lander tells you to tax everything and there were three different players whining on Steam about this leading to unrest. Maegar tells you to take the top one which is really good, but the CN option is insane. Looks like Owlcat are in fact a front for the Koch Brothers.
CompulsionPlan.jpg

So this worked out better than I could have possibly imagined. You get bumrushed here by ten Sprigganknights with no time to buff so I was worried that it could be difficult on Unfair with this lineup. But:

(a) I'm Immune to Compulsions in my own lands from KM project that unlocks with Arcane V I think.

(b) Linzi has a level of Sorc with Fey Bloodline (+2 DC on Compulsions) and Spell Focus (Enchantment) for the bonus feat and is wearing the Ring of Reckless Courage so her Mind Fog has a 27 DC

(c) Val got Crushing Despair from her Feyspeaker bonus spells. Cones work well for tanks. Usually her DCs aren't great for Unfair but post Mind Fog's -10 it's hard to miss.

This sets up:

Jae14Castigate, Mass.jpg

Five Hellknights completely neutralized by the Unique Inquisitor spell Castigate, Mass which gets a DC boost from the Necro Relic Cloak that has no downside for her. Unique effect since there is no Hold Monster, Mass. Another reason to go Straight Inquisitor on Jae.

HellfightBadLuck.jpg

You can see Tristian chucking a Maximized Fireball here, but I also figured out that Linzi can just spam these sick Confusions in my lands (including Depths) since my toons are all immune to that too. Of course somehow they all made this tough save. Should have cast a Quickened Mind Fog first.

Amiri14Cleave v Hellknight.jpg

Pretty nice Cleave unbuffed. If she doesn't get that critical miss she could have chained Improved Cleaving Finishes and killed them all. Her Intimidates from Dreadful Carnage rounding into shape.

Jae14MassCastigateunbuffed.jpg

Jae's Mass Castigate without the prep still takes out three of the five. Very solid.
Amiri14bigcrit.jpg

Amiri finishing things off with a nice healthy crit.

Amiri14bigab vs lvl 24 demon.jpg

Amiri nearing autohit territory. She'll soon have Inspiring Ferocity to give the team on top of her +3/+3 Freebooter's Bane and +2 Freebooter's Bond. At lvl 20 she'll also get Pounce.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Spoiler and question related to the ending of Varnhold DLC.

That two horned demon guy at the end, what happens if you try to attack him? Can you defeat him? My paladin disregarded his "gift" and entered the portal only to get trapped. So what happens if you try to fight him? Is there a better outcome? Please don't spoil anything if it comes up later in the main campaign, I'm just mostly curious of the direct effect of trying to fight him

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
He is an immensely powerful being that the main hero has no way to defeat. The "best" outcome is - arguably - the one where the General asks to return to fight for Varnhold, but all the endings are more or less the same and pretty bad.

amurath

Educated
He is an immensely powerful being that the main hero has no way to defeat. The "best" outcome is - arguably - the one where the General asks to return to fight for Varnhold, but all the endings are more or less the same and pretty bad.
Have any of you guys figured out how to get the mimic ending for Varnhold's Lot? Apparently you have to make evil choices throughout, but I don't know which ones.

Üstad

Arcane
Does anyone know leg sweep works with every monk weapon in latest version of the game? I'm seeing conflicting comments about it and this page does not specify, it only works for unarmed combat attack.

Edit: Tested, it works with weapons.

Last edited:

bec de corbin

Educated
The high tax option has an insane unrest increase that triggers constantly and is essentially impossible to deal with, and if you don't have the option on that shows choice outcomes it's not obvious it's going to be quite that bad. Plus, of course, you can't change your mind and lower taxes afterwards, i.e. something actual governments can do in real life. I think it'd be fine game design if they left that in but, perhaps, had an advisor come by after a few months to ask if maybe you want to reverse course on the whole tax issue. Not only is that more realistic, but it'd still allow people to keep on going with the high BP/high unrest option if they want (which is what I did in my playthrough, by the way. Sure, we had to have a feast at every possible opportunity to keep the country from collapsing, but I still prevailed).

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/640820/view/2785996724642885996

Update 2.1.4 - September 24,2020
Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Areas
  • Fixed the issue due to which moving from one zone to another with a large party (20+) could result in the game crash.
  • Fixed the issues with the characters’ movement at the Capital Square.
  • It was impossible to attack Kobold Artist at the troll’s lair. Resolution: fixed.
  • Fixed the issue due to which it was possible to talk to the inquisitor at the Secluded Lodge only once.

Quests

• Fixed the issue due to which the final boss failed to appear at the end of the Varnhold's Lot campaign.
  • The event with Sartayne (Nazrielle’s apprentice and royal advisor) in the throne room worked incorrectly. Resolution: fixed.

Classes & Mechanics

• Fixed the issue due to which Peridot Wyvern became uncontrollable.
  • Fixed the issue due to which pets became uncontrollable after the companions’ duels.
  • Fixed an issue due to which ghosts couldn’t do anything.
  • The boggard's Terrifying Croak had no Fear descriptor, that’s why bonuses to saving throws against fear were not applied. Resolution: fixed. Terrifying Croak now has the Fear descriptor.
  • The nereid’s aura was multiplied if characters succeeded at saving throws against her.
  • Mimic's Adhesive Entanglement had no description. Resolution: fixed. Adhesive Entanglement now has the Entangle description.
  • Spectres received the halved damage from the Unholy, Positive, and Negative Energy effects. Resolution: fixed. Now Spectres receive the correct amount of damage from spells and abilities with the Unholy, Positive, and Negative Energy descriptors.
  • Lingering Performance didn’t take into account the time left until the end of the current round. Resolution: fixed.
  • Bardic Knowledge didn’t allow the bard to make Knowledge skill checks untrained. Resolution: fixed.
  • A druid in the Shambling Mound shape with the Natural Spell feat couldn't use any abilities or spells. Resolution: fixed.
  • Wild Shape (Smilodon) had an incorrect damage description for attacks. Resolution: fixed.
  • Wild Shape (Bear) bear had 1d4 damage on attacks instead of the intended 1d6. Resolution: fixed. Now bear attacks have 1d6 damage.
  • The monk’s Style Strike turned off after every rest. Resolution: fixed.
  • The sage sorcerer’s Arcane Bolt ability now correctly works with sneak attacks and feats affecting rays.
  • The Metakinetic Master ability no longer creates the second ability in the ability list with a wrong burn cost.
  • The slayer's Studied Target ability used on party characters failed to end. Resolution: fixed. Now it stops working after resting.
  • Several rogue characters no longer disable each other’s Debilitating Injury spells.
  • The Mage Armor spell failed to protect from incorporeal touch attacks. Resolution: fixed. Mage Armor now provides 4 AC bonus against incorporeal touch attacks.
  • Shroud of Water and several other abilities could sometimes turn off. Resolution: fixed.
  • Tristian's Angelic Form used a standard action instead of a move action. Resolution: fixed. It now spends a move action.
  • Hellfire Ray was displayed twice in the level up spell selection window for wizards and sorcerers. Resolution: fixed.
  • Freedom of Movement now correctly works on all movement-impairing effects of the Tar Pool spell.
  • True Seeing now correctly allows you to ignore different concealment effects, such as Displacement and Blur.
  • Arcane Strike worked incorrectly in turn-based mode. Resolution: fixed.
  • The performance has been slightly improved, namely, when using a large number of long-lasting AoE effects (auras, Cloudkill and so on).
  • After you created a mercenary, some alignment-restricted spells could become unavailable even if the alignment was selected correctly. Resolution: fixed.
  • In turn-based mode, effects on enemies could last longer than intended; effects on any characters could last 1 turn less than intended; effects during their last active turn could be visible on the characters’ portraits but they were not visible using Inspect and on the character’s screen. Resolution: fixed.
  • Commands given during the cutscenes played in turn-based mode could be interrupted by the combat logic, which resulted in the cutscene issues. Resolution: fixed.

Items
  • Bracers of Armor failed to protect from incorporeal touch attacks. Resolution: fixed. Bracers of Armor now provide a bonus against incorporeal touch attacks.
  • Instead of applying one of the three effects at random, the Black Star starknife applied all three at the same time.

User Interface

• It was impossible to close the message box with congratulations on completing the Varnhold's Lot campaign. Resolution: fixed.
  • The UI could sometimes work incorrectly if you opened and closed the spellbook quickly on the spell selection page during the level-up or character generation. Resolution: fixed.
  • If you increased a character’s level and then moved to another location sometimes the class selection page worked incorrectly for another character. Resolution: fixed.

• Miscellaneous
    • Fixed the issue due to which the game sometimes couldn’t be saved at the end of the Varnhold's Lot campaign.

A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I'm currently at 'an ancient curse part II'. Is it beneficial to postpone going to the bald hilltop or should I go there immediatly? I thought tackling the problem right away would start the next phase and by postponing it, I have some more time to level up advisers etc.

bec de corbin

Educated
I'm currently at 'an ancient curse part II'. Is it beneficial to postpone going to the bald hilltop or should I go there immediatly? I thought tackling the problem right away would start the next phase and by postponing it, I have some more time to level up advisers etc.
I believe all the curse timers are based on time since the founding of the kingdom rather than anything else, so it doesn't matter.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I have leg sweep but it seems to never trip monster or humans can you guys help me with that?

As explained, there is a certain number that you need to pass to successfully do a combat maneuver to enemy. The enemy will have CMD, that certain number you need to pass while you will be rolling 1d20 + your CMB.

CMB is mainly affected by your base attack bonus (iirc), strength (in case of trip), and size modifier (bigger = better).

Sweep Legs is a Trip combat maneuver. To have feats that support it (as in increasing your CMB above aforementioned formula) you need at least 13 INT, take combat expertise feats, take Trip feats. After that there are several Trip related feats you can take. Mainly there one that also add your dexterity bonus to your CMB.

If that feels like too much Feats to burn for your build you can still increase your odds of tripping by buffing your STR and Size (Bull Strength + Enlarge Person for like early to mid game).

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I thought tackling the problem right away would start the next phase and by postponing it, I have some more time to level up advisers etc.
Why not just try it? The game allows unlimited number of hard saves; advisor's level up takes 14 days, and with the curse active you will see the consequences immediately.

P.S.: I did it with Trolls Trouble. It was fun!

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
I thought tackling the problem right away would start the next phase and by postponing it, I have some more time to level up advisers etc.
Why not just try it? The game allows unlimited number of hard saves; advisor's level up takes 14 days, and with the curse active you will see the consequences immediately.

P.S.: I did it with Trolls Trouble. It was fun!
You get more and more trouble the longer you wait, right? Could be fun indeed, and a good source of extra XP if there are some additional encounters. As for reloading, I do, when I die else I just stick with the consequenses. Having to replay a part of the game I've just played through somehow really kills the game for me, I get demotivated.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
So this sequence of actions:
1. Save.
2. Open Kingdom Management.
3. Choose an advisor and press the button.
4. Wait for several seconds until the animation stops.
5. Check event cards that appeared.
6. Load.
is what "kills the game for you" and "gets you demotivated".

Next time use the words "overwhelming" and "anxiety".

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Adventuring in the far east, now that Tors have joined the Kingdom and I can teleport there:

Mysterious Satyr.jpg

Blinding Bomb owning Fey. Won't be the last time.

Creeping Doom.jpg

Val's new toy. Druid is the only class who can summon the game's most annoying critter type: swarms. And these come with a 24DC Nauseate. Stinking Cloud that also tanks and poisons shit.

Jae14InqvsHellknightsDamageTypes.jpg

Jae unloading all the damage types vs the Hellknights. Cold from Lover's Arrows quarrel.

Flaming Vengeance.jpg

The key item to make Tristian the Nuker lethal. Also buffs up Archon's Aura.

Tristian14killing Leafless.jpg

Tristian rounding into shape, although he'll be casting more than fighting now that we have the Rod. AoOs will still do some big damage.

Amiri dodging Killer.jpg

Keeping saves healthy cuts down on the rezzing. Finished the Immunity to Fear project shortly after this fight. There are several Cure spells which can be used prophylactically if you know what is coming as here.

Jae oysters fav.jpg

Personal Favorite Tuskwater Oysters boosts Jae's Perception even higher.

Val Compnion Quest Reward.jpg

Another reason Mercs suck: they don't get Companion quest rewards.

Jae on another Devourer.jpg

Jae just wasting every Devourer she sees.

MC Grenadier 14 Bow.jpg

MC Grenadier (comes with Martial Proficiency) not bad with the bow, but without Fast Bombs should never have to use it.

Val's revenge.jpg

Val getting even with the last asshole left at Sheyln's Place.

BigZombieAB.jpg

Forgot just how big the Zombie at Collapsed Passage is. Obviously Amiri shouldn't be tanking him.

BigZombieTarPool.jpg

Val's Tar Pool slowing him down.

ValFey14 Firestorm.jpg

Earlier she unloaded a Firestorm and Tristian added a Max Fireball to clear out the chaff.

BlindingBomb Saves Amiri.jpg

Another Blinding Bomb saves Amiri's ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom